Triggered by Jealousy

EXO drabbles!

Hello reader!

I want to warn you that this is not proof read or anything so there are probably some misspellings or mistakes in there but just look past them, okay? This is quite long, I think, but I hope you will enjoy your while and critique is very much appreciated (and needed). Thank you \(^3^)/

__

 

“And then he ran like crazy” Chanyeol laughed and waved his hands enthusiastically in the air, happily telling some story which the younger seemed to find extremely funny. They were drunk, all of them, even Kris felt a little tipsy as he watched the latter across the table, motioning with his hands and eagerly telling his next joke.

 

The only reason Kris agreed to this dinner outing was because Chanyeol would be there, smiling and laughing all night, cheeks turning red from alcohol and, afterwards, he would be mumbling against Kris’s neck as he carries him home to sleep. It had been a routine, something that was only supposed to happen once but now he couldn’t escape.

 

Chanyeol laughed hard, almost falling back on his chair only to lean forward over the table in the last second. The employees hair almost dipped into the leftovers that covered the table and Kris automatically reached out a hand to keep it away.

 

“I think it’s about time he gets home. He’s really drunk.” Doojoon, their chief and also the one responsible for dinner, chuckled as he watched his young employee hang over the table. His hair would be covered in sauce if Kris’s hand wouldn’t be holding the poor guys head up. “Would you mind escorting him home, Kris? He lives in your neighbourhood, right?”

 

In my neighbourhood? Oh. Yeah, right. I said that. “Yes, Chief Yoon. I’ll take him home.” he answered, nodding his head in respect and standing up from his seat, still holding the guy’s heavy head in his hand while the latter mumbled incoherent words and pouted his lips.

 

Suho, which sat beside the drunken employee, swayed a little as he took hold of the guys shoulders to keep his head from the table while Kris came around it to grab hold of the latter himself. “Be careful on your way home, Kris. And don’t think about going to work tomorrow, we luckily have the day off.” Suho informed, a slight slur to his words.

 

Kris hummed. “I’ll see you then” he bid his good bye and walked out of the restaurant with Chanyeol’s arm slung over his shoulders, his weight leaning against him as he stumbled across the floor. The cold air outside hit them both in the face as they exited through the door, making Kris tipsiness subside a little and the fog in his head clear.

 

Chanyeol, on the other hand, seemed as drunk as ever and still had a hard time keeping himself up and not falling to the ground. His head was hung forward and he kept falling to the side, his face brushing against Kris’s chest and hair tickling against his jaw.

 

Kris inhaled deeply and closed his eyes, trying to contain the butterflies that kept flaring in his stomach with every brush and every touch made between them. The employee in his hands stumbled, tripping on his own feet and almost fell forward, dragging Kris with him before he regained balance, sheepishly grinning back at Kris like it was the funniest thing in the world. “That…” he slurred. “Was a close one” Chanyeol chuckled, his eyes crinkling as he clumsily dried his runny nose with his hand.

 

Kris sighed, frowning at the state his colleague was currently in. “Get on my back, Chanyeol.” he demanded, turning his back to the said man and waiting for him to climb on top. It took only a second of contemplating from the latter before he did as he was told and got on to Kris’s back, head immediately falling forward to rest on his shoulder.

 

Staring intently forward and keeping his cool even though the emotions were tumbling inside him, Kris walked towards Chanyeol’s nearby apartment with the latter mumbling incoherent sentences into the fabric of his black suit.

 

“You look...handsommm…” Chanyeol mumbled. “...in a suuiit...”

 

Kris stopped in his tracks and looked back at the latter with a frown, his neck craning to see the guys pouting face drooling onto his suit. “Yah!” he raised his voice, annoyed by the cuteness in front of him and the fact that the guy was drooling on his freaking suit. “Yah, Chanyeol!” he tried again, annoyingly raising his voice more than usual but to no avail as the latter had apparently fallen asleep and the drool just kept dripping.

 

“You’ve got to be kidding me” he growled, trying hard to stay angry and annoyed to keep the butterflies away from flaring in his stomach. Ignoring the wetness that formed on his shoulder, he kept walking and soon he reached the door to Chanyeol’s small apartment. “Chanyeol” he called with informality, the guy being younger than himself. “Chanyeol, I need your keys” he repeated, listening to the slumber and strings of words that left the employees lips.

 

“...left pocke-nmmm….”

 

Kris sighed and carefully put down the drunk guy to the floor of the corridor and reached for his pocket, making Chanyeol giggle. “It tickles”.

 

Kris ignored him and tried to find the keys but found the pocket empty. “Yah, where are your keys? I can’t find them.” he complained and dug into the right pocket instead. All the while trying to not let his thoughts dwell on how easy the other guy reacted to small touches, how sensitive his skin seemed to be.

 

Chanyeol kept laughing, pushing Kris’s hands away with half lidded eyes and a red tinted nose. “Not there, silly.” he giggled jokingly, probably looking extremely funny acting like a child despite his height. With difficulty he leaned against the wall and turned around to show the left pocket he really meant. “It’s right there” he slurred, his body swaying a little and his feet stumbling once as he tried to find balance with his one hand resting against the wall.

 

Kris inhaled sharply, his mind feeling dizzy as he tried to recall why he had agreed to this the first time. The man in front of him was a tease, a real ing tease and Kris had a hard time containing himself when situations like these kept emerging. With breath hitching, he rapidly dug into the pocket of the man’s black trousers and ignored the firmness of Chanyeol’s cheek brushing against his hand.

 

The contact made Chanyeol giggle again, the rustling noise of keys making him turn around, attempting to walk across the floor to reach Kris who was currently busy unlocking his apartment as fast as he could. His body swayed, the world in front of him turning and tumbling as he fell onto Kris body who stood firmly in front of his still locked door. “Obennn the du-oor already” he complained, his hand resting on Kris shoulder to keep his balance.

 

Swallowing down his throat, Kris managed to get the door unlocked and opened it wide for Chanyeol to go inside. The said man stumbled passed him, taking hold of anything to keep from falling to the ground. “Oops” he laughed as he accidentally bumped into the kitchen table on the way to his bedroom and attempted to pick up the glass that had shattered into pieces on the cold floor.

 

Kris, who came running from the hall, took hold of the man’s hands in fear, ready to scold him for being so reckless but stopped himself before he could shout. Instead, he directed him to the bedroom and sat him down on the edge of the bed with a sigh. “Wait here.” he said with a low voice, glancing at the blood that had started to trickle on Chanyeol’s hand before rushing out of the room to find some bandage or a first aid kit.

 

He rummaged through the cupboards in a hurry, all the cabinet doors standing wide open before he finally found what he was looking for and ran back to the bedroom. Chanyeol had fallen to the side and snuggled into the softness beneath him, some of the blood smearing onto the sheets. “” Kris cursed to himself, rushing towards the younger and forcing him up to a sitting.

 

A string of complaining grunts escaped Chanyeol’s lips upon the disturbance of sleep and he childishly whined with a pout on his lips. Kris frowned at the blood, trying to clean the cut on his fingers but the younger kept falling to the side. “Aish” he threatened but Chanyeol ignored him and only pouted even more, his body weight leaning against Kris arm that prevented him from lying down.

 

With a sigh, Kris decided to sit down beside him instead and treat the wound without having the guy fall down all the time. The bed creaked as he sat down, the dip in the sheets making Chanyeol fall towards him and lean his head against his shoulder, a content smile gracing his lips. Kris cleared his throat, concentrating on grabbing Chanyeol’s long fingers and wash away the blood that had already painted the cloth with red.

 

Chanyeol snuggled into the warmth that was Kris’s neck, his nose brushing against the skin and breath reeking of alcohol as the elder fastened a band-aid over the two cuts that covered his fingers. Done with his work, Kris stood up from the bed and took hold of Chanyeol’s shoulder, the latter had already fallen asleep and didn’t complain when Kris guided him to lie down on the soft cushion.

 

He looked around the nowadays familiar room and found a blanket thrown on top of a chair. He grabbed it and wrapped it around the body that had curled up out of the lack of warmth on top of the sheets. A soft sigh escaped the younger man upon the contact and he relaxed into the cushion.

 

Relieved that his work was finally done, Kris walked out of the bedroom and was ready to leave. However, his steps stopped dead when he saw the shattered glass that covered the tile floor and he closed his eyes in misery before he crouched down to carefully pick up the pieces. As much as he wanted to leave the tease that currently slept in the bedroom, he couldn’t just leave a shattered glass lying around for him to hurt himself on in the morning.

 

“What are you doinnngh, Kris?”

 

The said man looked up in surprise. Chanyeol leaned against the doorway, he looked like he was a little more sober now but far from being fine. “Are you leaving?” he asked, his head falling forward and body still swaying like before.

 

“Yes” Kris answered firmly and continued to pick up the last pieces of the shattered glass.

 

Chanyeol grunted. “Why?” he asked back with his eyes closing, trying hard to hold them open.

 

Kris didn’t answer, unsure of what the question meant in the first place. Because it’s what I’m supposed to do? Picking up the last piece, he stood up from the floor and looked back at Chanyeol who met his gaze with his own. “I’ll go throw this out” he said, motioning to the bucket in his hands. “Go back to sleep”

 

“You’ll get back, right?” Chanyeol asked, waiting for an answer. “Kris?” he called. “You have to, okay? You’re not allowed to leave!” the younger raised his voice, pointing messily at Kris’s back and stumbling when he lost contact with the supporting wall. “Arrasso?!”

 

--

 

A ray of light hit Chanyeol’s face. The man grunted, attempting to turn in his bed to escape the blinding sun but he was already awake. The headache that hit him was one of the worse so far and he didn’t dare open his eyes in fear of it becoming even uglier. “Aishh” he grunted, reaching a hand to cover his burning eyelids from the lit up room.

 

Feeling something on his fingers, he lifted the hand up to squint at it, his eyes slowly focusing on the two band-aids that was neatly placed over his fore finger and middle finger. With a frown he tried to recall how they had ended up there but his memory was filled with black gaps that he couldn’t remember.

 

“Ugh, I can’t remember” he grunted and sank deeper into the sheets, hiding himself under the blanket and praying that he didn’t do something stupid. Blanket? Chanyeol raised an eyebrow at the brown blanket that covered his body. “I even slept with a blanket?” he scoffed, sitting up in bed and examining his clothes. His black blazer was neatly hung over his chair, leaving him in his white shirt, his tie were placed along his blazer and even his shoes stood neatly by his bed.

 

Lazily, Chanyeol scratched his head in confusion. It had been the same way the last time they had gone out for dinner with work, that time they had told him Kris had taken him home. Was it him again? Curious, he walked out of bed and started searching for his phone. He lifted everything in the room, rummaging through his clothes and the bed but it was nowhere to be found.

 

“Aish, where did I leave it?” Chanyeol pouted, looking around the room one last time before walking out the door to search in the kitchen. He looked through the plates and glasses on the kitchen table, lifting newspapers and pencils as he went but found nothing. Stopping his rummaging, his gaze stopped at the lonely glass that stood empty on top of an empty plate and suddenly a flashback hit his mind.

 

I crushed my glass, it went into pieces. ! he thought, ready to run and pick up the pieces before someone would step on it and get hurt when he remembered Kris. Kris. He picked up the pieces. He was here. Chanyeol ruffled his hair in annoyance at his foggy memory and groaned as his head suddenly pounded in his hands. “Ugh! Headache...hurts”

 

“Need...coffee…” he dramatically stumbled towards the kitchen counter and was about to make some coffee when he realized the can was already filled. “What the…”

 

Suddenly a shuffling sound approached behind Chanyeol and he turned around in surprise. Before him stood Kris, one hand in his hair, the first buttons on his shirt open and an intense gaze that pierced through Chanyeol’s body, making a shiver run up his spine.

 

“Y-yah...W-what…” Chanyeol stuttered and pointed a band-aided finger towards the man, ignoring the fact that he just used informal language to someone older than him. “W-What are you doing here?” he accused, suddenly feeling nervous in the olders presence.

 

Kris dropped his hand by his side, his eyes flickering from Chanyeol’s widened eyes to his visible chest. “Would you at least close that up?” he retorted back, unintentional anger sounding in his voice as Chanyeol looked down in surprise.

 

His shirt were ed all the way and showed his toned abs and chest underneath the thin fabric. “R-right” he said, trying to sound confident about it, like it was no big deal and his cheeks didn’t just turn red from embarrassment.

 

Kris torn his gaze away from the other and walked up to the counter, opening the cabinet to grab two white cups and pour some hot coffee into them. “Here” he said and reached a cup towards Chanyeol who stood frozen in his spot. Kris noticed he had buttoned his shirt all the way up and couldn’t help but let out a small chuckle, his lips pulling into a smirk.

 

“Yah” he said and reached a hand up to Chanyeol’s throat. “You don’t  have to choke yourself” he smirked and ed the first two buttons of the shirt, meeting Chanyeol’s gaze for a split second before grabbing his coffee and walking out of the room.

 

Chanyeol let out a breath he didn’t know he was holding as he followed Kris’s back with his eyes as he disappeared around the corner. Blinking several times, long after Kris was out of sight, he tried to wrap his head around what just happened and what exactly happened yesterday. He stood there for a while, his big eyes staring into the wall, his eyebrows frowning and lips slightly parted before he finally gave up when nothing came to his mind.

 

Instead, he grabbed his coffee and followed Kris’s footsteps into the living room. The said man were seated on the couch, legs crossed as he calmly sipped on his steaming coffee. “Why are you in my house?” Chanyeol asked by the doorway, his one hand holding the mug and the other placed in his pocket.

 

Kris snorted. “Because you wanted me to” he answered, looking back at Chanyeol who had raised an eyebrow at him in question. “Don’t get me wrong, kid. I tried to leave.”

 

Chanyeol frowned. “What? No, I don’t remember that.”

 

“Well, that’s no surprise, really.” Kris smirked, remembering how the other had practically yelled at him, banning him from leaving the house after he had come back from trashing the shattered glass. “You were pretty scary, you know? Yelling at me and stuff” he teased and watched as Chanyeol’s eyes widened, lips opening and closing in an attempt to say something.

 

“I-I’m sorry” He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. “I don’t really remember but I’m sorry I forced you to stay.” he apologized, shifting from one foot to the other. “Ehmm, do you want some breakfast maybe?” he tried.

 

“Yeah, that’d be nice”

 

“Great. I’m not that good at cooking though” Chanyeol grinned sheepishly. “And I mean it”

 

Kris laughed. “I’ll help you” he offered and rose from his seat, brushing past Chanyeol before he could muster any words of protest.

 

Chanyeol stuttered, attempting to say something but kept quiet and followed the latter into the kitchen instead. When arriving, Kris had already started rummaging through the refrigerator in search for something to eat.

 

“Yah, you don’t have anything to eat in here” he complained, examining the pizza leftovers and coke that was practically the only thing in it. “Do you only eat pizza?” he frowned, looking at Chanyeol from behind the door.

 

Chanyeol grinned apologetically. “I just happen to like it” he excused, acting like an innocent child who had done nothing wrong. Kris sighed at this, raising an eyebrow at the other and closed the refrigerator to search through the cupboards instead.

 

“What about this?” he asked, holding out a can of some curry sauce that was supposed to be eaten with cooked rice. “It’s not outdated or anything, right?” he asked suspiciously while turning the can in his hands, searching for some sort of date.

 

Chanyeol laughed. “Hyung, I bought that yesterday! I promise!” he said, grinning widely at the suspicious look on Kris’s face. Until their eyes met and his smile faltered. “Oh my god, I’m so sorry.” he apologized immediately, dramatically throwing a hand in front of his mouth and widening his eyes. “I didn’t mean to call you that, I just-”

 

“Yah, Chanyeol-ah. It’s fine.” Kris smiled. “You can call me hyung, if you want to.”

 

The younger lowered his hand, frowning now instead and eyed the man suspiciously. “Really? You’re not going to take your words back later, right? You promise?”

 

Kris smiled again, unbeknown to the fact that Chanyeol had already started counting the times he would sincerely smile at him. “I promise” he said and threw the can in Chanyeol’s direction, the latter barely catching it in his fumbling hands.

 

“Okay, hyung” Chanyeol grinned, making the ‘ok’ sign with his hand and blowing the fringe out of his face. Kris turned around and started measuring the rice and water while Chanyeol took a seat by the kitchen table, watching Kris’s back as he made his way around the kitchen.

 

“You’re not going to help me?” Kris frowned, turning around to accusingly stare at the younger. But he only got an innocent grin in return, making him scoff and shake his head at the man. “Yah, really Chanyeol?”

 

The younger batted his eyelids, silently pleading the other to just let it go this time. Kris snorted. “You know you’re not cute, right?” he said, turning around towards the other and leaning against the counter. “It does not suit you”

 

“Aishh. I know, I know!” Chanyeol waved his hand, trying to brush the other away, and leaned cooly back in his chair instead. “I know, so just let me go this once, okay? I already told you I can’t cook.” he reasoned, motioning with his one hand and burying the other in his pocket while trying to slip away.

 

Kris smirked. “You can’t really act cool either, can you?” he teased, making the other huff in his chair and bury both hands into his pocket, annoyingly avoiding the others gaze. Kris chuckled and turned around to place the rice into the rice cooker.

 

“You’re done anyways” Chanyeol straightened in his chair. “What’s with all the fuss” he said, annoyance evident in his voice and Kris turned around to see the other staring into the wall with crossed arms.

 

“Hey! I’m just saying you’re not cute when you try so hard” Kris reasoned, trying to ease that frown on the others face. “Stop pouting about it” he said, a little harsher than he had meant to.

 

Chanyeol turned his head to meet Kris’s gaze from the kitchen counter, an evil look in his eyes as his lips turned into a smirk. “You” he said, poking his band-aided finger at the other and narrowing his eyes. “Do you admit that I can be cute?” he asked jokingly, turning his whole body towards the man.

 

“Seriously, Chanyeol?” Kris crossed his arms. “Not dropping it?” he asked, raising his one eyebrow meaningly in the others direction.

 

Chanyeol shook his head. “Not dropping it”.

 

Kris pressed a finger against his temple and sighed. “Yes, you can be cute.” he admitted. “If…” he continued. “...you don’t try so hard.”

 

Chanyeol snorted. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

 

“What was your question suppose to mean?” Kris retorted back.

 

“Aish. Hyung!”

 

“What I’m saying is…” Kris started. “...You just have to smile that dumb smile like always and ‘Walla~'…” he made motion with his hands. “All the girls will come running for you”

 

“The girls will come running?” The younger man frowned. “Aren’t you supposed to be all manly and stuff. You know, like you?” he asked, motioning with his eyes up and down Kris’s figure. “I mean, all the girls are practically drooling over you and your mysterious aura.” Chanyeol continued, making a dramatic circle around Kris’s body,  symbolizing the ‘mysterious aura’ he was talking about.

 

“Yah, you’re a man, Chanyeol. Which means you’re naturally manly.” Kris reasoned, chuckling at the others serious expression. “Just look at yourself now, for example” he continued. “Two buttons open, a little bit of bed hair, white shirt, black fancy pants…” Kris laughed, not being able to contain it as the suspicious look Chanyeol gave him was just too funny.

 

Skeptically, the younger looked down at himself and frowned. “Yeah, right” he snorted. “Very y, Hyung.” he retorted.

 

“Oh, and yesterday.” Kris continued, teasingly fanning his face with his one hand. “How you stumbled around in the hall, oohh…” he smirked and held a thumbs up towards Chanyeol, who was turning red in the face of embarrassment.

 

“Was it that bad?” he asked and scratched the back of his head, grinning awkwardly.

 

Kris only nodded in response.

 

A beeping sound from the rice cooker startled them both and made Kris turn around to take care of the finished rice while Chanyeol slightly panicked, hurriedly fetching something to eat with and opening the can he had placed on the table.

 

“Let’s eat!” he grinned.

 

--

 

Chanyeol walked into the tall building with a grin on his face, as usual he bowed 90 degrees to every single person he met and made his way to the elevator. “Good morning~” he chimed, winking to one of the young girls jokingly as he stepped inside. The girl blushed, trying to look indifferent as she avoided the other people’s gazes in the elevator.

 

Chanyeol frowned with his back to the girl as she stood in the far corner of the elevator. “Wait, You’re new, aren’t you?” he turned around, pointing at the black haired girl who looked up in surprise.

 

“Huh? Y-yeah” she stuttered, squeezing the bag hung over her shoulder in embarrassment as she glanced at the other passengers in the elevator.

 

Chanyeol suddenly smiled warmly, lowering his pointing hand and stuffing it inside his pocket instead. “Welcome, newcomer.” he smiled. “My name is Chanyeol” he reached out a hand, brushing past one of his colleagues to reach the girl and shake her hand. “Park Chanyeol”

 

“T-thank you. My name is Son Naeun, It’s my first day.” she replied, a shy smile gracing her lips as Chanyeol grinned brightly at her, a glint in his eyes as he turned around again to face the elevator doors. His timing perfect as the doors slid open in that moment and allowed the passengers to step outside into the brightly lit corridor.

 

“Seonbae”

 

Chanyeol halted his steps, turning around upon the calling of a familiar voice with surprise. “Oh, Naeun. What is it?” he asked with his hands buried in his pockets and head tilted.

 

“Uhmm, I-I...Do you possibly know where Yoon Doojoon has his office?” Naeun stammered, blushing as she met Chanyeol’s smiling eyes with her own flickering ones. He remembered my name.

 

"Ah, Doojoon? Yeah, you can follow me." Chanyeol smiled at Naeun, motioning for the girl to follow him and started walking past the corridors rows of offices, lined up one after the other along the white colored wall.

 

Naeun blushed, glancing at Chanyeol’s broad shoulders swaying before her with an excited giggle. She held up a hand to and restrained the grin that threatened to break through. This is going to be perfect. This job, I can manage it. As long as I get to see you every day, I’ll be fine.

 

“There you go” Chanyeol turned around, surprising Naeun who was lost in her thoughts and made her abruptly stop in her tracks, almost falling to the ground in the process. “This is his office.” he said nodding towards the glass door.

 

“T-thank you, Seonbae” Naeun bowed lightly, a flattered smile on her lips.

 

“No worries.” Chanyeol winked. “Good luck then” he said and walked away with a salute to his forehead, continuing his walk past the corridor with numerous of offices until he arrived at the big room at the end.

 

With a content sigh, he straightened his costume and proceeded to his own desk among the many that decorated the room. He dumped his backpack beside the computer screen and sat down onto the chair.

 

“When will you ever stop being late, Chanyeol?” Baekhyun mocked from behind the shielding wall, munching on a piece of bread as he clicked away on his computer mouse. “It’s a wonder you’re not fired yet. I mean, a derpy-idiot-disguised-as-a-giraffe like you. Pfftt- It’s a miracle you’re even alive at all.” Baekhyun ranted with his mouth full of food as Chanyeol sighed from behind the wall. “I mean, if it’s not Doojoon-sshi giving you hell there is still Kris that would skin your ALIVE if you don’t do your job properly. Gosh, he is such a brat with his y eyebrows and piercing gaze.” Baekhyun shuddered. “Ugh, he’s scary!”

 

"Yah, Baekhyun. Just go back to work and leave the giant alone for god sake." Suho complained from across the floor as he tapped away on his keyboard, fingers flying over the buttons. "Besides, Kris was the one who carried drunken Chanyeol home after dinner last saturday. I don't think he's going to be fired anytime soon." Suho smirked and peeked his head out to wiggle his eyebrows at Chanyeol, who frowned in return.

 

"What's that suppose to mean?".

 

Suho laughed lightly. "Well, if my instincts are right, which they usually are by the way because they are just spectacular, I think that Kr-"

 

A loud slam, echoing against the building’s walls made Suho freeze abruptly in his sentence. Chanyeol jumped in surprise, almost falling off his chair and clumsily regaining balance while grabbing anything around him. Baekhyun had choked on his last piece of bread and coughed wildly. Chen, who had been quiet all this time, immediately stood up straight from his chair in attention.

 

All eyes turned to Kris. His gaze pierced through them all in a hard glare, silently lecturing them for fooling around during work hours before he turned towards a girl standing beside him. "This is Son Naeun, our new recruitment to our team“ he announced. “I hope you will take good care of her."

 

Kris looked at his colleague’s around the room, his gaze falling on Chanyeol who smiled at Naeun and waved his hand in acknowledgement. He cleared his throat, disrupting the obviously flirty gazes Naeun was currently sending back to the giant and straightened his costume. “Naeun, I’ll show you to your desk” he said politely.

 

“Y-yes, Kris-sshi” Naeun followed the tall man past Chanyeol’s cubicle to the one across from Chen and wall to wall with Baekhyun, a slightly disappointed frown formed on her face but was immediately replaced with a nervous smile as she met Kris’s gaze.

 

“You can make yourself at home and if you need anything I’ll be by my desk” Kris gestured to the lonely desk in the far back of the room and nodded reassuringly. “And for the rest of you...Do your work properly from now on.” he warned calmly as he turned around to walk up to his desk and sit down in his chair.

 

Small groans erupted from the four cubicles as the employees returned to their work in silence. Chanyeol stole a glance at Kris before he sank down in his chair with a sigh. The man had been practically an angel yesterday and now he was back to being the demanding coworker he knew so well. He rubbed his temples in annoyance. What’s with him, really? Bipolar or what?

 

--

 

"Ehmm, Seonbae?" Jieun appeared by Chanyeol's cubicle, her head sticking up from behind the wall and making the said man jump in his seat.

 

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you!"

 

Chanyeol brushed her off gently. "No worries. What did you want?"

 

"Ehmm..." Naeun blushed, smiling to herself and cutely picking at her hair. "It's this guy...he's like really good looking and dorky" she chuckled. "And I wanted to ask him out...so I was wondering if you...maybe...wanted to, you know, help me out."

 

Chanyeol blinked. A chuckle sounded from the cubicle next to them and a rustling noise as Baekhyun stuffed his face with candy bars. He tried hard choking down his laughter. I never believed this day would actually come. Chanyeol, you’ve gone beyond my expectations.

 

“I-I’m sorry if it’s too abrupt...I just thought...you know...you’re a guy so maybe you could give me some advice? Like, h-how would y-you want a girl to a-ask you out?” Naeun stuttered out the words in a hurry, feeling extremely awkward and cheeks turning red in embarrassment.

 

“Oh, y-yeah” Chanyeol frowned, trying to understand the situation he was in as he awkwardly scratched the back of his head. A girl asking me out? Never thought of that. “Well...I guess a movie would be alright?” he answered with uncertainty, earning another choked laughter from behind the shielding wall and Chanyeol eyed the wall in confusion. What’s up with him?

 

“A movie?” Naeun put on a considering look and put a finger on her chin. “Hmmm, maybe that will work.” she said and grinned. “Thank you, Seonbae!”

 

“Y-yes, no worries” Chanyeol watched as the girl skipped away to her own cubicle with a happy smile on her face. He slumped back in his chair and rubbed his temple in confusion, he had no idea what just happened.

 

“Way to go, Chanyeol!” Beakhyun’s voice sounded from behind the wall. “It seems my theory of you being single for the rest of your life was wrong after all.” he smirked, munching on another candy bar and ignoring the glare that Suho sent him from across the floor.

 

Chanyeol rose from his seat and frowned at the man, his body hanging over his computer screen and hands on his hips. “What?! Single for the rest of my life? You dickhea-”

 

Kris cleared his throat, watching as the tall and clumsy man jumped in surprise, turning around with wide eyes and catching his computer screen from falling to the floor in the last second. Kris kept his professional stance and just gave the employee a silent warning before walking straight to his desk and placing down the papers he had been holding.

 

“Damn it.” Chanyeol cursed under his breath and carefully sat down in his seat again. “Stupid” he said and hit the side of his head. You just had to be caught!

 

The rest of the day went on in silence, apart from the tapping noise of keyboards and the annoying clicking noise of the computer mouses, and Chanyeol couldn’t be more relieved when the clock finally hit four in the afternoon.

 

“I’ll see you guys tomorrow then!” he grinned and waved good bye to the staff members while leaving in a hurry.

 

Naeun grabbed her things in alert. “Seonbae!” she called and hurriedly skipped down the hall, passing the offices and catching the tall giant in front of the elevator. “Let’s go together!” she panted and smiled up at Chanyeol.

 

Kris packed up his stuff calmly and pushed in the chair before walking down the hall as well. He had his black leather bag hanging over his one shoulder and caught up with the other two employees just in time for the elevator doors to open. The three of them walked inside and Naeun cursed silently under her breath for Kris’s presence in the cramped space, making the atmosphere quickly change to some sort of awkwardness and she had a weird feeling it was directed at her. What the heck have I done wrong?

 

Chanyeol cleared his throat, feeling himself suffocate in the tension as he stole a glance at Kris’s side view. He quickly turned away with another clearing of his throat when the others head turned to meet his gaze. Gosh, this is awkward! What have I done wrong this time? Was it the swearing? Oh god. Chanyeol, you are dead meat.

 

Kris couldn’t resist to smirk at the two employees squirming beside him and silently rewarded himself for successfully crashing another lonely meeting between the two of them. He couldn’t deny the feelings of hurt whenever he saw the two of them together and the obviously flirty gazes that Naeun sent towards the giant whenever she got the chance to.

 

Naeun cleared . “So...uhmm...Chanyeol, I was wondering if you would like to go get some coffee?” she proposed and squeezed the straps of her backpack. “Wouldn’t that be nice?” she tried with a smile.

 

“Uhm, yeah okay” Chanyeol smiled back, feeling his mood go up at the thought of coffee to smooth down his recent stress. “Sounds nice”

 

“Okay!” Naeun exclaimed, happily grinning at the thought of drinking coffee with her crush. But then her face suddenly faltered and she cursed under her breath as she fake smiled at the other tall man in the elevator. “You could join us too. If you want.” she offered.

 

Kris took a glance at her, immediately seeing through the fake smile and consciously ignored the hint she was obviously trying to convey. “That sounds nice.” he answered instead and stared at Chanyeol who awkwardly avoided his gaze and hurriedly skipped out of the elevator when the doors finally opened.

 

Naeun followed right behind him and walked up beside him as they exited the tall building. “Let’s go to that café around the corner.” she said and dragged Chanyeol with her, totally ignoring Kris who calmly followed the two a metre behind.

 

Ordering their coffee took longer than Kris had thought and his patience was nearly wearing out as Chanyeol kept changing his order in the last minute. On top of that, the line behind them seemed to grow by the second and Kris was very close to hitting the guy across the head and order one of those lollipops the kids loved for the giant instead.

 

But eventually they settled down at a table and Chanyeol immediately dug into his cake he had ordered along with the coffee, earning a chuckle from his companions as he shamelessly ate up the cake in less than a few seconds.

 

However, he embarrassedly cleared his throat when he met Kris’s gaze with his raised eyebrow and resumed to sip his coffee to avoid the said latter.

 

“So, where do you live, Chanyeol?” Naeun suddenly asked, kick starting a conversation to smooth the tension she was still feeling. She was especially uncomfortable with a certain man of not so many words that kept sipping his coffee annoyingly calmly.

 

“Uhmm, not far from here. I usually take the bus to get home.” he answered, smiling back at the girl and trying hard to ignore the man that sat beside him, causing this tension in the air. He had a feeling his company didn’t particularly like each other. “And you? Do you have far?”

 

“No, I live in the neighbourhood right up the road actually. I often walk home because it’s less expensive.” Naeun grinned, sipping from her straw as Kris shifted uncomfortably in his seat. Right up the road? Not in my neighbourhood i hope.

 

“Hmm, that must be great exercise too.” Chanyeol grinned back.

 

Naeun laughed. “Yeah, it is.”

 

Kris glared at the scene in front of him and felt like puking over Naeun’s damn smiling face. He couldn’t take much longer of the sweet bonding thing she was trying to pull off and took a last sip from his coffee before ‘accidentally’ spilling the warm liquid onto Chanyeol’s office suit.

 

“, I’m sorry, Chanyeol.” he cursed and quickly grabbed a few tissues to try to dry the warm liquid off, which obviously didn’t go so well. “I think we need to go to the restroom. Will you wait here?” he said and nodded towards Naeun to make her stay seated at the table while dragging a stunned Chanyeol towards the restrooms.

 

“Whoa! Take it easy.” Chanyeol complained and tugged at the hand that was pulling at his wrist. “We can just wash it off, okay? No big deal.”

 

Kris picked an empty bathroom and guided them both inside before locking the door. He was still feeling angry and it boiled under the surface like a threatening bomb. Jealousy. What a strong emotion. “Take off your jacket.” he demanded and Chanyeol followed the orders after a moment of astonishment by the recent events. His brain needed a moment to catch up with the fast pace everything was going at.

 

Taking off the jacket, he revealed his plain white shirt and handed it to Kris who kept staring at him with an unusually cold gaze. After a while of awkwardly squirming under the glare, Chanyeol crossed his arms in an attempt to act annoyed. “Kris, are you going to wash it or not?”

 

Kris smirked, his icy glare lightening somewhat and mild amusement replacing it. “I thought we agreed to you calling me ‘hyung’.” he stated and took a step closer to the man in front of him, loving how the other awkwardly scratched the back of his neck and took a step backwards in return.

 

“Y-yeah, r-right. I forgot.” Chanyeol answered, avoiding the others gaze and staring at the tile floor while biting his lip. The thumping of his heart was going louder and louder as Kris kept coming closer to him and soon he wasn’t sure whether he actually for a split second wanted something to happen. Did he anticipate it?

 

“I hope that won’t happen again, Chanyeol. I kinda liked the idea of you calling me ‘hyung’.” Kris walked closer until Chanyeol was completely pressed against the wall and breath hitching as he pulled his chin up to meet his gaze. He wondered if this was maybe his best shot, that maybe trying his luck now would be as good as any time and that maybe, he didn’t imagine the tint of lust in the others eyes.

 

Kris decided that being turned down now or tomorrow or the day after that wouldn’t make much difference and with that he grabbed the others waist in a firm grip. His lips ghosted over Chanyeol’s as he pressed his chest against his and teasingly brushed his nose against the others. He wanted to treasure this for as long as he could, freeze the moment and etch it into his mind forever.

 

Grabbing a hold of Chanyeol’s belt and gently pulling it forward, Kris let his lips collide with Chanyeol’s and kissed the man fully on his lips. He tasted coffee and the sweetness of cake mixed with a distinct taste that only could be explained as the aroma of Park Chanyeol himself. It lasted forever but still not long enough and when Kris finally pulled away he was slightly panting, breath mixing with Chanyeol’s own.

 

The man looked dazed but he didn’t pull away and the courage inside Kris’s chest grew with the knowledge that there was a chance that this wouldn’t be a dead end. He grabbed Chanyeol’s one arm and placed it around his neck before kissing those lips once again, this time with more force and tongue sticking out to force it’s way inside the hot cavern.

 

Chanyeol was stunned at first, brain cloudy and his body heightened with emotions awakened by the touches of Kris warmth. But it didn’t take long before he moved his lips against Kris’s, letting whatever useless barriers in his brain that prevented him from kissing the man in front of him go and grabbed the fabric of his costume.

 

They kissed for a long time, each one of them drowning in the moment of affection and mutual feelings of arousement. None of them wanted to ruin the moment, let it end and come to realize what road they had steered onto and what their future might hold or how their relationship would be a road with many bumps.

 

Kris pulled even harder at Chanyeol’s belt, his other hand pulling at the man’s waist as he wanted more of the warmth that radiated from the man of his dreams. This was all he had ever wanted and now that he had got it, he would never let it go. Ever.