Miracle From An Angel

Collection of Hae's Oneshots

Miracle From an Angel
Kihae a/n : written in 3rd POV

It's called a miracle, isn't it?

In a crowded classroom filled with students, two boys were holding each other’s hand and looking deeply into each other's eye. Almost like a scene from a romantic movie.  The shorter boy moved uncomfortably.

“Yah, Kibum stop this!”

“Just a moment Hae. It’s okay right?”

“No!”

The short boy struggled and released himself. With a little whine the shorter boy turned around and huffed. The taller boy didn’t gave up and pulled the little hand again.

“Kibum, I told you not to touch me with your cold hands!”

“But Hae, my body is cold. C’mon make it warm”

Soon, the classroom was filled with laughter from their classmates. The two boys continued playing with each other and Kibum was chasing Donghae around to find his source of warmth. Their classmates started giggling and talking to each other about the two boys.

“They’re always close with each other”

“Are they dating?”

“No. They’re neighbors and childhood friends”

◄►

After school ended, the two boys walked beside each other. The weather was terribly cold since it was winter.

“Yah, it’s so cold”

Donghae realized that Kibum was shivering because of the cold.

“Donghae, I forgot to bring my mittens. Can I hold your hand?”

“What?”

Donghae rolled his eyes playfully and sighed. As he nods in agreement, he links his warm hand to Kibum’s cold hands.

“Well, I have to help my friend right?”

“Since you were little, your body had always been warm. I'm so envious”

“That’s only because you’re body temperature is low, Kibum”

Donghae and Kibum grew up together, they were used of being together. Donghae has always liked Kibum. More than a friend.  He’s been enjoying their ‘friendship’ that makes him feel comfortable. His ‘more than a friend’ feeling, has never been told.

Soon, they arrived at a mini market and Donghae decided to buy some snacks for them. He walked out with a plastic bag filled with snacks and a bright smile. Kibum was waiting outside, leaning against a glass wall.

“Sorry if I took a long time”

“Yeah. It’s alright”

Wait, what? Donghae thought. Standing beside Kibum, was a little boy, around seven years old. The little boy was staring at him.

“Who’s that little boy?”

“Huh?” Kibum looked around, up, and down but, seen no one.

“Which boy?”

“What do you mean ‘which boy’?”

“There’s no one! Are you alright?”

“I’m the one who’s supposed to ask that!”

They started shouting at each other and Kibum decide to shut his mouth. Donghae looked to the little boy and then looking back to Kibum, still not understanding what  is happening here. By then, Kibum decide to break the silence.

“Erm.. are you joking around?”

“Uh..umm... yeah”

Donghae smiled nervously at Kibum and looked back to the boy, who hasn’t stop staring at him. I-I’m the only one who can see the boy?  Then, both of them decided to run off, thinking that the boy was a ghost.

◄►

As soon as the two frightened boys arrived at their apartment. They both bid goodbye and went in their own homes. Donghae sighed as soon as he walked in his home.

“I never thought I would see a ghost”

“I’m not a ghost”

On the open apartment window, the little boy he saw was sitting there not afraid to fall back. Donghae let out a high pitched scream.

“Welcome Human”

“Y-you followed me! S-sorry, please go back t-to your world”

Donghae begged while shaking in fear. The little boy walked around him, analyzing Donghae. He laughed cutely while spinning around.

“Awesome! It’s the first time I’ve seen a human like this. We have things in common”

The little boy laughed and Donghae was still frozen in fear.

“I’m going to give a momento for you. I’m going to tell you something interesting”

The boy smirked playfully and just then, white clear wings appeared behind him. White clear wings. What?Donghae widened his eyes in shock. The little boy’s expression changed again to a serious one.

“Kim Kibum, the one you love so much. Is going to die soon”

Freezing in his place, listening to the boy’s word, Donghae didn’t know what is happening anymore. The boy paused and continued talking.

“I am the angel that’s sent to come after Kibum”

What is he even talking about?

◄►

With a blink of an eye all of his surrounding changed. He abruptly woke up from his bed. He looked around. No sign of the little angle boy. Was it a dream? But it felt so real...

“Huh? A dream?”

He rubbed his eyes to make sure. Once again, he looked around. Finding no one, he started laughing to himself.

“Angels..”

Even in a dream, that’ll be impossible. Kibum won’t die. That still was a terrifying dream.

◄►

Morning!”

Kibum greeted Donghae with a warm smile as soon as Donghae stepped out of the apartment. That weird angle boy isn’t here anymore. So, that must be a dream. He nodded to himself.

“What?”

“No, nothing”

Donghae smiled at him, forgetting the horrible dream he just had. Just then, a business woman walked pass him. He couldn’t believe his eyes. A little girl was walking beside her. Not just a little girl, a little girl with wings. His heart started beating rapidly. T-that girl has wings? Just like my dream yesterday. He pointed at the little girl with shaking hands.

“K-Kibum, can you see that little girl? The one beside that woman”

“Not again, Hae..No I don-t see..”

Kibum's sentence was cut with a loud screeching noise as the woman crossed the street. Just then ,a loud thump was heard as the woman’s body fell to the ground. Both of them watched in shock.

That little girl was the one sent to come after that woman? That wasn’t a dream. Kibum’s going to die?

“I am the angel that’s sent to come after Kibum”

◄►

The rooftop was silent. Kibum and Donghae was sitting there.

“That was a horrifying accident. Are you alright Hae?”

Donghae didn’t answer. He was lost in his own thoughts. Kibum will die? Impossible! He’s healthy. He’s only in senior high school. But, the woman that died was young too. Then, Kibum will get into a car accident too? Kibum shifted closer to Donghae and gently put the shorter’s head to his shoulder.

“Donghae”

“Kibum..”

Kibum just looked at him with a ridiculous smile and all of a sudden Kibum pulled him into a tight, warm hug.

“Kyaaaa! Cold!”

“You scream like a girl, Hae”

“Stop it, Kibum!”

Donghae whined childishly while Kibum just laughed at his cuteness. Donghae turned around and finding Kibum’s face close to his.

“Finnaly you want to look at me”

Kibum smiled at him and Donghae hugged him tightly out of the blue. Kibum won’t die. We will be together. The person I love more than anybody else.The one I love. While still hugging a blushing Kibum thightly, Donghae took a deep breath.

“Donghae..”

“Kibum, I’m going to ask you to do something really weird.But, just listen to me and don’t ask anything”

“From now on, don’t go outside without me. I can’t tell you why, the main thing is don’t leave my sight”

Kibuim looked at him with a confused face. Which soon, changed into an understanding smile. Kibum moved closer and snuggled his head with the shorter boy.

“Okay, I understand”

“Donghae won’t say something like that without a reason. You’re always stubborn about what you say too. But, you will tell me the reason later, right?”

I won’t let Kibum die. I will protect him.

◄►

”That won’t change anything”

Donghae was eating his lunch at home quietly when the little angle boy appeared in front of him. The angle boy had a serious expression on his face which Donghae doesn't like.

“That thing had been decided”

Donghae looked back at him with a furious expression.

“You’re an angle right?! Then, help Kibum!”

Even though he was serious, the boy didn’t seemed to listen to him. Instead, the angle was staring at the omelet fried rice Donghae cooked himself for lunch. Donghae rolled his eyes.

“What? You want it?”

The angle looked at him innocently and nodded lightly. Donghae sighed and moved the plate in front of the boy. What am I even doing? An angle eating rice. But, the angle is really like a kid.The angle looked at him again this time with a softer expression.

“Again, an angel’s job is to come after humans. Unfortunately, gods and angles won’t help humans in these things”

Impossible.

◄►

“Hey, hae. Why are you so limp?”

“Umm.. I.. I had a stomachache since this morning”

Donghae rubbed his head awkwardly while laughing to himself.Kibum laughed and continued walking through the halls with him.

“Yah, you.. Isn’t there another way to say that?”

Just as Kibum finished his sentence, a tennis ball came flying from behind. Donghae who saw the tennis ball, pushed Kibum away from the tennis ball..

"Kibum, Watch Out!”

A loud crashing sound was heard as the glass broke. The students ‘s attention were on the broken glass.

“What happened?”

“The window broke because of the tennis ball”

Kibum was frozen in his position, seeing a boy lying on the floor with broken glass all over his body.

“Donghae?”

“Donghae!”

◄►

They both were at the School’s clinic. The nurse had healed and closed Donghae’s scars and wounds because of the broken glass. Other than that, he was completely fine.

“Sorry I made a commotion”

Donghae rubbed his painful head while smiling at angry looking Kibum.

“Why are you mad?”

“Of course I’m mad! Why were you protecting me? Ugh.. If anything happened to you…”

Kibum abruptly pulled Donghae into a hug. Donghae gave Kibum an assuring smile.

“Don’t worry, I’m strong”

I would do anything for you, Kibum. Donghae laughed to himself.

“Hey Kibum, if the scars leave a mark. You will marry me, right?”

Donghae didn’t know why he said that. He knows it’s impossible. A spark of hope came to his heart when Kibum’s cheeks turned red.

“About that.. even if you weren’t hurt, I would still marry you”

Donghae stares at Kibum in shock and they both blushed fiercely in the end.

“Since forever, I had never thought another person than you, Hae”

“I- I also like you. M-more than a friend. I had always liked you!”

He said while tugging Kibum’s collar tightly. With his words, Kibum smiled brightly and somehow picked him up to the air. Swinging him around, ignoring his screams.

“Yup! We’ll always be together!”

We’ll always be together right, Kibum?

◄►

The boys were eating lunch together at their class. Kibum was munching his food, he has been thinking to ask Donghae out on a date since they already did confessed to each other.

“Hae, let’s go somewhere tomorrow”

“No! It’s dangerous outside!”

“Huh? Can you tell the reason now?”

“N-no! Not yet!”

Donghae looked down, feeling guilty to turn Kibum down and shouting at him like that.

“Sorry but, I beg you..”

It’s been a week and the angel boy is still beside Kibum. I’m afraid something bad will happen to him.

Kibum continued eating his lunch and gave Donghae a wide grin as he nods in agreement.

“If I’m with you, anywhere is fine. Umm...How about we just stay at home all day?”

◄►

“Hey, how about we watch a movie?”

Donghae hold up a cartoon movie and showed it too Kibum but, Kibum was too busy snuggling and hugging him too even see it. Donghae whined.

“Kibum~”

“I’m really happy”

“Why are you suddenly like this?”

Donghae giggled at Kibum’s cheesiness.

“Why are you laughing? Aren’t you happy?”

Donghae frowned slightly at Kibum’s word. He pulled Kibum closer, his face only a few inches from the other.

“That’s impossible. Of course I’m happy”

Their lips touch softly, keeping it as an innocent kiss. Always being with Kibum is my happiness. They started watching the movie while snuggling on the sofa.Somehow, Donghae fell asleep on the middle of the movie. Kibum watched Donghae sleeping calmly with an angelic face. .

“Why did you sleep in the middle of the movie huh? Oh well..”

As he stood up slowly, making sure he won’t wake the sleeping boy up he said, “Donghae, I will break my promise a little. Sorry”

You're my happiness. That’s why, don’t leave me Kibum.

◄►

Kibum was holding a little gift box while smiling to himself. I want to give him a ring, as a momento to our relationship.

“Lately, he seems a bit down. I hope he likes this gift”

“I should go home faster”

He grinned while walkking quickly through the side roads. A swooshing noise was heard from above, he looked back just to see a huge construction iron heading right to him. Everything went black.

◄►

At the same time, Donghae woke up from his sleep. He noticed Kibum wasn’t anywhere around him. He looked around again, still finding no one. He rubbed his sleepy eyes to get a better vision.

“Huh? Kibum? Where are you?”

“Kibum?”

◄►

Donghae came running to Kibum’s mother who was in front of the surgery room, walking around nervously while holding in her tears. Kibum's mom looked at Donghae and she burst into tears.

"Donghae!"

“Auntie! Where’s Kibum?”

“H-he’s in surgery. The construction iron fell all of  a sudden”

Kibum’s mom wiped her tears away looking at Donghae weakly.

“What do we do, Donghae? He-He might not make it”

“I am the angle that’s sent to come after Kibum”

Donghae doesn’t want this to happen. This isn’t possible! He ran off , ignoring Kibum’s mother calling his name in confusion. He ran all around the hospital going to every hallways and rooms, shouting like crazy.

“Hey, you’re here right?! Where are you? Come out!”

Soon, he ran off until the rooftop and found the angle boy sitting on the edge while staring at the sky, expressionless. Donghae shouted at him desperately, screaming his lungs out when tears started falling from his eyes.

“Please! Don’t take Kibum! Please.. Stop all of this!”

“even if you weren’t hurt, I would still marry you”

“If I’m with you, anywhere is fine”

Kibum’s sweet words were echoing in his head. No! Please! Not Kibum!

“We’ll always be together!”

“Please! Stop this! Please..”

Donghae was kneeling on the cold rooftop floor, begging the angle boy to spare Kibum’s life. He loved Kibum too much to let him go.He's the only one that really matters to him.

Kibum…

“Anyways, I haven’t thanked you for the Omelet Fried rice you gave to me”

Donghae looked up to the angle boy, tears still falling from his eyes.

“Why are you talking about that in times like this?!”

“An angel’s job is to come after humans but, thanking human for what they give is also an angel’s job”

For the first time, he seen the angle boy smile widely.

“Maybe, you can see me because you’re strong feeling for Kibum”

And with the angel’s word, he disappeared into shimmering feathers and tears stopped flowing from his eyes.

“Where did you go?!”

◄►

Since that day, the angle boy went gone and Kibum.. his soul is save and he recovered miraculously. People say it's impossible but, it is a miracle, in't it?

“Donghae!”

Donghae looked back and ran to Kibum’s direction, crashing himself to Kibum and pulling him to a tight hug. They walked around the park hand on hand.

“Kibum, there’s a lot of things that I want to talk about. You want to hear it?”

“This is a story about an angel that brings magic and miracles”

It’s called a miracle isn’t it?