Final

My Story

Let me tell you my story.

I moved from my homeland to somewhere new, with different people and different society. I was only eleven years old, and I realized that no one knew me in the strange land. I never fitted in. I was always bullied in school for my skin color, and I lost my confidence. I let people push me around, but I never really complained. I couldn't because my parents were working hard in this strange land to let me have the eduction that they never really got. So, I worked hard in my studies, but I was a loner and never had friends. I had lost all my confidence in myself and I never hanged out with other kids. I had even lost hope, but I still put a fake smile for my parents. I had to act like I was all happy in this new life for my parents' happiness and to not let them feel guilty for my pain.

I started missing my old days, when I was in my homeland. I remember laughing a lot, having a lot of friends and being with my entire family. And now, with only parents and me, I started wondering if this new society is really worth it. I would have actually given up on life if Super Junior didn't come in my life.

It started with me just surfing around the web instead of hanging out with anyone because I was a loner. I stumbled upon Siwon's video at first. It was a scene of his drama "Poseidon" and I became curious about him. Then, I watched his other videos, and I realized he was in the band called Super Junior. At first, I was like "what is this?" but then their music started to creep inside me. I honestly never would have been that interested in music if it wasn't for Super Junior. And I would surprised by myself whenever I would hum "Sorry Sorry" as I washed the dishes or did any chores.

After watching and downloading all their songs and performances, I went deeper into Super Junior. I looked them up, and I was shocked to see so many antis and fans. I mean, why would someone want to hate on someone? Isn't it a waste of time? I traced back to their past, and found out many information about them.

How they were really supposed to be project group and never meant to be successful as they are now. How they were not very liked by their own people just because of the number of members. How they were unpopular until their song "U" and how they became an international sensation with their "Sorry Sorry." Then I learned about Super Junior M, Hangeng situation, Only13 situation, Kangin's scandals. I found myself crying when I saw videos and opinions on Kyuhyun's near to death accident and Heechul's accident. I learnt about ELF's reputation, old fan wars and the negative responses that SuJu always gets (even though some of them were over the top).

Then I watched their variety shows and I was surprised by their funny attitudes and jokes (EHB was the funniest and I always watch it again and again whenever I am in a bad mood). I mean, how could they still be funny and happy looking with the things was going on with them? Later, I realized that they were doing this to make ELFs happy and let them know that they were fine. They always put a bright smile even when the situation was bad and they were hurt inside. Donghae had to smile and perform when his father had just passed away. They strongly fought against the odds and now they are the Kings of Hallyu. They went forward because ELFs were always with them, and they worked harder just for their fans. After almost two months, I had learned everything about Super Junior. I was really proud when I had the physical 4th album of Super Junior "Bonamana." Although it wasn't a brand new album, I still cherish it and probably never will give it away. 

But Super Junior made me realize something: even if you fell down, get up and move forward. After all the scandals and hate, Super Junior still moved forward strongly, and this personally made me feel ashamed of myself. Even with their sufferings, they still didn't give up and didn't stop smiling. With their variety shows and appearances, they showed a bright smile and acted happy even thoguh we knew the truth. They talked about their fears and hurt openly and they weren't ashamed about it. And what have I done? I let the bullies hurt me, and let myself get depressed. I was too caught up with the past that I didn't see the future, but they did. They gave me the motivation to be strong even when everything is not going the way you want it to be. They taught me an important lesson: Never Give Up.

And honestly, if it weren't for Super Junior, I wouldn't have been telling this to you. I seriously would have done something to myself that would have hurted my family so much.

I have friends that I hang out and I special one that I can lean on. I became more confident, more strong and more me. Super Junior helped me regain who I am and I am content with my life right now. 

Now, 2013 is almost ending. Three more days left. My fifth year as an ELF would soon start. I honestly felt guilty for not being with Super Junior since the beginning. I feel bad for not being with them when they first got their first win and many more. I feel thankful for ELFs who stayed from the beginning for protecting our boys. I know that our fandom isn't widely respected, even from the rookie fandoms. We did make mistakes, but our boys still loves us and we love them for all of their flaws. No one is perfect, and if they are, then I beleive they are robots. So, Thank You my Dear ELFs.

Another thing that I have been noticing lately is how some people are leaving for other groups. Now, I am not saying that its wrong of you like another group; I am a fan of f(x) too. But my first identity would be an ELF no matter what. My boys will always hold a special place in my heart. If you really are leaving the fandom and even backstabbing us, then I really doubt if you were ever a true ELF. Honestly speaking, I am disappointed with whoever left the fandom for someone more shiny and fancy. To be honest, I am not that fond of EXO’s fandom because of recent news. Them bashing Super Junior and other senior groups, and saying that they should just retire because EXO is here.      

Dear EXO fans, please stop before you look more childish than you are. DBSK, Super Junior, SNSD have made ways for your oppas to become popular. If it weren’t for them, then your oppas wouldn’t be as popular as they are right now. Give respect so that you can earn it. Don’t stoop lower than you already are, learn your position before it’s too late. I am expecting hate, but I am not afraid.

So, 2014 is coming. I am going to with Super Junior till the end. Are you?