The Plan

Is Skinship Really That Hard?

“I had a great time, thanks for taking me to the movie theater Kris.” Chaerin thanked. Stepping out of the passenger side of the black van that Kris had opened for her like a gentleman. As Chaerin gazed into Kris’ eyes, she slowly inched her way up to his face, closing her eyes and puckering her lips. But instead of feeling his plump lips against hers, she felt his large hand ruffle her hair gently.

“I’ll text you later, okay?” Kris said with a smile. Stepping inside the van, he waved his hand at Chaerin as he drove back to his dorm.

Chaerin waved back at him with a smile and then let it disappear as the van became out of sight. She slumped her shoulders, letting out a huff as she dragged her feet towards her dorm.


Chaerin slammed the door as she entered her dorm, scaring her members as they scrambled to get to the front door to see what was wrong, but relaxed once they saw it was just their leader.

“Soooo how was the movie date?” Dara asked, tugging on her poor leader’s arm, to spill the details. Ignoring her unnie, Chaerin flopped down on the couch. “Not so good, huh?”

“No it was fine…It’s just that he won’t have skinship with me. Didn’t hold my hand during the movie, or even kiss me goodnight. Nothing! Just a head pat.” Chaerin pouted.

“Really? How could he not have skinship with our y leader!” Bom popped in.

“And hasn’t been a couple of weeks since your first date? You asked him out after the MAMA awards.” Minzy added in, joining in on the girl talk.

“But he has skinship with the Exo members.” Dara commented, rubbing her chin as to look deep in thought. Until she noticed all her members eyes were on her. “What? I watch EXO Showtime!” Dara admitted, throwing her arms up.

“Only to see her Chanyeol.” Bom mumbled under her breath. Resulting in a blushing Dara.

“What?! He has skinship with them but not his girlfriend!” Chaerin yelled exasperatedly. “Ugh, I can’t believe I’m jealous of eleven other guys.”Chaerin said while burying her face in a pillow.

“There, there unnie.” Minzy said, patting her depressed leader’s back. “Wait. You said you felt jealous when you heard that he has skinship with s. Then do the same to us and maybe he’ll feel jealous.” Minzy finished, having a smile due to her brilliant plan.

“But we already do skinship together Minzy.” Chaerin replied.

“Then take it to the extreme. Think of us all as your girlfriends from now on.” Bom proposed.

“Oh, and act like you don’t care, that’s the only way those boys learn!” Dara added, imitating Chaerin’s part in I Don’t Care. She even did the signature finger move.

“You know what. This plan just might work! Thanks for helping me!” Chaerin said, giving each of her member’s a kiss on the cheek before heading to her room.

“I guess the plan starts now.” Minji giggled. 


The following week, 2ne1 won first place at Inkigayo for their newest single Missing You. While they were performing their encore stage, Kris was watching backstage with a smile on his face as his eyes focused on one individual out of the four.

“Hyung, I thought you were here to support us, not stare at the tv screen!” Baekhyun whined.

“Leave him alone, he’s watching his girlfriend sing.” D.O retorted, plopping down on the couch.

“Or he could just be staring at her legs. ert” Chen teased.

After hearing ert, that snapped Kris’ gaze away from the screen and towards a now grinning Chen. “Yah! What did you say!” Kris exclaimed, pointing at Chen.

“Kidding, kidding.” Chen said, with his hands held up in defeat. “Anyways, their stage just ended, why don’t you go congratulate noona since you are her boyfriend.”

“Right, I’ll see you guys later.” And with that Kris quickly walked out the door to go look for Chaerin. He briskly walked through the hallway looking for her. He knew how nervous she was about this comeback so he wants to be the first to congratulate her. As he passed a corner, he saw her walking alone, but with a smile plastered on her face. “Chaerin!” Kris yelled.

Chaerin snapped her head towards Kris and strode her way over to him. “Okay, go time Chaerin. No more skinship towards him but towards my members. Let me the chase-e and he be the chaser.” Chaerin thought.

“Congratulations honey.” Kris congratulated as he brought his hand to pet her hair, but Chaerin didn’t wrap her arms around him like she usually did. “Huh, weird.” He thought.

“Thanks Kris.” Chaerin replied, giving him her eye smile. “Oh! There are my members, gotta go. Tell your members I said hi and good job!” Chaerin said over her shoulder as she left Kris and made her way towards her members. Before turning around, he noticed Chaerin drape her arm around Dara noona and pull her closer. Then giving her a peck on the cheek! Kris stared dumbfounded at what he just saw.

Chaerin glanced back and saw his expression. She wore a grin and whispered, “I think it’s working.” Causing both her and Dara to giggle. 


“I think we should kick it up a notch.” Chaerin said to her members as they entered their dorm. They all thought of what to do next, when suddenly Bom clapped her hands together, startling her group members.

“We could all go to the club, and Chaerin could dance with us or Kris’ group members to make him jealous.” Bom said, feeling smart.

“That sounds good, Minji call your boyfriend Kai to tell him our plan.” Chaerin said.

“He’s not my boyfriend unnie!” A blushing Minji yelled.

“Sure he isn’t.” Chaerin replied sarcastically, rolling her eyes. “Anyways just text him our plan and to tell the rest of s too. Except for Kris of course.”

“Operation jealousy is set for this weekend.”  


“Oh there they are!” Dara pointed to the corner booths that seated twelve handsome men. Chaerin strode over there in her short black mini dress (https://d44ytnim3cfy5.cloudfront.net/assets/4839546/lightbox/VENDOR%20Sequin%20Mini%20Dress%20BLACK.jpg?1325300040) with her members following her.

“Hey guys.” Chaerin greeted with her smile as a chorus of hellos resonated back at her. “Wanna dance Kris?”

“Not right now, Suho and I are going to the bar to drink.” Kris replied, standing up and heading towards the bar.

“Oh well. Let the plan begin. So, who wants to dance?” Chaerin asked with a smirk. Before anyone could answer, Tao had stood up and grabbed Chaerin’s hand, leading her to the dance floor. Tao led her close to the bar, so they were in clear view of Kris and Suho.

Kris glanced back and saw this fortunately. He didn’t jump in to break them apart since they weren’t like grinding on each other, but he did keep his eye out. Glancing back at them every so often. Then he saw Sehun spin her around, away from Tao, and start to dance with her.

“The hell?” Do you see this?” Kris asked Suho, pointing to Chaerin and her new dance partner.

“Yeah, So? We’re in a club, what else do you expect her to do? And it’s not like you were gonna dance with her.” Suho replied, taking a sip of his beer. “If anything, you should be grateful, better to have her dance with our members than some random guy.”

“Still…And you know how I feel about having skinship with Chaerin.” Kris groaned.

“No I don’t. Care to enlighten me?”

“Fine. Number one, she’s still my sunbae. Number two, she’s a badass and…well…I’m not. Number three, I’m…shy when it comes to touching my girlfriend.

“So basically you’re insecure. Anyways, you might wanna look at who’s dancing with Chaerin now.” Suho said, tipping his beer bottle to Chaerin’s general vicinity. Kris turned his head and tightened the grip on his beer bottle at what he saw. Chen was dancing pretty intimately with Chaerin. Chen looked up and saw Kris glaring at him, so he made a smug grin and then went back to dancing.

“That ing troll.” Kris mumbled as he got up from the bar and made his way towards Chen and Chaerin. He separated the two and said to Chen, “Excuse me, but I would like to dance with MY girlfriend.”

So Chen backed away but not before giving a wink to Chaerin. Making her giggle, but making Kris glare at him. Kris placed his hands gently around Chaerin’s waist, causing her to blush since this was really one of their first skinship’s. He’s never even held hands with her! But after dancing with Kris for awhile, Chaerin noticed he was only dancing with her to ward off unwanted people, since he kept looking around him. AKA, s and other men. 

A sigh escaped Chaerin’s lips as she told Kris it was getting late and that she and her members had to go. Kris nodded, saying goodnight, and, again, pet her hair before going back to s. Dragging Luhan, Chanyeol, and Kai away from the dance floor and from the other 2ne1 members. So Chaerin grabbed her members and they left to go back to their dorm. “Well, it’s a start for him at least.” Chaerin thought, with a small smile.  


A couple of weeks have passed since Chaerin first devised her plan and Kris has slowly had more skinship with her thanks to it. He’s held hands with her, he’s hugged her, but he still hasn’t kissed her yet. But Chaerin is patiently waiting.

Tonight is the SBS Gayo Daejun. It was near the end and Kris was anticipating Cl and Hyori’s performance. Chaerin had been working very hard on it, so she told Kris to watch it. Then suddenly, there was a scream and their stage began. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-OsKJPAIww)

He told all s, politely, to please shut up so he could hear her. He heard her voice and oh how heavenly it was, but she then made a 90 degree turn and began to rap. It was cool as always and then she suddenly went off stage.

When Hyori’s stage ended, trumpets blared and CL’s flag came on screen, with her saying, “My turn. Set them on fire!” And out came her bad self, strutting her way to the center of the stage wearing a zebra coat to hide her white one-piece.

“Wow, she looks y!” Xiumin exclaimed after seeing her outfit.

“Hyung that’s my girlfriend you’re talking about.” Kris replied, but to only receive back a shrug from Xiumin.

“Cheh, I can’t even call you her boyfriend if you haven’t even kissed her yet.” Chen butted in.

“Shut up, troll.”

“Well you better make your move soon, hyung.” Lay cut in, pointing towards the other boy groups. Notcing how Zico, Yongguk, and Hoya were really getting into the performance. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxhsHndfDOY)

“Aish!” Kris exclaimed ruffling his hair, and then focusing his attention back at Chaerin’s performance as their dance break started.


The SBS Gayo Daejun finally ended after all the idols on stage slowly dispersed to go back stage. Kris was backstage with s, when 2ne1 caught his eye. He was about to go up to them to tell them their performance was great. When suddenly Yongguk greeted Chaerin. Kris couldn’t hear what they were saying but he saw them bow, smile, and is that a blush on Chaerin’s face? Kris quickly walked over and went in between the two. Excusing them both, as he promptly dragged Chaerin to an empty room and away from a confused Yongguk.

“Kris what was th-“ Chaerin asked but was cut in by a surprise kiss from Kris. The kiss was a bit rough at first, but then Chaerin wrapped her arms around his neck and slowly the kiss got softer. They pulled away and looked into each other’s eyes and then suddenly Kris’ face started to go red. He covered his face with one hand, while a giggling Chaerin just watched the embarrassed Kris struggle.

“Is this why it took you so long to kiss me? Because you’re shy?” Chaerin questioned, grabbing Kris’ hand away from covering his face. As Kris slowly nodded, a chuckling Chaerin grabbed the sides of his face to give him a peck. Making him go red again.

“And, I didn’t want anyone to steal you away from me.” Kris mumbled as he looked at the ground.

“Trust me, no one could steal me away from this shy dork of mine.” Chaerin replied, hearing his other reason.

“Oh shut up.” Kris cracked a smile, but then looked down and realized Chaerin is still wearing her stage outfit. Pulling the sides of her coat to cover her torso and legs he said, “And cover up more.”

“Okay babe.” Chaerin said, before grabbing her boyfriend’s hand and walking out the door.


I'm finally finished. Whew that was a lot. I hope you guys enjoy this one-shot. And please check out my other one-shot First Snow (https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/618552/first-snow-2ne1-chaerin-exo-suho-2nexo). I want some feedback on that please.So please subscribe, comment, and upvote. Oh and happy new years! 

tumblr_myoqyasttY1s1xmvro1_400.gif