Everything

Something

Victoria was moody the whole day. Amber noticed her reading a magazine, but she knows Victoria ain't reading anything on it. She's flipping the pages roughly and is pouting.

Amber decided to push for it. She sat beside Victoria and looked down the magazine. Victoria looked at her.

"Don't push it Amber. I don't wanna talk about it," Victoria said curtly.

"Okay, i understand. Well, call me if you need anything, okay?"

Victoria nodded.

"I'd better get going. You'll be fine here by yourself?" Amber asked.

Victoria rolled her eyes. "I'm not a kid, dear. I'll take a drive in awhile. Don't worry," Victoria insisted.

"Alright. Take care Unnie."

 

***

 

Once Amber was out of her apartment, Victoria dropped the magazine and went to the kitchen. Maybe food will make her feel better.

Definitely, she thought and smiled.

She opened her drawers and fridge to find something to eat. Her supply is still full and she had been standing there for 5 freaking minutes and she still hasn't decided on what to eat.

Ugh! 

She stomped away from the kitchen and grabbed her keys. 

I need fresh air, she thought.

Victoria decided to drive along Han River. It was already 10 in the evening and a few people are strolling. She parked her car and walked. Nobody will really notice her since she's wearing a mask and a bonnet.

She kicked a stone, letting her irritation blow. But felt a bit guilty after. She looked back at the stone and whispered, "I'm sorry."

She let the wind and the sound of the night erase the boiling pit inside her. She needs to be calm and be mature about it.

It's not really a serious thing anyway, it's just part of work, she thought.

Her phone rang.

"Hey! You're still up?" Victoria greeted.

"Qiannie, it's still early. I'm on  my way to your apartment. I'll be there in 5 minutes," Changmin said.

"Really? Uhm, I'm actually...not there now," she answered softly.

"Where are you?" Changmin asked cooly. But Victoria hinted the edge on his voice.

"I took a drive here in Han River. But don't worry, I'm going back now. Be there in twenty. You still have your key right?"

"Yes. Drive safely okay?" Changmin said.

"Yes Max. See you!"

Victoria ran back to her car. As much as she wants to dawdle with her irritation, she doesn't want Changmin to be angry or worry. 

When she arrived at her apartment, she saw Changmin on her living room, her laptop on his lap.

She froze.

Changmin looked at her knowingly and patted the seat next to him.

Victoria obediently sat beside him. He laid the laptop on the table and faced Victoria.

He put his hand on her chin.

"Qiannie, look at me."

Victoria did and she can't hide her emotions to Changmin. It's all there in her eyes. Changmin knows her too well that dodging it would just be a waste of time.

Her eyes are sad and guilty. Tears started to form and she looked down.

"Baby..." Changmin pulled her into his lap, putting her face on his neck. He rubbed her back and kissed the top of her head. "Qiannie, it's just a music video. Just pure acting."

"I know," Victoria cried. "I know. It's part of work. But... I'm sorry." 

"I'm here baby," Changmin said while holding Victoria tightly.

After a while, Victoria stopped crying. She pulled out his embrace and faced him.

"I don't like watching you with other girls, especially when you're the one touching them," Victoria finally admitted.

Changmin smiled. He gave her a kiss that melted her heart away and carried her to the bedroom.

And all night, he showed her that he was hers. And hers alone.

 

 

 

***

 

 

Happy New Year! :)