A Song For You

Collection of Hae's Oneshots

A Song For You
Yehae a/n : written in 3rd POV

Super Junior’s dorm was surprisingly quiet tonight. The childish members usually watch movies or play with each other around this time. Turns out, all of them are fast asleep except for Kim Jongwoon a.k.a. Yesung in case you don’t know. The beautiful voiced guy was sitting in the kitchen while sipping his hot tea. The members just got home from practice and as Super Junior’s main vocal, Yesung had to practice harder than the other members who were also practicing really hard. He closed his eyes trying to remember the song they sang during practice. Humming quietly, he remembered the lyrics for the song immediately.

 

 Just then, footsteps were heard from behind him. He looked back just to find no one. He looked around and wrinkled his forehead in confusion. But then, he shook it away and continued humming softly. All of the sudden, everything turned black as a pair of warm hands covered his eyes.

 

“Yesung hyung~ Guess who?” The cheerful voice was very familiar in Yesung’s ears.

 

“Donghae, I know it’s you” The older chuckled, he was sure his sweet dongsaeng, Donghae is behind this.

 

“Yah! Hyung, how did you know it was me?” The younger uncovered Yesung’s eyes and pouted like a little kid.

 

“No one is as childish as you, Hae”

 

“Well, all of the Super Junior members must have something special and unique right? Like your voice, I woke up and heard you humming, it was very soothing hyung”

 

“Really? Thank you, Hae. Then again, sorry for waking you up from your sleep”

 

“It’s worth it”

 

The younger grinned happily at the older male who just wanted to pinch his soft cheeks due to the younger’s adorableness. Then, the younger’s cheerful face turned into a soft shade of pink which just made the younger look cuter.

 

“Erm… Hyung? Do you, well… you know, perhaps sing a song for me?”

 

“Why?”

 

“Um… Because I think your voice is really great and I-I just want to hear you sing again. Is it too much to ask hyung?”

 

“Of course not, I would do anything for my little saengie”

 

Yesung ruffled Donghae’s hair earning a wide smile from the younger but, something feels off from the younger’s smile. There’s a hint of hurt and disappointment in his beautiful smile. He must’ve been tired Yesung thought. He pulled the blushing younger into a tight hug and smiled warmly as he released the younger. He placed his hand on Donghae’s shoulders, focusing on the younger’s soft and plump lips which just looked so kissable. When, he leaned forward to the shorter, a whistle was heard from around them.

 

“Whoa! Are you guys finally dating?”

 

Both of them turned to the living room and saw Kyuhyun with messy hair and his PSP. Kyuhyun grinned sheepishly at both of them.

 

“Hyung! I’m really glad you guys are finally-“

 

“Listen Kyu, we’re not dating or anything. It’s just normal hyung-dongsaeng relationship. You really think I would date my lovely dongsaeng? That’s just wrong, isn’t it Donghae?”

 

When Yesung turned to see the younger, tears were slightly falling from his beautiful eyes. The younger realized that Yesung was looking at him and he quickly wiped his teardrops away.

 

“Y-yeah. Of course. I-I’m just going to go back to my room now”

 

The younger ran in the speed of light to his room and slammed his door. Yesung could hear cries from his dongsaeng’s room. With that, his heart felt heavy and filled with guilt. His words were really mean and most importantly, he was lying to himself. How could he not fall for his clumsy and childish but, cute and loveable dongsaeng?

 

“Hyung”

 

Kyuhyun’s voice brought him back to reality. Yesung could see the disappointment in Kyuhyun’s eyes which made him guiltier.

 

“Hyung, you’ve hurt him too much! Can’t you understand his feelings? I know you both love each other and instead of telling him the truth you said those mean and nonsense words?! I’m disappointed of you, hyung”

 

Without hearing Yesung’s reply, the maknae walked back to his room and shut his door quietly. Yesung didn’t even know what was wrong with him. He obviously loves Donghae more than just a dongsaeng but, why can’t he admit it? Instead, he hurt his beloved Dongsaeng. He better find a way to fix this.

Slight teardrops were falling from Donghae’s cheek who locked himself in his room. Yesung doesn’t feel the same way as he does, he shouldn’t have done that. What if Yesung knew about his feelings? Will they’re hyung-dongsaeng relationship fall apart? He sighed heavily and hugged his giant nemo plushie.

 

Knock knock

 

Donghae heard someone knocking on the window but there’s no one.  Confused, he looked around the room and checked the door. No one was there.

 

Knock Knock

 

He looked to the window again still, no one was there. Starting to get scared, he hid under his blanket. But then, he heard a very familiar humming voice. He immediately ran to the window and slammed in open, to find Yesung standing on the emergency stairs which is right beside the window and leaning to the brick wall of their dorm. He was humming casually and he looked at Donghae’s direction with a warm smile. Donghae quickly wiped his tears away.

 

“Y-Yesung hyung… I… Umm…”

 

Yesung gently placed his finger in front of the younger’s lips to prevent him for talking and somehow he jumped from the emergency stairs to the wide window. He leaned to the window frame while hugging Donghae tightly.

 

“Shh… Donghae, I’m sorry for saying those mean words. I was obviously lying to myself and I know I hurt you but, please forgive me”

 

At the end of his sentence, Yesung began humming softly. Even though, still not understanding Yesung’s word, the younger closed his eyes and enjoyed the older’s soothing voice.

 

mi-an-hae chong-mal mi-an-hae 

 

Even when I say this I feel apologetic

 

yi mal-cho-cha-do mi-an-hae

 

In a short while, we might lose everything

 

cham-si-myeon urin mo-du il-ke dwil-de-ni-kka

 

Love really hurts, it hurts too much

 

sa-rang cham a-peu-da neo-mu ah-peu-da

 

 I keep smiling yet crying endlessly

 

swim-eob-si nal ut-ke-ha-go ggeut-eob-si na-reul ul-rin-ta

 

 Love is really funny, really frightening

 

sa-rang cham uh-seum-ta chong-mal du-ryeom-ta

 

Please, stop it now, if only I was able to wake up from my dream

 

je-bal yi-je geu-man ggum-eul ggae-ke hae-jwo-seu-myeon joh-ket-da

 

As soon as he ended his song, he parted their hug and gave Donghae an encouraging smile. The younger was crying out happy tears in front of the older.

 

“Donghae, listen, I’m sorry. I didn’t know what was I thinking. I want you to know that, I love you so much. More than a dongsaeng, more than everything”

 

“H-hyung? Do you really mean it?”

 

“Of course I do”

 

“By any chance, could you be pretending just to make me happy? H-hyung you-“

 

The shorter’s unsure face became a shocked one when the older pressed his lips against his soft ones. He stood there, frozen and dumbfounded for a while. But, when he got back to reality, he closed his eyes and enjoyed the sweetness of the other’s lip. Lips still pressing against each other, they keep they’re kiss as an innocent one. In need of air, Yesung pulled away from him, earning a light whine from the younger. The younger smiled brightly and snuggled to the older's nape.

 

“Yesung-hyung, I love you”

 

“I love you too and you know that”

 

“Hyung”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Sing me to sleep?”

 

“A pleasure”

 

With that, the younger male laid on his bed softly. As he closed his eyes, the older sang him a lullaby gently. Slowly drifting to dreamland, the younger thought Dreams couldn’t be better when I have you. When the younger was finally fast asleep, the older pecked his forehead gently. Indeed, all I can give is a song for you.