Soccer Complications

Soccer Complications
  Soccer Complications 

 

Sometimes, I wonder how I ended up with this label. They always mark me as the tomboy, which I don't understand. Just because I avoid all of those silly girlish things, such as wearing skirts or worrying about my hair and fashion. I mean seriously, just because of who I am, what I do, they all mark me as a tomboy. Just because I seem to have a tomboy nature to me or even love this sport, I just don't understand. 

 

It was just any ordinary day. Or not, you could say this was a special day if you want, seeing that today was the tryouts for the soccer team. It was no big deal to me personally, but seeing those jittery, trembling pre-teen boys, it was obviously the opposite to them. And yet they're all immature. 

 

But luckily for me, I landed myself with a relatively good group of friends, I suppose. And yet, they're all strange, and unique in their own way. And hey, I'm using the word 'unique' lightly here, because these 5 boys are probably far from ordinary. 

 

Dubu Onew, Bling-Bling Jonghyun, Almighty Key, Minho-ho-ho, and of course, Cray-cray Taemin. And then there's me, Lydia. I don't necessarily give myself a nickname, or else that would mean having to lower myself that level... Argh, it's scary just thinking about it. 

 

Now, just to continue, like I said, it was the day of the Soccer Tryouts. As usual, the immature-booger-picking boys, minus those crazy 5 friends of mine, were even more jittery and jumpy than the usual. And as soon as the bell rang, I swear a huge storm was just about to happen. In a flurry, the boys rushed off to the locker room, probably bulldozing over the entire hallway. God help those poor people that stand in their way. Literally. 

 

Sadly enough, our stinkin' school didn't have a girl's soccer team. Which meant that I would be attempting to try-out for the BOYS team. Yes, unfortantely for me. But there was nothing for me to be afraid of, since those idiots boys were all pretty horrible soccer players anyway. Excluding my 5 interesting friends of course. 

 

Out on the field, the same jumpy boys stood in a line. Actually no, scratch that, it wasn't even close to a line, a wonderful zig-zag ilne would be perfect to describe exactly what that horrid mess that stood before me. 

 

"Lydia! You came!" I hear a familiar voice come from behind me before I was rudely tackled to the ground. 

 

"Argh, Minho, get off of me," I grumble, shoving the boy's heavy frame off of mine. Grabing a hold to the hand outstretched towards me, "Thanks Jonghyun," I nod to the boy above me, who was grinning like a madman. 

 

"Do you think you'll make the team?" 

 

I shrugged, "I don't know, why don't you ask the coach yourself then?" I toss back at Onew. 

 

Onew narrowed his eyes at me, as if he were judging me. "What's with you today?" 

 

"Grumpy," I reply, "Thanks to someone who rudely decided to tackle me today," I send a glare at the certain person. 

 

Minho put up his hands up in surrender, "Alright, I'm sorry! Want to practice now?" 

 

I nod, my lips turning upwards in a smirk, "Let's go then jerks, we don't want to be late, do we?" 

 

I recieve a series of nods, then we head out towards mid-field. Running towards the large bag of soccer balls, Iquickly snatch one from right off the stack, drop-kicking it towards Taemin. Instantly, he had caught it, dribbling it quickly before passing the ball towards Minho. Skillfully, Jonghyun had jumped in front, blocking the pass, kicking the ball towards Key. But before the ball could even reach the boy, Onew had taken it, passing towards me. 

 

"Hey!" Key called out, "Which team are you on?" 

 

Onew chuckled, "My own!" 

 

I laugh before skillfully dribbling the ball around confused Jonghyun before passing the ball towards Minho. Easily catching the ball, the dribbled around Key and kicked the ball into the goal. 

 

"GOAL!!!" Taemin, Minho, and I screamed, whooping with excitement. Gathering together we hugged, jumping up and down while Jongkey had fumed. 

 

"Whatever," Key scoffed with a slight roll of his eyes, "Again," 

 

Jonghyun nodded, narrowing his eyes, "And this time, we'll win," 

 

Onew stood off to the side, feeling a bit awkward, "Uh... guys? Are you takin this a bit too seriously?" 

 

Jonghyun scoffed, "Of course not!" 

 

Now it was my turn to roll my eyes, "Psh, whatever you say guys. But it's gonna be..." I picked up the ball, tossing up in the air, "US!" I screamed, while kicking the ball. Using all my strength, th ball flew directly into the goal once again. 

 

"WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!" my team screamed, jumping up and down again.  

 

But completely oblvious to this, the ball had bounced off of the goalpost, rebounding and flying out towards Key. And once we had turned around to tease the others, Key had crouched on the ground, clutching his ankle, with his face twisted up in pain. 

 

"Hey Key? Are you ok?" I ran over to his side, bending down to sit next to him, "Did you twist your ankle?" I ask cautiously, glancing over at his hands, which were held carefully over his foot. 

 

Key looked up to me, his eyes brimmed with tears, "No." 

 

"Are you injured?" 

 

"No." 

 

I tilt my head, giving him a suspicious look, "Are you injured?"

 

He nodded his head weakly, bitting his lip in order to hold back his tears. 

 

"Then what happened?" 

 

Then he broke. The tears flowing freely down his face, "I broke a nail!" he bawled out, throwing out his hand towards me. 

 

I slap my hand on my forehead, groaning, "Oh god Key, you had me worried there." 

 

Taemin ran over, "What's wrong?" 

 

"I broke a nail!" 

 

Taemin broke out in laughter, rolling on the ground. Soon, Minho had joined him, the duo rolling across the field with hysterical laughter. 

 

Soon, Onew and Jonghyun had joined us as well. "Hey Key, are you okay?" 

 

"He's fine, he just broke a nail, that's all." I answered, crossing my arms defiantly over my chest. 

 

The two held in their laughs, trying their best to suppress their laughter, "Uh, it's o-okay K-key, i-it happens!" before the two were rolling on the ground as well. 

 

"Oh Key, you're such a diva." I sigh, watching the 4 crazy boys roll across the grass. 

 

 

 

And sometimes, I wonder who's the real girl, the true diva, on these fields. 

 


 

A/N: Done! And that my friends, is one very y and terrible oneshot that I finished in less than a hour. Har har, alright I kid, this is decent, but not the best, right? Just leave me a comment about what you think! :D I have to hear your thoughts and feedback people! 

Many Thanks, Sapphire. <3