The Devil Loves Me

The Devil Loves Me

During the first time I saw him all I could think was, "y".

y. Hot. Gorgeous.

Words that I would never use to describe guys but he made me think of those words over and over again.

It was the first day of junior year. I was just like everyone else, excited to start the new school year. Laughter and excitement with a little bit of nervousness filled the halls.

He came in and everyone stopped whatever they were doing to stare at the new boy walking through the doors.

He had a certain aura that exudes confidence. He walked like a supermodel. He was like a magnet that attracted everyone's attention.

He had red hair that resembled flames, smoldering intense dark grey eyes, a perfect nose, full kissable lips and an amazing jaw. He was absolutely gorgeous.

But for me, the only think he lacked was... he wasn't beautiful.

For a person to be beautiful, they have to have that quality, that something that makes them beautiful. That something cannot be defined nor explained and he just didn't have it.

Everyone talked about him, the hot new guy.

During the first two weeks at school, he was alone and he didn't talk to anybody. He just kept to himself and he would sometimes not attend his classes.

Then suddenly, out of the blue, he introduced himself to me on Monday of the third week. 

I was shocked why he chose to introduce himself to me. I was also suprised at his demeanor. I expected him to be arrogant and impolite but he was completely different. He was gentle, polite and he introduced himself like a gentleman. I fell in love with him at that very moment and I shyly introduced myself too. 

The next week he asked me out on a date and I couldn't say no.

I was so nervous because it was my first date and also because I am going out with a mysterious handsome boy whom I fell in love with.

He told me to wear something nice, so I chose my pretty white lace dress.

It was a bit longer than the usual dresses that girls my age wear but I prefer its length because I do not like showing too much skin. It also had long fitted sleeves.

When he saw what I was wearing, a gentle appreciative smile formed in his face. He told me I looked lovely.

We ate dinner at a fancy restaurant. I concluded he was rich because that restaurant was the most expensive in the city.

After dinner. he immediately drove me home which I really appreciated because I don't like going home late. 

I thanked him for the wonderful dinner and bid him goodnight. I thought he was going to leave right away but he walked me to the doorstep and kissed my hand like a gentleman.

After a few more dates, we officially became a couple. He formally asked me if I could be his girlfriend and I gladly said yes. 

Our relationship was very chaste. We didn't hold hands, hug and kiss. He just took me out to lunch and dinner or we would go to beach or ride bikes together or just have a walk in the park. I loved him more and more because of that.

But I never really got to know him even if we spent a lot of time together. He doesn't talk often and he would just let me talk while he would listen attentively. He was still a mystery.

During our sixth month anniversary, we had an extra special dinner, complete with delicious food and champagne. it was amazing and I was so happy.

After the dinner, we walked around the park until we reached the fountain. There we sat on a nearby bench and he told me words that made my heart stop.

"I love you" he said then he kissed me.

His lips felt like they were on fire as they touched mine.

His kiss was soft but passionate. It was short but full of love.

I told him I loved him too.

That night I slept like I was in a cloud but a dream woke me up.

I dreamt of an angel talking to me. Telling me that the boy I love is no boy but he is the... devil.

The angel told me to kill him with the sword that the angel was giving me.

I was confused and afraid but the angel told me that only I can kill him because I am the one he loves and only love can defeat evil.

I didn't want to kill him because I loved him so much but the angel showed me a sight that made every hair on my body stand.

The angel showed me the world in flames. The person I love was standing on top the ash of what was left of the world and he was laughing like a maniac. 

The angel warned me that if I didn't kill him, the vision would come true.

I woke up right after that. I was panting heavily and covered in sweat.

Only a dream.

Only a dream.

Only a dream.

I told myself over and over but the sword that the angel gave to me in my dream was right infront of me.

I was afraid. I didn't want to kill him but I was also afraid of the vision that the angel showed me. I thought for a moment if I should follow what the angel commanded.

I think that what the angel commanded me to perform was the right thing to do.

I hid the sword in my backpack so he won't see. I sneaked out of our house and walked to his house.

He once showed me where he lived and it was only a few blocks away from mine. He lived in a mansion all by himself.

I arrived at his mansion after a few minutes and I didn't hesitate to knock.

It was as if something took over me.

He opened the door after the second knock. He was surprised to find me outside his door. He welcomed me inside without any questions.

He told me he couldn't sleep and I offered to sing a lullaby for him.

He gladly accepted it and asked me to sit beside him on the couch. He laid his head on my lap and I sang him a soft lullaby.

He closed his eyes and his face looked so peaceful that for a second I thinked about not killing him but the thought immediately was gone and I was removing the sword from my backpack.

I continued singing while I raised the sword high in the air. Tears were falling down my face.

I loved him so much and it pains me to kill him but I must do what I have to do to save the world from evil.

I looked at him one more time. He looked so peaceful and for the first time, he looked beautiful in my eyes.

I aimed the sword into his heart and stabbed him with all my strength.

His eyes shot open but the grey eyes that I love weren't there anymore. Instead, red glowing eyes looked at me with pain and shock. I stood away from him.

Blood came out of his heart but it was black in color. 

A few seconds later his body was on fire. I didn't know why it suddenly burst into flames.

I just cried and cried as the fire slowly ate him. It didn't burn the couch which he was lying in.

The fire died after it ate up every part of him until he was nothing. There wasn't even ash left.

I ran away from his mansion.

It was too painful for me.

 

 

The man I love and the man who loves me is the devil.

And I killed him to save the world.