Chapter one

"but I love you"

The loud sound of your phone's alarm woke you up. Your took your phone and turned off the alarm but didn’t bother to wake up yet so you tried going back to sleep.

“Nayoung, wake up! Or you’re going to be late for school!” a yell suddenly was heard 5 minutes later and followed by some loud knocks. You ignored whatever was going on outside your room. Of course no one likes being waken up in the morning unless you’re the one who feel like getting up. Another yell and followed by some knocks could be heard again but this time it was even louder. You were fed up with the noises that you immediately sat up and stomped off your feet towards your bedroom door. “mom can you not yell in the morning? I know when to wake up” you said to your mother as you opened the door. “don’t make a fuss. Get ready quickly or you’ll miss the bus.” She said before she went off.

Done bathing, you put of your school uniform and get your hair done. Another yell telling you to have breakfast could be heard downstairs. “for god’s sake I’ll come down when I want to!” you scowled in front of the mirror.

“make sure you go home with Junhyung today. I don’t want you to stop by at someone’s house like the other day, you’re just going to make the people in the house feel uncomfortable” Your mother said as you were spreading strawberry jam on your bread. You ignored her. “you hear me?” your mother sounded a bit angry. “you should give some response when I’m talking to you” you put down the plastic knife you were holding. “yes I heard you. Now will you please let me have my breakfast peacefully?” sounding a bit irritated. “aigoo can these two women just not fight? It’s still early!” your father who was reading a newspaper in front of you suddenly spoke up. “why can’t you just be nice to your mother just for once?” you didn’t bother to say anything back so you just took the piece of bread then headed out of the house. “look at this kid being rude, I doubt anyone would want to marry her” your father murmured to himself.

Just as you closed the gate of your house, you spotted a figure leaning against a lamp post looking at his watch. “you’re 10 minutes late.” Said the figure but you completely ignored him and kept walking. “yah I literally wasted my 10 minutes waiting for you! You should at least apologize for being late!” you gave no response. “Kim Nayoung! Are you deaf?!” his shout stopped you from walking. You turned around and said “yah Yong Junhyung, you don’t blame me on this. I clearly have told you for so many times before not to wait for me anymore right? You can just go to school by yourself” You stared at him like you were staring at his soul. He let out a sigh. “well still, don’t you feel sorry at all?!” “you’re making a fuss! Let’s just go or we’ll miss the bus.” You walked ahead first. Junhyung who was left behind felt annoyed at your behavior. “now I’m wondering how did we even become friends in first place” murmured Junhyung before following you from behind.


It was finally Monday again, the day which you really hated. You and Junhyung finally arrived at the bus stop. To kill time, you started to listen to songs from your phone, finally you were calmed. Junhyung who was sitting beside you was reading a book. He always spent his time reading, no wonder why he was always in the top 5 in every exam and test. – after waiting for a while, the bus finally arrived. You got up and immediately got into the bus with Junhyung following from behind. As you were looking for empty seats, you spotted a familiar figure sitting at the back, with his head leaning against on the window, trying to sleep. Your steps were stopped, heart was beating even faster and your lips suddenly formed a smile. Junhyung at behind was being impatient. “yah what are you waiting for! palli before someone else takes those empty seats” He lightly pushed you towards those mentioned seats. Once in a while, you pretended to look for something on the bus floor just to glance at the figure at the back. "what a blessed morning indeed" you thought to yourself.


You kept on looking down at the corridor floor as you were heading to your class with a smile on your face with Junhyung walking next to you. “what's up with this kid smiling like a retard in the morning” He thought to himself. – finally arriving at your class, he quickly grabbed your arm to stop you from going in. You turned around to look at him and had that you-actually-dare-to-touch-me? expression on your face. “I’ll walk you home again today. So wait for me in front of the school gate when school finishes.” He then let go of your arm and went to his class which was just next to your class. “I thought he never dared to touch me again after the day I accidentally broke his arm.” You thought before going in.

Just as you were sitting down at your seat, a chubby, short girl walked towards your desk. “Nayoung, did you bring my History book you borrowed last week?” she asked. “ahh I almost forgot. Wait for a sec” you took your bag on the floor and put it on your desk, started searching for the book. “here you go!” you handed over the book. “thanks Nadi for lending it! you sure are the best friend anyone could ever have!” you said while showing your huge smile. “no problem!” she said as she was taking the book. She then took the nearest seat and sat in front of you. “I saw you smiling to ear the moment when you went into the class. Did something happen?” Nadi was being curious as hell. “I finally saw him again today in the bus” a smile plastered on your face. “him? Haneul oppa?" you nodded. "it’s been couple of weeks he didn’t ride bus right” you nodded again. “but why he even bothered to ride a bus again when he can actually tell his driver to send him to school.” “obviously because he wants to have a normal life I guess but Nadi, when you think about it, he’s actually a mystery.” “I guess you’re right. He always spends his time either being alone or read book! Maybe that’s what rich kids usually do!” she said as she slapped your desk. It gave you a shock. “at least he’s warm and nice.” You said back and Nadi caught you smiling like a retard. “and rich! Is that actually why you like him?” she teased you and you lightly hit her head. “look at this kid, making a stupid joke.” "ouch" Nadi rubbed her head where you hit her cutely.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm really trying hard to make this chapter look interesting but I'm sorry if the ideas still don't satisfy you sobs. I hope this doesn't bore you that much. :-\