• His POV (Part One)

Tongue Tied
Chapter 3
 
Seoul is just as busy in the night as it is in the morning if not more. Shops, hotels and restaurants are everywhere! And one thing Chanyeol loved the most out of the three are the restaurants Seoul had to offer.
 
Chanyeol's POV
 
I got out of the car with Aunt Hyesu. We were in front of the Tiffany Restaurant just in time for our dinner reservation for three. I was told we're meeting up with aunt's boyfriend before eight.
 
Five minutes to seven and I'm starving! All my energy used up after having school from half eight to four in the afternoon and dance practice from five to six.
 
"I think we can order starters already. He's just having main course and dessert with us." aunt said referring to her boyfriend.
 
Thank goodness. I raised my hand to call the waiter. "We're ready to order the starters."
 
We quickly ordered our starters and the waiter professionally took them down and sorted them out. It wasn't our first time eating here so we know what to order.
 
"So, what do you think?" aunt asked excitedly. I saw her boyfriend yesterday when he dropped her home, but I don't know his name yet.
 
"He seems okay." I smiled even if I was a bit unsure.
 
Aunt Hyesu pouted and leaned on the table. "I know you feel uncomfortable, but I really do want you to meet him..."
 
My smile was probably weak, which was why aunt didn't buy it. It's true. This is very uncomfortable for me since I grew up without a father.
 
My father left mom when she became pregnant with me in college and she was left to take care of me only with the help of Aunt Hyesu. She raised me with so much love and care that I can't help but miss her everyday. I lost her when I was twelve.
 
Aunt is actually mom's twin sister. She took me in and acted as my guardian ever since. It was comforting to see mom in her facial features, but it was that actual fact that made it awkward seeing aunt date men.
 
She had been nothing but the best second mom I could ever ask for, and I wanted her to be happy.
 
"Aigoo." I scratched the back of my neck. "Don't worry about me, imo*."
 
"I think I'll get to like him." I smiled widely making her giggle. As long as he makes her happy.
 
"Really?" she beamed and reached for my cheeks to pinch them. "Aigoo, my Yeollie's so sweet! But you shouldn't smile so widely..."
 
"Eh? Why not?"
 
"It's kinda creepy." she smiled sheepishly.
 
"Jjincha?! Imo why didn't you tell me before?" I gasped. Is my smile really creepy? "I've been smiling like this since the start of high school!"
 
"Is that so?" she laughed. "Your eye also twitches when you laugh."
 
"Auuuuunnt!" I whined as she continued teasing me.
 
I saw aunt's boyfriend come up from behind her and gently rested his hand on her shoulder. The gesture made her look up and he used this opportunity to kiss her cheek.
 
"Omo!" Aunt Hyesu dropped her fork on the plate and returned the greeting. "Oppa, you're here!"
 
I stiffened, but quickly recovered. "Annyeong. You must be aunt's boyfriend." I stood up and bowed respectfully. "I'm Chanyeol."
 
"Ah! Chanyeol, I've heard so much about you." I forced a smile, making sure it doesn't come out creepy. "The name's Dongjoo."
 
"Ah... Neh." I said not knowing what else to say. The man chuckled, probably at my awkwardness.
 
I sighed. This is going to be a long dinner.
 
 
 
 
 "I'm really sorry-"
 
"Aniyo! Don't be." I interrupted Aunt Hyesu. "Dongjoo seems like a nice guy. I like him for you."
 
Aunt didn't seem convinced so I explained it further. "I just didn't talk much cause... well I don't really know what to say. I was just kinda awkward..."
 
"Oh Yeollie..." she sighed softly and patted by back. "It's okay, you'll get used to it, I guess."
 
When we arrived back in the house. We saw a man t the hedges in his yard. "Must be the new neighbours... I'll go introduce us. You coming?" aunt whispered.
 
"I think I'll pass for today, imo. I'm kinda tired."
 
"Arrasseo. Could you tell Minna to prepare me a hot bath?" she walked away when she saw me nod.
 
"Annyeonghaseyo!" I heard aunt shout enthusiastically just before I closed the door.
 
"Hey Minna!" I greeted our house keeper who stood upright by the foot of the stairs.
 
She slightly bowed acknowledging me. "Aunt wants a hot bath ready for her." I naturally smiled widely and I could see her shoulders shaking. I must look really creepy and funny.
 
"Neh. I'll prepare it right away." she bowed and went straight to work.
 
I gently closed the door when I went inside my room. I threw my multi-coloured bag on my desk and gently placed my camera bag on the floor.
 
I wanted to rest as soon as possible so I didn't bother turning on my lights and just jumped on my bed. Tossing and turning over the covers looking for a comfortable position.
 
From here I could see the window across my bedroom window. The curtains were closed and lights were open. I watched the silhouette move from one corner of the room to the other as I drifted off to my own thoughts.
 
I wonder how Mino's doing in his new house. Is he unpacking too, like the person who's now occupying his former room? I hope my new window neighbour knows how to rap just like Mino.
 
I slowly drifted into a deep slumber and dreamt of making a new friend that lived next door.
 
 
 
 
The following day after morning classes I went straight to the canteen. I heard there's pizza today and guess what? It's thin crust pepperoni pizza!
 
I ran without bothering to put my camera back in my locker and I got there just in time thanks to my long legs. The perks of being tall.
 
Oh my goodness. This is so good! I took a bite of the slice in satisfaction. The canteen was starting to fill up with students and a few teachers.
 
"Hey hyung!" I saw Kai approaching me with his lunch tray.
 
"I see you got a slice." I smirked at Kai.
 
He chuckled and looked smug. "Of course. I wouldn't dare miss it."
 
Kai's my dongsaeng. I met him through the dance lessons I attended almost a year ago. The boy is super talented and puts in every bit of himself out there when he dances. I admire his passion.
 
"Where's Sehun-ah?" I asked.
 
Kai merely shrugged. "I don't know? Eating lunch with his girlfriend?"
 
We ate in peace while talking about a new dance choreography Kai recently came up with. "Oh wait. I gotta go, hyung. I forgot I have detention."
 
The boy sheepishly grinned as he quickly cleared his tray and left me all alone in the table.
 
My camera accompanied me most of the times. Since I don't have a lot of friends, I tried to find something to keep me occupied. Which turned out to be playing drums and guitar, singing, and dancing.
 
I also have this guilty pleasure of mine. Not many people know it. To be honest I don't think anyone else knows it, except Mino.
 
I look around to see if anyone else is looking. I turned my camera off and covered the lenses securely... only... the cover wasn't in my pockets.
 
The cover was not in my pockets, not in either of my socks and it wasn't in my bag either. It was weird because I don't remember dropping anything off in my locker on the way here.
 
Where the hell did I put it? I tried to recall my steps from the time I left the classroom to go to the canteen. Did Kai take it? I frowned. It sounded more like something Sehun would do rather than Kai and Sehun was eating lunc-
 
My thoughts were interrupted when a chair was pulled along the floor. I looked up and saw Eunsung standing up while the other ducked down under the table.
 
It was amusing to watch their faces change. The girls around the table were making faces towards the girl under the table. I sneakily took a picture for my face-book.
 
I chuckled at the pictures I was able to take. Sora, one of the girls, had her nose scrunched up as if she was about to sneeze.
 
I'm not very popular in school. In fact I'm the opposite. People weren't nice, but those girls in general were extra mean. They think they're so perfect. Hah! Who's perfect now?
 
I looked up and was shocked to see Jaein headed towards me. I never really talked to her before. But based on my observations she seemed like a nice girl compared to the others.
 
I found myself smiling when I saw that she really was headed towards me. "Oh, hey Jaein." I felt my glasses slide down my nose. "What brings you here?"
 
 
"U-uhm... Did you perhaps lose this?" she stuttered adorably. I was used to seeing her as the confident, sporty girl who won regionals in tennis and now she's here looking slightly vulnerable.
 
Is she scared of me? How cute... It makes me want to take a pic-
 
 
I laid eyes on her hand that held the very thing I was looking for. "Omo! Where'd you find it?" she handed the lens to me as soon as I reached for it.
 
 
"I saw it on the floor..." I heard her say. This is great I don't need to buy one tonight.
 
 
"Thank you so much. My lens would've gotten dirty and scratched if I didn't cover it." I shook her hands excitedly unable to contain my happiness. She really is a good person. It's a pity we don't talk much.
 
But then again I barely talk to anyone.
 
 
She withdrew her hand and I continued smiling. Her hands were really soft. Surprising for a dedicated tennis player.
 
 
"Heh... Look I have to go. I'm glad to have helped. Bye." she quickly said goodbye, doing a small bow in the process.
 
I then noticed she looked a bit uncomfortable. Was I being too friendly? But it didn't really look like she hated it.
 
I shrugged.
 
As I placed the lens cover in it's rightful place, I watched as Jaein tucked her hair behind her ear and rub her arms up and down. She disappeared into the corridor.
 
I find myself smiling foolishly.
 
 
 
 

 

*imo = mother's sister

 [A/N]: This chapter's dedicated to Exotic_Cassielf, who's headed to *censored*  to have the time of her life~ Keep safe!

Also, have a read of her second fanfic "Unexpected" ~ It's so unexpected, I don't even know who Jihyun end's up with!

But I'm rooting for Chanyeol. Yehe~! Don't forget to comment and/or subscribe!