SM The Ballad

I Freaking Hate Byun Baekhyun

 

Chanyeol sat on the couch on one of his rare day offs. He had a bag of chips to the right of him and on the TV screen was a music broadcast of his one and only Dara noona. 

He slightly drooled at the perfection. 

That is until the door was slammed open. 

 

Baekhyun was fuming. His face was red and there was practically steam coming out of his ears and his eyes were blood shot. Was the dip on drugs? He threw his shoes at the male who was following him. Baekhyun screamed "Who the needs to be in SM the Ballad? Not me!" The other man groaned. 

And then another door was slammed and the dorm was quiet again. Only the quiet groans coming from the dip. 

 

Chanyeol raised his brow. The dip is weird, but not this weird. The man who got a shoes thrown at him finally came into the living room. It was Chen. 

 

"What's up?" Chanyeol casually asks.

"Besides having a shoe thrown at you?" He sarcastically replies back. 

Chanyeol shrugged, "If you want to have a ship with Baek, you have to be able to put up with his diva self." 

Chen snorts, " please. He's just mad I was selected to participate in SM the ballad and not him. It's not my fault they need a chinese singer." 

Baekhyun ran into the kitchen and glared at the two, "But why YOU! Why not Luhan! Why not Xiumin! Why Chen!?" 

Chen glares back, "Are you implying that they sing better than me?!" He clicks his tongue, "I'm about to go ape ! Chanyeol hold my non exsistant earings!" 

"I really wanted to be in SM the ballad!!! Taeyeon noona!!!" Baekhyun wails as he jumps into Chanyeols arms and glares at Chen. "I just want you to know, Baekchen is going to be postponed until I get my together." 

Chen rolls his eyes and mummbles, "Whatever you say man." 

 

 

"And that's why you need to switch out Chen with me!" Baekhyun cheerfully says to one of the managers of the producers of SM the ballad. 

The man looks at him as if saying  say what? He clears his throat, "Sorry what did you just say?" 

Baekhyun inwardly strangles the man, "So.." He takes a breath, "I sing sooo much better than Chen and my fans believe that I sing chinese better than him so... uhm. Wanna swap us?"

 

Baekhyun inwardly cringes at the bull he just said. His fans believe he sings chinese better than a member of EXO M? He sings better than Chen? Even though Chen has a range twice the size of his? 

 

A sigh leaves the dip as the man kicked him out of his office for the 3rd time that day. (Yeah he's asked before he got to the dorm). He sat down on a bench that was placed randomly in the hall of SM. 

He stared suspiciously at it before shrugging. If you have money to burn why not buy a bench? 

 

Baekhyun slummped onto the bench and quietly hated life. He trained so hard.. He's won so many awards with EXO. Why can't he just join SM the ballad? But then again.. Chen's won almost the same amount of awards. 

 

He felt a presence sit beside him and he turned to see Chanyeol sitting with his legs crossed and his head facing the other direction. 

"I wanted to check if you're okay." He said and soon enough he was out of sight. 

 

Baekhyun looked to see that there was a box of chocolate milk with a sticky note in the place of Chanyeol. He smiled happy for the first time since he found out he wasn't in SM the ballad. 

He peeled off the sticky note and read it humming cutely. 

Yah. Dip.. Are you still upset about SM the ballad?

Don't be. 

If they don't want your voice it's their loss. 

Taeyeon noona?

She'll come around when she notices that something's missing. 

That something is your voice. 

Uhm. 
So..

Even if you're a dip, you can still sing. 

From Super awesome seme Chanyeol. 


 

Baekhyun put the straw into the box and took a sweet sip of the chocolate milk and smiled. Maybe it's okay not to be in SM the ballad.