Finale

Until We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 [CONTENTID1] Finale [/CONTENTID1] 

 

[CONTENTID2] 

 

Lee Seung gi woke up on an early morning, in his room, with the woman he loved lying right next to him. He felt numbness from his hand, which she entranced so hard with her own the whole night and slept on. He moved to cover her better with the shabby blanket they shared.

 

“Suzy” he murmured. She stirred in her sleep as he kissed her forehead. “Wake up” she muttered something under her breath. “It’s morning” he added.

 

“Umm” Suzy kept her eyes closed, but he could she was awake now.

 

He moved to whisper by her ear. “I have to get up soon”

 

She turned to face him, still holding his hand, her eyes were open now and he could tell she wasn’t pleased. He couldn’t help but smile at her pout.

 

“We’ve had this talk a million times love”

 

She shrugged. “Whatever”

 

He sighed at her childish reaction. He knew she had every right to act that way. And yet, he hoped fighting won’t be the last thing they do that morning.

 

“Is that how you’ll say goodbye to me?” He saw fresh tears forming in her eyes before she blinked them away.

 

“I hate you” she turned to her side, avoiding his gaze. Her words sent a chill down his spine, and it wasn’t because of the already cold room.

 

“I love you”

 

“I hate you” she stated again.

 

“Then look into my eyes and tell me that” she buried herself deeper into the pillow, allowing some of her tears to fall. “I have to leave soon Suzy”

 

“I don’t care” she insisted, though by the way her body shook and her grasp on his arm stiffened, he could tell it was just a façade for what she really felt.

 

“You really won’t say goodbye to me? You won’t kiss me or ask me to take care?” he rubbed her back in such a calming manner, and her body relaxed against him. “If you want to cry do it in my arms, like you always do”

 

“I hate you” she repeated. “Just go. I don’t care” her voice cracked over and over as she was choking on her tears. “I don’t want to say goodbye. Just leave”

 

“Then why are you still holding my hand baby?” he teased with the smirk he knew she loved.

 

That smirk was a second nature to him now, as he grew used on her flushing cheeks and sulking whenever he uses it on her.

 

Instead, what she did was to push his hand away, so furiously, and then move to hug her pillow, muffling her cries.

 

He left her to change, hoping she’d calm down enough in the time. He walked back in, fully dressed and with a backpack on his shoulder. She spent the whole time crying. “I’m really going to leave now, Suzy. Can’t you just forget about everything and kiss me?”

 

She sat up on their bed; her eyes seemed red and swollen. “I said I won’t. Leave”

 

He swallowed. “This… it could be our last time together do you realize that? Would you still not hug me?”

 

And then she broke, throwing pillows at him and asking him to leave her, telling him she hates him over and over again. He tried to embrace her but as all his attempts failed. He walked out of the room. Her eyes followed him as he walked out.

 

He couldn’t believe that might be the last time he’d see her face.

 

---

 

He was on his way to the bus stop, the last place of his town he’ll see, and the place he first met her back in school. She was the little girl that fell and cut her knee. He was the older boy who got stuck with her, the one whose arms she cried in as the doctor cleaned her cut.

 

He teased, annoyed and upset her every chance he got ever since, but he was also the one to protect her, comfort her and do his best to keep her safe and happy the whole time.

 

He used to walk her home from school every day. He told her that she was too naïve, thus he was forced to be with her. It was a clear fact to both their parents, and the entire school that he preferred her company over anything.

 

She ran into his arms once, crying because she failed her math exam, knowing he’d be the one to make it better. She cried in his arms every time ever since, whether it was over a sad movie or a distressing life event. That morning was the only time she didn’t.

 

The bus was supposed to be there in thirty minutes. Seung gi chose to walk to the station to say goodbye to his hometown. Each corner stirred his memory, from his house, where he asked her to move. The ice cream shop, which celebrated every joyful memory they made. The clothing stores she dragged him to on the beginning of every season.

 

And the jewel store, where he bought the ring that was now in his pocket.

 

He had wanted to ask her to marry him a thousand times now. She was too young, so he decided to wait. He couldn’t wait anymore when he received the news, deciding to propose to her that morning, and ask her to wait for him.

 

After what happened that morning, he didn’t get the chance to do that. He saved the ring in his pocket and vowed he’d give it to her the second he gets back, if he gets back.

 

He had finally arrived to the bus station; there were twenty more minutes on his watch. He said goodbye to the cheery trees that she loved and that resembled her scent, and hoped she’d be alright without him.

 

He sat on a bench, waiting for the bus to arrive, when she flew by him. He saw her running across him, going faster than ever, not stopping for a second. She reached further along the station before he got to call for her. He noticed she wore a sleeveless shirt and a random skirt, even though it was a very cold morning.

 

She kept running and he got up to chase after her, when she crashed right in front of him. She fell on the ground, and he couldn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter