Porter La Guigne

The Ragdoll

" I wonder how was I dragged into this?" I sigh walking into the dark forest that they so - called 'haunted'.

If I do sarcastically say for myself, I am just a happy girl who likes kiddy pools and jump over the rainbow.Otherwise, I am called the emotionless loner with the heart of cold steel.Or so they confidently say.

I remembered how their faces are shown full of pride overshadowing their fear,"Why don't we send her ?" And they took a glance at me.Seeing how I got the reputation of the emotionless cynic of the school and supposedly not afraid of anything, I don't blame them for choosing me. I took big steps over the big broken branches and stones on the way to my destination.It's so cold that I could see my breath fogging in the air.

 

I stopped in my tracks as I looked up to see the abandoned house in front of me.I examined it for a bit while and frankly, I've seen scarier ones.

I nodded my head in approval" Not bad" I commented as I stepped inside.

The wooden floor creaked as I walked in,but how could it not?The house is really old after all and I doubt anyone who could ever live here wouldn't last a week here without having it repaired.I looked around.I 

Gross.But then I had to keep searching for any 'hot topic' to give to my classmates...if I can.I kept touring around the house, with a little time for myself to spare from my almost boring life.I thought for a minute that there was absolutely nothing that seemed eerie, but then I spoke too soon.

*creak* A door creaked open ever so slightly.I immediately turned to the source of the sound and found a rusty metal door blocked by the antique furniture.I was intrigued,"What do we have here?" I swooped down to duck the dangling air vent and finally took a clear look of this strange door.

There was a writing embedded on the door that read,"Porter La Guigne." I was confused of what that could possibly mean.All I was sure of that the writing was in French and its definition was anything but the ordinary. 
For about 2 minutes, I contemplated myself if I should open the door or not.*Should I?*

 

I shook my head saying 'Screw it' and slightly pushed the door open.When I looked at the inside, all there was to be seen was plain darkness in every direction I laid my eyes on.I searched for a light switch of some sort to light up the darkness but to no avail.I then took my flashlight and tried to turn it on.When it didn't, I lightly shook it and hit it with my hand which did the trick.

I examined my flashlight blankly," I should replace this thing."

I shook my head off from that matter and went in the door.Using the barely lit up flashlight of mine, I flashed it in random directions and all I could see was blood, pieces of skin and staples.

Wonder where that came from, huh?

I picked up a staple that seemed to be caught up in someone's skin from the blood on the edges.I set it aside and continued walking to who knows where.As I walked, I kept thinking who could be gloomy enough to have so much blood in a single room until I heard a sudden scream.

I turned to the direction of the scream.Instead of running away like most people would, I walked towards the source of the sudden disturbance.I was more curious than I was scared by tenfolds.

The scream became more audible as I walked to its direction and I subconciously grabbed anything that's big and hard. I kept walking slowly until I found a doorway.It had dim lighting from the inside so I sort of seen some things as I peeked in.

*What is this place?* I thought.