[Kris/Lay] 愛 (Ài)

EXO Drabbles~!

400 words; tumblr mirror
music: 

 

Sometimes Yixing feels like he’s living underwater.

Because every so often it seems like when he opens his eyes, he is surrounded by mystic blue. He can see the waves rippling across the surface. The air isn’t far from him―less than an arms-length away, always there and always available, an almost solid presence―and Yixing could easily bridge the gap if he so wished.

But he never did.

Most of the time Yixing loved the feeling of being submerged, like there was a heavy weight on his chest, making it hard to breathe as the world slowed all around him, body suspended in time.

“I love you.”

Yifan’s whispered words are a breath of fresh air, like a cool breeze drifting over the shore. His voice is deep, smooth, and he is holding Yixing under, keeping him in place, immersed, water swirling overhead.

Yixing has never wanted to drown in something so much before.

He wakes then, practically shaken from his lethargic state, gasping for air like he really had been underwater for god knows how long.

It feels like an eternity before Yixing finally blinks.

He takes in the ceiling fan spinning slowly, the dust motes floating in the air as sunlight poured through the blinds; he can hear Yifan’s soft breathing next to him in bed, a soothing sound. The older man’s arms are warm and snug around Yixing’s lithe body, holding him close to his chest.

Yixing presses his ear closer to Yifan’s heart, and the steady beating controls his own, synchronizing them. His eyes flutter shut as he revels in the sensation; he drinks in all that is Kris, from his masculine scent to his firm chest, the smooth skin of his neck to the goofy personality.

Yifan may still be fast asleep but Yixing finds himself murmuring an answer to his confession anyway. It did not matter if it had actually happened or not―dreams or reality, with Yifan there was no difference―all Yixing cared about was the feeling; that had been real.

“I love you.”

He thinks he might have heard a mumbled response but Yixing is already drifting out to sea, plunging slowly into the warm water, and this time his fingers are intertwined with Yifan’s as they silently sink deeper and deeper into the celestial blue together.

I love you.

The words remain an echo in his heart, imbedded in his soul.

 

 

 

a/n: inspired by Jhameel’s “Come and Lie