Miyoung

Destiny Plays Well

I apologized to Hana and the Jo twins for making them worry. Minwoo also apologized to them for what happened. Everything has been resolved.

Monday morning and we all went to school with high spirits. Minwoo and I are friends now after all. We were near the gates of the school when I saw a familiar face.

She was wearing another school’s uniform. She brought two friends with her and they were all wearing their skirt skimpily.

Her face brightened when she saw us, scratch that, I think she smiled when she saw Minwoo in particular.

She and her friends blocked our way. “Annyeong! Can we talk to you Minwoo-ah?” she asked cheerfully. Youngmin looked at Minwoo and said “We’ll go ahead.” Kwangmin held Hana’s hand and followed Youngmin into the school.

I was about to follow too but I was taken aback when Minwoo’s hands grabbed my elbow. He pulled me closer to him. I eyed him, I don’t understand why he won’t let me go but I stayed anyway.

The girl looked at Minwoo’s hand on my elbow and glared at me. “What is it?” Minwoo coldly said. She redirected her gaze at Minwoo and her face drastically softened.

Omo! What was that about? She looks really familiar but I don’t know her. I raked my brain remembering where the hell I saw this girl.

“I’m Miyoung, remember me, in the park?” she said sweetly. Ah, I remember now, I saw both of them talking at the park. I snapped my head towards Minwoo when he said. “I don’t remember you. So what do you want?” he said bluntly.

Miyoung’s eyes rounded but she still tried to smile. “Uhmm, will you go out with me?” she shyly said. Wow, this girl has a lot of guts. Despite the setback Minwoo had given her she still confessed.

“No, I have a girlfriend already.” Minwoo looked at me and laced his fingers in mine. I was dumbstruck. Minwoo pulled me into the school and left Miyoung and her friends speechless.

Just when we were out of Miyoung’s sight I snatched my hand away from Minwoo. “And since when did I become your girlfriend?” I hissed.

“Mianhe, it was the best solution to get rid of her.” he said without any expression. I huffed “You used me Minwoo.” I said stonily and walked away from him. Damn him, he’s very insensitive.

All morning I gave Minwoo the cold shoulder. He didn’t even seem to bother and apologized again. I dragged Hana to the rooftop during lunch. I desperately wanted someone to talk to.

“Waegoreh?” she asked me worried. I told her what happened. Her brows furrowed again. “Aish, Hana-ah, you’ve been always frowning, say something.”

“Mianhe~” she sighed and gave me a knowing look, “~yes you’re a little angry because he used you but I think your more angry at yourself.” “And why would I be? That’s ridiculous Hana-ah.”

“But you are, you’re angry because he pretended you were his girlfriend which is not actually true, but you wished it is didn’t you?” she concluded, my eyes widened, Hana read my expression. “Omo! Do you like Minwoo, Suzy-ah?” she exclaimed.

I felt like I was hit right in the head and my mouth hanged open, speechless.