Amend

Time Lapse

Luhan’s POV

The clock beside the bed informed me that even on the ungodly hour of 2 am, my eyes would not shut. I had been trashing around the bed for at least 3 hours now. Frustrated, I decided that a glass of water maybe could be of help.

Passing by the master bedroom, I tried to listen for any sound of disturbance. Her nightmares might act up again and I wanted her to be okay. Even though I know she was not. Sighing in relief for the s, I made my way to the kitchen.

But the large window panel displayed a clear sky full of starts tonight. Thus I sat on the cushion by the window and looked outside. I know that a drink would not bring sleepiness to me. I am not tired physically; I am tired mentally.

I miss her; I greatly do. Her smiling eyes, her smile of mischief reserved only for those who she really cares about, and her warm touch. If I could turn back time and take all the pain inflicted on her, I would. I vowed to protect her, but what am I doing? ‘Great job in failing, Luhan.’

I took out a piece of black and white photo from my pocket. I keep it close to me all the time. “My little button, Appa is sorry.” Tracing my finger around the small blot on the sonogram, I choked back a sob.

“I promised you a lot of things, I know. Remember? I promised I would give you the most beautiful name that I could find. And I had found it, you know? I hope you would like it too. Ah Reum; Lu Ah Reum. I did not get to tell your Omma, though. I wonder if she would like it.” I rested my cheeks on the cold glass.

“Remember the toys and dresses that I bought? You would look so cute in them that I am sure I would have you cooped up in the house wondering if you should ever grow up and get married. The books I am going to read to you? The things I would teach you?” A stray tear flowed down my cheeks.

“It’s my fault, I am sorry. Darling, I am sorry that you and Omma were hurt. I am sorry for not being good enough to deserve you guys. I should have never...”

A pair of arms circled my shoulders from behind shocked me. “It was never your fault, Oppa. I am sorry for being an idiot.” Her voice cracked from crying. But it never sounded more beautiful to me. I turned her around into my lap and hold her close.

“We are hurt, that was all. She was our daughter.” She continuously cried in the crook of my neck. “I love both of you. So, so much. I am sorry that you need to go through that.” She pulled away to look at me. “I love her. And I love you too.” And she pulled me closer for a kiss. Amending our broken hearts.

 

A/N : Enjoy! I feel a bit rushed to finish the story now. sorry for any mistakes