; Three Heads are Better than Two

✧ ✦ Once Upon a Time ✦ ✧

Seungyeon's POV

"N-O.  NO.  You two are not allowed to travel just by yourselves."

"But-"

"No 'buts' about it, Princess."

"But-"

"I said no 'buts'!"

I sighed.  Nicole had just asked our parents whether or not we could travel to the Matsu kingdom together.  Our parents were not too keen on the idea.  I cleared my throat.  "Well, mother, father, you know it's a once-in-a-lifetime chance." I giggled and pointed at my younger sister.  "Who knows when she'll get another marriage proposal from a guy with a good background?"

"HEY!" Nicole pouted as she stuffed her hands in her hoodie pocket.  Dressed in a highlighter yellow hoodie and baggy white trousers, she looked so much like a princess.

If princesses dressed in bright colored hoodies and wore pants that didn't show off any curves.

My parents let out a sigh as they took in my sister's outfit.  "You may have a point there, dear..." My father mumbled.  "Regardless, as my daughters, as princesses, traveling by yourselves could lead to dangerous situations."

My mother looked to the side with pitying eyes.  "If only Sungmin hadn't decided to leave the kingdom in order to act as a diplomat..."  She sighed.  "He's someone I'd trust to go with you two."

Nicole winced at the sound of Sungmin's name.

Ah, right...  She got rejected just yesterday, didn't she?

---

Nicole's POV

"He's someone I'd trust to go with you two."  Oh, mum.  You just had to mention Sungmin didn't you.  I could almost feel the wounds on my heart reopen.

"Uh, well...  Since Sungmin isn't here...  Does anyone else pop to mind?" asked Seungyeon.  I caught her eye as she gave me a look of pity, before she turned away.

"Entering...  The first prince of the Nam Kingdom...  Prince Nam Woohyun!"

Well, I'll be.

---

Seungyeon's POV

"... Prince Nam Woohyun!" I turned around as Woohyun was introduced.  There he was, walking through the entrance of our main hall, wearing his usual scowl.  When he caught me staring, I swear, his scowl deepened (if possible).  I sighed before raising an eyebrow.  Nicole had a cat-like grin on her face and I didn't like it one bit.

"Well, well, look who's shown up all of a sudden." Nicole chuckled as she went over to Woohyun and smacked him on the arm.  That is, she attempted to do such a greeting before Woohyun harshly grabbed her arm.

"Don't. Touch. Me."  He shook her away and brushed himself off, as if my sister was covered in bacteria.

She snorted.  "Fancy seeing you again too, yeah?"

"Nam-sshi, why did you come here?" My mother asked, puzzled.

Woohyun suddenly plastered a smile onto his face as fake as the smiles Nicole made every time she was asked to interact with palace officials.  "Ma'am, I'm sorry to have interrupted this family discussion; I decided to come today for my weekly date with my fiancee~"

Oh, hm.  I forgot about our weekly dates.  It was one of the conditions set out for our engagement after all.

Conditions?

Well...  Woohyun and I only decided to get engaged to one another in order to stop the war between our kingdoms.  There's absolutely no love on his side of things; in fact, the man seems to absolutely abhor me.

Which is a shame, because I can't say the same.

I stupidly fell for him at first meeting.

---

Woohyun's POV

Oh, hell.  I hate Wednesdays.  Why?  Why do I hate Wednesdays so much, you may ask?

Well, it's simple, really.  It's because I have to see her on Wednesdays.  Wednesdays happen to be smack dab in the middle of the week too.  Sundays through Tuesdays, I dread Wednesdays.  Thursdays to Saturdays, I hope to God that Wednesday never comes.  And then, the cycle continues...  Weekly...  Monthly...  I'd say yearly, but we've only been engaged for about five or six months.

These five or six months have been the longest five or six months that I've ever had to live through, though.  It feels like five or six years have passed instead.

Ugh.  What a horrid thought.  To have to live with her for five or six years.  Thank the lord that our contract stated a relationship of only two years.

---

Back to the current time and place, I had just finished explaining to the Queen of the Han kingdom my business for coming all the way here.  I stole a glance at Seungyeon to be met with a dumbfounded expression.  Stupid girl, I bet she forgot.

"It seems your fiancee must have neglected to mention to you that she wants to travel abroad today." stated the king with a raised eyebrow.  The Han king seems to be the sharpest out of the entire family; he hasn't trusted me since the day that woman and I got engaged.

I smiled in what I hoped was a charming manner.  "It seems so,"

"Ah!" The queen suddenly interjected as she looked at me with expectant eyes.  "Wait, I have an idea for this dilemma!"

Dilemma?

"Why doesn't Woohyun-sshi travel with you two?"

Say what?

---

Seungyeon's POV

Did she just say what I think she just said?

Oh no, she didn't.

---

Nicole's POV

For the love of all that is good and sane, please tell me that she didn't just-

"I'd feel content if you guys went traveling with him; he's a trained professional too, after all." My mother interrupted my thoughts as she finished her own.

Woohyun looked confused.  "I mean, I did do a little bit of sword-training and jousting but-"

"Then it's settled, you will accompany my daughters to the Matsu kingdom."

"Uh..." Woohyun gulped.

"Do you have a problem with this plan, Woohyun-sshi?" My father gave Woohyun the stink eye.  I held in a chuckle; I always knew my father disliked the guy.

"Yeah, do you have a problem with this?" I sneered.  Both Seungyeon and Woohyun turned to me at the same time and gave me their own versions of the stink eye.  Man, if looks could kill...

"N-no, no problems at all, sir." he stammered.  "I will gladly accompany them."

And thus...  With the issue of having a guard resolved, we were on our way to the Matsu kingdom...

My future husband...  Wait for me~

---

???'s POV

My breath hitched in my throat as I managed to catch the glass before it fell.  I had been carrying some clean glasses to the dining room, when I overheard the princesses asking their parents to travel to the Matsu kingdom.

That wouldn't have bothered me so much if Princess Nicole hadn't spoke of Jun-sama becoming her husband.

I growled.  "No one's taking my Jun-sama away from me!"


Author's Note: Who's the mysterious "???" ?  What exactly is the relationship between Woohyun and Seungyeon?  And will Nicole get to find her very own knight in shining armor?  Tune in next time for another update on OUAT~

Comments/Critiques are always welcome~ ^^