Apology

Destiny Plays Well

I just got out of the washroom when I heard a loud rapping at my door. I glanced at the wall clock and it was just 4 o’clock in the morning. Who could be at my door this early in the morning?

The sky is still pitch black. I felt nervous and hastily looked around the house. I went to the kitchen and got myself a pan for self protection.

The knocking still continued. “Who’s there?” I asked behind the door. “It’s me.” My head snapped. I know that cold voice, it’s Minwoo.

I opened the door slightly and peeked at him. He was heavily sweating and panting. I furrowed my brows and waited for him to say something.

“Yah, paboyah!” he started. What the~? He just came here to call me stupid? I was about to slam the door at his face but he blocked his foot on the door.

He pushed it open and I had no choice but to reluctantly let him in. He eyed the pan I was holding and smirked. “You think you could beat a burglar with that?” he said wryly.

“If you are here to mock me then you’d better go away.” I said darkly. He shook his head and raised his hands on the air like a criminal who just got caught.

“I’m sorry.” he said sincerely. Huh, the damage is done, I thought. I remained silent and looked at him, expressionless.

He wiped his sweat off with the back of his hand. He looked so tired. He sat down on my couch. Omo! He still has the guts to sit?

“I had a fight with my father before I came home and saw you.” he started and he told me how they fought and how mad he was. He never mentioned what they fought about though.

“I’m really sorry that I unleashed my anger at you.” he said as he finished explaining, He looked up at me with those puppy eyes of his. He extended his hand and smiled at me “Friends?”

My heart leaped when I saw his bright smiling eyes. Finally he gave me a smile and he wants to be my friend now. He eyed me worriedly when I just stood and stared at him.

I caught myself and hastily put a box of tissue on his extended hand. “T-to wipe your sweat.” I explained and damn it I stammered! I mentally knocked my head for not taking his hand.

Stupid me! Why didn’t I just take his hand? I sat beside him as he was wiping his sweat. Slowly, used tissue was piling up on the table. I hid an amused smile.

He stopped his hand mid-air while wiping his sweat when he saw me staring. He gave me a quizzical look. “Y-you look terrible.” I stammered again. “You too.” He chuckled.

I blushed; my eyes were still swollen even after I’ve washed my face. I didn’t want to admit that I cried. So I hastily diverted the conversation. “Why are you here this early in the morning? The sun hasn’t even shown up yet.”