the last

I'll Always Protect You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

It was December, and it was snowy outside. Yoonjae was sitting in front of his desk watching the children playing around, throwing each other snow balls outside, like they’re having a war.

*zoning out*

-----

Yoonjae’s POV

Hmm.. waiting for my brother to comeback  from accompanying  the Hwang family’s first daughter; Princess Tiffany representing her father’s position to attend an important conference with 4 famous kingdoms; Lee, Kim, Im, and my family kingdom.

He hadn’t come home yet. So I decided to practice my hidden skill as a longsword guy.

I called my random that was passing by to battle with me.

“yes young majesty?” said one of my escorts.

“hmm.. let’s battle. I wanna progress my skill. Are you ready?”

“b-but I’m not your level young majesty. You’re more than good than me.”

“aish. It’s okay lah. I’m bored now. Let’s battle N.O.W”

“o-o-okay young majesty.”

then a ‘sing’ sound could be heard when I took my long sword out. We battled.

My sword competed his. I started to swing my sword to his right side, but he blocked me with his sword. I pulled out and started to move forward to his neck, and I got him. But he started to swing his sword to my free side. Oh gosh.. he almost got me. I better got his sword out. With a ‘plus’ format; my sword under his, I used my all energy to take the sword out, and tadaa… his sword soared up and fell to the ground. It’s far enough from our spot. Cool new record!

“wow, your skill got a progress majesty! I already learned a new trick of battling but you still know how to beat it out. You’re really good. Really good!” he said while bowing endlessly.

“haha.. thank you thank you. Okay we will battle again next time.”

He bowed then I left him.

-----

Tired. yeah that was what I felt. And I remembered of my brother, he had arrived or not. So I asked my assistant.

“hey minister Choi, have my brother arrived?”

The middle-aged man that was busy with all scription in his desk, turned around and bowed, “oh. He hasn’t arrived yet young majesty.”

“oh okay then.” Then I went back to my room.

-----

Author’s POV

“hmm.. where’s the Hwang? Is he not attending?” said the King of Lee’s kingdom.

Suddenly..

An walked in to the conference room and moved forward to the King Kim who held the meeting. He bowed and whispered something.

“oh.. okay-okay. just let her in.”

Then the went back to the place where Princess Tiffany waited.

“who is she? She looks pretty.” whispered people in the conference room.

Feeling noisy with the whispers, King Kim cleared his throat and explained, “she’s Hwang’s first daughter. She will represent his father position for a while. His father can’t attend this. He’s sick.”

“how can it be? If he can’t attend then his kingdom can’t join this program too.” Protested King Lee.

“now shut up King Lee. I organized this event. So follow my decision or out from here.”

Now King Lee shut his mouth and Princess Tiffany sat at his father position with her personal bodyguard; Jesse Jung stood behind her.

-----

“okay, so King Hwang will get the biggest investment. And I’ll end the conference here. Thank you for all your anticipation.” Said King Kim dispersing the conference.

King Lee still couldn’t accept the fact that Hwang kingdom got the biggest investment. But what could he do?

He thought for awhile. And suddenly an idea about using the Hwang by being closed to them popped in his mind. Then he thought to send his second son to be Hwang Krystal’s personal bodyguard; Lee Taemin. Since Jesse Jung’s parents were Hwang family’s best friends. So he couldn’t do anything with him or else he would get a big trouble. And then his kingdom would get closer to the Hwang kingdom.

-----

Then Princess Tiffany with her personal bodyguard and all escorts that went to the conference as well went back to the Hwang kingdom.

Princess Tiffany reported all the scription that had been agreed by all the kings in the conference.

“wow you’re my great daughter, Tiffany. I’m proud of you!” said the old man that was half-sitting on the king sized bed while caressing Tiffany’s cheek.

“yeah dad, thank y—“

“SO YOU’RE NOT PROUD OF ME DAD??” said Krystal; the second daughter of Hwang family appeared joining the duo. “unnie!!” continued Krystal while running to the direction where her dad and sister were.

Her daddy chuckled while seeing his second daughter running to their direction, “haha.. what have you done dear?” asked King Hwang.

Tiffany just chuckled.

“ah daddy.. I will help unnie later!” said Krystal while pouting.

Tiffany noticed her father’s stare to Krystal. She knew that her father was missing their mom figure.

Their mom had died since Krystal was still 6 years old while Tiffany was still 10 years old because there was a war that the Hwang kingdom didn’t know their kingdom would be attacked, but fortunately their daughters were still alive.

Tiffany wanted to take her leave. But the other Hwangs called, “Stephanie? Unnie?”

“ah.. y-yes?” said Tiffany with a sad smile.

“where are you going unnie?”

“eer.. I forgot that Jesse is still outside waiting for me. I’ll be out for awhile daddy.. Krys.. see ya.”

They nodded and began to chat again while Tiffany left the room.

“hey Jesse. Thank you for accompanying me. I’m happy that my father is proud of me because I could join the meeting well.”

“ah it’s okay Princess..” said Jesse lovingly.

“ Thank you now you can go back to your kingdom. And convey my regards to your family. Good night and see you tomorrow.” Said Tiffany with her sad smile.

Jesse noticed that sad smile but he just shrugged it off since Tiffany looked so tired.

“okay Princess Tiffany. Have a good rest! I think you’re tired enough for today, and..” Suddenly Jesse paused for awhile.

“and..?” asked Tiffany waiting for Jesse to continue.

“mm.. i-it’s nothing. Just wanna say—“

But suddenly Jesse pecked her cheek and continued, “goodnight Princess.”

Tiffany blushed immediately. She didn’t know to react so she just nodded cutely.

Then Jesse went out from Hwang kingdom’s main hall and took his horse with him and rid back to his kingdom.

On the way home, he saw a figure was riding a horse too to the Hwang kingdom. He was curious, so he decided to follow the unknown figure.

He rid his horse faster so he could see the figure’s face. But the latter felt disturbed and he rid faster than Jesse. For not wanting to lose Jesse rid faster again and made the latter annoyed and stopped his horse. Taking this chance Jesse asked, “hey what are you doing around Hwang kingdom this late night?” he found for his face but got blocked by the hat he used. “are you a stalker?”

Suddenly the anonymous guy took out his sword out and wanted to lend it on Jesse’s neck but Jesse already predicted, so he blocked him.

The guy kept forcing his sword against Jesse’s to backwards.

“eergh.. move backwards will you?!” said the guy angrily.

“no until you tell me who you are!” answered Jesse with his death stare.

Suddenly the guy let out a cocky smile and answered Jesse, “you’ll know who I am soon.” Then he pulled his sword out and rid his horse back to Hwang kingdom.

-----

In Jung kingdom ~

“Yoonjae!” called Jesse as he stepped his foot in the kingdom.

A few minutes later a shorter guy that was known as Jesse’s younger brother came and approached Jesse, “hyung! How was it?”

“hmm.. it’s fine. But there’s one thing..”

Being curious Yoonjae asked, “what’s that?”

“I met a guy around the Hwang kingdom. We were almost fighting—“

“who is he?”

“aish that’s why, I don’t know his name. and I think he’s a spy to watch Hwang kingdom.”

“hmm maybe he isn’t.”

“yeah we don’t know. It’s just ‘I think’ feeling. So we should be cautious or else something bad might happen.”

“okay then let’s go appa and umma have waited for you to eat dinner.”

“come on.” Then they went to meet their parents in the dining room and ate dinner together.

-----

“uncle Hwang..!! I’m here!” Called Jesse while with his genuine smile.

“oh.. Jesse!” greeted king Hwang back with his eye smile. “come here Jesse! I want to introduce you to someone new.” Explained king Hwang while dragging Jesse’s shoulder.

Jesse was speechless and his face immediately became flat.

“so Jesse, this is Lee Taemin, the second son of the Lee family. He will be Krystal’s new bodyguard.” He introduced the guy in front of Jesse. “and Taemin, this is Jesse, Jesse Jung. The first son of the Jung family. His job is protecting my first daughter; Tiffany.” King Hwang introduced Jesse to Taemin.

“huh? So where’s Taecyeon?” asked Jesse to king Hwang  with disbelief.

“he quit. He must take care of his father. He’s sick now.”

-----

Taemin’s POV

Haha he didn’t know that I threatened him to quit before.

*flashback*

I rid my horse to the Hwang kingdom but through the backyard. And yeah I found Taecyeon was taking care of his horse, so I approached him. I took out my sword and pointing it at his neck. He was surprised yet panicked because his back was facing me, so he didn’t know who it was. He just stayed there while slowly turning his body around.

“calm down okay.. calm do—“

I just smirked evily.

“eh who are you?” he asked with a confused face.

“haha just kidding. Btw I’m Taemin.” I introduced myself while shoving my sword back into its bag.

“Taemin? I’ve heard that name.” he thought for awhile.

“yeah I’m from Lee’s family. Do you know my family right?” I guest he knew it.

“oh yeah I remember. What are you doing here? Do you need something?”

“okay to the point is I want you to quit yourself out from your job as Princess Kyrstal’s PERSONAL bodyguard.” I said seriously.

He was shocked. I could see he gritted his teeth due to the emotion of being angry but still stayed calm.

“why is that?”

As usual I smirked evily, “because I want to replace your position. Simple.”

“no. I won’t do that. I still love my job.”

“how about if I give you money?” I offered.

He didn’t answer me instead he punched me in the face. What the ? I didn’t expect this.

“WHAT DO YOU THINK I AM?!! I’M NOT A PERSON WHO IS CRAZY FOR MONEY YOU BASTARD!!”

Then he landed me another punch in my face. Damn seriously this kid.

“hey!! Not with my face!! I begun it nicely!!” I pushed him away and wiped the blood on the tip of my lips.

“haah damn you kid!! What do you want!!?” he tried to punch me again.

“shut up and listen first!” I shouted while now pointing my sword to him.

He just growled. “I just want you to quit from your job. You know your father is sick right? I can guarantee the full cost of his treatment up so he can—“

“DON’T EVER DARE TO BRING MY FATHER IN THIS MATTER!!” he tried to punch me again, but I pointed again my sword at him.

“fine.” He muttered under his breath and shoved out his sword too and we began to fight. Damn, he’s not that bad at fighting! But it’s okay I’m better than HIM!

Then I attacked him and he fell to the ground with his sword under my feet. Haha wanna take it? Kneel down first.

“now what’s your decision?”

“DAMN YOU KID IF IT ISN’T BECAUSE OF MY FATHER, I WON’T DO THIS!!”

I knew it. So I passed his sword by kicked it and smirked, “so deal? Okay I’ve to go now. I’m waiting until tomorrow. If you don’t do it, I’m sure you will regret it.” Then I left him and rid my horse back to my kingdom.

*end of flashback*

-----

Author’s POV

“what? Seriously? I didn’t know his father is sick.” Jesse was surprised.

“yeah he just told me yesterday.”

*flashback*

*knock knock*

“come in.” answered King Hwang.

Then an came in and bowed. “I’m sorry majesty, Ok Taecyeon wants to talk to you now.”

“oh just let him in.”

“okay my majesty.” Then he bowed and called Taecyeon to come in.

“hello King Hwang..” greeted Taecyeon while bowing.

“aish for you just call me uncle.” King Hwang said with a smile. “what do you want to talk about?”

“mm okay uncle.. mm.. I’m sorry. But I have to quit from my job. M-my dad is sick. And I have to accompany him to go to the countryside to find the best physician to heal him.”

“what? Why didn’t you tell me before? I can call a—“

“ah it’s okay king—I mean uncle Hwang.”

“for how many days? You still can go back right? Why should quit?”

‘crap. I have to lie. This is because of that small bastard. I’m sure I’m going to kill him after this. I’m sorry uncle Hwang..’ cursed Taecyeon in his mind while feeling guilty had to lie to king Hwang.

“eer.. because of that uncle Hwang, I don’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter