Chapter 18

We Belong Together

Back in the diner, Junmyeon is silently watching Minseok brushed Sehun's fringe away from his eyes as he placed kisses on the sleeping boy's chubby cheeks. After the little boy brought up the awkward question, Minseok tried his best to silence the boy with airplane sounds as he fed Sehun with ice cream. At first, his efforts were all futile since Sehun is crying fat tears as he asked for Uncle Xiao Lu, making his father frustrated at the desperate calls of his son.

It was a good thing that Junmyeon decided to help the father to calm down his son by telling him stories about animals and drinks with bubble balls inside. The interesting stories did its job of diverting Sehun's attention from his Uncle Xiao Lu. With the comforting hug of his father and the calming hums, the litte boy managed to get a nap, making the two adults sighed in relief.

"So," Junmyeon called out as he finished the banana split that Sehun failed to finish. "How did Sehun know his father?"

Minseok shot him a glare for asking that taboo question. He quickly dropped the act when his son squirmed in discomfort in his arms. "Sehun doesn't know anything," he murmured silently as he hugged his son a little bit tighter, showing his over-protective aura. "And, I want to keep it that way."

Hearing the answer from his hyung, Junmyeon stared at him for seconds before he put down his spoon to talk. "I don't mean to interfere with your decisions, hyung. But, isn't it selfish of you to hide Sehun from Luhan?"

"He has no right to be Sehun's father," Minseok uttered angrily as he gripped on his knuckles. "He left me all alone in the sinking ship, watching me drown as the cold water eats me alive."

"Yes, you have suffered a lot of misery," Junmyeon calmly explained as he took Minseok's hand. "But that didn't make you have the right to denounce Luhan from his title as Sehun's father. You may be the one who carried and brought Sehun in this world. But without Luhan's help, there will be no pretty boy waking you up with hugs and giggles and kissing your worries away ."

Minseok gazed at the sleeping boy in his arms, looking innocent and naive, not worrying anything in this world.

"Sooner or later, Sehun will going to ask about his father, his other father." the photographer continued. "I'm afraid that one day the lies that you are feeding him will going to make him despise you. I don't want that to happen to you, hyung."

"Me neither," Minseok uttered to the wind as he put his forehead on the child's head.

"All I'm trying to say is that you have to tell him the truth soon. Try to answer his question why your family only consisted of two people. Then, introduce him to Luhan. Even if the two of you aren't in good terms, Sehun still has the right to know his family. Think about Sehun, too, hyung. Don't just think of your bitterness against Luhan."

There was a long stretch of silence, making Junmyeon mentally slapped himself for bringing up this atmosphere. Surely, his twin brother will going to choked him alive if he learned that he just brought the taboo topic on Minseok again. He was quickly snapped out of his thoughts when Minseok spoke.

"I'm not yet ready, Junmyeon." Minseok confessed in a whisper. "I'm afraid. I'm afraid that if I introduce Sehun to Luhan, he will take away my child from me. He had already broken my heart. His parents tried to take Sehun from me. I... I don't want history to repeat and leave me alone on the empty road."

"Hyung, we are here." Junmyeon said as he gripped on Minseok's hand while the elder hyperventilates once again.

"I know. But, Sehun is my life now, Junmyeon." Minseok murmured, his breath becomes irregular because of panic. The trauma before began to play once again infront of his eyes.

"Hyung, calm down." Junmyeon called out as he rushed on his side.

"I will die if they take away Sehun. I will die, Junmyeon." Minseok stated.

The tight grip he has on Sehun manage to wake up the dozing boy in his arms. As soon as the boy opened his eyes, his father's sad expression greeted him. Drowsiness was forgotten as he sprung on Minseok's lap and placed his pudgy hand on his father's face.

"Daddy, why are you sad?" he asked as he pouted in loneliness. Sehun never like seeing his father sad. Turning to his uncle, the boy mustered his meanest glare, though he failed since Junmyeon thinks he looks like an angry kitten. "Did Uncle Junmyeon make you sad?"

Minseok smiled at his son's antics. Bringing the boy into his arms once again and planting kisses all over his face calmed him after a stressful talk. The boy giggled in response as Minseok attacked his vulnerable spot with kisses. "No, Uncle Junmyeon just talked to me."

Junmyeon looked up at him, surprised that Minseok didn't let feed him to an angry kitten. The older man just nodded helpfully to him, quietly thanking him for the meal. The photographer wanted to apologize for bringing up the topic but Minseok cut him off, telling him that he is right and that he should think about it. Just like that, the lunch meal ended peacefully with Sehun headbutting Junmyeon's belly for making his father sad. The little boy hugged and kissed him as a goodbye despite the fact that he hurted the older man.

While walking on their way back home, Minseok was holding Sehun's little hand as the boy skipped on his feet, singing nursery rhymes under his breath. The conversation he had with Junmyeon replayed in his mind and he found himself lost and helpless. He suddenly stopped walking, making Sehun look up at his father questioningly. Minseok just sighed as he kneeled down at Sehun's level before putting his hands on the little boy's shoulders.

"Sehun, don't leave Daddy, okay?" he said. "Don't leave Daddy when things started to get bad."

"Sehun will not leave Daddy. I love Daddy so much," Sehun promised before jumping inside his arms, hugging the daylights out of him.

Feeling the warmth of his son' s radiating love, Minseok hugged his son back, contentedly grateful for having a son like him.

 

 

The gentle heat of the sunlight that managed to escape the curtain's veil woke her up. Unlike other kids who will be grumping at the sun for ruining their sleep, Lauren sat up on his yellow bed, rubbing her fists on her sleepy eyes. After yawning and stretching for a full minute, the six-year old girl get up from her bed and fixed it before she walked out of her room to check on her father.

Opening the door with silence, Lauren got a view of her father, sleeping heavily on his bed with the blankets on the side. Tiptoeing inside the room, the girl neatly placed the blanket on his father's body before pecking him with a good morning kiss. With that done, she went to their kitchen, tying her long brown lockets in a ponytail as she fixed their breakfast for their morning.

It was always like this in the Lee's household. Ever since Lauren learned what is right and wrong, Seunggi had thought her how to clean the house and wash her body. But, Lauren is a intelligent girl. Seeing his father returning from work late at night and waking up an ungodly hour, she decided to teach herself how to cook, iron clothes, clean the dishes and use the washing machine. At an early age, Lauren become mature and motherly.

Putting the loaves of bread in the toaster, she started to cook eggs and heat the leftover food in the refrigerator. While the food were being heat up, she started to place the plates on the table as quiet as possible so she will not wake up her father. She was in the middle of flipping the cooked eggs on a spare plate when the doorbell rang.

Worried that it might wake up her tired father, the six-year old rushed to the door, taking a peek in the hole for safety. She was greeted by a sight of a giggling toddler and before she knew it, she was opening the locks of the door in an excited hurry. In just seconds, she was tackled in a hug by a little boy who was giggling on her neck. 

"Lauren, why are you not wearing your uniform? Your class will start soon," Minseok panicked before he took his son away so that Lauren can move.

"I was preparing breakfast for Appa." Lauren sheepishly said as she rubbed her neck shyly.

Minseok stared at the girl for a moment, a look of surprise on his face. Patting the girl's shoulder, he ushered the kids inside the house and closed the door for safe measure. "Go, take a bath. I'll cook the breakfast." he said, making the girl smile at him brightly.

Sehun, seeing his noona walking away from him, decided to follow her. The thoughts of playing with Lauren excites him as he rushed to Lauren's side with his action figures in his hands. But before he can take a step, his father carried him and put him on a chair, not letting him play with his noona. Frustrated by the grip of the chair around his little body, Sehun started to whine, putting on his bambi eyes as he wailed to be free.

"I want to play with noona! I want to play with noona!" he wailed as he thrashed around.

Instead of reprimanding the little boy, Minseok put his finger on his lips, telling his son to keep quiet. "Uncle Seunggi is sleeping, Sehun. Don't wake him up."

With that, Sehun shutted his mouth down as he stared at his father with wide eyes. "Appa is thleeping?"

Ever since Sehun learned how to talk, he started to call Seunggi appa since he can't pronounce uncle and his favorite noona called him like that. Though Minseok feels uncomfortable when Sehun call Seunggi his Appa, he decided not to scold the boy since it will just make Sehun grumpy. And, a grumpy Sehun is not a good sight for this beautiful morning. Minseok continue cooking breakfast while he let his son play with his toys on his chair to occupy him. Lauren soon appeared in the dining area in her uniform as soon as he placed the food on the table. Smiling happily at the breakfast, she quietly thanked the older man, making Minseok pat her head.

Lauren was supposed to wake her father up so that he can eat breakfast with them. But, Seunggi emerged in the dining area, the sleepiness still clinging on him.

"Appa!" Lauren called before she raced to her father to kiss him.

Sehun turned to the man before a bright smile appeared on his face. "Appa!" he too called.

Seunggi rubbed away the sleepiness in his eyes before kneeling down to greet his girl. He then walked towards the table and patted the head of little Sehun. He smiled at Minseok who has a trouble calming his excited son who is scheming to follow Seunggi.

"I'm sorry for barging in your house without permission," Minseok said, lifting Sehun to his arms so that he will not disturb Lauren who is quietly eating.

"No, it's okay." Seunggi replied as he sat down on his chair. "You helped to cook breakfast anyway." he said before wiping his daughter's mouth which is stained by the kimchi.

"Do you have work today?" Minseok asked who nodded at what Sehun is babbling as the boy waved his figurines before his face.

"Later this evening," Seunggi answered. "Sit down, Minseok."

Lauren looked up at her plate to watch his father patted the chair beside him. After placing Sehun on his chair, Minseok sat beside his father. There was a glint of happiness in her eyes as he watched her father chuckled while Minseok placed a generous amount of fried rice on her father's plate. Biting the smile forming on her lips, Lauren concentrated on the meal that it is on her plate.

"I have something to tell you," Minseok said anxiously. "My best friend found me a job last week and I am supposed to work there today."

"Really?" Seunggi muffled as he swallowed the rice in his mouth. "Why are you still here? You should go now."

"I can't," the other replied as he watched his son playing with his toys on the chair. "I need someone to take Sehun to the daycare."

Seunggi didn't answer for a while, finishing his plate of breakfast before he rose from his seat. "I will take Sehun to the daycare. Go to your work now. Your boss will not be happy with your first tardiness."

"But..."

"No buts, Minseok." Seunggi said as he gently ushered the younger one to the door. "I will take care of Sehun."

He was hesitant to leave his son once again to the hands of the Lee's. Not that he doesn't trust the family, but he was beyond ashamed to push Sehun to Seunggi's arms for an excuse of work. Seunggi put a hand on his shoulders and smiled encouragingly at him. And with that, Minseok sighed in defeat before he strode to Sehun's side.

"Sehun, be a good boy," Minseok said, making the boy to look up at him. "Uncle Seunggi here will take you to the daycare. After school, you could play with Lauren-noona. I will be back soon. Eat your meal, okay?"

The boy nodded at his words before his father kissed his forehead. Minseok then turned to Lauren who seems unusually happy when he stepped beside her. "Lauren, I'm so sorry. But, is it okay if you will take care of Sehun later? I have work to do."

"Don't worry. I'll take care of him," the girl recited before hugging the older in which Minseok returned with a hug, too. "Have fun at work, Daddy!"

Minseok was stunned by the word that Lauren called him. He might known the girl for four years and he knows that the girl always call him Uncle or sometimes, Oppa. He was brought back to reality when Seunggi called him by the door, telling him to be fast or he will be late. With that, things were forgotten as Minseok rushed to the door with a final peck on Sehun's lips.

In just an instance, Lauren and Sehun were left in the dining room as they heard little chatterings. The girl looked at Sehun whose lips were trembling as soon as his father was gone. Like a good girl she is, Lauren left her plate empty and walked towards the little boy and brought him to an embrace.

"Don't cry, Sehun. Noona will play with you." she said as she rubbed the little boy's shoulders.

"Noona will play with Sehun?" the boy asked as he rubbed his fists aaginst his teary eyes.

"Yes," Lauren chirped happily. "After school, we're going to play all day and eat cookies. Then, Appa and Daddy will come back home to eat with us."

Sehun nodded at the girl's comforting words before pushing his toys to his noona, beaming at her to encourage her to play too. The girl happily imitated voices in her favorite cartoon shows, making Sehun clapped and squealed in delight at the life of his toys.

"You know, Sehun," Lauren started. "We can play everyday if Appa and your Daddy marry. We'll be like a happy big family." she whispered as she patted Sehun's head. The little boy was so immersed playing his toys that he just nodded at his noona's words, making Lauren happy.

"I wish Appa and your Daddy marry soon," Lauren wished, crossing her little fingers.

 

 

Minseok was quietly sitting on one of the opulent sofa chairs, waiting for the receptionist to call his name for an interview. His fingers were wringing his dress shirt, ruining the neatness and firmness of the shirt. Sensing that he can't occupy his fingers with worry, he took a spare magazine on the table and tried his best to concentrate on the woman who is wearing red stencil dress on the paper. But, everything he could think of is the possibility to screw his interview.

He was about to call Jongdae in order to bother his frantic bestfriend when the receptionist announced his name, asking him to follow her. As quick as a hare, Minseok rose from his seat, almost stumbling on his feet as he scurried to the woman. While walking towards the office of his soon-to-be boss, the receptionist decides to talk to him.

"Oh Xiumin, right?" the woman asked. Minseok just nodded shyly as he stared at the sophisticated walls of the company. "So, you're the lucky person who was transferred from the GG Avenue to here in ACUT Corporation."

With the new profound knowledge, Minseok turned to her and stared at her with confusion written on his face. "Excuse me, Miss, but what did you said?"

The woman who was walking looked at him. "Don't you know? You're supposed to be working in the fashion industry. But, the owner of that company decided to transfer you here in this company because of your educational background."

Minseok was about to ask for more details but the woman opened the great door and politely ushered him inside. Questions and curiousity was soon replaced by insecurity and worry when he spotted his boss, his back on him, talking on his phone. There was an evident anger in his tone and he was beyond scared to interrupt the man. The call ended with an angry statement before the man turned to him, his brows arched when he spotted Minseok before him, making Minseok almost pee in his pants.

"And, who are you?" he asked, his tone raised with irritation.

"I'm the applicant, Sir, for the vacant position in the Maintenance Department," Minseok answered with his head bowed in fear of seeing those angry eyes. 

"Well, have a seat, then." his boss said curtly before he flopped on his chair unceremoniously.

Minseok followed his orders, gently sitting on the rich leather chair. His sweaty hands were placed on his lap after putting his resume on the table for his boss to see. The man took it like a spoiled child taking candy from a kid before he surveyed his application form in boredom. Thinking that he should start telling about himself, Minseok straighten on his seat and looked straight at his boss' eyes.

Think about Sehun, Minseok thought.

"I'm Oh Xiumin, 29 years old. A Software Engineer graduate from Tsinghua University. I did a job training in Intel Corporation here in Korea for six months. I--"

"You graduated four years ago yet you still didn't get a job in a decent company?" his boss asked with a mocking tone in his voice.

Minseok gulped down his worry as he remembered the lines he had practiced with Jongdae when unfamiliar questions brought up. "Yes, Sir. I didn't apply for a job right away because I was waiting for a spot in this company. This is actually my dream company."

Lies. Although he is desperate to get a job in this company, he was far more interested in this corporation since his dream company is Intel Corporation. It was a pity that he didn't get the job offered by him by the corporation since Sehun was still a baby back then.

The boss stared at his profile for another minute before he closed the folder to look straight at Minseok's eyes. Yet he wanted to avert his eyes from the stern-looking man, Jongdae had warned him to always keep eye-contact with his interviewer and oozed the confidence they were searching for.

"Why should I hire you?" the man asked with a challenge.

Minseok took a deep breath before he answered the question. "I may not take a decent job from other companies but I can guarantee that I'm an excellent worker. If you will see my transcript record in that folder, you will see the evidence of my intellectual capability and astounding rewards from different contests. I also did an OJT in a well-known company. You can see their guarantee letter at the back of my transcript record."

There was silence that covered the office as the boss surveyed his folder once again with an impassive expression. As soon as he closed the folder, he stood up from his seat and offered a handshake with Minseok. There was a smile threatening to appear on his lips when his boss offered the handshake first.

"Thank you, Mr. Oh. We will call you soon," the man said.

That sentence crashed Minseok's hope when he was ushered to the door. He knows well that it means that he did not get the job and that he has no hope of making a bright future for his family. With that, he solemnly walked out of the room, bowing in thanks to the man, before he continued walking towards the elevator of the company. He was already inside the elevator, waiting for the door to close, when the girl in the receptionist desk appeared before him, huffing out of breath.

"I'm sorry for announcing this late. But, Mr. Oh, you will start the job tomorrow." the receptionist said before the elevator door closed down.

 

 

"I got the job!" Minseok exclaimed when he got home as soon as possible. Well, in this case, Seunggi's house since he left Sehun there. The man was trying to help Lauren flip a fried fish using chopsticks when he heard the news. He quickly abandoned his daughter for a moment to look incredulously to Minseok, who was busy throwing a giggling Sehun in the air.

"Really?" he asked.

"Yes," Minseok answered as he put down Sehun on the floor once again before kissing him in the forehead. The toddler gleefully gathered his toys and stormed to the living room to play, leaving the two adults to talk. "I will start tomorrow."

"That is great. Congratulations, by the way." Seunggi greeted. "When will your shift start?"

"At seven o'clock in the morning." Minseok answered, slightly biting his lips in worry when he remembered that Sehun needs to be sent to the daycare at that time. "Is it fine with you if you Sehun to the daycare once again? I promise to ask my friends to do that. But, right now, they are not in the country."

Seunggi pondered for a moment, silently watching his daughter who was expertly flipping the side of the fish. "I can send Sehun and Lauren to school. But the problem is that I can't pick Sehun from the daycare at eleven o'clock. Although I can ask Lauren to pick Sehun there, her class will end at one o'clock. Will that be okay?"

As a father, Minseok knows that his son is a cranky boy. He gets bored easily and threw tantrum when the boy can't see him after his activities. He had a hard time adjusting when he first left Sehun in the daycare. The staff called him a lot because of the tantrums and mischiefs that his son had caused. He already calmed the boy down but when Sehun's concentration popped like a bubble, he will start to whine for his father again.

"I guess I should talk to Sehun about it," he uttered. "It is Lauren who will take him home. So, I guess he will be fine with it,"

Seunggi nodded at his answer before he turned to Lauren who had put the fried fish on a plate, readying it to serve. "Since the dinner is ready, why don't you eat here, Minseok?"

At the mention of 'dinner', Sehun suddenly appeared in the dining area, quickly running to his favorite spot to sit. Minseok blushed at his son's manners, quietly scolding himself for not reminding Sehun that they are not in their house. Before he can open his mouth, he found Sehun lifting his arms to Seunggi, asking him to carry him. The man let out a chuckle before carrying the boy to his seat. Sehun wiggled his shoulders as he took the spoon on the table, waiting for the rice to appear.

"Uncle, you should sit here," Lauren called out, snapping Minseok out of his second-hand embarrassment.

Sighing in defeat, Minseok sat on the table unwillingly, bowing at Seunggi for crashing at their house once again. The older man waved the bow before filling Sehun's little bowl with rice. Silently panicking when his four-year old son started to shove the big spoon inside his mouth, Minseok forgot his awkwardness as he helped Sehun with his meal. With that, they enjoyed a heartful dinner with peaceful mind and hopeful souls.

 

 

He was in the elevator, waiting for the lift to take him to his designated floor. His hands occasionally finding the smooth fabric of his tie to ease stress. No, he was not fixing the tight constrict of his tie around his neck. This is his first day in work, a decent work for his course. And, Minseok was beyond anxious as he watched the number turned into seven from six that made his hands clammy and shaky. He was in the verge of turning back when the door opened, shocking him out of his wits. He turned to the screen over the door, only to find that he was still in the eighth floor. His floor is on the twelfth.

"He is a ing ! I would love to shove my pink stapler in his huge mouth!" the man sneered as he entered in the lift. Perhaps, he was too angry to realize that he was not alone in the elevator since he didn't see Minseok who was staring at him with huge eyes. "Damn, if I don't have to slave my in this company, I would really going to plant his face on the fax machine and send it to his lover,"

The man keep on rambling on how to murder his boss, oblivious that he is scaring Minseok who is dumbly pushing himself to the wall for invisibility. Minseok decided to keep quiet in order not to attract attention from the other but his wallet had failed him, falling on the floor with a loud thump.

The man turned to him, his eyes blazing red from anger. Minseok gulped his fear down, wishing that he could spend a moment with Sehun before he was taken away from earth. As the man walked closer to him, he closed his eyes in fear, clasping his hands in a prayer for Sehun.

"Who are you? Are you the new worker?" the man kindly asked. Minseok opened his eyes slowly, blinking at the process that the man before him turned into a smiling angel. Sensing that he was taking too long to answer, he nodded immediately.

A wide smile spread on the man's face. He quickly offered a hand before he introduced himself. "I'm Byun Baekhyun. And, you are?"

"Ki--Oh Xiumin!" Minseok answered, taking the hand and shaking it.

Baekhyun nodded with a smile at him before he stood besides Minseok. "I'm sorry for scaring you. I was so angry with my boss for ordering me useless things. I mean, he can do those things with his own ing hands! Why need to order other people?" he angrily huffed.

Feeling obligated to speak, Minseok let out the first question he had in mind. "What did he ask you to do?"

"He sent me to the eighth floor to get a box of A4 bond papers." Baekhyun answered with a pout, hugging the heavy box that Minseok guessed was filled with papers. "I know you're thinking it was normal for a boss to ask his worker to do that. But, damn, my of a boss has a supply of bond papers in the drawers of his table."

"Maybe, he ran out of papers," Minseok reasoned out.

"Yeah, maybe he ran out of papers since his drawers are full of bottle of lubes and condoms," the other sneered.

Before Minseok could even react, the elevator opened with a ding, announcing that they have reached their designated floor. The both of them stepped out of the lift, making Baekhyun smiled at him with glee.

"You're going to work in this floor, too?" the man asked. Minseok answered with a nod. His new friend would have jump on him in excitement but was halted when an angry voice reached their ears. There were footsteps heard behind them and before they could even react, an irritated question was thrown at them.

"Mr. Byun, why did you take such a long time to get those papers?"

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, showing Minseok his lack of respect for his boss. He then turned to his back with a smile on his face, bowing sweetly at his boss with the box of papers in his arms.

"Good day, sir. I apologize for my tardiness. The elevator was not working well a while ago so I have to use the emergency staircase." he reasoned out with voice as sweet as honey.

His boss narrowed his eyes at him, silently searching for lies in his worker's eyes. When he found none, he turned his eyes on the other man who was watching them with curious eyes. With that, he sent Minseok an intimidating gaze.

"And, who are you?" he asked.

He was about to answer the question with wavering voice when Baekhyun stepped forward with a confident smile.

"Mr. Kim, this is Oh Xiumin, the new worker. He'll be working as a software engineer in this department," Baekhyun explained confidently.

His boss nodded at him before turning to look at Minseok, his eyes slicing the man with his piercing gaze. With a final gaze, his boss nodded at him in approve.

"Well, good morning, Mr. Oh. I'm Kim Kibum, the Head of this Department. I supposed you still don't know the way in this office." his boss said. He then turned to Bakehyun who was staring at him with that smile once again. "Mr. Byun, you can leave those papers in my office. Then, tour Mr. Oh around. That's all. Dismiss."

With that well-explained, their boss turned his back to them to enter the lift. When the intimidating man was gone, Baekhyun's smile turned into a frown, muttering a soft to the air. Minseok was not sure if he needs to reprimand the younger man with his attitude around their boss but this is their first meeting and he is sure to himself that doesn't want a quarrel at his first day of work.

He suddenly felt a hand around his wrist and before he knows it, he was being dragged somewhere by Baekhyun.

"Where are we going, Baekhyun?" Minseok asked politely even though he was stumbling in his steps.

"I'm going to show you around the department. But first, let me take these papers in the 's office," he answered, making Minseok cringe at the loud insult that he had thrown.

 

 

The weeks flew by peacefully for Minseok. Although he agrees with Baekhyun that their boss is a big , he loves his new job, ocassionally helping his other co-workers with programs. His colleagues admired his intelligence in the field, complimenting his good skills. He was not feeling out of place or alone in this new working place. Plus, Baekhyun is here to help him adjust and interact with the other people. The man even proclaimed that he will be his cubicle buddy for the rest of their lifetime.

After learning about his bestfriend coming back from Japan, Minseok begged Jongdae to take Sehun from the daycare since his shift will start in the evening. With a few bribes here and there, he managed to make Jongdae agree in the deal. Though sometimes Seunggi brought Lauren and Sehun to school, Jongdae is the one who take the two childrens to their home before driving off to work. Everything falls back in harmony, letting Minseok be contented in what he have.

So, there he was, quietly munching on his sandwich as he searched for the error in his program. The sandwich was brought by Baekhyun after the latter visited a diner nearby, commenting about how good their sandwiches are. Minseok just nodded at his stories, enjoying his food and coffee, when his phone rang a few times.

Putting his lunch down, Minseok took his phone and answered the call with a muffled hello.

"Minseok!" Jongdae called out in alarmed. It was a rare moment to hear the man called out like that.

"What is it, Jongdae?" he asked, trying to swallow the food in his mouth.

"You need to go here now! Sehun is having an asthma attack!"

 


Author's Note:

yeah, i know that the chapter focus solely in minseok. but, i promise to
add the others in the next chapter. i just need this chapter as a bridge.
since the story is falling back to peace, i'm planning to spice things

up for the next chapter. like really spice it up. i'll give you hints: reuniting,
new love, and the first strike of trouble. so, once again, get your gears up.

anyway, i like this new aff. it looks good and formal for me. lol.
i need to get going now. i have a quiz in physics tomorrow. -.-
wish me good luck. /winks/
have a good day. toodles~
see you in the next chapter.