Blackout PT.1

A FanGirl Diaries

Venus’s P.o.v

“VENUUUUSSSSSSSSSSS!” 

“what?” I screamed back from the kitchen where I was preparing some snacks for our movie night.

“WHAT DO YOU WANT TO WATCH?”

I picked our snacks quickly and ran to the living room where laura was lying on the blankets and pillows we had set up in front of the TV,not to mention her y appearance in a gray hello kitty printed long sleeve shirt and flowery patterned pj pants which were pulled up to her chest and her hello kitty slippers placed neatly beside her.I glanced outside of the window and smirked as something popped in my head.

“let’s watch a scary movie!”

“fine ,just so you know don’t come to my room begging for me to sleep with you later!” she said flipping her bangs sassily but I could clearly see through her,she was a scaredy cat and as much as she didn’t want to show it,her wide eyes when I mentioned the scary movie betrayed her.

She sat up and crawled lazily to the DVDplayer,looking at me through her shoulder waiting for my answer.

“let’s watch the movie we bought last week”.

The movie was indeed SCARY and I could feel laura shifting uncomfortably in her spot, I tore my gaze from her and tried to concentrate on the movie again just to get interrupted a few minutes later by a foot poking me in my thigh.

“what?” I snapped munching on a fistful of popcorn not looking away from the screen.

“I’m hungry and the fridge is empty,go buy us something to eat!”

“WTF LAURA!I’M IN THE MIDDLE OF WATCHING A MOVIE YOU !”

“you can watch it when I’m having dinner” she shrugged and rolled again pretending to watching the movie.

“you ing ” I growled as I made my way to my room to get ready,it was cold outside and there was a storm coming but I didn’t have the heart to let her sleep hungry. I put on my coat and scarf and headed to the door still groaning to myself,mumbling profanities to laura.

“don’t forget my banana milk” laura yelled from the living room and I didn’t hesitate to pick my slipper and throw it at her face.

                                                                                            ** ** **

I stepped to the lobby with shopping bags in my hands,shivering slightly from the sudden change in the temperature,there was a storm coming,the sky was gray and cloudy and it was really cold outside so I had to run the whole way to home not to stuck in the storm.

As soon as I stepped in the elevator,I put down the bags and started ing my coat not even waiting to arrive to our floor, a habit I had from childhood.

I was about to lift my leg to my boots when I heard a beep and the lift stopped at the parking floor. I blinked confusedly with my foot still lifted in the air when the door opened and someone stepped in with a huge box in his hands that hid his face so he didn’t know where he was going and walked straight to the wall hitting the box to the wall with a loud thud before I could even warn him.

“ouch!”

“Hongbin! it’s hongbin!OMGOMG OMG what do I do?” I squealed in my head, trying not to faint from happiness and make a fool of myself in front of a ing cute and handsome lee hongbin.

he carefully put down the box and smiled at me rather awkwardly blushing like a girl,but still making the butterflies in my stomach go crazy.

“hi” he said shyly and averted his gaze to the lift panel,finding it more interesting.

“H-hi” I said and cursed myself for stuttering in front of him.

It was an awkward silence,hongbin was still looking at the buttons with wide eyes and I was looking at my feet while watching honbin through the corner of my eyes waiting to reach our floor to run away and hide under my sheets forever.

I was struggling with myself when the lift came to a sudden halt and the lights flickered for a few moments before going off, leaving us in pitch black.

“what_what’s happening?” I asked more to myself than to hongbin.

“don’t worry,I’ll call the super_” there was rummaging sounds and then he sighed frustrated.

“what is it?”

“I left my phone in the dorm,can I borrow yours?”

“sure,here_what_?”

“you left your phone at home too?”

“yeah…I guess…”

“Naturally!”

“it means we’re stuck in here…” I said as I rubbed my face with my palms,sliding down to the floor. I could  hear hongbin doing the same and pushing the box away and sitting beside me but in a safe distance ofcourse.

“just stay calm,the power will come back on soon or someone will look for us,probably” he said trying to comfort me,making my stomach do some necessary flips at his worried tone.

 

Laura’s P.O.V

“taekwoonie don’t be scared,it’s just a movie,it’s not real!venus eomma will be back home soon!” I reassured my puppy with a shaking voice as an oblivious leo was looking at me curiously.honestly,I wasn’t a big fan of scary movies and the fact that there was thunderstorms outside wasn’t helping at all.

 “Nae modeun geol wanbyeoghi
Haeje shikyeo beorin neo
I think I’m losing control
Oh yeah~

 dalkomhan ge naege haeroul ri eobt janha
Neol sarang hago shipeo

Saramin ge matna itorog areumdabna
Naege utneun jeo eolgul jom bwa
Nae saram doen ge matna
Jeonbu kkumeun aninga
Nae modeun geol da jugo shipeo

Naega wae ireolkkaaa~
An buryeotdeon yogshimi jakku
Igeo wae ireolkka
Nae aneseo keojyeoga
Naega wae ireolkka
Nado moreudeon
Naega kkae eonan gu_”

 

I was humming tae da na da neo to distract myself while hugging leo to my chest tightly when everything went black,I froze in my place for a second before all the scary scenes from the movie I had just watched came back to my mind,I almost fainted to the thought of the scary ghost who killed innocent girls in all those nasty ways ,trying to stand up and run away I bumped my foot in something hard and fell face forward to the floor ,I screamed painfully,imagining the ghost holding my foot I tried to free myself, stumbling to the direction I thought was the door,I tried to find the doorknob by groping the walls and after some futile attempts, finally I opened the door to the dark and quiet corridor.

Just like our flat,the corridor was pitch black and deadly quiet. I was really scared and I didn’t even know what to do. I didn’t know any of our neighbours really and knocking on vixx’ door wasn’t an option cause I couldn’t just knock and say hi,I’m scared of the dark and I just watched a scary movie,can I stay here till my friend comes back?

No.ing.way.

Speaking of friend,I cursed myself for sending venus out in this blackout. I was worried for her but at least it was more safe outside but deep down I prayed for her to come back home to find me alive not to a unrecognizable frozen corpse which had been skinned alive.

I was shaking both from fear and cold.the corridor was really cold and I was barefoot so I had to wiggle my toes when walking. I almost regretted leaving our warm home.at least I would have die in my own living room instead of dying in a dark and cold corridor and leo finding my frozen body with my tongue stuck out!gross!

“I hate dark…I hate cold…” I moaned, tripping over my foot for the umpteenth time when I sensed a shadow passing by me,with my eyes widen like an owl I stood up again not caring about the scratches on my knees from felling to the floor over and over,I slammed my fists to my mouth to muffle my whimpers, not able to look around from the fear of the ghost noticing me despite not seeing anything I started walking towards the emergency exit when I heard someone chuckling almost an evil laugh.

It was him.the ghost.and he was here,maybe coming out of the TV just like in the movie “the ring”.

I froze in my place for a moment before I started running for my life towards the emergency exit with the whole energy I had left and to my ing misfortune I hit something hard before I could even reach the stairs.

 I couldn’t see anything in the dark but I tried to turn around and run in the opposite direction when a hand gripped my neck making me scream on the top of my lungs.the hands then slide up to my hair gripping my hair for a moment before pulling on them harshly.my vision went blurry,I felt tears of panic and pain streaming down my face,I felt numb all over and my voice was stuck in my throat,and then just like in the movies my knees went weak,my eyes rolling back in my head and I fainted right in the hands of the ghost in the dark corridor,praying that my death will be quick.

 

 

Vixx dorm,No one’s P.O.V

“what the hell!” someone yelled from the living room where leo,ravi and hyuk were watching soccer which followed by a new chain of curses about the electricity power and leo scolding ravi for cursing in front of hyuk.

Hakyeon who was sitting on the couch,his legs crossed,his eyes glued to his phone,surfing on twitter jumped off of his seat with a shocked scream,running over to the lounge room.he stumbled in leo’s arms,wrapping his arms and legs around the taller male,he buried his face in taekwoon’s neck and sighed in relief when he made sure he was secured.

 “who turned off the lights?it’s not funny es! I was in the middle of my business here” jaehwan yelled poking his head out of the bathroom’s door,before looking at the others in the dim light of the phone screens ravi and hyuk held straight to lighten the room.

“it’s a blackout you !” wonshik turned his phone towards jaehwan’s face making him cringe from the bright light in his eyes when they heard noises from outside,there were some hitting sounds with someone whimpering in the background.the noises were faint and muffled but somehow unmistakable.

“what is that?” wonshik asked trying to find the source of the noises by looking around the dorm.

“what is what?” ken asked from the doorframe of the bathroom trying to dry his hands with the back of his pororo printed pj pants.

“it’s like someone is hurt” wonshik blinked,walking towards the front door.

“let’s go check outside” hakyeon said nervously as he removed his arms and legs from leo and walked to the door to check if someone needed help.

“are you sure you want to go outside in this darkness?what about the ghosts and monsters?” jaehwan asked with one hand on his hip,smirking.

“hyung want me to go with you?” wonshik asked,shifting from one foot to another something he did when he was nervous.

“I’m offended now,I’m a man ok?” hakyeon looked at them secretly thanking the blackout for hiding his red cheeks.

“sorry,I just wanted_” ravi tried to explain but was cut off by an offended and embarrassed leader.

“I’m going” he clutched the small torch he just found on the table in his hands,holding it straight to lighten the dark hallway,stepping forward hesitantly,he looked back through his shoulder,ignoring his offended honour as a man.

“Watch my back you es”

“ok” they said in unison.

He took a deep breath and stepped in the dark corridor carefully looking to his left then right. it was quiet again so he started walking backwards unconsciously looking around the corridor for the source of the noises earlier.

“maybe it was a cat or something” he thought to himself but chuckled lowly when he found out how stupid it was for a cat to take the lift to the 21st floor of the building.

“ahh” there was a muffled yelp and the torch went off,leaving hakyeon in pure darkness.

As much as he didn’t want to admit it but he was starting to regret not bringing the others with him, it was like the scary movies when the oblivious victim was wandering around and the crazy serial killer was waiting for the right time to attack.

he heard footsteps approaching him from behind,his legs felt weak and his whole body started trembling like crazy.

“wo_wonshik ah?” he opened his mouth to call but nothing came out,hoping it was one of the members who came for him,but when no one answered he started to panic,remembering ravi and jongin’s conversation just two days ago.

“ravi ah have you heard of the idol killer?” jongin asked casually,his eyes glued to his handphone’s screen.

“idol killer?what’s that?”

“not what,who!there’s a girl they say who hates idols,she’s the one who sent yunho hyung to hospital after she added some glue to his juice,and even poisoned b.a.p’s himchan’s coffee.they say she’s back and she predicted that a very famous idol will die in 2014”

“haha funny! I don’t believe in these stuff jonginnie!she’s probably bluffing, I mean come on if she wanted to kill us she would do that without announcing it aloud”

“yeah maybe you’re right,it’s just bull!”

After that they went back to their usual conversations about some hot girl groups that had recently debuted,but hakyeon couldn’t forget the words jongin just said “IDOL KILLER”

As soon as he remembered those words his whole being started to shake uncontrollably he turned around and started to walk towards their dorm but bumped to something,or someone.

he didn’t have time to think straight,his body was working on its own, his throat went dry and his shaking hands slapped something,”SKIN” he thought and curled his fingers scratching the soft skin with his nails which followed by a painful scream from the idol killer.he then blindly clutched something long,soft and silky.”HAIR.”

he couldn’t stop himself,he was screaming and shivering in pure horror that he thought his heart is going to stop any second,when something hit his face and someone grabbed his hands from behind,still in panic mode he trashed and screamed not paying attention to his surroundings till he heard a familiar voice calling him.

“hakyoenah!hakyeon hyung!hyung it’s me!” it was like turning up the volume of the TV the voices was becoming more clear and louder for hakyeon and he recognized wonshik’s voice and stopped from thrashing and kicking.

 “are you ok?” he asked,his voice worried with a glimpse of guilt.

“No” he panted and leaned his body to wonshik’s firm chest before remembering the “idol killer”.

He looked down and in the dim light of the small torch ravi was holding he could see a feminine figure lying on the ground,he stepped back pressing his back to wonshik’s chest,pointing at the unconscious figure on the floor.

“I_i_idol ki_killer…” he whimpered and turned back, burying his head in wonshik’s chest,he wrapped his arms around him and leaned his head down

“what?”

“idol killer,she’s here…” he whimpered,and pressed his head harder to ravi’s shoulder.

Wonshik glanced at the figure on the floor,he couldn’t see the person in the dark hallway clearly but he could tell it was a feminine figure,a girl.his arms around hakyeon’s body tightened unconsciously,for the first time in his 21 years of living he didn’t really know what to do.as much as he was scared to leave the idol killer on the floor when they weren’t sure if she was still conscious (or alive) but he did what he thought was the best thing to do (for his beloved hyung to be safe) and lifted hakyeon,carrying him inside bridal style.

The apartment was dimly lightened by a few candles ken had found in the cabinet, He carefully lay down the traumatized looking hakyeon on the couch and knelt beside the him to caress the pale leader.

“hyuk ah bring him a glass of water” he asked the youngest who was watching them with wide eyes.

Hyuk nodded before running to the kitchen and coming back a few moments later with a glass of water in his hands.

He handed the glass to wonshik who smiled weakly at him and helped hakyeon to sit up so he can drink the water.

After they made sure the leader was fine,wonshik and taekwoon went back to the idol killer.

they found the body just as they left it in the hallway a few minutes before.leo clutched the bat ken handed him earlier (you know just to be sure) and approached the figure carefully.he nudged the girl with the bat once to make sure she’s still unconscious and motioned for wonshik who stood a meter away with a candle in one hand and a rope in another to come closer.

Wonshik knelt beside taekwoon hesitantly who nudged him and motioned for the rope.he glanced at the idol killer and handed the rope to his hyung and watched as he started to tie the girl’s hands and feet with the rope.

he eyed the girl carefully,she had an average height probably around 165 to 170 cm,her face was covered by her long brownish hair so he couldn’t see her but he didn’t have the guts to touch her either ,strange thing she was wearing a flowery patterned pj pants and a hello kitty printed long sleeve shirt which was oddly familiar to him and she didn’t have anything with her,but then again he thought every girl can wear something like that and she could’ve dropped her weapon in the fight, though something in the back of his head was telling him that something’s awfully off about this girl,cuz who would wear flowery pj pants in the night of killing someone?

His train of thoughts stopped when taekwoon slipped his arms under the girl’s neck and legs,carefully picking her up and walking to the door,motioning for him to follow.

 when leo rushed to the couch with the girl in her arms where hakyeon was sobbing in hyuk’s chest the leader jumped off of his seat and raised both his hands in front of him

“what are you doing?take her away from meeee!” he screamed in a high pitched voice at leo who blinked several times before turning around and walking over to the bedroom,wonshik ran over to the bedroom and pulled out a blanket from the cabinet for the girl,he knew it was ridiculous to put her on a blanket when they just tied her hands with a rope but he didn’t have the heart to let her sleep on the cold floor.

After leo put down the girl on the blanket,they sat in a safe distance from her on the floor in a tense silence.all he could hear was the hushed voice of hakyeon sobbing in hyuk’s arms and his heart racing in his chest,he wanted to ask questions but he knew leo was just as confused as him.

While wonshik was struggling with himself ,jaehwan peeked his head in the room lighting the room with his phone’s screen.

The younger smiled at him weakly,knowing that he probably had a heart attack from the happenings of the last 30 minutes,he patted the spot beside him that  jaehwan hesitantly stepped inside pulling a panicked little hyuk with him.they sat beside the charismatic (but scared as ) rapper but kept a safe distance from the idol killer though her hands and legs were tied.

“s_she’s the idol killer?” jaehwan asked glancing at the tied up and unconscious girl,averting his gaze just as fast.he was always known as the most easygoing and carefree member of vixx as their fans could remember but inside he was always the soft yet strong boy,and he could get scared easily.

“I don’t know hyung” wonshik replied while eyeing taekwoon as the latter was zoning out,staring at the wall.

“sh_should we ca_call the police?” hyuk asked after a while,his voice shaking,making wonshik smile at his cuteness,he leaned forward and patted his hair softly.

As he opened his mouth to reply to the slightly trembling but still trying hard to hide his terrified face adorable little maknae,leo asked something in his soft voice still staring at the wall with a blank expression.

“where is hongbin?”

All the three heads snapped towards his direction,remembering that they almost forgot the boy who has not came back YET.

“he went to bring something from the trunk but he hasn’t came backcame back.i’ll call him now hyung”

Wonshik replied as pulled his phone out of his pocket and thumbed hongbin’s number in the speed dial but when the loud ringing of the park hyoshin’s wild flower pierced through the silence everyone looked at the phone ringing on the side table.

Hongbin’s phone.

“OMG OMG.THE IDOL KILLER MIGHT HAVE KILLED BIN, SOMEBODY SAVE HONGBIN OMG HELP” jaehwan hyung started to panic again,hyuk still looking at him wide eyed trying to calm him by rubbing his back.

Wonshik stood up pacing the room, nervously biting his lower lip as he played with the flashlight on his phone.

“this is insane,we definitely should call the police before_” he said moving his phone in the air like a flag but cut himself off when the phone torch lit the girl’s face which was exposed as her hair was slightly brushed off of her face.

he blinked as he registered the face in his mind,looking at the very familiar face with wide eyes,she had a swollen cheek and random scratches on her face (hakyeon hyung’s master piece for sure)but still recognizable.

“it’s impossible” he mumbled still denying what he was seeing by his very own eyes.

“what?” jaehwan asked,wondering why the younger was staring at the idol killer with wide eyes mumbling to himself.

“Wo_wonshik ah is sh…she waking up?” he somehow managed to finish the sentence through his chattering teeth.

“taekwoon hyung …” wonshik murmured not tearing his horrified eyes from the girl’s face,his tone was urgent making leo look at the direction he was looking and his usual poker face turned into a horrified once his eyes landed on the girl’s exposed face.

“isn’t it laura?” wonshik broke the thick silence with his shaky voice,pointing to the girl with a trembling hand.

His words pulled the older out of his trance like state and he crawled to her side trying to untie the ropes with trembling hands.

“help me untie her” he yelled at a frozen wonshik who ran to help him.

they untied her in silence and sat by her side quietly,with guilt visible on their faces,even hakyeon was now sitting by her side sobbing and cussing at himself for unintentionally hurting their friend.

“we should call venus,she’s probably dead worried about her.” Taekwoon said worriedly glanced at laura who had a pained expression.

“we don’t have her number though!”

“they live just a door away from us hyung,you don’t need her number!” hyuk scoffed to his stupid hyungs as he stood up took one of the candles from the side table and walked out of the door to call venus with leo following him.

                                                                                                                 ** ** **

The apartment’s door was left open much to their shock,they glanced at each other before carefully stepping inside the apartment,it was their first time in their neighbours apartment so they took a look around the neat flat,it was dead quiet.hyuk looked back at the elder before hesitantly calling for venus.

“venus ssi…” his attempt to call her came out as a cracked whisper so he tried again.

“noona…where are you?” he called again peeking inside the kitchen and telling taekwoon to check the other rooms.

Taekwoon checked the living room,the only place which was messed up with blankets,pillows and snacks, and a bucket of popcorn upside down on the floor.

“venus ssi?” he called,there was no response,she wasn’t probably home,that’s why laura ran out when the lights turned off,he thought.

He gave up on searching the flat for the other girl and turned back to look for hyuk so they can leave,when he heard a faint yelping more like a whimper and then he saw the little leo standing by his feet,he smiled at the cute puppy and lifted him to take him out.

“she’s not here hyung, I looked everywhere.” Hyuk came back panting.”oh isn’t it leo?” he asked and patted the puppy.

“let’s go” taekwoon said and walked to the door not even waiting for the younger.

                                                                                                                    ** ** **

“I was so convinced with the idea of the idol killer coming for us that I didn’t even think for a second that it might be her,what was she doing in the dark hallway anyway?”

“she probably got scared by the darkness and ran out of the door” taekwoon replied handing a glass of water to the crying leader while holding the little puppy in his arms.

“it’s all jongin’s fault,he always talks about their crazy sasaengs and that idol killer and I thought it was her who turned off the lights”

“hyung you thought we have sasaengs?we’re not even that popular!”  hyuk scoffed rolling his eyes and returning to the game he was playing on his phone but her eyes widen when the leader smacked him on his head for questioning their popularity.

“what about hongbin?” wonshik asked worriedly.

“let’s go find him.” Taekwoon stood up,glanced at laura for a last time then called for them “let’s go find hongbin,he probably is still in the parking lot”

they all stood up except for the wailing and crying hakyeon but leo handed the puppy to hyuk making the younger frown in confusion.

 “you stay here with them”

“why me?” the younger whined with a slight pout on his lips but cradled the puppy on his chest.

“cause you’re manly enough to protect them” leo smiled weakly looking at hyuk in the eyes,making him drop his head in defeat.

“what_what if” he glanced at laura nervously then looked back at his feet “what if she wakes up hyung?”

“then give her a glass of water and a painkiller and calm her down” leo answered already walking to the door.

“leo yah!be carefull the real murderer can be still outside” leo nodded to the paranoid leader and rolled his eyes before walking out of the door.

As soon as they stepped out of the door hyuk looked back at his crying hyung and his unconscious and beaten up noona and sighed heavily,this night couldn’t get any weirder.

He walked to the window and draw back the curtains and to his shock as much as he could see all the seoul was in darkness and then it clicked in his head : “it was a blackout because of the storm”

“hyung look!it’s a blackout, there was no idol killer who messed with the electricity power”

 he said as he sat down beside hakyeon and pulled out his phone,turning on the radio,changing the channels to find the news.

His suspicion got confirmed when the news announced the citywide blackout in Seoul due to the storm.

“hyung don’t be scared anymore,we’ll be fine.”

 

Venus’ P.O.V

“I knew it,laura is dumber than to look for me…”

“whoah!you haven’t seen dumb yet!there are 5 dumb people up there that didn’t even noticed I went down to bring something from the trunk and I haven’t came back yet!”

I chuckled from the childish tone he was using,imagining him puffing his cheeks,huffing like a 5 years old angry kid did its damage and I was losing my mind ,dying inside from fangirling too much over this guy who didn’t have any idea how cute and y he is at the same time.

 “I wished I had a candle” I said with my head buried in my hands,sure I was happy I wasn’t alone in here and it was more than that!it was hongbin and I seriously was happy to be in here with him (or stuck here with him)”

“are you afraid of the dark?”

“no,I’m not afraid but it’s really disturbing,all the elevators have some battery backup or something!”

“the elevator’s generator hasn’t been working for a while,last time there was a citywide blackout and we had to use the staircase and we climbed 7 floors on feet and It’s no joke!”

“oh!”

“and after that I got a headache as well!”

“haha why?”

“you know,hakyeon hyung is a whiner all the time and in the end taekwoon hyung had to piggy back him all the way up!”

“whoah!i feel you there!laura too is a whiny brat and she’s nagging and whining over everything all the time!”

“you have to bear with just one person.you’re lucky you didn’t have to share your life with 6 other guys.”

“is it that hard?” I asked,trying not to seem creepy but hell I was curious about their real life and I couldn’t believe we were chatting comfortably like real friends.afghjkorfghjk.

“pretty much”

“hm”

“I don’t want to complain or ruin their image,they’re my family,I love them so much but they have their own imperfections as a human.”

“I’m sure they have,that taekwoonie more than anyone” I grumbled and started to fan my face with my hand.

“what?”

“nothing I_ I just said it’s getting warm in here.so you were saying about your friends?”

“um…well as I mentioned before hakyeon hyung nags a lot,he’s more like a mama bear,wonshik is the most grubby person out there,his wardrobe is always a mess and you have to push him to the shower and lock the door,he snores and we had to give him a separate room and sleep together in the other bedroom.jaehwan hyung is the best among all of us,he’s funny and easy going but he’s noisy sometimes.hyuk is a good kid,he’s the maknae in the dorm but he becomes a stubborn kid whenever he wants to,taekwoon hyung…”

“is a ” I completed his sentence but not loud enough for him to hear.

“no he’s not.”

Or maybe loud enough.

He didn’t sound upset that I insulted leo but still I blushed like a tomato.

“he’s a really good person once you get to know him.”

“sorry I didn’t mean to…”

“it’s ok,a lot of people think he’s cocky and full of himself,but he’s not like that,he’s so kind he’s just a little quiet.”

“you seem close” I hinted,trying to get to the true leobin info.

“yeah kind of.we’re getting closer little by little”

I rolled my eyes thankful to the darkness that hid my annoyed face.

“why am I telling you this?” he chuckled nervously,and I could hear him shuffling in his spot.

“because I’m a good listener?there’s nothing we can do here anyway” I said with a chuckle,this was going where I wanted.

“yeah that’s right.we’re stuck here anyway”

No one’s P.O.V

The hallway was pitch black and the torch was so small to lighten the whole place.

“hongbin ah” leo whispered but there was no response.

“let’s check the stairs hyung” ravi said,walking towards the emergency exit.

After checking 5 floors with no sign of hongbin they stopped somewhere to catch their breath.

“we should check the parking lot,maybe he didn’t left there yet” leo said,still looking around for a sign of the lovely kid with the cutest dimple smile in the world.

“what about the lift?” ken asked tapping his chin,thinking hard.

“the lift doesn’t work without the power hyung!”

“I know,I’m not stupid!what if he took the lift before the blackout and he stuck in there?”

“oh.my.god!”

They all rushed to check where the lift had stuck.

After 15 minutes of checking every floor for the lift they heard voices coming from the lift in the 8th floor.

“did you hear it hyung?i think it’s him!thank god!”

“wonshik ah call the super” leo said eyeing the lift carefully.

“yes hyung”

When wonshik went to call the super,jaehwan leaned forward to the door and shouted

“hongbinie!hongbin are you in there?”

“OH!OMG!HYUNG WE’RE HERE PLEASE OPEN THE DOOR!”

His voice was muffled by the door and the walls though he was shouting,the lift was stuck between2 floors and the door couldn’t be opened by bare hands.

“the super doesn’t pick up hyung” wonshik said poking his head between the two heads to look at the lift.

“we should do something then” leo looked around then remembered something.

“wonshik ah,bring me the tool box from the kitchen”

wonshik nodded and ran to the stairs with the torch,leaving them in the dim light of their phones.

About 10 minutes later wonshik came back with the heavy tool box panting from running up and down the stairs.

“give me light here” taekwoon knelt on the floor and opened the box,looking for something to open the door.

Finally he picked a rod and eyed the elevator’s door groping the top of the door till he found what he was looking for.

“hongbin ah!are you in there?” leo asked as he slide his hands down on the door and gripped the knob out of nervousness.

“yes hyung!help!”

“keep calm and listen carefully ok?”

“OK HYUNG!”

“ try to push open the first door through the crack.ok?”

“OK HYUNG!”

“how is it going?” he asked after a few minutes.

“it’s fine hyung.the door’s open.” Hongbin said,his voice more clear this time.

jaehwan and wonshik watched in awe as leo stuck the metal rod in a hole on the top of the door and twisted a few times before the door opened with a soft click.he pushed the door open to reveal a half of the lift in this floor and they could see hongbin’s head in the hole.

“hongbin ah!you’re alive!” jaehwan shouted,bouncing on his feet happily and earning weird looks from the other two.

“give me your hand “ wonshik stepped ahead and offered his hand to hongbin.

“no!wait!”

“what?” he asked,confused and watched as hongbin stepped back and whispered something and then a girl’s voice responded.

“hongbin ah!”

“ravi ah!venus is also here.take her out first”

“oh”

Hongbin stepped back a little,clasping his hands together for venus to use as a stool.she hesitated a little but gave in and stepped on hongbin’s hands,reaching her hands for wonshik to grasp.

he pulled on her hands and took her out mid way, encouraging her to pull herself out,she nodded and pushed her body out and after some tries and a loud groan from hongbin she fell in his hands.

he placed her down on her feet and asked if she was fine,she nodded and looked at leo who placed hongbin down on his feet as well.

“let’s go back home.” Taekwoon hyung said,dragging hongbin along with him,venus, jaehwan and wonshik following behind closely.

they reached their floor after climbing god knows how many stairs,all of them panting hard,stood by their doors to catch their breath.

“thank you wonshik ssi,taekwoon ssi,jaehwan ssi,good night” just as venus bowed slightly and turned around to insert the code to their apartment they remembered that her friend was unconscious in their dorm with a scratched face and wounded body.

Wonshik looked at leo for help who shrugged and walked to their apartment leaving them alone with venus.

“venus!” jaehwan suddenly said making the girl turn around and looking at us curiously.

“yes?”

“uhm…laura isn’t home” with that hongbin and venus’s heads snapped towards jaehwan.

“what do you mean she’s not home?then where’s she?”

“she’s with hyuk and hakyeon hyung,she’s in our dorm”

“oh” she blinked several times,biting on her lower lip “can you call her and say I’m home?”

“uhm no ” jaehwan almost whined,looking at the girl with wide eyes.

“excuse me?” venus blinked again looking at each one of them for answers when hongbin shrugged and jaehwan didn’t look up from his feet she looked at wonshik waiting for an answer.

he cleared his throat and stood in front of her to see her face.

“uh it’s nothing don’t worry,she got scared when the lights went off and…and…well she…fainted but she’s safe,you can come and see her,let’s  go inside.ok?”

She didn’t have time to react as she stepped inside vixx’ dorm for the very first time.

Venus’ P.O.V

I stepped inside vixx’ dorm for the first time,but I couldn’t think about it right now I was too worried about what ravi just said:she fainted.

Laura was kind of my responsibility,sure she was older than me by a month but still she’s got the attitude of a 5 years old child who need to be taken care of.

Inside of the house was quiet,some candles burning on the counter lighting the room with a dim light,there was no laughter,nor chattering and I was starting to get frustrated,for laura and myself,both.

“where’s she?” I asked wonshik who had his back towards me talking to the other 5 members in a hushed voice,all of them turned back to me with wide eyes,probably feeling my frustration.

“uh she’s in the bedroom,come see her.”

I followed them to the bed room after a slight bow to hakyeon oppa and hyuk,it took me a minute to be able to see everything in the dim light of the candles when I stood in the middle of the room,there was a blanket in the corner of the room,with laura lying on it motionlessly.

My eyes widened to the sight and I ran to her side,leaning down a little to see laura’s face,my eyes widened in alarm.the term ruined was an understatement about her .her face was scratched and swollen in some places and she had dried blood on her wounds.her chest was slowly rising up and down which made me let out a sigh of relief.she fainted or got beaten up?!

I didn’t have the time to ask anything when jaehwan sat beside me and splashed some water on laura’s face by his hand making her eyes flutter open instantly,she blinked several times to adjust her sight and looked at the crowd in the small room with confusion in her eyes then jaehwan splashed more water on her face making her eyes widen from shock.

“don’t just stand there and watch,bring her a glass of water!” he shouted to the others who were standing by the door.they started running to get the water exept for taekwoon who calmly walked to a wardrobe and pulled out a first aid kit and knelt on the floor waiting.

Finally hakyeon appeared in the room with two glasses of water and handed one to me and crawled over to laura,helping her to drink from the glass slowly as he watched her with a apologetic look.

“how do you feel?” he asked softly after he made sure she drank the whole water.

“my head hurts…” she touched her head and then as if she remembered something her eyes widened in alarm,

ghost!ghost!there’s a ghost here!help” she jumped from her spot and hided in hakyeon’s chest.

Hakyeon’s eyes also widened in shock as he pushed her away and ran to wonshik’s arms while screaming “ghost”.

I was watching in complete shock but crawled to laura and hugged her,whispering comforting words to her.

After a while she calmed down and sat on the blanket again,not letting go of my hand.

I looked at her scared face squeezed her hand gently.“how are you feeling?you scared the hell out of me!” I whispered as I gently brushed her bangs off of her face.

“I have a headache” she whispered in a hoarse voice looking visibly uncomfortable about all the eyes watching her.

“can you tell us what happened?” leo asked his voice surprisingly kind and gentle.

Laura looked down with a serious expression,as if she was trying to remember,it took her several minutes to finally open speaking with a shaky voice.

“I was at home with… leo when everything went black…I hate the dark so I opened the door and went to the corridor but it was really dark and then I heard footsteps and…someone laughing…”she dropped her head,a silent sob leaving her lips but soon she gathered herself and continued

“I tried to run away but the thing grabbed my neck…and…pulled on my hair…it hurt so bad…I tried to scream…but I couldn’t…it hit me while screaming till I couldn’t feel anything but pain and then I ca…can’t remember anything” tears of embarrassment and fear dropped on her lap making me caress her hand softly.

“ I thought… it was the ghost in the movie which… came out of the television” she confessed this time burying her face in my neck,sobbing and shaking.and as much as it was hilarious,none of us laughed at her stupid fear.

“don’t cry,it’s ok,I’m here” I caressed her back to make her stop but I guess she was too shaken up and scared and she was still in shock after what happened to her.

All the boys looked upset about the sight of her sobbing in my arms they exchanged some glances when they thought I wasn’t looking but I caught them,I was sure they knew something.

hyuk was the first crawled over to her, taking laura’s free hand in his,making her look up from my neck.

“noona don’t cry,I’ll find the bones and we’ll make sure to salt and burn them”

“what…what if the body was cremated and there’s nothing left?”

“guess we need to search for the remains then?” hyuk answered with a chuckle making laura smile and stop crying in an instant.

“what are yo_u guys talking about?you ki_killed someone and h_hid the bones?” jaehwan asked in a high pitched voice,shifting closer to wonshik.

“what?no hyung! of course not! We’re just from the same fandom you know?” hyuk chuckled with a nervous smile and laura nodded to prove his point.

I cleared my throat to catch their attention, I didn’t know how to start but I wanted answers and they surely knew something.

“thank you for taking care of her” I started carefully,I didn’t want to sound rude if they were innocent and just wanted to help.

I eyed them as they smiled apologetically but all of them kept quiet,waiting for me to continue.

“you brought her here right?do you know who did this to her?” I pointed to laura’s face,she was looking at me with wide eyes while biting on her lower lip.

“I don’t think there was actually a ghost,as she says herself someone has beaten her up” I hinted with a firm tone.

This time their eyes widened at the same time,finally hyuk cleared his throat and eyed laura and started to explain.

When he cleared things out,hakyeon approached laura while bowing and apologising constantly.

I watched with a poker face but laura smiled and told him it was fine and he thought it was a killer just like herself who though it was a ghost.(A/N:they left out the idol part and just mentioned the killer haha)

just when I thought everything was back to normal again,laura screamed on the top of her lungs making all of us to jump a good 2 meters from our spots on the floor.

She lifted her hand in the air with wide eyes and motioned to the dried blood on her hands,probably from falling several times.

I rolled my eyes at her and started to tell I will fix it when we get back home when leo pushed all of them away from us (except for his sweetie hongbin) and knelt beside laura with the kit in his hand.

He placed the kit on the floor and applied some medical alcohol on a pad.

“it may sting a little so I’m sorry” he whispered then started treating her hand with the pad.

I watched amused as laura grimaced but bit on her lips hard to stop herself from whimpering, she would always wail and scream when I treated her wounds but now that she couldn’t scream at her precious leo it was so fun to watch.

Finally taekwoon put down the pad and laura let out a breath but blushed when he put a hello kitty band aid on her wound,I rolled my eyes at seeing the childish band aid because seriously why did vixx have hello kitty band aid in the dorm where 7grown up men live?

He picked another pad and laura stopped admiring the hello kitty band aid and pouted.

“I’m sorry but I have to treat your wounds,they may get infected” he said and glared at hakyeon which made laura pout even more but she nodded anyway.

Leo leaned forward a little to have a better view of the wounds and carefully pressed the pad to her cheek making her gasp and close her eyes like the brat she is.

Everyone was watching in amusement as leo was carefully treating a girl.

A girl.

I scoffed to myself and looked at the others who was watching with their mouths agape,when I looked back at the doctor and patient couple they were looking at each other in the eyes.

I coughed lightly and both of them averted their gaze,blushing.

I picked a band aid and put on her face “I’ll do the rest,thank you.” And started to treat the other scratches.

When I was done,I looked over to laura who was talking with hyuk about pure iron or something. I nudged her side to catch her attention,she jumped a little,still shaken up and looked at me.

“let’s go home.” I whispered in her ear and leaned back to stood up.

“NO!” she whined loudly making all heads to snap towards us.

 “why?you’re fine.we can go home now.”

“No,just no” she pouted tearing up like a child.

I rolled my eyes at her childishness and leaned closer to her to whisper in her ear.

“I will make your favourite lasagne baby garfield.” Her eyes lit up hearing the name of her second favourite thing in the world,but then she pouted at me.

“what if it’s still in there,it’s dark…”

I just narrowed my eyes at her and bit on my lips in a threatening manner.

“I’m scared” she whimpred again.

 “she’s right.it’s a blackout.you can’t just leave,it’s dangerous.just stay till the power is back on.” wonshik said suddenly and as soon as it sank what he just said,his eyes widened and looked at s watching him with wide eyes and dropped jaws.

 

 

 

Hi everyone.

I updated (like you even care),ok sorry for the long hiatus (if you were waiting anyways.)

Guys have you watched Blossom tears yet?it was awesome and leo's voice is great (as always)

anyway,sorry for the mistakes and everything.I hope you'll like it.Don't forget to leave a comment! ^_^

Thank you so much everyone who supported me and vixx *bow*

Till the next time.

Love you all.

Serena.