Flower Shop

Flower Shop

Everyday, Taemin got off of work at 5 pm. He would walk home, admiring the world around him. And everyday, he would stop by a small flower shop, looking at the flowers out on display. He would take a whif of the jasmine and smile, his favorite flower and aroma lightening up his day. But the best part of passing by that flower shop was getting to see the handsome man that worked there. The man was very masculine with a defined face and features.

"Surely he has to be gay," Taemin would say to himself. "Why would a straight man work here?"

He'd giggle and think about that man, smiling when he saw him greet a customer with a huge grin. Such a dazzling grin. 

Taemin would sometimes daydream about walking in there and just planting a big kiss on the guy. But that would surely end with a punch to the face. He sighed to himself, taking one last glance at the man behind the counter, and made his way home.

His day at home would be spent eating and thinking about the man some more.

"I think I'll buy some jasmine tomorrow, maybe make myself noticed." 

Taemin nodded to himself and finished up his bowl of ice cream, heading to bed early. He wanted the day to go by quickly so he could see that gorgeous man up close.

The following day, Taemin made sure he dressed nicely for work. When he got out, he practically almost ran to the shop. Slowing his pace once he got closer, he noticed there weren't any jasmine pots out on display. He pouted and walked inside.

"Welcome!" 

Taemin turned to see the man of his dreams greeting him.

"H-hello," Taemin responded shyly, blushing a bit. He turned back around and walked around the tiny shop, looking for his favorite flowers.

"I noticed you always stop to smell the jasmine, they're my favorite too," the man said while following Taemin.

"O-oh yes," Taemin said without looking back.

"I was hoping you'd come in some day, I always see you at the window. So I decided not to put the jasmine out in hopes of you coming in. You're very lovely."

Taemin blushed more noticably this time and turned to face him. "You did?"

"I did." He smiled that dazzling smile again. "My name is Jonghyun, what's yours?"

"T-Taemin."

"Well Taemin, I have already purchased a bouquet of jasmine for you." He smiled, "And I was hoping you'd allow me to take you out on a date."

Taemin's eyes grew twice their size as he stared into Jonghyun's eyes, searching for any hint of teasing. 

"I'd like that," he smiled. He stared at Jonghyun's lips and brought up all the courage he could to live out his little fantasy. He shut his eyes but instead of a rough kiss, gave Jonghyun a soft, gentle kiss.

Jonghyun was taken aback, but smiled.

"The only reason I stop by is to sneak a peek at you," Taemin blushed. "And I really wanted to do that."

"Well I'm glad you did, because I've wanted to do that since the first time I saw you stop by and smell the flowers. You looked so peaceful, so beautiful."

Taemin giggled and smiled at Jonghyun.

"Such a cute laugh," Jonghyun smiled. "Follow me please~"

Taemin complied and followed the man to the counter where a huge bouquet of jasmine flowers was set. 

"These are for you, there's a card in there...somewhere, and my number is on it. We can set the time and place for the date later," Jonghyun smiled. 

"These are beautiful," Taemin gazed at the flowers. "Thank you."

"We could also meet here in an hour, you already look great but maybe you can go home and set those in some water? I get out soon."

"Sounds great," Taemin giggled again. He looked at Jonghyun and took the flowers in his arms. He leaned in and pecked Jonghyun on the cheek. "See you soon." He waved and walked out the door.

Once he was out, he felt his heart beat going crazy. "Wow," was all he could manage to say. He quickly pinched his arm to make sure it wasn't a dream, smiling when it wasn't, and walked home quickly.

He brought the bouquet closer to his nose, smelling his favorite smell. "After so many months of just stopping to smell you, I got myself a date," he whispered to himself. "Who would have thought?"

And the hour passed quickly, the two eagerly meeting up and walking around and picking a random place to eat. Taemin smiling to himself when Jonghyun held his hand. Jonghyun smiling when Taemin clung onto his arm when a breeze came by.

And really, who would have thought one could find love at a flower shop?

 

--

Jongtae is becoming my 2nd otp and I just really wanted something cute and quick. 

I hope you like it! The prompt was found on that shinee generator thingy I saw someone use~

Enjoy <3

-moe