` ACACIA BLOSSOM

Forget-Me-Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

ACACIA BLOSSOM - "Concealed Love"

 

Taemin stirred in his sleep. He kept on moving from left to right. Cold sweats coming out all over his body. He clenched on his blanket. I'm sorry. I need to leave. He heard voices. But there should be no one in his room. Yes, it must be a dream. No, I don't mind them Oppa. Don't leave. He heard a girl's voice this time. Taemin frowned. He was familiar with that voice. I can’t. You won’t be happy with me. Sorry, Naeun. Taemin’s eyes shot open when he heard the name. He sat up on his bed, trying to think through the dream again. He was dreaming about.. Naeun and him? Is it a part of his memories? What happened, exactly?

 

Taemin looked at the watch in his phone and widened his eyes. It was already 11 in the morning. Yesterday Naeun called him to wake him up, why didn’t she today? They promised each other they would go to the Optical Illusion Museum today. Taemin frowned and changed his clothes. Man, did he stink. But whatever. Taemin picked up his room’s phone and dialed Naeun’s number. He tapped his index finger to the table while waiting for her to pick up. When she finally picked up, he looked up.

 

“Naeun? Are you awake?” Taemin asked over the phone. “Oh, Oppa?” Naeun said. Her voice sounded hoarse. This made Taemin frown again. “Are you sick?” Taemin asked again. There was a brief silence. Then Naeun didn’t answer but only laughed quietly. Taemin clicked his tongue and stood up. “Open the door for me. I’m going to your room now,” Taemin said and he hung up the phone. He took his phone, wallet, and jacket and went to Naeun’s room. He rang the bell and Naeun opened the door immediately. Taemin observed her face. Her cheeks are burning and her lips are pale. She put on a jacket over her pajamas and her body looked like they will drop any time soon. But, she still put on a weak smile.

 

Taemin pushed Naeun in gently and he got in to her room. He felt like a ert but whatever. Even Naeun’s shoulders felt hot in his hands. She must be really sick considering that she didn’t say much. “Oppa, I’m fine,” Naeun said with a really hoarse voice. Taemin pushed her and made her sit on her bed. Then he crouched down and looked straight at her eyes. “Listen. Don’t speak too much, rest here, and.. where’s the room key?” Taemin asked as he looked around. Naeun pointed to the desk beside the TV and Taemin nodded. “I’ll be borrowing that for a while. In the meantime, go back to sleep until I get back okay?” Naeun hesitantly nodded at Taemin’s words. Taemin grabbed Naeun’s room’s key and immediately went out of the room.

 

When he closed the door, he stopped and think. He felt like he just did all that unconsciously. It was like he HAD TO take care of her. He shook his head to stop himself from thinking so much and started walking. The first thing he have to do was to get Naeun a breakfast and some medicines. He put on his jacket and hoodie and lowered his head to make sure nobody sees his face. He tucked in his hands in his jacket pocket to check if he brought everything he needed. Yep, checked.

 

Taemin casually walked into a drug store near the hotel after asking the hotel receptionist where the nearest drug store and cheap restaurant were. He took some cold medicines and took it to the cashier. In the counter, he saw some candies. Ribbon-shaped candies. There were many colours, but for some reason the cream-colored and the blue-colored attracted him the most. He kept on staring at them. "Sir?" the cashier called him. Taemin snapped out of his daze and he grabbed the candies. "These too, please," Taemin said while giving the cashier a polite smile. He grabbed the plastic bag after he finished paying and went back to the hotel.

 

------

 

Taemin swiped the key card and opened the door of Naeun's room. He figured she might be sleeping so he did it as quiet as possible. He entered the room and just right, he found her with her eyes closed on the bed. Taemin walked over to her and put his hands over her forehead. It was hot. Hotter than before. Taemin sighed and ruffled his hair. On the way back to the hotel, he also bought some chicken porridge so Naeun can eat before taking her medicines. Taemin took the chicken porridge bowl out and prepare everything on the table. Then he walked over to Naeun.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter