"To our dearest Kyungsoo"

ChrisTROLLmas: Gift Exchange
"To our dearest Kyungsoo"
 

"MERRY CHRISTMAS!" a chorus of voices greeted the door, as the last visitor entered. 

 

"Hyung!" a voice called out, just before the man was tackled to the ground by the taller boy. 

 

Luhan chuckled, seeing the boy's belighted expression, "Hey Sehun!" he ruffled the younger boy's hair, grinning cheesily at his stony expression. Sehun pushed himself off, sticking out his tongue, "Don't mess up my hair, Lu!" In return he ruffled the older one's hair, and even yet, his hair still looked perfectly styled as if he was ready for a photoshoot. 

 

Kris chuckled seeing the interaction, "Don't be so silly Sehun, Luhan was only gone for about a week, and you act as if he's been gone for a month or something." 

 

Sehun brushed off the invisible dust from his jeans, "Felt like a long time to me," 

 

Luhan laughed from his uncomfortable position on the floor, "Ha, very funny guys. Does anyone want to help me up? I think Sehun crushed my ribcage or something..." 

 

Instantly, Yixing was at the sight, "Luhan! You're back!" he bent down to give the other a hand, "How was your trip to China?" Luhan grinned again taking his head, "Same old, same old, why are you asking again?" Yixing's dimpled smile returned to his face, "I'm just jealous that you got to go back to Beijing for the holidays," he admitted. 

 

"Oh hey, Yifan, did you get to go back to Cnanada to visit your family?" The said one nodded his head. "I sure did, I feel as if my Cantonese is getting a bit rusty though..." he answered, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. 

 

"Wait, Sehun, did you get taller?!" Luhan eyed the boy up and down, seeing that he looked as if he had gained a few inches when he was gone. 

 

Sehun shruggged, "Maybe... Is hyung jealous?" Luhan playfully nudged the other, "You should stop growing, or else you'll be just like Giraffe over there," he gestured behind him, at the much-too-tall tower standing behind him. 

 

"Yah!" Chanyeol pouted, handing Sehun a glass of egg nog, "It's not my fault that I got the tall genes, alright?" he swung his arm over Sehun's shoulder, "Don't worry Sehun, we can be twin towers together alright?" The younger boy pats the other on his head, "Chanyeol, you need to learn to stop saying 'alright' after the ends of your sentences," he mimicked his same voice expression,  "Alright?"

 

Just then, Minseok appears out of nowhere, "Ah, Luhan! You're back!" the two embrace in a hug, patting each other on their backs, "So how was your trip?" Luhan shrugged, "Seriously guys, you ask me the same thing everytime I get back from China, it's the same really." 

 

"Mmhm," Minseok hummed a soft reply, before high fiving Yixing. "So, where's everyone else?" Luhan asked out of curiosity. 

 

Minseok shrugged, "Kyungsoo is in the kitchen cooking right now. Oh and I know that Suho might be doing some last-minute shopping, and Chen and Baekhyun are on their way back from practice." Luhan nods, "And what about-" But Yixing interrupts to finish Minseok's unfinished sentence, "Kai is out walking the dogs, so he'll be back soon, and..." he counted his fingers quickly before looking back up, "Wait, where's Tao?" 

 

Then, the said panda pops out from behind the couch, swinging his arms casually around his chinese friends, "Did I hear my name?" Kris rolled his eyes, "No Zitao, we were talking about 'Tao' meaning the symbol, duh." 

 

Tao lets out an offended scoff and smacks the older boy with his elbow. Everyone else laughs at the scene, suddenly the atmosphere seems to lighten slightly, just as the front door opens, letting in a cold gust of air. 

 

"WE'REEEE BACKKKKKKKKK!" A long call comes from the front, making everyone's heads turn. 

 

"Jongdae! Chen!" The two walk in with large smiles plastered on their faces, "Look what we got!" Baekhyun smiles again as he places the two gifts beneath the tree, "The presents are here~" 

 

Soon everyone is in a frenzy, frumbling around to get their gifts under the tree as well.

 

"Did everyone bring their gifts?" 

 

A chorus of 'yes' and 'yeahs' echo in the room. 

 

"I'm not late am I?" a voice enters the room, bringing in three dogs along with him. 

 

"Jongin! You're back!" The tan boy smiles, taking off his coat while releasing his beloved dogs from their leashes. "Just don't feed them anything, ok?" 

 

The rest of the boys gathered around the tree, chatting amongest each other animately. Just as Kai joins the circle, the door bangs open again, "I'm back guys! I'm sorry it took me so long!" 

 

The boys turn their heads, seeing their leader enter the room, "Suho-ho-ho-ho! Did you buy anything for me?" Sehun calls out, the leader gives him a glare, shaking his head in a sort of disapproval. "Don't call me by that nickname Sehun!" He sets the large bag down, counting s, "Hey, where's Kyungsoo?" 

 

The room is quickly silenced as a soft creaking of the door announces another presense in the room. The members turn around, to be met with the sight of Kyungsoo holding a large plate of cookies on his tray. 

 

"What?" he glanced at s, who were in a state of frozen shock, "What are you staring at?" 

 

Then, the 11 boys burst out in hysterical laughter. Rolling and clutching their stomachs from the amusing sight. After all, seeing Kyungsoo being all decked out with a pink unicorn apron and green and red gloves wasn't something you see everyday. 

 

Kyungsoo pouted, placing the tray on the table before dashing back into the kitchen to get rid of the embarassing clothing. 

 

"Kyunsoo, I'm sorry for laughing!" Baekhyun announced once he had returned to the room, "You looked very manly!" then he was laughing his head off once again. Kyungsoo sighed, sitting himself in the circle along with the rest of s. 

 

"Guys, seriously, stop laughing, can we just opening our gifts now?" 

 

Finally, Sehun pulls himself out of the laughing state to take out a gift from the large stack of presents, "I was your Secret Santa Kyungsoo~" he smiled brightly, handing him the carefully wrapped present. 

 

Carefully and gently removing the wrapping paper, the sound of laughter was soon replaced by the crinkling sounds of the paper. Then, his large eyes widened even more, "S-sehun, is this what I think it is?" 

 

Sehun nodded, a bright grin spreading on his bright face, "Merry Christmas Hyung!" He hugged the other making the other cough slightly. 

 

"Thanks Sehun!" he coughed again, "Just promise me you won't choke me the next time you want to hug me!" 

 

The younger nodded obidently, smiling again. "Do you like it?" 

 

"I love it! Now I can add this to my collection!" Kyungsoo announced excitedly, hopping up to his feet, "Let me get my collection real quick-" without even finishing his sentence he ran off towards the kitchen. 

 

"Wait! Kyungsoo! I need to-" 

 

Within seconds, he was back again, the delighted smile replaced with a bewildered expression. "Oh no! Guys! Did you see my spatula recently? You know my favorite one? That had-" 

 

"What do you mean?" Baekhyun spoke up, "You have too many spatulas to count Kyungsoo..." 

 

"No, but this one was my favorite one! It was-" 

 

"Uh hyung... But do you like my gift?" 

 

Kyungsoo nodded distractly to the younger one, glancing up and down at his spatula, as if he was throughly inspecting it for bacteria of some sort. 

 

"Huh, this one looks identical to my other one..." 

 

"Hyung?" 

 

"Yes?" 

 

"I'm sorry..." 

 

Kyungsoo looked up, finally tearing his gaze away from the precious spatula. "W-wait, what do you mean?" 

 

"Well..." the maknae suddenly looked extremely awkward, shifting nervously from side to side. "I-I kinda... Well, I did... I mean..." he stammered, his face turning slightly red. 

 

Chen chuckled, "Maknae, just spit it out," 

 

"I kinda... broke your spatula..." 

 

"You did what?!?!?" 

 

"I-I b-broke your spatula..." 

 

"WHAT?!?! You broke my Celia?!" 

 

Now it was the rest of EXO's turn to be shocked. "Wait, whoa whoa, stop right there," Chen interrupted, "You actually NAME your kitchen utensils?!" 

 

Kyungsoo ignored the comment, solely focusing on the spatula before him, sighing in defeat. "Why did you..." 

 

Sehun hang his head in shame, "I'm sorry hyung," 

 

Kyungsoo heaved a sigh, patting the younger on his back, "It's okay Sehun, after all you bought me a new one, right?" Sehun's face seemed to light up slightly. "Merry Christmas hyung~" 

 

"Same to you too, maknae. Just promise me you won't break any more of my kitchen utensils, okay?" 

 

Sehun nodded, "Yes sir!" 

 

Kyungsoo chuckled, turning back to the rest of the group, as the gift exchange continued. Their merry laughter rang out in the air, their happy smiles and expressions adding even more warmth to the atmosphere. 

 

"Hey Sehun, so how did you break my spatula in the first place?" Kyungsoo asked curiously, making the rest of the group silence themselves. 

 

"I uh... used the spatula to uh..." he began awkwardly. 

 

Suddenly, Kai let out a small snicker, even though he had tried hard to hold in his laughter. Kyungsoo turned back towards Sehun, the suspicion growing in the air. 

 

"I used your spatula to scrap off the ice from my windshield..." 

 

A moment of awkward silence hung in the air, as the members glanced at each other, completely stunned. 

 

There was a small snicker, before the entire room had erupted into laughter once again. Leaving poor Kyungsoo to hang his mouth open, with his jaw touching the ground. 

 

Soon everyone was standing up, hugging each other still laughing hysterically. But hey, this was what family truly was. 

 

If you ever fall down, your friends would help you up. But it's only your best and close friends that would first laugh at you, then they'll help you up. After all, this is sometimes, the true meaning, how what friendship and family is. 

 

 

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Everybody! 

 


 

A/N: Done! A quick and quite belated, Christmas oneshot for you! Merry Christmas to everyone! And Happy Holidays! I know I know... I'm extremely late but hey... 

 

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! Best wishes to everybody! I wish you the best for the new and fresh start of 2014! 

 

-Sapphire <3