My Turn to Cry

My Turn to Cry

Lets just say this is a Christmas/ end of the year gift :3 I hope you like it :D


“Why were you out with him then?!” he yelled at you.

“He was helping me find something!” you retorted, refusing to let out the secret.

“How do I know you’re not cheating on me with Chanyeol?!” Baekhyun questioned as he mentioned his best friend.

“Because I love you and I would never do that to you.” You calmly said.

“Sure, you do..” Baekhyuns gaze looked distant. “Maybe we should just break up…” he quietly suggested. Your eyes went wide.

“NO! Baekhyun I love you please don’t do this to me.”

“No you don’t…” the saddened boy said as he slowly started to back away. Not being able to take it anymore you took the wrapped box out of your pocket.

“See this? Chanyeol was helping me get this for you!” you shook the box angrily before throwing it to the ground at Baekhyuns feet.

“____________-“Baekhyun whispered, at a loss for words, but when he looked up you were already running down the empty hall. Picking up the box, Baekhyun noticed the card on top.

'Baekhyun oppa! Its our 100th day since we’ve been dating and I wanted to get something to remember this day. I hope you like it, saranghaeyo~!'

 Baekhyun sighed, tears welling up in his eyes at the mistake he had made as he slowly opened the box. His mouth opening in awe at the object in the box. Within the box was two silver rings, each with the two of your initials on it. Picking the larger one up, Baekhyun turned it in his hand when something caught his eye. Bringing the ring closer to his face he saw something engraved on the inside of the ring.

“Happy 100th day oppa!~ Saranghaeyo” Baekhyun whispered softly to himself, a tear falling down his cheek. Slipping the ring onto his thumb, the boy smiled as it was a perfect fit. Looking back at the box, he noticed there was another box under your ring.

“Heh I got us couple rings *^* I hope you like it” Closing the box, Baekhyun ran down the hall after you.

“______! Come back!” he called out to you, as he saw you at the far end of the hall. Running towards you, Baekhyun was quickly cut off by Chanyeol. “Move Chanyeol” Baekhyun hissed, trying to move around his friend.

“Baekhyun leave her alone.. She needs some time” Chanyeol mumbled, grabbing the boys shoulders. Knowing he cant get away, Baekhyun stood on his toes to see you walking away.

“__________!” he called out, but you didn’t hear him and turned the corner. Sighing in defeat, Baekhyun shoved Chanyeol roughly.  “Why did you do that?!” he shouted. Looking up at his friend, Baekhyun was taken aback at his sad gaze.

“She’s in a lot of pain right now… There’s nothing you can do about it..”

“But.. I need to go to her… I need to say sorry.. I….” Baekhyun broke down as tears overwhelmed him. Chanyeol opened his mouth to speak but was cut off as Kyungsoo came around the corner.

“Hey guys, we need to practice for the performance later today.” He mentioned their performance at the nearby café later today. Nodding his head softly, Baekhyun followed Kyungsoo to the practice room on the upper floor of the school. Thinking for a second, Chanyeol got an idea.

“Kyungsoo, can you come here, I need to talk to you for a quick second.” Chanyeol called out.


“Minho, don’t do this to me.” You whined as you were dragged by your friend to the café. Looking back at you Minho stuck out his tongue.

“Never, you need to talk to him.” After you had told him about what happened between you and Baekhyun you asked if it was okay for him to go watch their performance alone. Unsuprisingly the answer was no.  “Sit down child.” He teased as you two found a spot near the side of the stage.

“Ah fine you pabo..” you mumbled as you sat down on the comfortable chair.

“Want some coffee?” Minho asked, standing to his feet.  Nodding you switched your gaze to the stage as he walked away. You’re eyes flickering to Baekhyun as you spotted him going over some lyrics with Chen. You silently watched as Chanyeol walked up to him and poked him before gesturing towards your direction. As your eyes locked you looked away in sadness.

 

“_________...” Baekhyun mumbled as he watched in sadness as you looked away from him. When he took a step towards you Chen stopped him.

“Baekhyun don’t… She needs to hear you sing..”  At those words Baekhyun stopped, he wanted to run to you and apologize to you but he knew that he would have no words to say to you.

“I know… I can speak better through a song…” Baekhyun whispered.

“Come on, we’re about to start” Chen said as he guided his friend to their spot on stage.

 

“Here you go.” Minho commented as he handed you the cup of coffee. Smiling in thanks you took a sip and let your eyes wander to Baekhyun who seemed to be lost in thought. Looking down at his hand you smiled as you saw the ring you gave him. “Hey he’s wearing the ring you got him.” Minho mentioned.

“Yeah.. Yeah he is” you whispered to yourself as the lights dimmed and the spotlight turned to the stage.

“Ah thank you for coming out tonight, today it will be Chen, Baekhyun and I singing with Chanyeol on the guitar.” Kyungsoo spoke into the microphone as the room became quiet. “Today we will be singing a song Baekhyun wrote for a… certain someone called ‘My Turn To Cry’ we hope you all enjoy” and with that, the short boy turned and joined Chen and Baekhyun at the middle of the stage while Chanyeol sat on the side with his guitar.

Softly Chanyeol played the guitar and you watched in awe as they boys beautiful voices filled the room.

“Remember geudaega himdeul ttaemyeon hangsang, Nunmureul useumgwa bakkwotjyo (Remember when things were hard, I would turn your tears to smiles)” Baekhyun sang, you felt your breath taken away as he locked his eyes with yours, unable to take your eyes away you quietly listened to the lyrics, knowing Baekhyun was the one that wrote them” Eventually a part came which almost brought you to tears “Nan (ajik) neol (geudaereul) sa (manhi) rang (saranghan) hae (nameoji) yo (nomunado guiriwoyo)- I love you (I still love you so much, I miss you)” Baekhyun slightly extended his hand towards you as he continued to sing. “Ul (budi) ji (geogiseon) mal (haengbok) ayo (baejwoyo) –Don’t cry (please be happy in that place)

“I’m missing you~” Baekhyun sang, while Kyungsoo and Chen continued with the chorus. The boy let a tear fall from his eyes as he poured all of his feeling into the rest of the song. As the song came to an end they received a standing ovation. But while Chen and Kyungsoo bowed and waved to everyone, Baekhyun just stood still and kept looking out at you. Suddenly he brought his microphone to his mouth and spoke. “I’m sorry.” The words echoed around the room as every went silent. His confidence not wavering, Baekhyun continued. “I’m so sorry I acted the way I did ______, I’m an idiot I know.. I- I’m so sorry, please, please forgive me” the boy bowed, not caring what anyone else thought. You then found yourself running onto the stage to stand in front of Baekhyun. As the boy stood up again to look at you, you quickly hugged him and pulled him into a kiss. It was a quick kiss but through it you managed to tell the boy everything you ever wanted to tell him, how much you loved him and… how much you could never leave him. When the two of you pulled apart, you put your foreheads together and you spoke quietly so only he could hear.

“I love you so much Byun Baekhyun, don’t you ever forget that” Baekhyun smiled widely and quickly kissed you one last time. Soon whistles were heard from the crowd and everyone started clapping. Blushing, Baekhyun brought the second ring out of his pocket.

“Happy 100th day” he said lovingly before handing it to you. He then told you to look at it carefully. Taking the ring in your hands you glanced at it, instantly noticing the new words engraved on the inside of your ring.

I’ll always love you, and turn your tears into smiles and laughter ~Byun Baekhyun”


THE END~ Hope you guys liked it ^^