Deep Slumber

~ Your Majesty ~

It was such a nice summer day back then. I remember it like it was just yesterday. The sun was shining brightly high on the blue, blue sky. The birds were singing in the silent wind. It was all in all just an amazing day. I had had butterflies in my tummy all day, because my parents had promised me to go to the amusement park with me! Actually, we were going with my best friend and her family, too. At this time I was only five years old, so I knew of nothing better than amusement parks. It was just sad, because at my age you couldn’t try any of the big, wild rides!

Nonetheless… Once we had been at the amusement park for some time, my family and my friend’s family decided to take a rest at a dining area, which I of course thought were boring. I remember I was eating a green ice cream and I had decided to go to one of the playgrounds right next to the dining area. My best friend, Jaein, decided to go play with me since she couldn’t see the fun in eating with the family, either.

It had been a few minutes when Jaein called me over. She was on the opposite side of the playground, and in order to go to her, I had to climb my way over – with an ice cream in my hand.

“Rin! Over here!” she called again. I remember, that I was very happy that day, for some reason. I had no idea why, maybe it was the weather, maybe it was the amusement park, or maybe it was because I felt that someone was watching me. It wasn’t the eyes of a e, old man that were watching me. It was the eyes of a young, beautiful angel, looking over me. I could picture him, just by feeling his friendly, beautiful, dark eyes on me. His skin would be white, almost like milk. His eyes dark, like a pair of doe-eyes. His hair would frame his angelic face perfectly, showing nothing but his pure heart of gold. His appearance would keep everyone away from me, too. Everyone who wanted to harm me.

“A-Ah!” I exclaimed as I accidentally dropped my ice cream onto the sand, and I started crying immediately. I had always been such a crybaby - I never hid that for anyone. I climbed down from my tower, where I was at that time, and went over to look at my ice cream, which was completely covered in sand and dirt, making it inedible. The tears in my eyes just kept coming. It might be a little ridiculous that I was crying because of an ice cream, but I was just a kid, and kids love sweet things!

I looked up to see where my unni had gone – I could barely see her anymore as she was headed towards the other end of the playground. This place was huge, after all. My parents weren’t in sight either, so I had no idea what to do. I wanted my ice cream, so why couldn’t my mom come and say that everything was going to be fine?

“Unni! Umma! Appa!” I called, but no one heard me, obviously. My voice was nearly muffled by my sobs, too, so why would I even think that it was going to work?

I suddenly felt very alone in the whole world, and feared that some e would come and kidnap me, tempting me with a new ice cream or something. The fear was rising inside of me, making me afraid that someone actually would come and kidnap me. My mom had always told me, that I shouldn’t take to strangers, though. I could barely tell where my parents were having their lunch, either. I felt completely lost – and that’s when it happened. I felt a shadow over me, giving me chills down my spine. I quickly turned around, just to see someone standing next to me, looking down at me. I could barely see his face because of the sun, but as his head were shading me for the sun, I could see him. The light of the sun was suddenly like some kind of halo around his head, like an angel. His hair was a strange color, though. It was the same color as candyfloss – pink. It was short, and framed his face perfectly. His skin was milky white, his eyes dark like a pair of doe-eyes. Just like I pictured. He was probably in his mid-twenties, and somehow he reminded me of a prince who just stepped out from a fairytale book.

He kneeled down next to me and looked at my ruined ice cream. I didn’t know what to do, since I wasn’t allowed to talk to strangers, and I had never seen this angelic guy before. He just looked at my ice cream before he stood again. He handed his hand to me, as he wanted me to come along. It was a bit strange, though, and I know I shouldn’t take his hand since my mom told me not to speak with strangers… But none of us said a word, so did that actually count as speaking?

So I took his hand.

His other hand wiped the tears off my cheeks as he flashed me a beautiful, adorable smile that made my small cheeks blush slightly. He was truly a beautiful fairytale prince. The prince held my hand tightly, as he didn’t want me to get lost – he didn’t want anyone to actually harm me, I could clearly feel that.

His hand was soft, like the purest silk, and he didn’t let go of me, before we were inside of a small ice cream and candy shop. He put me next to the ice cream stand, where I could see the pictures of all the ice creams they had available for purchase. I finally realized, why he actually had brought me there – he wanted to give me an ice cream, since my other one got ruined.

“Which one do you want?” he asked, and our silence was ruined by the most beautiful, angelic voice I had ever heard. It was so light and soft.

“The green one…” I murmured carefully as I pointed at a picture of the same ice cream I had dropped earlier. A smile came on the guy’s lips as he picked up a green ice cream from the ice cream stand, and went to pay for it from the girl in the shop. I never really understood why he did this for me, I didn’t know him. Was he just such a kind, sweet soul, who wanted to make small children like me happy? Or was it just to make me stop crying because I was such a crybaby?

I never found out.

Even as he gave me the ice cream and followed me back to my parents, who were still eating at the dining area, I never questioned who he was. I never questioned how he knew where my parents were sitting.

I never questioned the fact, that I swore I heard him say my full name at a time.

 

RRRRIIIINNNGGG~

 

I nearly jumped as my alarm went off and I had to get up for school. It nearly gave me a heart attack, since I had just been sleeping so deeply and peacefully like never before. I immediately sat up and turned the alarm off. I was such a sleepy head that I just felt like lying down and falling asleep again. This was one of the reasons why I was late for school many times every week. I just put sleep over education, simple as that.

“Oh how I really don’t wanna get up,” I murmured sleepily as I forced myself out of my bed, my dream still in the back of my head as I wondered why I had been dreaming such thing. Something that had happened long ago. I could still remember it clearly, though the face of the guy was getting slightly clouded and blurry. I often wonder, how he is, though. Does he still remember me?

I suddenly heard my phone buzzing like crazy so I just went to check what was going on. Apparently, I had been in a pretty deep slumber, since I didn’t hear any of the 47 messages that I had received during the morning. I unlocked my phone with a raised eyebrow, confused about the whole deal with so many messages in just one morning! It was only half past seven! I had lots of time to get ready for school at eight!

My eyes grew wide as I saw that it was my classmate who had been sending me all those messages! Telling me to hurry to school, just in case I forgot that today was the day when we should choose our science project for our finals in a few months. It was pretty much the same deal every year. Since it was my last year of high school, I had already seen how it happened last year, and the year before that. The seniors would line up in front of the school in the middle of the night – or extremely early in the morning – just to be able to get a science project that they would actually be able to get a decent grade from, since a maximum of two people could have the same project. If two students choose the same project, they can make a group if they wish to – though it’s not something they have to do, but it’ll sure make it a lot easier to comprehend all the studying. This is actually what my classmate and I had hoped to do, but it looked like she had already gotten a topic – and even a pretty nice one about the Fukushima accident and radioactivity.

Radioactivity was my greatest strength in science! Damn it!

“No… No, no, no!” I exclaimed as I looked at the clock, which mostly just made me want to scream my lungs out! Why did I have to forget this important day! Now I would get the worst subject for my finals, which would lead to getting an extremely bad grade!

“Crap, crap, crap,” I cursed as I fumbled with getting my jeans on, jumping a bit around in my room as I tried to hurry, though the stress just made things go even slower as I was quite clumsy at times. At least I succeeded in putting on a hoodie and then hurry out the door, wearing my sneakers on a cold winter day – I didn’t have time to actually tie my winter boots anyway, so it wasn’t like I had a choice!

I could hear my mom call out for me in the far distance, telling me that I forgot to eat breakfast, though it was less important at that time.

“No, no, no, no! Now I’ll just get such a y subject for my science project! Such as cheese ripening! Or how frogs digest their food! Eww!” Just the mere thought of the subjects that might be left made me want to cry. My classmates would laugh so much at me, since we would have to present our projects in front of them all at our finals, the exam being very, very public.

And I just knew, that certain girls from my class would be laughing their asses off.

My eyes grew wide as I could finally see the school gate, and I could even swear, that I could feel a small smile forcing its way onto my lips. There was still about fifteen minutes left for choosing a subject! So I just hoped that at least half of the seniors had been just as unlucky as me and had overslept. There didn’t seem to be many people around the school gate, so my hopes actually lit up.

But unfortunately, the reason why there were no people around the school gate, was because all the people – all the seniors – were already standing in line to pick their subjects. I swear, the line was so long I could barely see the end of it.

That’s when my hope fell to the cold, snowy ground again.

“God damn it! Why don’t you like me?!” I groaned irritated as I looked up at the sky, which actually seemed incredibly blue at that day. It was a bit strange, since there was a lot of snow on the ground, thick enough for my sneakers to sink pretty deep down in it. It , because sneakers aren’t waterproof, which meant that a certain someone – me – was getting freezing, cold socks.

Oh wait… I didn’t have the time to put on socks that day.

“See who is late, as usual,” someone said, quickly gaining my attention as I turned my head to stare at the person talking – yes, stare! Because I could recognize that annoying voice anywhere.

“Guess some things never change, even after years of attending high school,” the same person sighed, swinging her long, blonde hair flawlessly over her shoulder as she rolled her eyes. She was the most popular girl in school – funny how popular girls tend to be es, right? Well, same went for this one. Her face was stunningly beautiful. Her eyes big and round, dark like the deep ocean. Her hair was long, though it had been colored blonde, probably at some overly expensive hair salon. Apart from that, her skin was so clean and white, without a simple pimple or scar, her body was slim, yet she had a few curves here and there.

Oh, yeah! And her fashion sense was always flawless. I had to admit, that I was quite amazed by the fact that she could even walk in high heels on snow and ice without falling.

Guess the nickname Ice Princess had more than one meaning?

“What do you want, Sica?” I asked. The girl’s name was Jessica Jung, daughter and the inheritor of one of the biggest fashion magazine productions in Asia – Crystals and Fashion. Why was the world so damn unfair, that the world’s iest person should also be so beautiful, and even rich?!

Yes, God definitely hated me.

“Oh, nothing. I already got my subject, so now I’m headed to the school library so I’ll be able to get some of the good books before anyone else, too,” Jessica flashed her dazzling smile at me, even though she knew very well that her acting didn’t work on me – as one of the only people in the entire school. Including the teachers.

“Good for you,” I simply replied without looking back at her, and took a step forward as the line actually moved just a tiny bit.

“See you later, Rin,” she called before waving as she got out of my sight. Some of the guys in front of me in the line looked back at me with puzzled faces as if they wanted to ask why I didn’t wave at the princess.

Buttcracks.

The princess even dared to call me by my nickname, something only my friends were allowed to do – not that I had a lot of friends, and those who were my friends, were mostly the geeks of the school. For some reason I seemed to attract geeks easily with my looks, I had no idea why! It was the same thing when some guy finally would confess for me – he would be a geek, whom I barely even knew, or could only think of as a friend.

I was going to end up alone with seventeen cats in a small apartment I just knew it.

“Park Soorin, it’s your turn!” I heard someone call out as I was torn out from my dream and forced to hurry to go sign up for my subject – if there were any left at this time.

“Please not cheese ripening, not cheese ripening…” I whispered quietly as I looked over the subjects, one of my science teachers sitting by the table where the long list of subjects was. She put on her glasses, which were hung around her neck in a long chain as she looked at the list.

“Too bad, Soorin. That subject is already taken,” my teacher said, letting out a small laugh, “There’s only one thing left.”

“… Frog digesting?” I carefully let out as a small chirp as I looked at my teacher with a scared expression on my face.

“No, but I think it’s the first time that the first subject that was picked, was also the last one left,” she said, frowning slightly in confusion. She then pointed at the subject on the list, and I couldn’t help but raise an eyebrow at it.

“… EXO planets?” I murmured quietly, reading the subject out loud.

“It’s a very interesting subject, I think you should deem yourself lucky to have it left, and not things like cheese ripening,” my teacher laughed. As she spoke, my eyes moved to look at the name of the other student who had already signed up for the subject – being the very first student who signed up for a subject at all. His name was written in perfect, curvy letters, making it a bit hard to believe that it was actually a boy’s name.

The strangest thing was, however, that I had never heard about anyone on my school with that name before, so I turned to look at my teacher with a confused stare.

“… Who is Kim Jongin?” 


A/N: 

First chapter is out! ;; u ;; 

I'm sorry I didn't update before now~ Forgive me~

Hope you like it so far, though! ^-^/ ~ 

Comments are love ~