Doctor Stranger

Daydreaming

xXx

“YOU’RE NOT JAEHEE!”

Park Hoon screamed at the top of his lungs, angry tears falling from his eyes. Han Seunghee kept her composure as Hoon staggered forward.

“You’re…not…her…” He continued to move closer towards the Doctor, no plans to stop. All that came to his mind was Jaehee’s face, her beautiful face which was an exact replica of the woman - no, the monster - standing right in front of him.

Except that she wasn’t Jaehee. That thing would never be Jaehee. Jaehee was gone.

Seunghee stepped back, trying not to panic. Her position had been compromised. The two were standing right outside the hospital with Soohyun a few feet behind. They had yet to have noticed her presence.

“H-Hoon-ah.” Her left foot stepped back. *I have to end this.*

“What are you talking about? It is me…I’m Jaehee.”

Hoon's entire body shook, pain shooting through every part of him. The tears were falling faster down his face.

“Liar. Liar…YOU WERE NEVER JAEHEE!”

Seunghee was so close, she could convince him. She believed she could. “HOON! HOON ITS ME! HOON!” She screamed, tears coming towards her eyes.

*I can do this. I cannot let Comrade down.*

“NO!” He furiously screamed back, “YOU WILL NEVER BE JAEHEE!”

He sprung forward at her, grabbing her by the collar of her shirt. “Jaehee,” he sobbed, “You made me think you were my Jaehee!”

Seunghee gritted her teeth and brought her hand to her pocket, trying to find her hidden gun. *If Comrade isn’t here I will have to do this myself.*

“HOON!” Soohyun finally screamed. Soohyun knew that this would be the end. If Seunghee wasn’t Jaehee, and if Dr. Moon was right, then without a doubt she would try to kill him.

Hoon heard her screams but refused to acknowledge them. Right now he was dealing with Seunghee. Seunghee. The person who was working against him, who was working with that bastard to send him back to the North.

That bastard.

Soohyun ran forward, it felt as if time were slowing down as Seunghee pulled out the gun behind her. She aimed it straight towards Hoon’s head.

*NO. HOON,* She panicked, *not Hoon.*

Hoon was filled with rage however, and grappled for the gun without a second thought. Soohyun continued to run forward, trying to save him.

“NO,” He continued to scream, “I WON’T LET YOU KILL ME.”

Seunghee fell backwards to the ground, the gun spiraling out of her hand and onto the floor. Hoon continued to shake with anger, advancing slowly. “No.”

He picked up the gun and pointed it straight at the spy, taking a long and rather crazy look at the girl he had once known. Hoon had finally lost it. He knew he had become a monster. He knew and he didn't care, because this is where he would end it all.

“HOON STOP IT RIGHT NOW!” Soohyun desperately yanked on Hoon’s arms, trying to pull him back.

“Jaehee,” he walked forward. The tears that had been falling down his face were now accompanied by a murderous glare in his eye. “Seunghee,” he let out a broken laugh, “You really made me think you were Jaehee.”

Seunghee scrambled backwards, the gun still pointed towards her head. “I am Jahee!” She screamed.

“No.” Hoon grinned madly. “Jaehee would never betray me.”

Seunghee gulped, he showed no signs of stopping.

Hoon knew it was Jaehee. He knew he had been betrayed by his lover. He knew. But he would never admit that to the monsters face.

“I wonder,” he looked down at her with the same chilling smile. “I wonder what it would look like if I opened your chest and looked for your heart. Do you even have a heart?" His smile seemed to grow more twisted. "I would love to see. To see you bleed.”

Seunghee could no longer see what was in front of her, her tears were making everything blurry. This was the moment where she was going to die. She was going to die for her sins.

Soohyun couldn’t watch any longer, she grabbed the gun out of Hoon’s hand and screamed for help.

“HOON. STOP IT.”

Hoon was too far gone to hear her. He continued to stare at Seunghee’s face, letting all his pain and heartache be known.

"Do you know how hard I worked for you? How many times I searched for you?" He screamed, "I WENT TO PRISON THREE TIMES! FOR 2 YEARS I SEARCHED. I WORKED. I MADE SOMEONE LOOK FOR YOU. I DEVOTED MYSELF COMPLETELY TO YOU. EVEN IN THE NORTH! I DID EVERYTHING FOR YOU."

“Seunghee,” he sobbed. “Jaehee. You never loved me.”

He covered his mouth with his hand and turned, pacing back and forth. The bastard's officers would be arriving any second.

*Seunghee. Seunghee.*

*Jaehee.*

Jaehee watched her lover from the ground, sobbing as well. This was the end. She had failed her task.

She could not bring him back.

“Jaehee.” He whispered through his tears.

“Goodbye.”

xXx