Märchen Fantasie

Märchen Fantasie

There’s only a day before Christmas, and the whole EXO dorm was turned upside-down. The boys hurried from one place to another, they desperately tried to decorate the house, the tree, and tried not to fall in each other legs (which wasn’t oh-so-successful).

„Okay, if you don’t disappear from my kitchen within two minutes, you won’t eat anything tomorrow!” Kyungsoo shouted. The ones who were at the mentioned place, got out of there in record time.

Kyungsoo nodded satisfied, and turned back to the cooker, where he prepared the group’s lunch. Int he instant minute, Lay came to the kitchen.

„Kyungie?”

„Hm?” Kyungsoo looked at him. „What’s wrong, hyung?”

„Could you help me?

„With what?”

„I forgot to buy gifts…”

„You WHAT?!” Kyungsoo dropped his kitchen spoon. „Hyung, it’s starting to get ridiculous! How could you forget it, when Christmas is literally EVERYWHERE?”

„Calm down, Kyungie. I forgot only Junmyeon’s present.” He tapped his face. „Well, I didn’t even forget. I just couldn’t think of anything to buy him. What can you give to somebody who has everything?”

„Well, I can name at least one thing he’s carving for” Kyungsoo galnced at him suspiciously.

„What is it?” Lay asked excitedly.

„Urgh… whatever” Kyungsoo didn’t really expect the latter to hear him. „You’ll learn about it one day eventually…”

„Kyungsoo?”

„Ne?”

„Would you come with me to buy him something?”

„Sorry hyung” Kyungsoo smiled apologetically. „But I’m busy. Try someone else.”

Lay nodded, and went to search for someone who is willing to help him.


 


 


 

„Sorry…”


 

„Not now, hyung!”


 

„You haven’t bought ANYTHING? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”

„Kim Jongdae! You better apologize to Yixing right now or I’ll suffocate you with these Christmas lights!”


 

„I’ll go with you if you buy me Gucci.”


 

„Maybe next time…”


 


 


 

Lay was in verge of crying. He sat in one of the corners, legs pulled to his chest.

„Yixing?”

Lay looked at the person who called him. It was Suho.

„Yixing, what’s wrong?”

„I… hyung, I…”

„Tell me, what’s wrong, Yixing-ah!” Suho sat beside him and sneaked an arm around him.

„Do you have some time?” Lay bit his lower lip.

„Uh… Actually, I have to go somewhere…”

„Really? Where?”

„To the mall. I forgot something important.”

„Can I go with you?”

„Of course. It’ll be much funnier spending time with you. But I still have to do something.”

„Don’t worry, me too” Lay smiled.

„Okay” Suho smiled back. „Kaja!”

They took their coats and tried to sneak out, but a deep voice stopped them.

„My, my… what do we have here? Two little love birds trying to run away from the duties?”

Suho and Lay simultanously spinned around, and Chanyeol grinned at the sight.

„Yeah, we kind of thought that we escape and put the blame on you if the dorm burns down” Suho explained.

„Clever. Can I come, too?”

„Nope. You said you didn’t want to come with me, so you stay” Yixing stuck out his tounge. Suho smiled and shrigged, and they slipped out of the door.

The couple talked and laughed all the way to the mall.

„By the way, what do you have to do here?” Yixing asked.

„Ah, that. I have had no idea what to buy for the most special person to me. But I figured out by now, so…”

„You… maybe you have a crush on that person?”

„Mm-h. You can say, I think. I really love him.”

Yixing’s heart stopped beating for a fair moment. „Oh… I-i see… Good…good for him…”

„Are you jealous?” Suho chuckled. „Don’t worry Yixing-ah. I don’t think he likes me back. And I’m sure he doesn’t even know that I like him.”

„Is he… is he in the group?”

„ Yes. Yes, he is.”

„Oh… Well… I see… What about we split up and then we meet in front of the cinema in about… half an hour?”

„Works for me. See you soon” Suho bid farewell and disappeared in the crowd. Yixing blinked after him for a while, but then started wandering around the mall.

Soon he found a store where he could buy a few things – namely a few books, a CD from a band he knew Suho liked and from whom hadn’t owned a disk yet, plus a cute unicorn plushie as a gratis (it was on sale, okay?)

When he stepped out from the bookstrore, Yixing immediately saw a sweater totally in Junmyeon’s style in the shop opposite. He checked the time – he still had plenty of it, so he bought one in Suho’s size.

When he came out (three bags with him now), he realized that it’s time to meet his cru… erm… leader.

As he walked he spotted a white notebook with a silver pen in the office depot, and a sign saying that if you buy both, the pen will be engraved for free.

Dont’t blame him. He needed to buy it for Junmyeon.

He arrived in front of the cinema with four huge shopping bags and a twelve minutes delay.

„Hey, forgetful” Suho laughed at him.

„Sorry. I got a bit carried away…”

„Whoa. Have you just bought every gift for the group?!”

„Aniyo! It’s for one person…”

„Mwo? You got these for your crush or something?”

Lay blushed. „You can say…”

„Oh… I see..” Suho looked a bit disappointed. „What a lucky person! So much thing from you… What did you buy?” he tried to peek in one of the bags, but Yixing was faster.

„Nu-uh” he said. „No peeking”

„ Aw, come on! I won’t tell anyone!” Suho pleaded, but Lay just shook his head. „Just one thing? Please? Pretty please? It’s more than enough if you tell me”

„Book”

„What?”

„I got him a book. With fairy-tales. And many other things.”

„Uhm… okay? I’m sure he’ll… love it. He is not 7 years old, right?”

„No” Lay laughed. „He isn’t. But don’t worry, it isn’t the final form. I’ll make a few changes on it.”

„This sentence would be freaking scary if anybody else from the group said it…”

„It’s a good thing then that I said it, right?” The younger simeld. „And you? What did you buy?”

„Ah, I went to a music store, a jewellery shop and a candy shop. Yeah”

„So… your crush will be spoiled, too..” The pang in Yixing’s chest appeared again. „Uhm… wanna see a movie? I don’t really want to go back to that madhouse yet. And we haven’t spent time together for a while now”

„Okay” Junmyeon smiled. „You buy the tickets, and I treat you lunch after the movie.”

„Sounds good. So… what do you want to see?”


 


 


 

They watched a Christmas comedy, then they went to a Japanese restaurant. Thenceforth the couple looked for a café and tastes all the seasonal drinks they offered. It was already 6pm, when they noticed that they’ve spent the whole day together, and that their phones were muted since the movie. And that they had at least 365 missed calls from the members (mainly from Kris and Kyungsoo).

„Urgh” Suho groaned. „Should we call them back?”

„Dunno. Probably. Well, if we don’t want to get murdered when we will go back, definitely” Lay shrugged.

„And who will be less mad? Kris or D.O?”

„Neither. What if we call someone else?”

„Jongin?”

Lay nodded. „Jongin will work”

Yoboseyo?”

„Hey, Jongin. It’s me, Suho”

Thank God! We… okay, Kyungsoo thought you are dead. Is Lay hyung with you?”

„Yeah, we just talked the time away… we’ll arrive home in about half an hour. Could you calm him down? And Kris too?”

No problem. See you later, hyung”

„Bye”

„So?” Lay asked.

„He was definitely th ebest choice” Suho nodded.

„Let’s go then?

„Let’s go!”


 


 


 

The couple arrived exactly twenty-eight minutes later. Suho and Lay opened the dorr with the uncountable shopping bags in their hands, only to find a furious Kris and a worried Kyungsoo waiting for them.

„Uhm… hello” Suho smiled sheepishly.

„Explain where the heck you two were, would you?”

„Well… we bought a few things, then we watched a movie, then we ate lunch, then we drank a dozen of coffe, then we came home” Lay grinned.

Kyungsoo jumped on them.

„I was soooo worried! How could you do this to me? Don’t you have a heart?!”

„You sounded like Suho” Lay remarked, whlie the said man had problems with breathing

„Urgh…lungs…collapsing… Kyungie… please… let go…”

„Sorry, the Christmas time got him” Kai appeared and saved his hyungs by leading his boyfriend away.

„I’m disappointed. In both of you. Now please go to your rooms and think about what you did”

„Aren’t you taking this dad-role too seriously, Kris?” Suho raised one of his eyebrows.

„Oh, you guys are finally home?” Tao appeared out of the blue, then turned to Kris. „So, can I get my presents now?”

Kris faceplamed.

„Come on, Kris. You said when Suho and Lay will arrive, you give me my presents” Tao dragged the leader away, who mumbled something about annoying pandas and spoiled maknaes.

Suho and Lay looked at each other and started laughing.

„Jongin, I’m fine. You can stop now” they heard Kyungsoo. He appraoched them with a patient Jongin trailing behind. „Dinner is in half an hour, after that we put the presents under the tree, so I suggest start wrapping”


 


 


 

It was aroung midnight when Lay realised he can’t search any more excuses, and he has to put the gifts beside the others’ as well. What he didn’t know that another person choose that minute to make his appearance, and they crushed into each other in front of the door. Lay fell forwards, straight ont he other.

„Ow!”

Lay opened his eyes. The person under him – Oh, dear God! – was Junmyeon.

„Suho” he jumped on his feet. „Are you okay?”

„I think” Suho looked around. „Yixing, please tell me that we didn’t use the same wrapping paper…”

„Oops… I wish I could…”

„Great” Junmyeon sighed. „This is your writing” he took a gift in his hand and gave to Yixing. „ This too… and this too… This is mine, and this is yours…”

They selected the presents until just a small bunch remained.

„Urgh… I’m sure this is mine” Lay held up a really weird shaped thing.

„I see. This is mine” Suho picked up a small box. „And this, too”

„These are mines.

„Are we done?”

Lay looked around. „Yep, everything’s here”

„Good. Uhm… wanna go… you know…”

„Together?”

Suho nodded.

„Okay. Sure. Why not?”

The couple entered the living room. The members already put their gifts under the Christmas tree, and - thanks to Kyungsoo and Xiumin – everyone has a separated bunch, they even had little cards with the owner’s name written on it.

„Should we start with Xiumin hyung?” Suho asked.

Lay nodded. „Then you go left, I go right.”

„Deal”

They put down the presents in no time and returned to their rooms.

„Hyung?” Yixing managed to catch the other’s wrist before he entered his bedroom.

„Hm? What’s wrong Yixing-ah?”

„I just… wanted to know… who your crush is” Lay mumbled softly.

„Why?”

„What why?”

„Why do you want to know?”

„Just beacuse…”

„I’m sure that you’ll know by tomorrow, Xing-ah…” Suho sighed.

„I just…” the younger bit his lower lip. „I just wanted you to know that… even is four chrush doesn’t like you back… I’ll be always here for you.”

„Thank you” Suho smiled sourly. „But what about your crush?”

„I think he likes someone else. I don’t mind, though” he said when he saw Suho wanted to say smoething. „I only hope that we’ll be friends even after I confessed”

„You plan on?”

„Yeah” Lay nodded. „I wrote him a letter. It’s int he fairy-tale book”

Suho smiled. „Go to sleep, Yixing-ah! We’ll talk tomorrow”

„Have a nice dream, hyung”

„You too, Xingie”


 


 


 

When Lay woke up and looked outside, he immediately recognised that white, big snowfalkes were falling ang covering the city. He chuckled slightly. The boy knew, that his crush, Suho, loved white Christmases (who doesn’t), so he’ll have good mood.

„Good morning, Sleeping Beauty” Someone came in his room. Lay turned around and saw Junmyeon smiling at him.

„I think you’re the princess between us” Lay smiled back.

„Why, thank you” Suho made a face. „Anyways, it’s 11am already, and everybody waits for you. Sehun and Tao managed to get us to give the presents each other before lunch.”

„Haven’t you spoiled them a bit too much?”

„Well, at least they think I’m the most good-looking one in the group!”

„You are the most beautiful princess I’ve ever seen” Lay laughed. Suho stuck out his tounge.

„Whatever. Dress up and come out. We’ll be in the living room.”


 


 


 

We wish you a merry Christmas, we wish you a merry Christmas, we wish you a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!” The whole EXO sang – with a few pronounciation mistakes…

„Yay!” The three maknaes jumped on their gifts.

„Merry Christmas, hyung!” Lay hugged Suho.

„Merry Christmas, Yixing-ah!” Suho hugged back.

Their piles were next to each other, so they had to just sat down and unwrap their gifts.

When Lay reached for the last ones, he already knew they are from Suho. He slowly unwrapped the smallest. It was a red box with a sliver male ring inside on a necklance. His eyes rounded, and Yixing quickly grabbed the next one. His favourite artist’s best-of collection. The last one. His favourite candies, which he was dying for when he was in China.

Jewellery shop, music store, candy shop…It can’t be, right? He glanced at Suho.

The said man sat stiff with an open fairy-tale book in his lap with tears in his eyes.

Their glance met. Suho put the book away and crawled into Yixing’s lap. He closed him in his arms and the chinese dancer immediately hugged back.

„Uhm… hyung? Are you alright?” he asked, when he felt the older’s teardrpos on his shoulder.

„Y-you bought me a fairy-tale book! A-and you glued our faces on the characters’! This… this…”

„Anything for my princess” Lay smiled at the older, who blushed.

„I don’t know why do you think I’m the girl”

Yixing kissed his cheek, and Junmyeon got even redder.

„That’s why” Lay caressed the olders cheek, who buried his face in ther other’s chest. „I love you, Junmyeon”

„I love you too, Yixing!” He looked up. „But seriously… a unicorn plushie?”