[ little star ]

Daydreaming

- - -

"Does it make you sad?" she whispered.

"Does what make me sad?" 

The young boy flipped his hair back and focused on the scene in front of him, trying to detach himself emotionally as much as he possibly could.  

"That we're not going to be together like this anymore." 

He sighed, and revelled in the following silence.

"Yeah I guess."

His companion leaned her head on her knees, lowering her eyes. Her eyes fluterred to a close, and her mind couldn't help but recall all the memories of her friends and loved ones. 

"Suzy. You can't keep focusing on the past like this." He knocked on her head lightly as he said this, giving a light hearted smile. 

Inside however, he felt his heart break.

"You think I don't know that??" Her muffled cry rung through the air.

He chuckled, causing Suzy to huff, she lifted her head to glare at the boy. "Bang Sungjoon. Don't you have any manners?" 

He snickered while placing his hand gently on her head. "Of course I do Bae Suzy," he chided, "just not with you." 

She scoffed and shurgged his hand off of her. Suzy was always touchy when it came to skinship between them (oh the irony). She looked up at the sky while Sungjoon looked at her, her eyes shining with a sense of wistfulness.

"What are you doing?" He asked, without looking away. There was no other moment in which she looked more beautiful.

"Mmmm. Just thinking."

"About?"

"Life after this." 

Sungjoon sighed. It seemed impossible to cheer her up. 

"Listen to me Bae Suzy." He grabbed her shoulders quickly, a tense look in his eyes. 

"What?" she looked startled, but Sungjoon was too focused to pause and apologize. 

"This is no time to be sad. You should be happy for all the amazing things that are happening to us." 

She blinked. 

"Your unnies for one - they're going to do great things! So are you! You're going to debut in a few months. I have my first drama filming soon! Why are you so sad?? You should be happy for all the great things that are happening to us! I know you're scared that things are going to change - and you know what? They are. Don't fight it. But just because they're changing it doesn't mean that it's bad. This is good for all of us." 

"You see that star up there Bae Suzy?" He pointed to the starry filled night, "Look up at that star whenever you're feeling lonely, and think of me. I will always be looking over you. I promise you."

Suzy remained silent, only watching the single star in the sky. Sungjoon his lips nervously, he was beginning to lose confidence quickly. "And to be honest Bae Suzy I have been in love with you for as long as I remember, and without you my life would be nothing." 

Suzy's eyes widened, her mind rushing through possible reactions. 

The two were quiet.

Sungjoon couldn't face her with courage any longer.

What did I just do, he miserably thought.

He felt a sharp pain run through his arm. "OUCH!" He turned to look at Suzy, an angry expression across her face. "What was that for???" he blurted without thinking.

"BANG SUNGJOON YOU CHOOSE NOW TO TELL ME THIS? YOU STUPID IDIOT!"

Sungjoon sat in shock, unsure how to react to her.

She hid her face in her hands, her voice muffled. "Now I'm even sadder, how am I going to have time to see you when I'm promoting?? How are we going to date?"

He looked at her, his cheeks staining pink. "W-what are you-?" 

"Isn't it obvious?" She laughed and grabbed his hand. "You idiot. I'll only date you if you promise that we'll always stay in touch."

"Deal," he blurted mindlessly.

Suzy smiled, squeezing his fingers tightly. She pointed with her free hand to the star as he did earlier, "See that star? Always think of me when you're lonely."

He let out a breathless laugh, looking at the star once more.

"That'll be our little star."

Suzy smiled. "You always know how to make me feel better, you idiot."

He shrugged, "What can I say? I've been doing it for 15 years. Out of love of course."

The two smiled at each other, before turning their atteniton back to the star.

"My little star," Suzy whispered.  

- - -