Will This Work?

Will This Work?

3rd Person POV

It was a cold December. A little bit towards the ending of a marvelous year for the life of Oh Sehun as a part of EXO. To celebrate the ending of the year, he was going to confess.

Yes, confess. To a special friend he’s been madly in love with, his childhood friend, Kwon Raewoo. He used to as she was a short and petite girl compared to his tall figure. But he fell for her anyway. Her charms, her laugh, even her lisp for words with the letter “R” inside it. He has a lisp too, and everyone knew that, even Raewoo. They often tease each other because of it.

He loves him like she loves his TVXQ hyungs, and believe me, she loves them A LOT. But she was too blinded with their “best friend” title to realize his feelings. He tried to give her hints, like when she was sick, he was there to pamper her till she gets better. Or when she was sad, he would take her out for his favorite bubble tea and entertain her with everything he has. One time, she was really sad all she can do was cry, and he instinctively wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into a tight, comforting hug and let her stain his favorite shirt that even his best friend, Jongin, or even the other members couldn’t touch. That shows how much he loves her. She knew it was his favorite shirt, cause she favorite that shirt too.

It was the end of December, 30th to be exact. He wanted to search for the perfect place to confess by looking at her expressions. He already picked a few places that have a firework show for new year.

He sent a text to her last night in hope for her empty schedule. She’s EXO’s personal fashion counselor after all, and she helps a lot with their coordi noona for their “Wolf” and “Growl” outfit. The concept and outfit for “Growl” really took him aback, cause she picked the perfect outfit that looks like it only made just for him. It sends butterflies to his stomach, but he wouldn’t care less. He loves her anyway.

Hey Rae, you have a schedule tomorrow? –Gwiyeomi Sehun”

He knew Raewoo was always on her phone, in case she was needed for another outfit control.

Hey Sehuna, I’m free tomorrow, what’s up? And you should call me noona you kno, I’m older than you -____- you handsome maknae. Lucky youre handsome or else I’ll kick you like how I kick Jongin. –Awesome Rae”

“Ugh this girl is as violent as aegi really,” he said as he flashbacked her kick to Jongin. Aegi was the EXO’s pet name for Jongin’s girlfriend who really acts like a baby. She gets upset easily, and swayed by vanilla ice cream as fast as she gets upset.

Not wanting to get kicked, he replied as fast as he could.

I wanna ask you out to see a place. I’m doing something special for new year ^^ mind helping me? –The Ultimate Awesome Sehun”

“Oh my god did I just text that? What if she finds out? I hope not,” he said as he kinda regret saying that to her.

Are you going to confess to someone?! Oh god you finally have that special someone! Turns out you’re not going to be a forever-single guy after all ^^ okay so what time tomorrow? –The Still-more-awesome-than-you Raewoo”

“ this girl really like getting on my nerves, aren’t you Rae? If only you know you’re the one whom I’m going to confess to.”

Alright, I’ll pick you up at 8 am okay? I know you’re already awake at that time, so be prepared! And please, I’m so awesome I can easily get girls. It’s just that I haven’t found someone special yet. Oh, correction, I HAVE! So I’ll be waiting~ 뿌잉 !

Yah! Don’t you go all cutie on me! And how did you know I already wake up at that time? Are you some kind of stalker? –Confused Rae”

Sehun chuckles at the last text he received from Raewoo. Of course I know about that, Rae. I’m in love with you. These were the very standard and basic knowledge about you.

 

Tomorrow morning, Sehun woke up at 6 cause he’s too excited. That, and he asked for help from one of his trusted girl friend, Kim Nana, the proud girlfriend of Kim Jongin.

“Sehunaaaaaa! You decided on confessing to Rae? Finally! I thought you’re going to be an old alone nagging grandpa here,” Nana came barging in and immediately planted a pout on Jongin’s face, cause she practically hugging him close, and he didn’t like it.

“Yah yah yah, aegi, can’t you see Jongin’s burning holes around my body because of your hugs? And yeah, I’m confessing to Raewoo. I hope it’s alright with you, since Rae is your best friend,” Sehun answered as he chuckles.

“Oh come on, Jongin’s a possessive boy, what do you expect? He even got jealous cause I get to hug and play with his poodles and toy poodle instead of him. I think he’s trying to change into a poodle just to get near my neck,” she answered slyly while looking at Jongin teasingly.

“Now now, don’t push yourself jagi. You know what I’m capable of. You want me to do “Christmas Day” suspender choreography in front of you again? I got Sehun with me here,” Jongin said with a trademark smirk of his.

“Who said I wanna do it with you? I have to be nice with aegi here or my plan will be ruined cause she’ll surely blurted things out to Rae, and I can’t afford things like that to happen.”

“Hey so you go all mister-goodie-two-shoes on me now? What a joke,” she said as she immediately pouts and cross her arms in front of her.

“Aigooo alright alright, I’ll buy you ice cream okay? I’ll buy you the big one.”

“Yayy! Thank you, Sehuna. You’re the best and I’m praying for the best of luck with Rae!,” she said excitedly as she hugs him, earning another cute pout on Jongin’s face.

“Oh Sehuna, you should go get ready, it’s almost 6.30 am. I brought the things you ask me to bring here. Where are you going to take Raewoo anyway? It’s winter, are you sure about the beach?” she said as she looked at the things she brought inside a box.

Sehun asked her to bring blankets, jackets, and plaid cloth to sit on. It’s like they’re going to watch the sakura leaves fall.

“I’m sure aegi-yah. Besides, we’re not the only ones there. There will be lots of people too, and I have jacket to warm her up as well,” Sehun said assuring as he gets up and rechecks everything Nana brought.

“Well it’s everything, thank you so much for helping me aegi. I owe you big time, no matter how this will end.”

“Eeeeyyy no worries Sehuna, you only owe me that ice cream, and I’m sure Rae feels the same way about you. Don’t worry okay?” she said as she patted his shoulder and ruffles his hair, earning a kid-like pout from Sehun.

“You’re not suppose to ruffle my hair you know. I’m older than you.”

“Well I dated your hyung, and I think I’ll marry him in the future, so I’m basically your older in-laws,” she said while grinning, making Jongin’s jaw drops and Sehun chuckles.

“Okay okay. I need to get ready. Will you be okay with hyung if I leave you? You can use my apartment here if you want,” he said while walking to his bathroom with towel dangling on his shoulder.

“No that’s okay, we’ll be fine. Besides, I have to drive her to have some afternoon tea. She’s been craving for English Breakfast since 2 days ago,” Jongin said as he bid goodbye with Sehun.

 

 

Raewoo’s POV

“Eomma, I’m going out with Sehun at 8 okay? I don’t know when I’ll be back, so don’t wait for me!”

“With Sehun again? Seriously sweetheart, I think you should date him. He’s such a nice kid, and you’ve known him for years. Why don’t you give it a try?”

“I would, if there’s no friendship is on the line. If I dated him, and we were breaking up, I can’t be best friends with him anymore. I don’t want to ruin our relationship and—“, suddenly my mom stopped my words.

“You’re just afraid, Rae. Just try! It won’t do any harm!”

“But… what if he doesn’t like me back? What if he thinks I’m weird for liking, no loving, her own best friend? Would it be awkward for both of us?” I finally told my mom about my concerns.

“Oh you Kwon Raewoo… He wouldn’t. Trust me on this, okay? Now go, Sehun’s waiting outside,” my mom said as they heard the car honk outside. I sighed as I fixed myself once more before facing my love one and bid goodbye to her mom.

 

3rd person POV

Sehun, on the other hand, his nervousness instantly washed away as he saw Raewoo walk down towards him with a simple and casual shirt, jeans, heels and leather jacket, while Sehun was in his sneakers, jeans, shirt and also a leather jacket.

When Raewoo looked up at Sehun, she was beyond mesmerized. Of all days, why do you have to be so handsome today Sehuna? Ugh, you’re making my heart race. Gosh, why do I have to like you? Why can’t I like Jongin instead, or Yixing? Wait if I like Jongin then I’ll be mean to Nana… But god, Oh Sehun, you’re making me fell for you more…

- so what do you think, Rae?”

“E-eh? What do I think about what?”

“Hhhh…. Kwon Raewoo, you’re so lost in thought, you’re not even listening what I said huh?” Sehun said as he shook his head in disagreement. He knew that Raewoo were not listening to him intently, but he didn’t know she blocked her ears as well.

“I’m sorry Sehuna, I…got distracted. What was it again?” Raewoo asked apologetically.

“I was telling you about our plan for today. Since its new years eve, why don’t we celebrate New Year’s Eve together? I know a perfect place to watch fireworks. What do you say?” he asked carefully, hoping that she’ll get excited at the mention of fireworks.

He really knew her like his back hand. She immediately perked up when she heard the word “firework” like a kid, and immediately hugged Sehun.

“Oh my god Sehun that’ll be great! You really know me too well~  but it’s still hours to go. Why did you pick me up at 8 am when the main attraction was at midnight, you babo,” she said as she playfully flicked his forehead.

“I don’t know, I just wanna spend more time with you, is that wrong?”

 

Raewoo’s POV

Oh god why does he have to be so blunt? Did he even know what I’m feeling? Wait…if he said that, means that he felt the same thing as I do right? Yah get a grip, Kwon Raewoo! He’s probably just bored and wants to spend time with his best friend…

Uh, Oh Sehun to Kwon Raewoo, hello? You’re dazing again…”

“O-oh I’m sorry… Just thought of something. Uhm, shall we go?” I asked awkwardly ash he shrugged and start up his engine.

 

We went to lots of places, and he bought me lots of things. We went to the arcade, then to the playground, we played in the amusement park, and by the time we finished, we were holding hands to our last place for the day.

It was already 11.30 pm, just 30 minutes left before new year, and my he really took me to a perfect place to watch fireworks : THE BEACH! Lots of people there, but not too much to make it crowded, it was just perfect. Like Sehun.

I giggled at my own thought without noticing Sehun’s pair of orbs watching me from the side. He tugged my hand to the back of his car and opened his car trunk to take some blankets and everything else. I noticed the familiar plaid cloth he brought.

“Isn’t that Nana’s plaid cloth?” I asked as I pointed to it.

“Yeah, why? I borrowed it just for today, since I don’t want you to sit on sand and ruined your jeans. I noticed it’s a new pair, right?” he asked as he flashed a smile to me. Oh Sehun you really are the best. How did you know it was a new pair?

“Cause I saw you bought it the other day at the mall while hanging out with your friends.”

“E-eh? D-did I say that out loud?”

“Loud enough for me to hear it silly,” he chuckles as he ruffles my hair. That simple touch left lingering on my head and sent warmth around my body. So this is what it feels like to really fell in love with someone.

 

Sehun’s POV

Did I hear just right? She said what’s in her mind out loud again… so she loves me? Nana was right. Damn I owe her a lot.

 

3rd Person POV

Soon, it was 5 minutes till midnight. Sehun and Raewoo were sitting on the cloth spread on the sand, sitting beside each other. Sehun fidgeted with his nose, and Raewoo, completely oblivious about his nervousness, suddenly remembered about Sehun’s text the night before.

 

Raewoo’s POV

“Ah, Sehuna, I was wondering about it since this morning. You should be with that girl whom you’re going to confess right? You said you’re doing something special for her… Why are you here with me? You suppose to go to her and confess. People said new year’s kiss works.” It hurts Sehuna. Please don’t go. Don’t go to her, to whoever she is, wherever she is. Please….

“Then…” he looked at his watch as the people around him started to countdown the seconds. They both could loudly hear the counting. 5… 4… 3… 2… “Would this work?” he said as he tugged her hand a little and planted a sweet kiss on her lips. Their kiss marked the change of year. He pours all of his feelings for her in that one kiss he shared very early in the year.

He pulled back and placed his forehead on hers, “I love you, Kwon Raewoo. I really do. I’ve known you like the back of my hand. I know about your favorites and what not. I know your ups and downs with your exes, but every time you turned to me and cried, it hurt my heart. I should’ve saved you from that pain but I couldn’t. I’m afraid I’ll risk our friendship if you don’t like me back that time. But now, I don’t even care about our friendship. It won’t be affected by my confession. I love your laugh, your lisp, even your height. I love everything about you. Will you be my girlfriend, noona?”

There. I said it. i even called her noona. Please let her have the same feeling as I do…

“Can I ask you something, Sehuna?” she asked as she pulls back a little, but still close to him.

“Anything.”

“When did you start liking me?”

“Probably since the last 4 months. Why?” he answered confusedly.

Suddenly, she pecked his thin pair of lips and smiled cheekily, “Well too bad, cause I liked you since 7 months ago, and now you have to call me noona until we’re married and have children and grandkids!”

He laughs wholeheartedly when he heard those words, cause hell he’ll marry her and do just that. “You sure? I won’t be calling you noona when we’re married though. I’ll be calling you Rae-umma, so our kids will learn how to call their mommy,” he said as he circled his arms around her and made her sat in front of him.

He suddenly whispers teasingly, “Should we start making one right now?”

“OH SEHUN YOU’LL DIE IN MY HANDS TONIGHT!” she said furiously while blushing like a boiled crab.

“Oooooh feisty huh? I don’t know you have this side in you,” he said while smirking at her teasingly.

“Yeah, and you don’t know my assassin side yet,” she said in a deadly voice.