Looking for Them

My Six Voodoo Dolls

"Hyung! You just disappeared without saying a word!" Sandeul huffed, "Where did you g-Oh hey, Jae Ren sshi!" He bowed 90 degrees with a bright smile, finally noticing Jae Ren.

"Bipolar." Jinyoung muttered. "So, what do you want?"

"That's really different from the moping you were doing earlier." Sandeul absent-mindedly commented, making Jae Ren chuckle and Jinyoung redden. "Anyway, your dad just asked us to come by your house later. He had something to give us. Mandatory, I guess..."

"And this couldn't wait 'till later because...?" Jinyoung raised an eyebrow.

Sandeul opened his mouth to answer, but shut it back closed.

Jinyoung sighed. "Okay then. There's just one period before dismissal anyway. Let's leave together later. But can I...?" He glanced at Jae Ren who was behind him.

Sandeul nodded understandingly with a grin and skipped back to the B1A4 members.

"You hold meetings with your dad?" Jae Ren asked as she pulled on his backpacks straps.

"Uh, yeah. It's a wolf thing. You wouldn't understand." He joked with a grin, "But you know... my offer still stands. You can be a were-"

"No. I'm not changing my mind." *Especially now.* She thought to herself. "But thanks for the offer."

Jinyoung pouted but nodded, respecting her decision. "I'm surprised VIXX is nowhere to be seen." He admitted out of nowhere.

Jae Ren looked around, and was shocked he was right. "Yeah... me too..." *Where are they...? Did they go somewhere?* Her heart sank when she thought of the other scenario *Did they decide to leave me...?*

Jinyoung noticed her pale expression and nudged her. "Relax. I'm sure they're in class or something."

Boy, was he wrong.

"They're not here..." Jae Ren whispered to Jinyoung as their last period teacher discussed something about Biology of Dragons.

Jinyoung looked around and gave s a meaningful look, but they frowned and shrugged. They didn't know either. He knew they were eavesdropping on him and Jae Ren earlier anyway. Till now, he could feel them eavesdropping.

"...They could be running errands for the coach." He made up an excuse to ease Jae Ren. The latter just stiffly nodded and looked straight through the class, not really paying attention.

*That's impossible. Coach Lee already went home. He had to go to his daughter’s birthday party.* Jae Ren thought through the excuse Jinyoung made. *Where could they be? They wouldn't wander off alone... They'd never do that without informing me.* She checked the clock that hung over the classrooms door frame. It was already 3 minutes before dismissal. *I have to look for them...*

 

"Hey. Are you sure you don't need me to walk you home? You shouldn't walk alone to your house..." Jinyoung worriedly said. He didn't want to admit it, but these were the times he needed VIXX. He had to urgently go back to his house to have a meeting with his father and the other members, and he can't do that with a clear conscience if Jae Ren walks to her house alone.

"I'll be fine. Just go. Bye!" Jae Ren hurriedly said and ran for it.

Jinyoung  pouted and nodded to no one in particular. He turned around and saw s grinning at him, making him raise an eyebrow. "What are you standing there for? Let's go!" He ordered and turned into a wolf, already on his way home.

 

"I have to look for a searching spell!" Jae Ren frantically said as she ran to her home. She almost fell when she slid on the concrete on the way, but she thankfully saved herself. The motivation of finding VIXX, cheering her on.

"Hey, watch it, lady." A half-man, half-octpus sneered as she accidentally stepped on one of his tentacles.

"Ah? I'm sorry! I'm in a rush!" She apologetically yelled back while running.

She finally reached her home, and pushed the keys inside and turned the knob. She quickly ran to her room after shutting the door behind her.

She quickly went to her bathroom and slid the mirror to the left, revealing a secret cabinet. The mirror looked like it was just flat on the wall, but there was actually space there, making it the perfect hiding place for the notebook.

She flipped the leather notebook open, and waited patiently for the ink to appear. She was waiting for the circle that appeared on every page, actually.

It finally surfaced, though rather slowly, and she immediately put her thumb in the circle, focusing her mind on the spell she wanted and also putting some of her energy in it. She removed her hand and was delighted to see that the pages were flipping to its destination. It finally stopped on a page, but she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion when there was just a picture of a familiar voodoo doll on one page.

"Focus your energy on the doll." Was all that was written on the opposite page.

She made a confused face, but looked for the doll anyway. *What does that doll have to do with VIXX?* She asked herself. She looked for it in their room, and it was easily spotted since it was only on N's bed. Neatly put on the side of the pillow.

She picked the doll up and ran her fingers through the holes on the sides, unaware of the 6 creatures that were flinching from the unknown gentle touch. She did as the book said, and focused on find VIXX. She closed her eyes, and gasped as she saw a vision of them. She almost dropped the doll, but thankfully for VIXX, she didn't and laid it on N's bed again.

*What are they doing there...?* She asked herself and closed the door of her house behind her, running to the bus stop to go to her next destination. *And why do I have a bad feeling about this...?*