[ sleep is for the weak - no sleep is for a week]

Daydreaming

12:02 a.m.

Jimin doesn't understand how Yoongi manages to sleep so much. 

"It just feels nice," Yoongi lazily responds, flipping his body to the other side of the bed.

Jimin proceeds to stare at the ceiling of their shared dorm room, all he can hear is the sound of his heavy heart beating.

"But it doesn't," Jimin argues with exasperation.

Yoongi lets out a small noise but besides that says nothing else.

"Just hear me out hyung," the usually excited boy continues. "Waking up is the worst feeling in the world! You don't wake up refreshed at all, just confused and angry that you even had to wake up in the first place."

Yoongi says nothing. Jimin thinks he fell asleep.

"Trying to fall asleep is the worst part," Jimin whispers to his companion. "Falling asleep is so hard.." 

Jimin's eyes start to brim with tears. “You're absolutely alone in that moment and its so scary. There's nothing to distract you and you're your own worst enemy."

Yoongi again said nothing.

"I hate it."

Jimin continues to stare at the ceiling, crying silently. He was once again alone, left by himself to endure another night. From his left side he could hear Yoongi shifting. 

Jimin tried to stiffle his crying so that Yoongi wouldn't wake up.

"Hey," Yoongi softly called.

Jimin tears his eyes from the ceiling and sits up, trying to wipe his tears before Yoongi could notice that he was crying in the first place.

Yoongi sits up as well, placing a comforting arm around the younger. He says nothing as Jimin's tears continue to fall, his broken gasps for air getting louder and closer together.

"I'm so sorry hyung," he gasps, "I'm okay really, I'm okay."

Yoongi pulls Jimin towards his chest, using his free hand to rub his back soothingly. He softly murmurs "It's okay to not be okay Jimin. It's okay."

Jimin continues to cry harder into Yoongi's chest, unsure as to when or how he got this sad in the first place.

"I just don't know what to do hyung." he whispers.

Yoongi's heart breaks at every word that spills out of Jimin's tired mouth, but he still only listens.

"I don't know why," he sobs, "But I'm trying really hard to be happy."

Yoongi continues to gently draw invisible circles into his boyfriend's back, hoping it'll help if only slightly.

Jimin's ugly gasping slowly stops, his tears streaming less frequently. Yoongi continues to draw circles, waiting patiently.

Finally Jimin's tears stops and the sniffs start, allowing him to speak once more. 

"Is it bad that I'm not always happy?"

Yoongi takes his time to answer, gently rocking them back and forth as he rests his head on Jimin's. "You idiot, you can't force yourself to always be happy."

Jimin lets out a small laugh, comforted by Yoongi’s rocking.

"And as for sleeping, you don't have to feel that way anymore, okay?"

Jimin looks up at Yoongi, his eyes and cheeks swollen. Yoongi looks down at Jimin, a rare soft smile gracing his lips. "You don't have to feel alone anymore, because I'm with you now. And I'll stay awake until you fall asleep from now on."

Jimin wipes his nose on Yoongi's shirt, too embarassed to face him. 

"Really?" he murmurs.

Yoongi places a finger underneath Jimin's chin, tilting his head to face him. "Really."

Yoongi then places his lips on Jimin's, letting the silence of the night overtake them. After they part, Yoongi places his boyfriend back on the mattress, wrapping his arms around him.

Yoongi proceeds to whisper sweet nothings to him until Jimin's eyes flutter to a close.

Every night since then Yoongi would repeat the process, making sure to stay awake with Jimin so he wouldn't feel lonely anymore.

Jimin now understood how Yoongi could sleep so much.