` EPILOGUE

Forget-Me-Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His white suit fluttered about as he walked back and forth. He was in makeup, but it didn't hide the anxiety in his face. He kept on fiddling his fingers.

 

"Yo!" Someone tapped his shoulder and shouted really loudly at his ear. Moonkyu. "Groom, why are you so fidgety? You'll ruin your makeup."

 

"Jesus," the Groom, Taemin, said. He kicked his Best Man's leg until the latter stumbled, but Moonkyu just laughed. Taemin is amusing whenever he gets anxious, he had claimed.

 

"I'm not fidgety. Who's fidgety? I'm not fidgety!" Taemin said in denial. Such pride, even though he was moving like a lost hamster just before.

 

Moonkyu gave him a meaningful look while raising his eyebrow.

 

“Okay fine, I am fidgety,” Taemin finally admitted. Moonkyu grinned in victory hearing his best friend’s answer and threw his arms around Taemin’s shoulder violently.

 

“Calm down, man, okay? What if you trip while walking on the aisle because you are nervous? I would laugh the loudest, of course. But that would be embarrassing for you, dude!” Moonkyu said, encouraging Taemin.

“I can’t tell if you’re mocking me or cheering me up but thanks,” Taemin said, taking a deep breath.

 

Taemin was used to getting dressed up. All his life he had already went through so much dressing up that it shouldn’t have been something unusual. But that day, Taemin felt so suffocated where his tie was. His face felt heavy and hot with all the makeup.

 

"Come on. If you're this nervous then how do you think the Bride feels? Man up, dude," Moonkyu said as he sat down on the only chair in the room.

 

"I know, but-" Taemin didn't get to finish what he wanted to say as the door swung open just before he could. A female staff from the building entered the room and bowed to Taemin and Moonkyu.

 

“The bride is ready,” the staff said. “Please follow me.”

 

Moonkyu snickered and elbowed Taemin so hard, pushing the latter to start walking. Taemin gulped nervously and nodded at the staff, following her to the room where his bride was waiting in.

 

When the door to his bride was opened, Taemin entered very slowly. Then he saw his bride--sitting on the chair with her long white wedding gown. Her brunette hair was tied up, showing her slender neck. Around her head was a flower crown, and on her hands was a bouquet of flowers.

 

She was really beautiful. A goddess in flesh.

 

“Dude, your mouth. Your mouth,” Moonkyu said, nudging Taemin repeatedly. Taemin quickly closed his mouth, but he kept on staring at his bride.

 

“Oppa,” Naeun called him shyly. Her face started to blush the longer Taemin stared at her. At her calling, Taemin finally returned back to Earth.

 

He wanted to say something. Something like ‘you’re so beautiful’, or ‘you are the prettiest bride I’ve ever seen’, or even ‘the breakfast was delicious’. But he couldn’t utter a word. He was at a loss. He felt like anything he said would not even match the beauty of the woman in front of him.

 

“I..” He finally managed to say. “I love you.”

 

Naeun covered her face with the bouquet, hiding her burning face. Both she and Taemin stayed quiet and just looked at each other bashfully.

 

Moonkyu, who couldn’t stand the quietness, finally cleared his throat to get the couple's attention.

 

"I can't take any more of this lovely atmosphere. I'll be outside if you need me!" He said, storming outside the room as fast as a bird.

 

Taemin and Naeun looked back at each other and chuckled at the same time. Taemin walked closer to Naeun and reached for her hands that were clasped together. He squeezed them in his hands and smiled warmly at his bride.

 

"Let's hope I don't stutter," Taemin said, grinning playfully. Naeun smiled imagining that.

"Well let's hope I don't trip," she said, squeezing his hand back.

 

---

 

Naeun didn't trip.

 

She walked down the aisle hand in hand with her father. He helped her walk down the aisle smoothly by holding onto her arm strongly. His grip was so strong that when it was time to hand his oldest daughter to Taemin he wouldn't let go for a good ten seconds, earning laughs from all guests.

 

Naeun smiled at Taemin from behind her veil before having her hand rested on his arm. He glanced at her lovingly as he lead her to the priest.

 

It was the beginning of their union when they stepped forward to the priest.

 

"Son Naeun," Taemin began talking after the priest told him to. "The one and only woman who saw me for me," he paused. "Aside from my mom, of course."

 

The entire guests erupted into laughter as Taemin cracked a joke in the middle of saying something serious like a vow.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter