Falling Hard

Anything Can Happen!

"Do you take Kim Yumi as your lovely beloved wife,cherish her forever,in health and in sick,in poor and in wealthiness until death break you part?" 

Do Kyungsoo,the man that's fated or forcely fated to be your husband,was standing in front of you. He's holding your hands tight and he never stop looking into your eyes. He seems innocence and loving,nice acting! Oh no..  Just look at the relatives of both family. They're wiping their tears of joy seeing you married with their choice. I'm doing this to stop them from making me suffer by going on blind dates every weeks.Not far from your family was Baekhyun. Your trusty friend who-surprisingly-involved in this arranged marriage. He apologised with his eyes and keep on smiling,waving at you. Traitor!

"I do."  

"I now pronounce you man and wife,you may kiss your bride." 

With that magical curse words,you're officially his wife. He approached you but you glare you eyes at him. He widen his eyes and signaled you his 'they're watching,silly' looks. You have no choice but to kiss him. It's not a real kiss anyway! After the kissed he whispered something.

"Yah,they're watching. Just act it out,arasso? Look happy,will ya?"

"Whatever.."You rolled your eyes in annoyance.

The wedding ceremony on the cruise ship went well. Well.. for your parents and his. But in the room,where you're groom earlier,you kicked the wall a few times to let out your anger. Baekhyun who was tailing you remain silent. He scratched the back of his head sometimes,worried to say a word. You sat on the bridal chamber's bed with a 1001 hidden feelings-already shown by how you kick the wall,though. Kyungsoo or referred as D.O by his friends and family,walked in the room and untie his butterfly bow. He snickered at you. Baekhyun sat at the couch and drink a glass of martini.

"Congratulations on the marriage,man. I wish the best for both of you." Baekhyun raised his martini glass at D.O.  To his surprise,D.O took the glass and finish the drink in one shot.

"Thanks,Baekhyun-ah. Yumi-ssi.. I means,darling. Are you okay? Don't tell me you're having sea-sickness."

"You.. You know I don't wanna get married. You don't love me,so do I. So what the with this early wedding? You said we'll be wed in a few months! But in 2 weeks? This is too early!"

"Look.. You told me that you don't want to attend any blind dates anymore. So,this is the only way out. It's not a big deal,we'll file for divorce after 2 years. I don't like you either so that's not the problem for us to file for divorce,right?"

Baekhyun gulped. He looked at both of you in his terrified look. He stood between you and D.O and calmed both of you.

"Whoa... calm down,you guys. You're just married less than 15 minutes. Let's not talk about divorce,ok?"

Instead of being calmed,you pushed him aside and stare at your husband intensely. He smirk and walked away. He walked into the bathroom and took a shower. You sighed and fell on your knees to the floor.Baekhyun patted your back. You looked at him and he knew you wanted to be alone. He leave the room and before he close the door,he managed to say 'sorry' to you.

That night,you're sitting by the window looking at the sea. D.O was drinking a glass of rum and he didn't even talked to you. Once in a while,you look at him. Stealing glances at your husband that you really wished said 'NO' at the ceremony. But,he's different that your dates. Something about this guy that moves your heart when you first met him.

A simple NO from him would help you to be in the right state of mind since career is all you need-in your opinion! You never let down your guard. Not a single guy have owed your heart,icy cold that's what you are. But,being called 'heartless' by the others didn't bothered you and only Baekhyun knew the real you. He's always be with you and you saw how depressed he was he's being cheated by his ex-girlfriend. It makes you proud that you never hurt by love,that you never open your heart for one. That's when your mother realized how lonely you are. 

You knew about the arranged marriage when you over heard your parents.She was having a conversation with your father when she saw D.O in one of the Do and Park family gathering. She had eyes on him after knowing that he's single and a hard-working guy. Back then,only God knows how much you wanna run as far as you can. Baekhyun didn't said anything when you complained everything. Obviously,he agreed with all of these in hopes I can be less cold and started to find my own happiness. Eomma asked you to wear the cutest outfit-that you save for your first day as a doctor- all of a sudden. Then,she dragged you to the car where appa and your brother were waiting for you. They're smiling and you can feel something fishy going on.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Flashback...

"Eomma,I don't wanna get maried to him! I don't know him.."

"Yumi-ah,he's a good guy. He's the son of the Do family. Our family have been friends with them since you're a teenager. This is your chance to finally see him in person!"

"But..

"Yumi-ah,we just want the best for you. You're always too focused on studies and works. You didn't even care about your happiness"

"Appa,I'm happy as I always be. I'm an intern now,soon-to-be doctor. I got what I wanted,what I yearn for. This is my happiness"

"Yumi-ah,just listen to what appa and eomma said. They got the point. You should've think of your happiness. Love matter.It's the most important thing in out life."

"Oppa,I love my career. I love you guys. Can't this thing hold for a moment. I'll get married when I'm ready!"

Appa stopped his car and opened the backseat door for me. I gave a sigh before stepping out. They wished me good luck and told me to send their regards to D.O. After kissing eomma's cheek,appa's car drove away,leaving me in front of the hotel where D.O was expecting me in the restaurant. I walked in and hold my bag tightly as I was angry at this arranged married. He stood over there as he saw me approaching. His round eyes sparkled as he saw me. He bow and prepared my seat in a proper way,being a gentleman. He looked innocence,no wonder my family like him so much!

"Annyeonghseyo,Yumi-ssi"

"De,annyeonghaseyo." I bowed and take a sip of the water at the table.

"You don't look happy. Anything wrong?"

"This whole things is wrong. Look,I don't know you and I'm sure you don't know me either."

"I don't know you? Are you sure about that?"

"Whatever.. I want to call this marriage off! I don't care what's your thought. All I know is I opposed all of these!"

"Calm down,Yumi-ssi. As much as you hate this arranged marriage,so do I. But,We have to do this for the sake of our parents."

He.. He didn't agree as well? That's shockingly good news

"So.. what you're saying,we're marrying but in contract? Okay,I 'm listening.. What's the deal?"

"We'll be married for 2 years then,we'll file for divorce. That's what you want,right? So.. Deal? "

There's a hint of sadness in his eyes. He looks like he really wanted this marriage! I feel guilty for him for expecting a 'I hope you could be a good husband to me' or ' I'll be a good wife' from me. I don't know him and it's impossible for me to fell for him.

"Just like that? I don't trust you. What's your motive actually?"

"Listen,I just wanted to get this through. I don't want to be married with someone who doesn't love me. To me,love means everything. Bigger than the world. So,deal?"

"Deal."

I shook hands with him but I kinda sad by his words about 'love' just like my brothers' words, love matter. I guess I'm too busy with studies to experienced it and I never ever experienced my 1st love.

******************************************************************************************************************* 

"Helloooooo~~~~ Earth to YUMI! Are you hungry? " D.O was standing in front of me,shoving his hand up and down. He's looking very concern when I'm not answering him. I shook my head and look at him,tried to focus.

"I said,are you hungry? " Right,he asked me about dinner.

"Huh? yeah,kinda.. "

"Okay. I'll order dinner. Why don't you changed into your sleeping pajama or anything comfortable. It's cold."

Your P.O.V

Right after he went to the living room of the A class cabin and make a phone call to order us dinner,I looked at myself. I'm only wearing a short and a singlet. I suddenly shivers as the sea breeze touched my skin. He's right,it's cold. I walked lazily to the wardrobe and took out my pajama pants. I changed without bothered to lock the door. He knocked on the door and said the dinner will be served in 10 minutes. I opened the door,nodding and walked pass him to the living room. He followed me. The situation was awkward and both of us keep making ourselves busy until the door rang and a middle aged ahjumma pushed in trolley with our dinner on it. He pay the dinner and invite me to the dining table. 

"How's your steak? Is it good? I don't know any of your favorite yet.I hope you like it."

"It's delicious,thanks for asking." 

"Sure..Ermmm...  Listen,I shouldn't agreed to our parents when they wanted to quicken the marriage. Sorry about that."

"Huh? I thought you like we're married sooner than we should?"

"It's your decision and not mine to make,so I apologised for that. I only said 'yes' to them because I know how hopeful they are. Can't you see their faces earlier?"

He's right. Eomma couldn't stop crying as she saw me wearng the white gown,walking gracefully down the aisle. She keep saying 'you look beautiful' whenever I stare at her during the ceremony.

"Helllooo? Yumi-ah,are you okay? Your mind are wandering off out of the blue. What are you thinking of?"

I looked at him intensely. His worried eyes stucked onto mine. He tried to break-through into my mind,figuring out what's bothering me. I shook my head and gave him a weak smile,forced smile actually. He put his utensils down and look at me. Suddenly,he put his hand on mine and patted my hand.

"Gwenchana-yo. You don't have to tell me. It's something you don't feel like sharing and I'm not forcing you. We might be married by law but I know your heart wasn't ready for all of these."

He gave a smile and continue eating his dinner. We ate our meal quietly and something doesn't feel right. I have this funny stuff in my mind that makes me either guilty,and realized my mistakes. He didn't agreed because of me,but he did it for our parents. I misjudged him? Nice going,Yumi! In between chewing his steak,he always find chances to stare at me. Not to mention,gaving me a friendly smile.

"D.O-ssi.. Mianhe for earlier. I shouldn't scold you for being selfish. You're only being thoughtful. I know you hates me and opposed arranged mariage just like me,but, I shouldn't scolded you for agreeing when they decided to quicken the wedding. Sorry about that."

"It's okay.. I understand that you're not ready yet. I get it.."

"For real?"

"Yeah.. and by the way, I didn't hate you. Only you who always say that. Gosh,what's wrong with you? Want me to hate you so bad?"

"Oo.. I thought you hate me. "

"Well,I like you.. "

"You do?"

"I do."

My cheek felt hot abruptly. It never happens before. Suddenly,he smile... A beautiful smile I've ever seen -when people are not around us- since the wedding photoshoot.

"What's so funny?" You smile too.. Can't help but smile even though you're still wary of him.

" I just said 'I do'. It reminds me of the ceremony today,don't you think? Actually,I always wished for a wedding on a cruise with someone I love."

Once again,you felt guilty. He still believe in 'happy ever after' wedding,after all. You smile and continue eating. D.O kept staring at you.  You knew about it and it makes your stomach churned. The food didn't make you hungry anymore. It's the staring makes you uncomfortable. You stare at him and your eyes locked with his. There's a moment of awkwardness on the table. His round eyes,heart-shaped with cherry coloured lips,OMO! You looked away and excused yourself to the bathroom. At the bathroom,you splashed the sink water over and over again to your face. You knocked your head a little bit and keep saying " What's wrong with me?". Then,you grabbed your phone in your right ppocket of your pajama pants. Baekhyun is the right person to be called!

"Yah,why are you calling me? Don't tell me you kille your husband! Omo,did you guys fight?"

"No,silly! It's just.. I get this strange feeling when I saw him smile at the dining table. He even said he like me when I thought he hates me. Now,I feel guilty for hating him so bad. What happen to me? What should I do?"

"Omo,really? Wow.. that's great! It means,you're starting to feel,you're falling in love. You like him,don't you?"

"WHAT? No way~ How can I tell I like him?"

"It's easy! Do you feel some kind of spark or heart beating fast when he look into your eyes?"

"Errr.. yes! Earlier at the table."

"Do you feel uneasy or having a stomach ache or nervous when you're around him?"

"Yes.. Why are you asking me all these?"

"Because me dear chingu,you're in LOVE! Your first love. Yah,this is great! I think he's the one. You finally fell in love... and he is your husband! "

"Falling in love... ? Me? I.. I never know I would... It feels great and kinda.."

"Longing? Wanting to be with him...? Hahaha.."

"Errr.. yeah, I do feel like that.."

"Well then,enjoy your honeymoon~ It's time for you to open my present! I hope it fits you perfectly. Annyeong~" Krekk..Baekhyun hang up. You're staring at yourself in the mirror,your right hand on your chest. Your heart is beating fast! Suddenly,he knocked the door.

"Yumi-ah,gwenchana-yo? What's wrong? Stomach ache? It's not food poisoning,right?"

"Err... Annyia,I'm a little dizzy.. erm... sea-sickness! what a terrible lie! Yeah,sea-sickness!"

"Owh, why don't you come out and eat some sea-sickness pills. "

You knocked your head again with your hand and sighed. You opened the door and he's standing with a glass of water in his right hand and a sea-sickness pill. You took the pill and thanked him. Then,he walked you to the bedroom. He gestured you to lay down. Trying not to argue,you do what he asked. He reached for the blanket and covered you. He switched off the lights and walked out. You let out a relived sigh. Then,less than a minute,he came back. Seeing him makes your heart flutters. Happy to see him again but your head are trying hard to refused him while your heart said otherwise.

"What's wrong? Do you need something?"

"I was.. Nothing. Mianhe,Yumi-ah.. You can sleep now. Sorry for disturbing."

No! Said something,Yumi! You like him,don't you? He might be your first love. He's your husband for God sake!

"D.O-ssi..."

He turned around and looked at you. That look again! He walked to you and sat on the bed. Your heart was trembling. He touched your forehead. 

"Not hot. You're fine,I'm glad you're not sick. What is it? "

"Ermm.. What do you think of me? "

"I think you're nice,only a bit cold sometimes and I think you're beautiful. You just need to learn to trust people,trust me.."

He scratched the back of his head. He's shy. You smile and you touched his cheek randomly. He's a bit shocked at first,but when you locked your eyes with him,he smiled. 

"Thanks for being honest.. It's the first time I've ever asked people their opinion about me. You're so sweet."

"That's it? I'm sweet only?" He hold your hand and smile naughtily.

"I took it back,you're not sweet! ert!" Your left hand pinched his nose and you laughed at him.

He laughed and interwined his fingers with yours.He looked at your eyes and his eyes went to your lips. Suddenly he approached you. Slowly,he reached for your lips and when your lips touched his,you closed your eyes. You didn't pulled back,you let him kissed you. His hand are on your neck,it makes you felt great.He kissed you slowly and gentle. He broke the kiss and looks into your eyes.

"I knew it.. You love me,don't you?" He smiled while his hands on your neck. Both of you breathed heavily..

"I never fell in love before,I don't know.." You look away. He felt bad for you. He hugged you and your hair.

"I know you love me,you just didn't realize it. I know that I love since I saw you for the first time. It's hard to forget how sweet and brave you are when you're young. I saw you help the cat by the road. Remember the cat?"

Suddenly,you remember about the cat that you save from being hit by a bicycle. You ran and catched it before the cycler hit it. You the cat and once in a while you felt someone was watching you. When you looked around,nobody was around. So,he's the one that watched me? You nodded and smile.

"It was you who watched me?"

"Yepp.. I was about to save the cat but a girl suddenly ran by me and rescued it. Then,a man called you. He's a friend of my father. The Park family. Since then,I have my heart locked on you and only you in my mind. My parents know about it so they agreed to let us married.Unfortunately..."

"I showed you how much I hate this arranged marriage and asked to call it off?"

"Yeah.. It shattered all of my hopes. But,I know.. Down deep in your heart,you're an amazing woman. For that,I agreed to be in a contracted marriage as long as you're happy."

A drip of tears came out of your eyes and slap his face a little. He wipe the tears away and smile. An idea came into your head and you started to smile.You looked at the drawer next to the bed and open it. A white f4 envelope was placed in there. You took it and tear it into tiny pieces. He looked shocked,watching you tear the contract.

"Pabo..You shouldn't agree to this contract. I love you."

"I love you too.."

He hugged you and tinkled your waist. You laughed and you pushed him away. Then,he chased you around the room. To the living room,the dining room. When you're both ran back into the room,he closed the door and locked it. You gave him your naughty looks and he his lips to tease you. You gave a little yelps as he suddenly ran across the bed to get you. Finally he catched you. He pinned you on the wall and kissed you. The kiss was rough and beastly this time. You smile in the kiss as his hand crawls on your body.  OOoo,he couldn't wait! He kissed you while walked you to the bed.

So there goes Baekhyun's unwrapped wedding gift along with other gifts. Too bad you forgot to open the gift. 

 

 

THE END

 

 

Annyeonghaseyo~~~

So,how was the story? I hope it's a good story.Mianhe for whoever hopes for a longer . I'm writing stories and TBH,I learned the know-how to write that tiny part from reading fanfics. Not copying,but knowing the 'right terms' and.. You got what I means! :P About Baekhyun's present.. It's actually a pair of custom-made lingerie for the first night. Yepp,he's a 'considerate' friend!

Anyway,it's been a healing time for me as I finally wrote a new fanfic story. 2 weeks of travelling for family vacation makes me lost connection to the world. No phone,no internet..But hey, I'm healed now!

Thanks for the subs,comments(if have),I see one down there,from... a person named Yoseob(LOl,my ultimate bias is Yoseob other than Ilhoon and D.O). Thank you so much for reading my not-so-great story. Nevertheless,I'm still proud of it for it originality. 

Thank you so much,everyone!

-Yullie96