(Preview for My Six Voodoo Dolls II) The Letter from WA

My Six Voodoo Dolls

Jae Ren's Point of View

 

It had already been a month, and I really really REALLY miss Topp Dogg.

We called them two days ago, and it seems they are in Kyoto, Japan. I have never left South Korea before, and I'm happy they got to go to somewhere far already. Though I heard Jenissi complaining how he constantly gets attacked by demons there. Japan has been famous for its wide array of demons.

From Serpent demons, to demons engulfed in flames. But I don't think all of them are bad.

Jenissi’s luck is bad.

It's true, we were together for only a short time, but they were easy to get attached to.

Especially Xero. He was the one I grew the most close to because he was, after all, the one who approached me first. Somehow, I felt like I could relate to him.

He was just afraid to trust other creatures and be a burden.

It was why he didn't want to talk to Topp Dogg at first because he was afraid that if he grew a connection to them, they'd try to save him from dangers, and then in turn: endanger themselves.

... Like what I felt for Jinyoung. When I was avoiding him, remember?

These past days, we still talk. But not as much.

I already told him that he doesn't need to walk me to school anymore. And whenever there's partner things, Gongchan would always be there for me since I don’t want to have VIXX separated from each other.

It's like... everything just disappeared between us.

"Jae Ren! We have mail~"

Hyuk had already been lying on the foot of my bed before I could even blink.

"What's it about?" I asked as I closed the doors of the balcony behind me. I never got mail besides newspapers before.

"Weird. I can't open it." Hyuk sat up and began to try and opening at again.

It's either he really can't, or he's such a great actor.

"Give me." I reached out my hand, and he obediently handed me the letter. "Well no wonder. It's enchanted." I announced.

Like how Hyuk had appeared, N had too. He took the letter from me and examined it. "There's no return address..."

The letter did seem odd from first sight. The envelope was full black, and a red ribbon at the center. Last time I checked, normal letters come in white. Though I haven’t received many before. Or any at all.

"Blow on it." N suddenly put the envelope in front of my face. Obediently, I did as I was told. He then handed me the letter. "Open it."

It was open.

It was as if it wasn't enchanted in the first place.

"How did you-"

"Our old master used to get letters like these all the time." He informed. "Go on, read it."

I took out the white letter from the envelope and my brows furrowed when I read it.

 

Dear Witch or Warlock,

            We have come to inform you that you are invited to come here and study with us at WA or Witch/Warlock Academy. It is befitting for young magic incarnations like you to come study with us! We won't take no for an answer, sir/madam. But rest assured this is for the greater good. In a few days’ time after receiving this letter, an informant will come to your address. It will give you the rules and also information about our school. So please, anticipate it and be prepared!

                        From,

                        WA

 

"That name does sound familiar..." Hongbin said. "Is that where old master graduated?"

"But after this, it's already my last year in Highschool!" I whined. Come on! I'm supposed to get a loyalty award.

"You are a time Witch. You can revert back to being 16 if you please." Ravi chuckled, but he stopped when I raised an eyebrow at him. "Or not..."

I heaved a sigh. "Let's just tell the informant that I don't need to go." I said. I don't like how they used 'it' for the informant. And also how it called me a 'magic incarnation'.

"Well, whatever you want." N shrugged.

Leo nodded too.

"No one even bothered to answer my question..." Hongbin mumbled to himself as he exited my room to make our breakfast.

WA? I've never even heard of that.

Come to think of it now, I don't know what my future will be. I don't know what I'm going to do after Highschool.

Because there's a different life that's in my reach...

I can be something different. But the problem with that is I have to hide who I am too.

Maybe... Maybe this 'WA' is worth a shot? I can't say no anyway...

“What do you feel about college, Ken?”

He was the last one to come and he was the only one left.

He furrowed his eyebrows. “I don’t know. I haven’t been to college before… Nice? A new adventure?”

“Hmmm…”

“Are you okay?” He asked me.

“Yup.” I nodded. “I think we need to pack.”