New Years Fireworks

New Years Fireworks
Ding dong
 
I ran to my door and opened it. 
 
"Yah! Why are you so late? We're going to miss the fireworks!" I yelled. 
 
I pulled Jimin in through the door and dragged him through my apartment up to the rooftop. 
 
"Mianhae, there was lots of traffic," he panted. "How'd you learn to run so fast, you never exercise."
 
I ignored his remark and checked my phone. 
 
"We have 3 minutes left!" I yelled again. 
 
"Aish, _____, you don't have to yell so loud. I'm right next to you," Jimin complained. 
 
I pulled him over to a bench swing and sat down. 
 
"I'm so excited to see the firework show. I've never watched one before," I said looking at the night sky. "I bet it's beautiful."
 
"Not as beautiful as you," Jimin mumbled. 
 
"What was that?" I asked 
 
"Oh! Nothing.." he laughed nervously. 
 
"Hmm," I eyes him suspiciously. I checked my phone again. "Two more minutes."
 
"Aren't you freezing out here? It's 10 degrees out here and you're only wearing a thin jacket," informed Jimin. 
 
"Yah, don't you know I'm the ice princess?" I said jokingly. "This is nothing." 
 
"Yah? Yah, I'm 5 months older than you. Call me oppa," Jimin scolded. 
 
He took off his thick winter coat and gently placed it on my shoulders. 
 
I smiled. "Thanks oppa," I laughed. 
 
He ruffled my hair. "Welcome," he smiled back. 
 
I checked my phone once again. 
 
"One more minute until it's a new year!" I told my best friend. "What's your New Years resolution?"
 
"Mine?" Jimin asked. He seemed to ponder for a moment before replying quietly. "To make you mine."
 
"Eh? Yah don't joke around," I laughed nervously. 
 
"I'm serious." He turned me around to face him. 
 
"I... I like you _____. N-no I love you. Ever since we became friends. I didn't want to ruin our friendship so I kept quiet," he stuttered. 
 
My eyes widened. Did my ultimate crush/best friend just say.. he likes me? 
 
"I don't know if this is too early or too late. But I have to ask now. ____, will you be mine?" Jimin asked shyly. 
 
Is this really happening? I only imagined this would happen in my dreams. 
 
"I-" I started. 
 
"Forget it, this was stupid, I'm sorry," he said suddenly. 
 
I panicked. I didn't want him to think I didn't like him. I love him. Before he turned away my body took over. I grabbed his shoulders and planted my lips over his soft ones. 
 
His eyes widened and his face flushed red. I suddenly let go. 
 
"I- I'm sorry I.." I stuttered. 
 
How can you be so stupid _____? Aish. You can't just kiss someone like that. 
 
He started laughing. 
 
5
 
"Do you really like me that much?" He teased. 
 
"W-what? Ani," I smiled secretly. 
 
4
 
"Yah babo." He grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him. 
 
Our faces were just centimeters apart. 
 
3
 
"Does that mean you'll be my girlfriend _____-ah?" He whispered. 
 
I gave him my biggest smile. "Yes," I breathed out.
 
2
 
He leaned in closer, if that was even possible. 
 
"I love you," he whispered on my lips. 
 
I looked at him one more time. 
 
"I love you too," I whispered back. 
 
He smiled and closed the distance between our lips in an innocent, sweet kiss. 
 
1
 
The fireworks went off, indicating it was a new year. 
 
Startled, his lips left mine. I pouted due to the loss of his touch. 
 
He laughed at my cute act. "Happy New Year _____."
 
I quickly kissed him again. "Happy New Year."