The One Fan

The One Fan - Lay

Thousands of fans, Six members, Two hours, one reason why you love EXO-M. Just a few minutes ago, fans were packed into the arena, now it was dead silent. You sat there, staying behind to try and remember the beautiful concert that you just witnessed. Looking around at all of the empty space, you took out your iPod and plugged in your headphones as you placed them over your ears. Starting one of your favorite songs, you started to hum. The humming became light singing, but before long you were singing your heart out.

Lay and the other members sat backstage, exhausted as most of them slept. Lay closed his eyes as he rested on the couch, something caught his attention.

A sweet melody carried his curiosity as he sat up. With his ears tuned to a special voice, he stood up as his tired legs carried him out of the room and down the hall to the stage.

With the singing getting louder, he peeked his head around the curtain as he saw no one in the crowd. Taking a few steps from the curtain, he rose his hand to block the bright lights from his eyes as he searched for the beautiful singer.

His eyes scanned the whole arena as his eyes finally found someone, a single beautiful soul. Taking a few steps to the edge of the stage, he eased himself down as he sat on the edge, letting his legs dangle from the stage as he smiled seeing this beautiful woman sing her heart out.

Pulling out your iPod, you started the song over again as you happily sung your heart out, letting your voice fill the whole arena. Lay swayed from side to side as he listened to you as you sang the whole song once more.

Replaying the song once more, you beamed happily as he watched you as you put on your own little show as you got more and more comfortable with yourself. Yet this time, he sung with you when it came to his part. Hearing another person harmonize with you, you turned around to face the stage as you saw a man, but not just any man, Lay.

Lay.

Closing your mouth and pulling your headphones from your ears.

"I’m sorry, I know I shouldn’t be here. Please don’t tell anyone." You begged as you bowed to him. Lay sat back, shocked.

"I won’t, I shouldn’t be here either." He let out a breathy laugh as he clasped his hands in his lap. Looking up, you straightened yourself as you nodded.

A silence filled the arena as you just looked at each other. You took in his tired appearance, from his sweaty hair to his tense arms as his veins protruded from his arms from the concert.

His eyes scanned his fan, you. With your dark skin, your wavy yet curly black hair. You were different but that is one thing that he loved about seeing his fans. They were all so different.

"I should probably go." You announced as you adverted your eyes from him, your fingers played with your hair as you began to grab your things and walk away. Lay sat there, paralyzed for a moment, before his brain processed what was happening.

"Wait! Wait!" He called loudly as you turned around, he slipped from the high stage before running the short distance to you. "What is your name?"

”_____ _____” You told him as his hand rested on your shoulder.

"Please don’t go, you have an amazing voice." He said as he looked you right in the eye.

"Thank you Lay, but I don’t deserve such a compliment." You moved from his hold as you walked to the exits.

"Don’t we get to choose what we deserve?" He skipped after you as you turned to him. "I think I deserve such a devoted and beautiful fan as you."

Falling silent, you just stood there as your mind raced to find words.

"You’re an idol. You can choose anyone in the world." You mumbled quietly.

"Yet, the game of love sets everyone equal." He remarked as his eyes never faltered from what he considered his angel. Slowly, you bit your lip as he looked at you with loving eyes.

"Do you know what I wish more that this whole world?" Lay asked as his eyes locked with yours. Shaking your head softly he smirked at your cuteness. "M-May I sing a duet with you?" Your eyes got wide as you fell for a loss of words again.

Slowly you nodded your head as he took your hand carefully with his and lead you up to the stage. He lead you to the center of the stage as he grabbed two microphones. Handing one to you, he smiled at you brightly.

"Choose any song that you want and I will sing with you." He whispered in your ear as you took out your iPod and chose a song, one of your favorites about love and first chances. Lay picked up the right ear bud and put it in his ear before he put yours in your ear.

Nodding his head to the sweet beat of the song, you started singing the lyrics as you happily looked at Lay who flashed you a kind smile. It came to a part that he knew as he smiled and began to sing with you.

The harmony filled the whole arena with a honey-sweet sound. Making your stomach churn at how beautiful this all was.

Several songs later, you ended up sitting on the stage as you both sang together. Lay pulled out his phone as he plugged your headphones into his phone. Letting the new song fill your ears you looked at him curiously.

Almost, it seemed that he was dedicating the sweet song to you. His eyes dipped down and looked at your hand as he carefully slid his fingers between yours. Closing his hand around yours, you followed him happily as you smiled brighter than before.

Both of your hearts pounded faster as you felt something inside of you grow. Knowing it was more than just a friendship, you both happily sat and sang together as you got to know each other through music, the same power that brought you both together on that one magical night.