Final.

That One Night

 

 



 

"Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~" I screamed as I came face to face with half-, obviously fresh from the shower Lee Jinki, the nerdy twin brother of my long-time crush, Lee Onew.

 

 

I took a peek of myself under the sheets that covered me and gasped as I saw that I was and covered with marks all over my chest. I remembered being at a party hosted by Taemin, their cousin, last night getting drunk and dancing all night on the dance floor. I even remember kissing Onew last night. Or was it really Onew?

 

 



 

* The Day Before *
 

 

 


 

I'm busy getting ready for Taemin's party tonight. Being a fashion student, I really have a reputation and image to uphold. And I need to impress a certain Lee Onew tonight. I know I just have to make him mine.

 

 

I remember my first day in college when I got lost and don't know where to go since the school is so damn big. That's when someone came and saved me. I fell for him that faithful day where the spring is at its peak and the rays of sunlight just made him look more angelic. Few days after, I learned that his name is Lee Onew. And he has an older twin brother named Lee Jinki.

 

 

They were pretty polar opposites to say at least. Onew was the handsome outgoing type and Jinki was the cute nerdy one. I rarely see them together at school since Onew has his own set of friends namely Kim Jonghyun and Choi Minho. You could call them the famous bunch. And Jinki, well I guess he's fine by himself reading some books on that corner table in the library.

 

 

Back to the present, it's already 7 and the party starts at 8. I took a peek at my outfit tonight and smiled in success. Baby pink skinny jeans, the white top Taemin got for me on my birthday, high-top sneakers and some accessories really did not fail me. I just hope it's enough to seduce (?) Onew. Kekekeke.

 

 

I left my apartment at around 7:45 since the venue was just a few blocks from mine. I'm impressed by the number of people present tonight. Which was a lot than last time. I wonder if Onew was here already.

 

 

"Key hyung! You're here!" Taemin shouted from across the room, snapping me back to my thoughts.

 

I walked towards him and smiled. "Of course. It's my baby's party. Why would I miss it?" I scanned the room, looking for someone.

 

"If you're looking for Onew hyung, he's not yet here. He already texted me that he'll be late though." Taemin was the only one who knew my crush. And he helped me in talking to him sometimes.

 

"Oh. I'll just go over there and have some drinks, ne? Be right back, baby." I said. Making my way towards the bar, I came across a few acquaintances, giving them a small smile or a short hello.

 

 

I took a seat and ordered a glass of punch since I could easily get drunk. A few minutes more, the crowd went wild when the strikingly handsome Onew entered the room and attracted all the attention. He's not alone though. Jinki, dressed in an outfit pretty similar to Onew's, traded his specs for a pair of contact lenses, was seen. In a way, at first glace I would think that he is Onew.

 

 

Onew and Jinki were kinda inseparable, I guess. Throughout the night, Jinki just keeps on following Onew and I knew that I couldn't execute my plan right now. So I just busied myself in drinking, never really thinking that I will totally be wasted by the end of the night.

 

 

While I'm drunk, I danced and danced all night. And that's when I got a hold of Onew, who seemed pretty drunk himself, sitting by the corner. He was lonely for sure so I dragged him to the dance floor and initiated the dance. He seemed pretty hesitant in touching me at first but eventually did as I guided his hands by my waist.

 

 

A few more songs and I had enough. This dancing cannot help me. I have to make the first move. As we slow danced, I leaned in towards him.

 

 

"Mind to take this on a private room?" I whispered ily and I saw him gulp.

 

"W-wha -" I wasn't gonna have any of this so I silenced him with a kiss and dragged him towards the exit, calling a cab and making our way towards my apartment.

 

 

Fortunately, we did made it to the bed by the time all of our clothes are off. This is it. I'm gonna make him mine.

 

 

You could say the rest was history.
 

 

 


 

* Present Time *
 

 

 


 

I clearly remembered last night. That's when it hit me. The hesitations I felt when he touched me and the reason why he was alone in the corner last night was because he wasn't Onew. But it was Jinki whom I dragged all the way from the bar to here and lost my ity to. I guess I'm a murderer at my past life to be punished like this.

 

 

"I'm sorry, Jinki. I th-thought it w-was...."

 

"Onew, right?" He finished my sentence and I noticed a hint of sadness in his tone.

 

"You know what? Let's just forget about this. What happened is just between us. Let's just bury them and not mention them anymore." I said and I stood up, only to sit back on the bed. I'm sore down there because of what happened.

 

"Do you need help? I could -" I cut him off with a glare and he visibly stiffen.

 

"I could do this by myself." I said and finally stood straightly. Limping towards the bathroom was such a difficult task to do, but this were the consequences of my mistake.

 

 

When I got out of the bath, he was no longer there. He left a just left a note saying he was sorry. He left just like that. Like nothing happened. But it was for the best.
 

 

 


 

I never saw him for two weeks after that. And when he came back, it was like nothing happened. He's still there by the corner table on the library, obviously studying for the finals. He looked up as I walk pass him and ignored me. Like I was nobody.

 

 

I was lying if I say I didn't mind. I was a bit sad to be honest. But what would I expect? I was the one who said to forget about everything. Why was I feeling this way? I took a sit a couple of tables away from him and started to distract myself into reading. That's when Onew suddenly appeared.

 

 

"Kibum ah! Mind to hang out sometime?" Onew asked me out of the blue. Did I hear it, right?

 

"N-ne?" I stuttered and he took a sit opposite to mine.

 

"I asked if you want to hang out sometime." He said and flashed one of his eyesmiles.

 

"Of course!" I said a little bit enthusiastic and he laughed.

 

He ruffled my hair and said, "Okay. Meet me at the gates after class, ne? I'll be waiting."

 

"Okay." He once again smiled and left.

 

 

I met him by the gates after class. And the 'hang-out' he said turned to be one of the best hang-outs in my life. It's like a date. Well, technically since he acted like a gentle boyfriend to me.

 

 



 

We began to hang out frequently after that. I loved everytime we were together. But I couldn't ignore the guilty feeling I get. Everytime I look in his face, all I could see was Jinki's dejected face when I told him to forget it all. And it was eating my conscience alive.

 

 

I walked aimlessly in the campus as I think over a few things. My schedules are free but I don't want to leave or go home. Something's making me stay and I couldn't point it out. I bumped into someone, sending my manuals flying all over. I looked up and saw Jinki, with his glasses and all mumbling sorry over and over again.

 

 

"Jinki." I said and he just stayed there, waiting for what I have to say. "I'm sorry. Really. I was drunk. I couldn't...No. I should've controlled my actions."

 

I look downwards and he continues to pick up the manuals on the floor. "I'm sorry too. I should've stopped you. I should've not come with Onew from the start, dress like him and be mistaken as him."

 

All this time, Jinki was blaming himself. I just know it. "Don't blame yourself. I know we're both drunk." I took the papers from his hand and smiled. "Friends?"

 

"Yeah. Friends." He said and smiled. If I must say, his smiles were more beautiful than Onew's. It gives off a cute and happy vibe.

 

 

The day ended with Jinki and I hanging out just like Onew and I did. A trip to the amusement park, playing and eating cotton candies like 8 year olds. This was a lot different than with Onew. I could really enjoyed it. Unlike the usually awkward and silent hang-outs with his twin. I've never been this happy with someone before.

 

 

Dugeun dugeun dugeun. What is this? I thought as I opened the door to my apartment. I placed my hand on my chest, feeling the fast beat of my heart. Why?
 

 

 


 

Taemin must have noticed that I began to space out after I hang out with Jinki a few days before. I just stare at a space and think over the things that happened for the past month. The mistake night with Jinki, hanging out with Onew, to the weird feelings I got when I hang out with Jinki. Everything's frustrating!

 

 

"Hyungieeeeeeee~ You're spacing out again. Is what I'm talking about really that boring?" He asks and pouted.

 

"I'm sorry, Taemin. I'm just thinking over - hmmp." I covered my mouth in an instant and ran towards the bathroom, vomitting every piece of food I've eaten for today.

 

He followed me and rubs my back. "Gosh. What a waste. What did you eat today, hyung?"

 

I contemplated for a second before saying, "Pabo! We've been together for the whole day and I ate what you ate." I washed my mouth, getting rid of the sour taste lingering in it.

 

He suddenly smiled wickedly. "Are you pregnant, hyung?" He wiggles his eyebrows in an annoying way. "Speaking of which, the party I hosted was a month and a half ago, right? And you did have some with my cousin."

 

"Taemin...about that. It wasn't Onew." I said, nervous of what he would react.

 

"What?! Don't you freaking say to me that it was that Dinosaur who looks like a Puppy!" He said.

 

"No. It was......" I couldn't bear to hold this any longer.

 

"It was?" He asked, wanting to know the answer.

 

I had to tell someone. ".......Jinki."

 

"WHAT THE ARE YOU THINKING, HYUNG?! HE'S MY PURE COUSIN. AND I THOUGHT IT WAS ONEW YOU WANTED?! HE WAS - OH GOD. It was when he dressed like Onew and you mistook him for his twin? " He's outraged. Of course. Who wouldn't be when I deflowered his pure cousin.

 

"I'm sorry, Taemin."

 

 

I told Taemin everything. My mistake. It feels a little good letting it out. But I couldn't really blame Taemin when he said something. It's all my fault, I know. If only I wasn't a trying to get laid by his crush. Good thing was Taemin never left my side.
 

 

 


 

I go on with my life. But Taemin begins to notice a few changes in me. Like I was looking paler by the day. And the constant trips to the bathroom to vomit all the contents of my stomach isn't doing any help to erase what Taemin thought. That I was pregnant. 

 

 

I know he was being delusional. Me? Pregnant? Oh come on. I know I'm gay but males are never meant to carry a baby. Like never.

 

 

"Hyung. It wouldn't hurt to try. I even bought you a Pregnancy test already. Come on." Taemin said shoving me to the bathroom and giving me the kit.

 

I can't believe I'm doing this. But if this is what Taemin wants to prove him wrong, I'll do it. "Okay okay. No need to be so pushy."

 

 

So, I read the instructions and learned that all I need was to pee and drop a few on the stick. Easy as pie, I guess. I did all I needed to do and went out of the bathroom. Settling the tester on the counter and wait for 10 minutes for the results to be shown.

 

 

The next 10 minutes were really nerve-wrecking. From Taemin's what-ifs to the constant shivering I get. Okay, this wasn't easy as pie as I thought. And before I knew it the 10 minutes was up.

 

 

I closed my eyes and let Taemin take a peek first. Being curious because of his sudden silence, I took a peek as well. 2 lines were seen. Positive. I don't know what to do. I'm a male and pregnant. I looked over Taemin and he just handed me a phone, like saying 'Talk to Jinki-hyung.'

 

 

I shook my head and tell him that I'll go to the doctor's first before talking to him to confirm things. And just as the supportive friend he was, he agreed.


 

 

 

Why does the world seem to be unfair? I thought as I drag my feet towards the nearest park bench I could sit on. I let a few tears as I remembered what happened in the last hour.

 

 

"Mr. Kim Kibum? I will have to ask you a few questions." Dr. Park said as she took a seat in her table. Results of my examination finally in her hands.

 

"Yes, of course. What does it show doctor?" I asked.

 

"Are you ually active?" She asked, looking straight to my eyes.

 

"I've only been with one and it just happened one time." I honestly admitted. No need to hide anything now.

 

"You see, Mr. Kim. The results show that you are indeed pregnant. Just like you assume. 2 months to be exact." She finally stated. And I feel faint from the announcement.

 

"Wh-what? How did that happen?" I can't believe the words I just heard.

 

"You were an inter, Mr. Kim. Means you also have the characteristics of the female reproductive resulting to your pregnancy." She started explaining my condition. But I was too shocked to let it sink in on my mind.

 

 

But I only had one answer to her last question. If I was willing to keep it.
 

 


 

 

It's been 3 days since I confirmed I was pregnant. It was pretty rare to be a male pregnant. Pretty risky too. But I would keep it. Since it was from my mistake, I'll keep this child. I would not kill someone who is innocent. I still have my morals. And it's my future son or daughter we're talking about here.

 

 

I was walking with Onew to my last period for the day, just like how we were everyday after we hang-out for the first time. I was fidgeting the whole way towards the classroom. How can I tell him?

 

 

"Kibum! Can I talk to you for a sec?" Onew asked as he turned towards me.

 

I nodded and let him talk. "I was thinking about....asking you out on a real date." He said.

 

I was too shocked to say a word. But I know I shouldn't. "Sorry, Onew. But I couldn't." I said.

 

 

He looked dejected just like Jinki that night. Way to go, Kim Kibum. You just made the twins feel sad because of you.

 

 

"Oh. May I ask why?" He asks.

 

I felt tears water my eyes. "I'm sorry. But I'd like to keep it to myself." I turned away from him and starts to walk away.

 

 

I feel unusually fine as I rejected my long awaited request from Onew. Like I was never even in love with him from the start. Maybe it was just a silly infatuation that I got over with. I have to be mature about this things since I'm gonna be a future umma. All this time, I was thinking about Jinki and how should I tell him. I feel guilty doing this to the both of them.

 

 

I suddenly feel light headed. My vision became blurry and I staggered in walking. A few more steps and I hear someone shout my name but I was too weak to turn around and fell into someone's arms.
 

 

 


 

I woke up into a plain white room that smells disinfectant all over. It was dimly lit so I easily got used to it as I opened my eyes. An IV drip inserted on my arm and I was changed into the hospital's patient clothes. 

 

 

I hate hospitals. It just makes me feel more sick being in here. I laid back again only to be startled by another presence in the room. I didn't even noticed that someone was there until he cleared his throat.

 

 

"You didn't tell me, Kibum." I easily recognized this voice. So he was the one who brought me here.

 

"What are you talking about?" I faked cluelessness.

 

He scoffed and said, "You know what I'm talking about."

 

"It's not worth telling, Jinki." I said.

 

"But Kibum! It's also my child growing in you." He snapped and I just sat there shocked. Jinki, who was always gentle and carefree, was angry. At me.

 

I sat up and looked at him. "I was...I-I.." I never got to finish what I had to say.

 

"What if I never got to you on time, huh? What if someone got to you first? Would you even plan on telling me?" I just sat there staring at my hands, biting my lips.

 

"I was shocked after the doctor told me. You were 2 months pregnant, Kibum. You should've told me the moment you knew." He says, clearly disappointed by me.

 

"Jinki, I'm just gonna ruin your future. It's my fault so I have to face the consequences." I couldn't drag him into the mess I made. I fiddled my fingers, clearly showing that I was nervous.

 

He took my hand and held it tightly. "No one's at fault, Kibum. Our baby is not a mistake. And we're gonna get through this." He hugged me tightly and I felt myself melt in his embrace.

 

I smiled at his words. There's no I or you in this. There's always we. "But Jinki....I'm scared." I finally let out the tears I held in since I knew my condition. I hugged him back, tighter than I expected.

 

"Sssh. I'm here, ne? I'll never leave you and our baby." He began to rub circles at my back and my cries turned into soft sobs.

 

"Thank you, Jinki. I promise I'm gonna be the best Umma to our baby." He laid me back on the hospital bed and tucked me in.

 

"Then I'm gonna be the best Appa there ever is." I chuckled at his words. I could feel he really meant those words. "Now sleep. You and our baby needs rest. I'll be here when you wake up."

 

He kissed my forehead and I could feel that I am close to sleep. But I couldn't miss that silent "I love you, Kibum."

 

 

Just wait, Jinki. I'm starting to love you too.

 

 



 

Things get a little bit better after that. We told our parents, with the help of Taemin, and they eventually come to the decision to just go on with it. They never forced us to get married. They said IF we want to. But Jinki never asked my opinion so I just kept quiet about the said topic.

 

 

The news never get to the school which made me sigh in relief. I had to stop and focus on my pregnancy. And I easily made up a lie that I'll be transferring back to my hometown in Daegu. They never questioned me once. 

 

 

The bad thing was I had to live with Jinki in his house. It's pretty awkward to say at least. Why? Because I'm loving in the same roof as my ex-crush who just asked me out a week ago. He never asked how it happened though. Which made me feel relief. He also treated me warmly like a new family member. I could say I am happy with things the way they are right now.

 

 

Jinki and I shared room, but never the same bed. He'll always be a gentleman and let me sleep on his bed while he sleep at the floor. He never complains. And he'll always be up with hearing just bit sound from me and will always comply to my cravings. He even experienced my mood swings and I'm amazed he didn't even left me.

 

 

"Kibum." His mother and I sat on the family's lounge room for our daily tea talk. I was 5 months along the pregnancy.

 

"Ne, eomeoni?" I asked. Yes, I call her eomeoni since she told me so. I couldn't reject such a kind lady.

 

"You know since Jinki's 2nd year at college started, he always talks about this one guy." She said and took a sip of her tea.

 

I just nodded and asked her to tell me more about this guy. "He said that that guy was the most pretty person he ever saw. And he even got a chance to talk to him, saving him from getting lost. He fell for that person at first sight."

 

Oh. Just like how Onew saved me from my dreaded first day. Is that a twin thing? "Eh? That was pretty similar from my experience." I chuckled and eomeoni looked at me, confused.

 

"Why is it so?" She asked and I told her that ridiculous story. She just listened intently and let me talk until every bit of details (except for the fact I had a crush on Onew that day) was spilled.

 

She just laughed at the end of the story and I feel my cheeks turned red. "You want to know something, Kibum?" She asks and I subconciously nod.

 

"Onew was always absent every first day of school."
 

 

 


 

So it was Jinki. The one who saved me. The one I actually fell for. I was just blinded by my infatuation to think that it was Onew. That's why the feelings that I have for Onew vanished like thin air with just one hang-out with Jinki. And why I have these weird feelings towards the latter.

 

 

"Jinki." I called him and he walked towards me.

 

"Why? Does it hurt somewhere? You need something? Tell me." I inwardly smile at his concern to me. But all of this has to wait until I hear what he has to say.

 

"I want to ask you something." He took a sit beside me and nodded.

 

"Is it true that Onew was never present in the first day of school?" I hesitantly asked.

 

"Yeah. First days are never his thing, I guess. Why?" I feel myself smile at his answer.

 

"So it was you who guided me to the right way on the first day of school 2 years ago?" He was taken aback by my question but suddenly held my hand.

 

"How did you know?" I loved the warmth he provide by the way he held my hand. Comforting.

 

"Eomeoni told me a while ago. All this time I thought it was Onew." I said, chuckling afterwards.

 

"Yeah. My specs were broken the day before and I was forced to use lenses. Many of the students did mistook me as Onew." We laughed at what he said. "Did Umma told you other things?"

 

I entwined our fingers and said, "Nothing more except for the fact that you couldn't stop talking about me and fell for me, I guess?" I teasingly said the words, causing him to blush red.

 

"Oh. That." He replied.

 

I pecked his cheeks. "Yeah. But the funny thing is, I kinda fell for you that day too." He looks surprised and hugged me.

 

 

Things got so much better that time. The one who I actually fell for, fell for me too.


 

 

 

I'm already 9 months pregnant right now. And I was currently on labor. Yeah. On labor. Which means our baby boy is gonna be out very soon. Our baby Yoogeun. But being in labor means being in a lot of pain. More painful than my first time with Jinki.

 

 

"Oh God! It.....hurts." I said, trails of sweat continously flow from my forehead. My face scrunched up from pain from an hour of being in labor.

 

Jinki held my hand as he whispered encouraging words. "One more push, hmm? Our baby Yoogeun is almost out." He softly said to me as his thumb carress my trembling hands.

 

I forced myself to push more. This was for us, for our family. "One more, Kibum. Yoogeun's almost out." Jinki kisses my forehead.

 

A few minutes more, a cry was heard and I knew I did it. "Good job, Bummie. I love you." His soft whisper was the last thing I heard after I fell asleep.

 

 

I love you too, Jinki.


 

Baby Yoogeunie from got the mixture of the both of us. Chubby cheeks obviously from Jinki. And the heart shaped lips obviously from me. He was born healthy and I have never seen such a cute and angelic baby. Of course, he got it from his angel-faced Appa.

 

 

I smiled as I took Yoogeun into my arms and looked over to Jinki who had a huge smile on his face. What a nice family we have. Our parents, Onew and Taemin were present. And they all have this awed look on their faces as they stare at us. All I could say was I am definitely happy right now.

 

 

"Awwwww. Our grandchild looks so adorable, don't you think Yeobo?" Eomeoni asks and my parents and Abeoji could only nod and smile in return.

 

"You've got to make me a godfather, hyung! I'm sure Minho hyung would be very happy about the news." Taemin said excitedly over the mention of his boyfriend for 6 months.

 

"Of course, Taemin. Haha. You helped me a lot." I said as I cooed the adorable sleeping Yoogeun in my arms.

 

"Yah yah! Lee Jinki and Kim Kibum. What about me?" Onew asked, arms crossed on his chest.

 

Jinki and I laughed at Onew's childish attitude. "We wouldn't forget about you, dongsaeng." Jinki smiled and I could never ask for a precious sight.


 

 

 

"You may now kiss the bride." The officiator said and we faced one another, the crowd applausing at the success of our union. I smiled as he leaned in and captured my lips.

 

 

The crowd awed and we both pulled back, blushes evident in our face. We were now proud parents to our one year old son. Jinki and I actually got engaged after we both confessed our feelings and got together for real.

 

 

"Jagi. I have never been this happy my whole life." I whispered to him as we watched the guests dance in the center.

 

He smiled and entwines our fingers. "Neither am I."

 

"Looks like the newly weds are having fun by theirselves. But may I call for the bride. The bouquet needs to be thrown to determine the next bride within these ladies." The MC announced and I laughed as I walked towards the center, the lovely flowers in my hands.

 

 

Hana. Dul. Set. I threw the flowers and turned around to see who caught it. And to my surprise, my friend, Gwiboon from Daegu was the one who did.

 

 

"Awwww. Congrats, Boonie. Onew's one lucky guy." Oh. I forgot to mention. Onew and Gwiboon are dating. With my help, of course.

 

She instantly blushed and Onew came to her side, just like Jinki who went to mine. "Aigoo. Onew yah. You and I had the same taste, don't you think? Gwiboon looks pretty similar with my Bummie." Jinki laughed.

 

"You didn't know? If only Kibum isn't yours, I would've dated him. I asked him out one time but he rejected." Onew striked back.

 

Jinki instantly wrapped his arms around me and stuck his tongue out. "Sorry, dongsaeng. But I got into him first."

 

"Yeah, hyung. Literally." Onew and Gwiboon walked away laughing, leaving me and an obviously annoyed Jinki.

 

"Awwww, hyung. Don't worry. You got me." I said and kissed him fully on the lips, not giving a damn about the crowd around us.