Never Told You

Collection of Hae's Oneshots

Never Told You
Teukhae
a/n : written in 3rd POV

 

Happily ever after is the perfect way to describe this perfect couple. Leeteuk and Donghae. They’ve been going on dates, text each other, go home from school together, just like any other couple would do. Their love life is as harmonious as ever, they rarely even fight and also very loyal to each other also the yunderstand each other well. Everybody adores this couple, sometimes they feel jealous too. But, who would want to separate such a sweet couple? They promised each other that they’ll stay beside each other forever.

Just one normal day at school, everything was just as usual. Students were starting to crowd in the school and a particular guy was looking around the halls. As one special guy walked through the halls, the guy dashed to the other.

“Hae!” the guy back hugged the special guy or ‘Donghae’.

“What is it Teukie hyung?”Donghae rolled his eyes, pretending to be annoyed.

“You didn’t miss me?” he looked at Donghae while pouting.

“Of course I do!” Donghae answered while his cheeks were getting red as a tomato.

Leeteuk smiled, satisfied. Then he lets go of his precious boy friend. Donghae was nothing but perfect to him but, he couldn’t help to notice that Donghae had been looking down these days.

“Hae-ah are you okay? You’ve been looking really down these days” Leeteuk said, worried.

“No, I’m fine really” Donghae smiled at him.

“Um.. how about to make you feel better.. I’ll take you to The Amusement Park this weekend!” Leeteuk said as he grinned widely.

Donghae nods and grins back at him, “Of course, why not?”

The school bell ring loudly echoing through the halls, students were dashing to each of their classes. Since Donghae and Leeteuk had different classes, cause Leeteuk is a senior, they bid goodbye and ran to their classes. Soon enough the halls were empty.

“Hae~” Leeteuk shouted from the front yard of Donghae’s house.

“Yes, wait a minute” he replied.

He came out as gorgeous as ever but, Leeteuk still could see that his face is still off. He smiled at him but, the smile didn’t look as happy as the way he used to smile. Leeteuk was worried of course, that’s why he hopes that after this date, his precious Hae would be as cheerful as ever. Leeteuk smiled back at him and they walked hand on hand to the bus stop. As soon as they arrived, Leeteuk bought some tickets and Donghae sat on the bench looking blankly to the sky. Leeteuk looked at Donghae and frowned a bit. He received the tickets and sat beside Donghae.

“Hae, are you sure you’re okay?” He asked Donghae.

“Of course I’m okay. Why in the world wouldn’t I be okay?” Donghae pouted cutely.

“No.. It’s just., you look a bit off these days. I’m really worried about you”, Leeteuk said full of concern.

“Teukie-hyung , there is absolutely nothing to be worried about, I’m just a little tired okay?” Donghae said.

Leeteuk just nods as the bus arrives.

“Come on, let’s go!” Donghae said in a cheerful tone as he dragged Leeteuk in to the bus.

“Okay okay” Leeteuk chuckled.

Everything is fine after all. Leeteuk thought as he listened Donghae talking about some awesome things they would do at the amusement park. But, soon enough Donghae fell asleep and Leeteuk placed his head on his shoulders. With Donghae by his side, time passed quickly. The bus stops at their destination stop. Leeteuk dragged half-awake Donghae out of the bus earning a light hit on the chest from Donghae.

The Amusement Park was huge, there were so many awesome rides. Donghae is surely brave, he dares to ride every single ride on The Amusement Park. Leeteuk isn’t a coward but, he isn’t the bravest either. He swore he almost puked after riding the roller coaster when Donghae just jumped excitedly and dashing through the rides. Soon the dawn came and the sky had beautiful mix of colors, orange, pink, light purple. It was beautiful. To get a better view they decided to ride the Giant Ferris wheel. The giant wheel moved slowly and calmly.

“Beautiful isn’t it hyung?” Donghae smiled at Leeteuk while holding a huge cotton candy in his hands.

“Not as beautiful as you” Leeteuk said, smiling at Donghae..

Donghae hits Leeteuk lightly and said, “Yah hyung! You’re so cheesy!”

“But you like me for that too, right?” Leeteuk raised his eye brow.

Donghae just puffed his cheeks and looked away. Leeteuk know that he’s blushing right now. Leeteuk chuckled lightly and then he holds Donghae’s hand.

“Hae, I like every single thing for you. No need to be shy. Withy you everything is perfect for me. I can’t imagine my life without you, Hae.” Leeteuk said like the poetic guy he is.

Then Donghae suddenly looks at Leeteuk, he suddenly looked off again. He was cheerful and happy just a while ago then he looked down again.

“H-Hae? Did I say something wrong?” Leeteuk looked worried immediately

“You know, our relationship is perfect but..” Donghae said, with every single worked he looked more off. Right now, he looks sad, worried, and nervous at the same time. Something is definitely wrong.

“But, I think it’s just too perfect and it-it’s not normal..” he said, looking to the floor and playing his fingers.

“What do you mean ‘not normal’ ?” Leeteuk couldn’t help to feel mad but worried at the same time.

“You know.. it’s just too perfect to be true.. M-maybe, we’re not meant for each other” Donghae stuttered..

“What do you mean by that?! That doesn’t make sense” Leeteuk is slightly shouting right now.

“Leeteuk hyung.. I think we need to break up” Donghae said slowly.

It turned silent for a while. Leeteuk can’t digest the words, the words are echoing inside his head. “We need to break up”. Leeteuk went back to reality and reacted immediately.

“WHAT?!” he shouted.

“Leeteuk hyung... I..” Donghae tried to calm his hyung down.

“Why?! What did I do wrong to you Hae?! What did I do to you?” Leeteuk was tearing apart right now, slightly, tears were falling down from his eyes.

“It’s not you hyung! It’s me.. I just..” Donghae can’t finish his sentence.

“You just what?! Why Hae? Why? Don’t you know how much I love you?” Leeteuk shouted like crazy.

“ I doknow that hyung, I just think this is not working..” Donghae said. His eyes were  getting red too.

“Why Donghae? Why?” he cried desperately, pleadingly looking at Donghae.

Donghae realized the Ferris wheel had stopped. They reached the bottom, they reached the ground. He opened the ride door.

“I’m really sorry Leeteuk hyung but, it’s over”, he said as he ran away from the ferris wheel with tears falling from his eyes.

Leeteuk stood there miserably southing Donghae’s name. He cried endlessly and he went home soul less. Like he’s just an empty body, like he lost his soul. He ignored his parents trying to talk to him. He locked himself in his room and cried silently.

Donghae was clearly avoiding Leeteuk every single day. He just watched Donghae from far at the cafeteria or sometimes at the library. He could see that Donghae too, was clearly feeling miserable and each every day he looked downer and downer. Donghae would take glances and look at Leeteuk and when Leeteuk looks back, he turns away. Leeteuk has a feeling that Donghae never wanted to break up with him. Tho, Donghae never lets Leeteuk to be just a bit near to him, he would dash away. Both of them seemed lifeless. Everybody was surprised about their break up, they were like the perfect couple. Their friends tried to comfort each of them but no, they both are still miserable.

Then one particular day, Donghae didn’t come to school. After a few more days, he still didn’t came. Leeteuk asked the teacher but, the teachers didn’t know too. His parents didn’t inform the school or anything. He came to Donghae's house millions of time but, no one was there. Every day he gets so much and more worried about Donghae. Maybe he moved? Maybe he’s sick? Maybe he’s hiding from him? He can’t pay attention to lessons, he can’t sleep, he doesn’t eat right, he’s already like a zombie.

A month passed and still no sign of Donghae. Leeteuk is desperate, he wants to at least . After extra class, he stopped by to Donghae’s house again and no one was still there. He remembered when he used too pick Donghae up and he will see Donghae coming out cheerfully.  He remembered when he confessed to Donghae. When they went on their first date. When he hits him jokingly for being cheesy. When he smiles. When he pouts. When he laughs. When he cries. When he blushes. Then suddenly all of that was taken away from him. His soul. His sunshine. His oxygen. His everything. He is nothing without Donghae..

The sky is grumbling and dark grey clouds were dominating the sky. He looked up and raindrops started falling. Soon, the rain got heavy and he only shouted loudly like a madman. He misses Donghae. He cries desperately, not caring about getting wet and soaked. The rain didn’t stop. He continued standing there crying until night. People that past around think he's allready crazy. He doesn’t care about anything anymore. He waited and waited for a miracle too happen. For Donghae to come back. His legs were starting to give up on him and from the far on the road he saw a bright light.

A car. It stops right in front of Donghae's house. Donghae’s parents! he thought. Leeteuk looked at the car and Donghae’s parents came out but, no Donghae. He was disappointed, very disappointed. He wants to see Donghae. He just wants Donghae back. Even if they can't be together again. He just wants Donghae to be back. His vision was getting blurry and everything turned black.

Soon he woke up on a sofa. His vision were still blurry. He looked around. Donghae’s house. He thought.  He saw Donghae’s parents sitting on another sofa near him.

“Leeteuk ah.. what were you doing?!” Donghae’s mom asked.Leeteuk saw her eyes are red.

“Where’s Donghae?” he said, rather impolite but, he was worried about Donghae.

Donghae’s parents looked at each other and started tearing up. Tears flew from their eyes.

“Teukie ah..” Donghae’s mother said, she was crying.

“Where is he right now? I want to know what I did wrong to him” Leeteuk asked.

Something bad happened, he knows that.

“Oh my god… Donghae didn’t tell you. Did he?” Donghae’s mom looked at me and pulled me in a hug.

“W-what happened? Tell me what? Where is he?” Leeteuk said, his hard is beating fast, he’s so worried about Donghae and questions flew through his head. He can’t understand anything.

“Leeteuk ah.Donghae.. Donghae’s not in this world anymore… He had brain tumor and he’s no longer alive.” Donghae’s father told him.

For a second. His whole world went blank. He can’t even believe what he had been told about. ‘not in this world anymore’ ‘brain tumor’'no longer alive', the words were echoing inside his head. And then when he finally realizes it. His whole world broke and collapsed. Donghae is not in this world anymore. He’s-he’s dead. The reality is too hard for him to accept.

“No! No! No! No! That can not be! That’s not true! donghae is okay! He’s…” Leeteuk started crying helplessly. Donghae’s parents comforted him.

“He took surgeries but, It was no use.. this night.. he- he took his last breath at SM hospital, there was nothing we can do”  Donghae’s mom told her while wiping her own tears.

“Mrs. Lee, you’re joking right?! You must be joking! You’re just trying to get Donghae away from me!” He cried out.

"We're sorry Teukie ah...This is the truth" Donghae's mother said again.

“No! No! No!” Leeteuk shouted as he stormed out of the house.

The storm was still raging but, he didn’t care. He ran to SM Hospital with tears in his eyes. Donghae can not be dead. He’s everything to Leeteuk. He rushed in SM Hospital and he bumped into a nurse, he looked at her.

“Are you  okay there?” the nurse asked.

“Where is Donghae’s room? Lee Donghae?!” he asked, still panting.

“The brain tumor patient? If so, he’s in room 126 but..” the nurse’s sentence was cut by Leeteuk.

Without replying he dashed to room 126 to see Donghae. Leaving the nurse dumbfounded. The nurse already knew patient room 126 is no longer alive.

Leeteuk arrived in front of room 126. His hands were on the knob but, his hands were shaking. He wants to see Donghae, but what if they’re right? That Donghae is no longer in this world anymore. He calmed himself and took some courage. Then, he slowly opened the door.

In the hospital bed, a pale body was lying there, lifeless. Leeteuk looked in horror. This can not be real. Donghae, his one and only love is lying there, breathless. Then he rushed beside the bed. He kneeled down beside the bed. He shook Donghae’s body desperately.

“Hae! Wake up! Donghae! Don’t joke around!” Leeteuk screamed.

The door flew open, the nurses that were going to move Donghae came in and after seeing Leeteuk, they quickly went back and closed the door.Leeteuk didn't even care. Donghae was to precious for him to lose.

“H-Hae! This can’t be true! You said we’ll be together forever! Donghae!” he shouted as he shook the lifeless body.

“no.. Donghae! Don’t leave me! Please….” Leeteuk cried beside Donghae’s body and burried his face on the sheets.

Just then, a letter slipped out of Donghae’s hand. While still sniffing, Leeteuk took it and read it. Dear Leeteuk hyung. He immediately unfolded the letter and read it.

Dear Leeteuk hyung

Eetuk hyung, I’m so sorry for all of this. I never ever wanted to break up with you.  I believe that you are the one for me but, fate says another.

A few months ago, I was diagnosed with Brain Tumor. I took surgeries but, I knew it wasn’t working and each and every day my tumor is getting worse. I was afraid to leave my family, friends, and of course, you hyung. I thought, if I told you about this, you would be worried about me and you would be so heartbroken. So, I decided to just break up with you.

Breaking up, I knew, didn’t went well for me neither you. I felt hurt seeing you like that. So.. Lifeless. Not like the Teukie hyung I knew. Cheesy. Cheerful. Kind. Nice. Strong. But, you should know I felt the same way. I want to hug and comfort you so bad hyung, I want  to stay by your side but, I was dying. I can’t let somebody I love so much love a dying person.

Hyung, I just want you to know how much I love you. I promised we’ll be together forever but, destiny says another. I love every single thing about you. You are the miracle sent to my life, you always comforted me, you cared for me in a way no one else did. Even i only spent my life awhile with you, I will never forget every single thing we did even If I’m dead. And of course our last bitter sweet date.

You should know, our souls might be apart but I’ll be always in your heart. ( Looks like I got cheesy like you huh hyung?)You’re the best ever Leeteuk hyung, you deserve to be happy. Don’t forget me okay? But I will pray for you to find another special one you can hug in the halls, the one you can take to dates, the one you can joke around with, just like what you did to me and believe me that person would be the happiest and luckiest persom in the world to have you. I’ll see you when you’re already old, Eetuk hyung. And always remember

I Love You <3

Sincerely, the one that loves you,

Donghae