'Cause when a heart breaks, it don't break even

I'm falling to pieces.

 

Chunji had his back against his wall, tears falling out of his eyes, his heart was beating fast, much to fast for his liking. He was shaking, panting and he was deathly pale.

Chunji brought his hand up and gripped at his chest, right above his heart. Almost as if he was trying to get the heart out of his chest. Tears were coming down his cheeks like a waterfall, sobs were caught in his throat.

He could hear them ... In the other room, next to his. How ... How could this happen to him ? Had he meant nothing to ChangJo ?

He had ing saved ChangJo from L.Joe ... And he just goes back to that ? !

ChangJo had his heart, L.Joe's heart and none of the pain ...

Chunji's breath became more uneven as he heard more moans coming from the other room ... Why couldn't ChangJo see that Chunji loved him ? Why couldn't he see that L.Joe was going to do nothing but hurt him ? ! L.Joe could never love ChangJo like Chunji could ... He could never make ChangJo feel as wanted, and perfect as Chunji could ... So, why couldn't ChangJo see that ? Why was he so blinded by lust ? !

More tears fell out of Chunji's eyes, he gripped tighter at his chest and let out a quiet yell of pain, not that anyone could hear him over those two dogs going at it in the next room. His heart hurt ... It hurt more than anything. He would rather take a thousand bullets in the heart over this, he would rather lay on a bed of needles and slowly be pushed down on them, over this heartbreak. Yes, he would take those and be happy ... But no, instead he had to deal with his goddamn heartbreak. 

- - - - -

Chunji laid on the bed, under the covers curled up with ChangJo. The younger had just broken up with L.Joe and had come straight to him ... It felt good, he was glad that ChangJo knew that Chunji would always be there for him. Feeling ChangJo shift and cuddle up against his side, Chunji grinned, moving his own body closer to ChangJo. This ... This was just perfect. Their bodies were like two puzzle pieces that were just made to fit together. He knew this was how it was suppose to be, he knew ChangJo was meant to be with him, he knew that ChangJo's heart should belong to him.

He just couldn't take ChangJo away from L.Joe.

Even if the pinkette hurt ChangJo countless times, ChangJo always went back to him ... Chunji was nothing more than a shoulder to cry on to ChangJo ... And ChangJo was nothing more than a pity to L.Joe.

Now, L.Joe wasn't a bad guy ... In fact, Chunji loved him very much, and he knew that L.Joe loved ChangJo, but ... L.Joe didn't love him like that, he was more ... More of a guardian rather than a lover.

Chunji gently rubbed ChangJo's side and looked down at the younger.

"I love you, ChangJo." He whispered quietly, before kissing the others forehead lovingly. ChangJo was out cold, but it felt good to say those words and not in a brotherly way.

- - - - -

Chunji had brought his knees to his face and had started sobbing into him. His pajama pants soaking up all of his tears.

How could he be so stupid ? How could he possibly think that ChangJo could love him back ? Why ... Why did he welcome ChangJo with open arms whenever L.Joe hurt him ? He always ended up like this, he was always the one hurt in the end. Finally Chunji stopped crying ... Not because he was done crying, because he had run out of tears, he had nothing more to cry.

Wiping his cheeks, Chunji got up on shaky legs, only to open his bedroom door to a half , crying ChangJo.

"Ma ... Maknae ?" Chunji said in a shocked voice, his heart was still throbbing, his eyes were red and puffy and his cheeks had tears stains.

"Chunji ..." Not another word was passed through the two when ChangJo rushed over and hugged him tightly. Chunji shocked and scared wrapped his arms around ChangJo as well.

Silence was shared in the room until finally, ChangJo broke it.

"He moaned Niel's name, Chunji." So, that's what this was about. Chunji wanted to push ChangJo away, he wanted to tell the younger to go away and never come back to him ... So, why wasn't he doing that ? Why was he hugging ChangJo tighter ... And ... And were more tears coming out of his eyes ?

"Hyung ... You're crying ..." ChangJo said softly, pulling away from Chunji and wiping the older ones tears away.

".... ChangJo ..." Grabbing his hand and tugging it away from his face, Chunji thought that his heart had been broken enough, and at this point, nothing could make him feel worse ... So why not take a chance ? Lightly pressing his lips against ChangJo's bruised ones, Chunji closed his red eyes and laced his fingers with ChangJo's lovingly. 

Pulling away from him after a couple of heartbeats, Chunji couldn't help as more tears fell out of his eyes and down his cheeks.

"... Don't go back to him this time ... Love me instead ChangJo ! I .... I can love you more than he can, I can care for you better ! I can be a better boyfriend, ChangJo ! Just .... Give me a chance !" Chunji pleaded, only to get a small smile from ChangJo

"I've ... Been waiting for those words for so long, Chunji." He whispered before pressing his lips against Chunji's and wrapping his arms around Chunji's neck.

"I love you, Choi Jonghyun." Chunji whispered into the kiss.

"I love you too, Lee Chanhee."

- - - - -

a / n : that big chuck of italic text was a flashback ~

yep, just a quick fluffy one - shot, hope you guys liked it !