The Idol and His Fan- The Story Unfolds

The Idol and His Fan

A/N: Please do read the forward. It explains how the story unfolds. The bold para are from the authors view. 

                               --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>>>>>Flashback

Bigbang Alive Galaxy Tour at Peru, 2012


He had read many letters, opened many gifts but somehow he could not get over that fan. Bigbang was touring Peru as part of their Bigbang Alive Galaxy Tour when he had found that fan. He was on his way to his room when two Peruvian VIP’s had managed to enter the hotel and handed him a letter while he was with G-Dragon and Taeyang at the corridor.

The fans spoke in English. They could not understand Korean at all but when TOP went back to his room and opened the letter, it was in Korean. He found out that the letter was from a VIP named Padma who was from India. The Peruvian fan had passed a letter of her friend. After reading the letter, he was filled with curiosity. Call it a hard day at work or him being inquisitive or fate, he now wanted to know about this fan who had managed to send him a letter in Korean from India through a friend in Peru but how could he find her? As if it was an answer to his question, he saw Jiyong and Yongbae who were busy clicking pictures.

Seung-Hyun turned towards them and asked, “Is it possible to find someone who lives across the world through their name?”

Jiyong and Youngbae exchanged a look and said, “Hyung, its 21st century! Everything can be found on the internet and almost everyone is on SNS.”

“Well except him and Daesung Hyung” added the maknae who had walked out of the bathroom just then.

“So, you are finally joining twitter? Instagram? Tellme your ID, I’ll follow you,” said Youngbae.

“No, I am not. You know how I hate SNS. I just wanted to find out about this fan.” answered Seunghyun.

“Who?” asked Daesung as he joined the conversation.

“I just got this letter” , answered Seunghyun as he began to explain what was in the letter.

Later that night, he searched her name on the internet and found her  facebook link. He could not see much of her post because of her privacy settings but her cover picture was of him.

He looked at it and smiled to himself.

End of flashback>>>>>


What started out as an innocent “I want to know my fan” had turned out into this. A year later, even though they were miles apart and she had no idea that he knew about her or had read her letter, he had somehow managed to keep in touch and had maybe started feeling more that he should have.

 

Present Day - Bigbang Japan Dome 2013


“Hyung, You seemed distracted during the rehearsal, is something bothering you?” asked the leader in a worried tone as the members were sitting in their waiting area just before the concert started.

“It’s her birthday, Jiyong” answered Seunghyun.

“Aaah, it been a year already? Do you want to send her something?” asked Jiyong again.

“I wish I could but I don’t know her address and even if I did, who do I say it’s from? It would be strange receiving a parcel halfway across the world.”

"But Hyung, shouldn't you at least wish her?" asked the Maknae.

Seunghyun smiled as he said, "I did."

 “What? How?” questioned the clearly confused Maknae again.

“I thought she doesn’t know about you.” Stated Daesung.

“She doesn’t.”

“Then?”

Jiyong smiled as he answered instead of Seunghyun, “Hyung is friends with her on Facebook”

“What? Hyung, you are on SNS? How come we never knew? I thought I told you to tell me” complained Youngbae.

“And I thought you hated it.” added Seungri.

“I only use it for her and I still don’t like SNS, but that was the only way I could keep in touch with her.” answered Seunghyun in response to them.

“She must be very happy.” Said Daesung as he grabbed the chocolate on the table and began to munch on it.

“She obviously does not know about it. I created a fake ID and pretended to be a VIP.” answered Seunghyun calmly.

"AAAA Jinja! You finally like someone after so long and you do this?" said Youngbae in frustration.

As if to break the tension, the maknae suddenly said, “Hyung, I want to see her”.

Seunghyun smiled as he opened her Facebook account.

“She looks like Bom Noona” commented Youngbae.

“Her friends are VIP’s too! They are spazzing over you.” Said Seungri excitedly as he read through Padma’s wall feeds.

“Hahaha yes, those are her friends. They are all VIP’s. Some are Yongbae and Jiyong’s fan. Jiyong finds his fan pretty.” Said Seunghyun as Jiyong smiled when he heard that.

“Wah India! I did not know that we have so many VIP’s there. I wish we can go there sometime soon.” exclaimed Daesung as he saw the Indian VIP groups and posts.

 “Maybe we can have a concert there next time but until that time, we have to wait.” Said Jiyong as he went over to the couch with his phone to check his instagram.

They all nodded in agreement when the maknae yelled and said, “Aaa hyung they want to see you shirtless!! Maybe that should be your b’day gift! Go shirtless on your next MV or movie!”

“Not a bad idea” added Taeyang and everyone  except Seunghyun laughed because they knew that seeing him shirtless in reality was such a rare scene that expecting him to go shirtless on screen was like waiting for the rain in a drought. Tiring and pointless.

“But why don’t you tell her?” asked the Maknae suddenly, who was now updating pictures on his twitter account.

“Our fandom is quite mature and I am sure YG Hyung won’t mind.” Stated Daesung.

“I know but I need to be practical. She lives halfway across the world. I haven’t met her even once, I still need to know her. The only conversations we have had is about us, I mean Bigbang, since she thinks I am a fanboy. Will we even be compatible? Everything is crazy but I do know that, I want to know about her more and thinking about her makes me smile . But right now, I have my priorities, Bigbang is my priority and I am sure she has her priorities too.”

“But Hyung, she is your fan. I am sure she likes you, so is the real problem?.” said Daesung as a matter of fact.

“That’s what. She is my fan. She likes me for being TOP of Bigbang but will she like me for being Seunghyun? “

“Why won’t she? Aren’t you both the same?” asked the Maknae confused.

“ I want her to like me for who I am and not for what I am.  She is a fan. We all know fans love their idols but what if I was not an idol? Would she have still liked me? What if tomorrow this gets over? Will she still like me?”

“I’m sorry Hyung but I think you are over-thinking and giving too many excuses.” Said Yongbae as he got up and walked away from him.

Jiyong then left his phone and walked towards Seunghyun and said, “Hyung, I know your past relationship affected you a lot but everyone is not her. I am not asking you to tell Padma that you know her or that you like her. I do understand some of your arguments but not giving someone a chance because of your past is not fair.”

Seunghyun wanted to say something but instead said, “Maybe that is so partly but you know how our lives are. I can always bring her here if things work out and she agrees but the media will not let her live peacefully. I want to protect her but you know, what happened the last time. Maybe i am being stupid but I am not ready to face that again.The time will come.”

“But what if you are too late?”

“Then I will be happy for her but I can’t put her happiness and freedom at stake because of me. Our life isn’t easy and I am scared that if I become selfish I may end up hurting her.” said Seunghyun as he got up and leaned against the wall. “I will go and find her once everything is over but until then I can only hope and wish that she will continue to remain my fan”

"Aren't you being selfish this way?" Asked Jiyong. 

Before Seunghyun could answer, the Coordi Noona entered the room and yelled, “Bigbang on stage in five minutes!” 

The boys looked at each other as she left. They did not get the answer to Jiyong's question but they went towards Seunghyun and hugged him. They did their group ritual before going on stage but this time, they also wished that things would work out for Seunghyun. Being a singer was tough. Yes, the love of the fans made everything worthwhile but it also stopped them for going after someone they love. One day they wish they could be with whomever they want without anyone judging them. But until that day, they would only wait. It was now time for them to be what they loved to be at this point. It was time for them to be Bigbang and go on stage.

“Konichiwa Japan!!!”  Yelled G-Dragon as he entered the stage with the rest of Bigbang. Before Seunghyun became TOP and went on stage to joined s, he closed his eyes and whispered as if she could hear him,

“Happy 21, Padma. May you get everything that you wish for. How I wish that you knew how close I was to you and that I do know you, that you are not just another fan. How I wish I could tell you that. Wait for me, till this gets over. Till the time is right….But until then, i can only see you from far...”

 

                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N: Thank you all for reading. I wrote it without much of a storyline. Never tried a one shot and i still have to update my other story https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/529254/it-happened-over-a-coffee-fluff-romance-you-exo-luhan-kris-boysoverflowerf4 but i wrote this since it was a promise. Hope you all liked it ^_^

Fun fact 1: The first para/scenerio of the story is real. Padma did send a fan letter to her friend in Peru and they did give it to TOP when he was with G-Dragon and Taeyang at the Hotel Corridor during the Bigbang Alive Galaxy Tour at Peru.

Fun fact 2: TOP did mention in one of the interview that he had got a letter in korean but the girl who gave it to him did not speak/understand korean at all. This was during the Alive Tour. Me and Padma being the fangirl that we are have convinved ourselves that it is her letter that he was talking about.

P.S. Padma, sorry for not posting it on your birthday! I hope that you like it. I am sorry for not making it better :( Yes, i wrote some parts based on your life ^_^  I love you saeng <3