두 트윈 별 - two twin stars : chapter 2 - i told you to go away

Daydreaming

xXx

"I'm going to die. That's it. My life is over."

"I'm sure you'll do fine, don't worry."

"No. I'm dead. Take my test for me?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

Miyoung groaned as she and Sooyeon walked past the school quad, heading towards their 3rd period class. Sooyeon pat her friends arm, trying to reassure her in the same calming way she always did. 

"You'll be fine."

Don't worry.

Miyoung rose her hands in the air, stressed. "Worrying is what I do best! I didn't have time to study, and I'm sooo tired." She may have been fluent, but not to the point that she remembered every single word her teacher taught.

"From video games?" Sooyeon mused in korean. 

Miyoung opened to counter, but what would she say? "No, two ailens from a super cute kpop group - that I have posters of everywhere might I add - invaded my house!"

No, that wouldn't have been a good idea. 

So she kept shut and shrugged. 

She waved goodbye to Sooyeon as she left for third, getting back a "good luck maknae!" And something else that sounded like "Stop playing games so late!" 

She wished that was what she had been doing.

After their initial shock of finding out that she had no idea what her wish was, Xiumin and Sehun both agreed to stay with Miyoung until her wish was granted. But without hotel reservations or friends to stay with, Miyoung had reluctantly allowed them to stay at her house. 

She trudged forward and sulked. 

Getting Xiumin and Sehun into her house was easy enough since her entire family was on vacation (her school started early so she stayed home) for a month in Hawaii. She could have easily stashed them there with none the wiser, which is exactly what she did,

But...

She was unsure how long they would stay inside, since their original plan was to follow her to school and stick by her side like glue, eager to grant her unknown wish. 

She was sure something disasterous was about to happen, she could feel it in the pit of her stomach. She recalled the earlier conversation she had with them this morning.

"Okay guys," she had instructed, "I'm going to school now. If you need anything here's my number," she slammed a piece of paper on the table, "there's food in the fridge if you need it ok?"

The boys had nodded and looked at her, looking a little like lost puppies.

She sobbed quietly, how in the world could any of this be real? Miyoung slung her bag over her shoulder and grabbed her keys, ready to head out.

"If you guys get bored I have lots of video games sitting right there."

She turned back towards the two sitting obediently on her sofa. "And if you go snoop through any of my things," her eyes narrowed into slits, "dead."

She looked at Sehun specifically, already knowing it would be HIM to rummage through her kpop albums and embarrassing stuffed animals stashed away in her room. 

She contemplated staying behind to watch over them since they were so intent in following her. But she remembered her korean test and slammed the door without another word. 

Now she was slowly walking into her doom, quite literally. 

As if today weren't already bad enough, she would have to sit in front of her crush too. Normally it wouldn't be so bad, but ever since break, things have been, for lack of better words...awkward.

She had confessed to him, and had gotten friend zoned rather easily, with a simple "I hope we stay friends for a long long time."

She flipped a table in her mind, and started walking to her desk, unaware of the whispers and stares that surrounded her. It wasn't until Miyoung threw her bag on the ground - avoiding Minho's stare - and heard an annoying "ow" that she realized what the whispers were about. 

Sitting in her seat was a very annoying Oh Sehun. 

-xXx-

Meanwhile Miyoung was having a mental breakdown, Dahae was waving goodbye to her friend Kailin. Dahae hummed to herself as she walked down the steps, pulling out her car keys. She walked by Miyoung's classroom, saw a Baozi sitting on the steps, and wondered how her friend was doing. 

*I wonder if she's taken her test yet...* she mused. 

She kept walking, ready to sit in her car and sleep (or start homework, whichever came first). It was her free period, and she had to find a way to kill another hour. As she walked by the classroom, she paused. 

*wait what. baozi?*

She turned her head back to the class, and noticed once more a baozi sitting on the steps. 

"Minseok?"

The boy looked up from the ground, grinning like sitting there in that spot was completely normal for him. 

"Oh, hi Dahae!"

He waved as she walked over, unsure if she was seeing what she thought she was, orrr she was turning crazy like her best friend. "Hey Minseok. What are you doing here? I thought Miyoung told you to stay home?" 

Minseok nodded and pointed to the class behind him, towards Miyoung's class. "We were, but Sehun came so...I have to follow him." He nodded, "its my duty to protect the youngest, as the oldest."

Dahae snickered, that was sorta weird, but cute.

"Well...why aren't you with him then?"

Her eyes widened in realization and pointed to the class, Minseok nodding. "He's not In there is he???"

Before he had a chance to respond, she groaned, covering her face. "Craaappp...Miyoung is going to freak. She probably already has. Oh no. What do we do? What if we get in trouble with the school?"

"What if this goes on my record? Oh sh-"

"Calm down," Minseok chided her, "I think my maknae is smart enough to handle this situation beforehand."

"...I think."

"You think?"

"Well Se can be a little-"

"Reckless?"

"Yeah how'd you know?"

"Lucky guess."

Minseok shrugged and played with his hands. "Well Se told me he'd be home later with Miyoung and I'm bored so...want to do something?" He wiggled his brow at the girl. 

She rose hers in response, unsure if she heard correctly. 

"You mean ditch??"

He smiled innocently. 

"Why not?"

Dahae could probably think of at least 20 reasons why not. 

Reason one: Sooyeon would kill her. 

Reason two: Miyoung would kill her for leaving her to deal with Sehun alone. 

Reason three: math test next period!

Despite her rational reasoning, she shrugged and smiled back at him, jingling her keys.

"Where to?"

xXx

Miyoung stared at the back of Sehun's head, unable to believe that he successfully convinced her teacher and the others in the class to let him stay. 

"What the hell are you doing here Sehun??" She furiously whispered. 

He shrugged at her, doodling on a sheet of paper. "Trying to grant your wish."

He looked her dead in the eye, 100% serious. She flushed and turned away, finally noticing her crush's stare.

She was sitting in the seat behind Sehun, waiting for his explanation quietly and trying not to listen to the teasing her classmates were throwing at her.

After her much doomed test - who the hell cared what a sink was called in korean anyway - Sehun turned around in his seat and handed her a sheet of paper, paying attention to the lesson (for what reason though? He knew everything being taught).

Miyoung took the sheet and began to read his messy korean.

Hi Miyoung! Its Se. Yehet. I got bored at home, so I convinced Baozi to come here~ you're probably scared people will realize who I am since I'm so famous - she rolled her eyes and could hear his snickering laughter - but don't worry, they think my name is Kang Sangmoon.

You know. Your boyfriend.

She shrieked (not really) and looked up at him, wide eyed. He looked at her as well, a small smile playing on his lips. Her eyes flickered towards Minho, who was trying not to look over. Minho then looked at her, his face covered in red. 

What the hell did Sehun do. 

xXx

Earlier

Sehun hummed as he rummaged through the cabinets, trying to find something to eat. Minseok sat on the sofa with a remote in hand, playing a random game on Miyoung's playstation.

"Hey Minseok," he yelled out, "What do you think her wish is anyway?"

He assumed Minseok shrugged as he called back to him. "I'm not really sure! I'm glad though that Duizhang let us come on EXO's first mission."

In all honesty, the boys actually had not ever done anything like this before, and probably never would again.

It was very rare for a star to fall down from the sky. The only way that would ever happen is if the wisher of that star truly wished from everything deep inside their heart to have their wish come true. 

It only happened once in every milenia, and was especially rare now a days because most people were so materialistic that they didn't think things through or think about goals and aspirations with all their heart.. let alone wish on a star. 

So the fact that this had happened, just like in the fairytales, surprised them. 

They had argued on who should go on the mission first, and eventually boiled down to kai bao bo. 

Sehun and Minseok were the winners. 

After contacting the Elders on EXO for the information of where the star originated from, when and where it was wished by, etc, they located Miyoung and took the mext flight to the US. The only problem was that on impact, the star's wish was destroyed, and was near impossible to gain once more. 

To find out her wish, they'd have to grant it and find out later. 

Wish granting on EXO was a rare opportunity, but a prided activity, so the boys jumped on the opportunity to grant it.

Sehun eventually got bored of raiding her pantry, and walked past Minseok and the playstation, heading towards Miyoung's room. Minseok eyed him evenly, calling out to him. 

"Miyoung told you not to touch her stuff Se!"

Sehun shrugged (even though Minseok couldn't see it), and took a good look at her room before snorting. It was covered in posters of Super Junior sunbaes. 

Everywhere. 

He took another step closer, he noticed a few diferent bands such as VIXX or BAP and SHINee, but she only had 2 posters of EXO! (If they were even considered posters, since they were just phtobooks that came with their first album.) He rolled his eyes and continued to walk around, touching random things here and there.

He pulled a stuffed animal towards his chest and did his signature merp face, a little bored. He walked up to her bookcase which was filled with nothing but romance novels and kpop albums, and he couldn't help but laugh. 

Of course.

He also noticed a bunch of lether bound books without titles. Curious, he put the stuffed animal down (or threw it) and opened to a random page. He flipped through the pages which were a mix of korean and english, gathering bits and pieces of the text.

*Oh.* he thought.

*It's her journal.*

He contemplating whether not he should read it - before ultimately deciding he should, since it might have offered clues about her wish.

*Minseok is going to kill me~* he sang in his head. he continued to flip, reading random entries. He through a few lines before putting it back down and picking up another identical one. 

He repeated the process once more before feeling a bit bad, her diary filled with bits of her randomest most private thoughs.

Most of them were just lists, endless lists of things she wanted to do, things she had to do, and random things she didn't want to forget.

On one page dated 2 years ago, she wrote

things i learned today!

영원히  - more than just a promise

that forever is a long time

that i want to eat chicken (no surprise)

you can't force things to last..even if you want them to.

He set the book back down and frowned, guilt swelling up in him. He had a feeling that he read something he shouldn't have had, judging from the worn page compared to the rest of the book.

Sehun kept flipping through the pages, and found the most current one to date.

what i learned today

뿐 - only you i'm looking for

you broke my heart

but that's okay

A little more down was a picture of her and a guy, 'Minho' he assumed, since that's what the entry underneath the picture said.

He walked out of her room and sat besides Xiumin with a blank stare, thinking quietly to himself.

Is that what she wanted?

A forever? 

Was she trying to fall in love? He pursed his lips and looked at the ceiling, unsure. Xiumin noticed the maknae's quiet nature and nudged him, cocerned.

"Are you alright Se?" He joked, "are you mad that she doesn't have any posters of you?"

Sehun rolled his eyes, "yeah right like that could bother me."

Xiumin shrugged and continued playing, singing, "I dunnnooo~ Miyoung does look like your tpe anyway~ Gotta be careful Se or you'll fall for her."

He scowled and jumped off the sofa, pushing the ridiculous - but also rather nice - image from his mind. He pried open the door, causing Xiumin to pause the game and follow after him.

"Hey wait! Where are you going??"

"School."

"But why??"

"I need to cheer her up."

"WHa-? Why?"

Sehun shrugged, "because he makes her sad."

Xiumin was very confused.

xXx