Chapter 01

Ambsace

                Tiffany stretched out her arms, yawning as she did so before hitting the snooze button on her alarm clock. Sitting upright, she pulled away the blanket from on top of her and headed to the washroom to wash up before school. It was there that she had found her roommate –And best friend since middle school—, JiEun, brushing her own teeth, and turning around only to see who had walked in. “You’re finally awake?” She asked, not the slightest bit impressed. Tiffany smiled sloppily before grabbing the toothbrush from her toothbrush holder –The head of a purple hippo. She reached over to JiEun’s side of the sink to grab the toothpaste, but her friend quickly picked up the tube and smirked at her. “Oh no…. Tiffany Hwang! How many times have I told you to get your own toothpaste?” Tiffany, unhappy with JiEun had just done, quickly snatched the toothpaste from JiEun’s hand and smirked back.

“What are best friends for?” Her smirk became a wide smile, and the two laughed at the childishness both of them possessed. When both had finished washing up, the headed back into their dorm room together, passing several people they had met during the earlier of their freshman year, but had never really talked to after the first semester. Glancing at the clock as she stepped into the room, Tiffany screamed once realizing the time it was, and without a word, grabbed her bag and left the room in such a hurry she had left her phone on the bed. Shaking her head at her friend, JiEun picked up the phone and stuffed it in her pocket. She’ll give it to her later during the day; Tiffany would die without her phone. JiEun smiled for a moment before loading her textbooks that sat on the desk into her schoolbag, and too, headed off to school.

 

                “I’ll go!” Tiffany volunteered, raising her hand as high as she could so that her teacher could see it. She had asked who could possibly pick up a file for her at the office, and at the sound of leaving the classroom –Which technically meant skipping class—she was more than delighted to volunteer. The teacher nodded, gesturing for Tiffany to leave as she turned back to her chalkboard to write more notes on the lesson. Letting out a huge breath, Tiffany smiled widely and slowly made her way down the hallway and to the office. The staffs were bustling in and out of the office when Tiffany had arrived, and standing at the front reception desk, she waited for the busy secretary to finish up on whatever she was doing and tend to her needs. It wasn’t long before a boy, wearing a white school uniform moved next to Tiffany, and too, waited for the secretary to finish her work. After about three seconds when the boy arrived, the secretary got up and smiled at the boy.

“You’re finally here! I was expecting you to come.” She said, clasping her hands together with her eyes glued to the boy glowingly. Did she not come first? Why is it that the boy is served first when he comes last, and even moreso, he’s served right when he walks in! She stood next to the boy, her hands playing with her fingers as she waited for the secretary to notice her. The secretary, had in fact, seen her standing in front of the desk for a long time, but she figured she wasn’t very important and having her waiting was definitely not something she had really cared about. The secretary began rambling on about just how great it was to have such a student attend their school, and that he will surely be the pride of the entire staff and student body of the school later on. Tiffany snorted when hearing this. Knowing the secretary for a whole year, she had never once said that about her. Just how amazing was this boy? It wasn’t long before the secretary moved from her desk and to the boy’s other side, and patted him on the back. You’re going to be in Ms. Choi’s class. It’s quite a long walk from here, and so I’ll walk you down to the room personally. At the sound of the woman leaving, Tiffany cleared and began to speak in hopes that she could perhaps retrieve Ms. Choi’s file before she left. For the first time ever in her life, she felt as if she didn’t want to skip class. She had been waiting way too long in front of this desk to enjoy the process of skipping class. If there was one thing she disliked more than staying in class all day long stuck in a room full of academic goals –that would be waiting.

“I’m here to pick up a file for Ms. Choi,” She interrupted, hoping that the secretary would just get it over with before taking off to her class with the boy. The secretary looked at her, an expression of disgust somewhat appeared on her face before disappearing under her mask of happiness several seconds later. She moved to behind the desk again, grabbed the file from Ms. Choi’s mail box and stuffed it in Tiffany’s hand.

“There.” She said, moving next to the boy again. “What an ungrateful and unmannered child…” She mumbled before ushering the boy down the hallway.

“Was that girl just now in my class as well?” The boy asked, his curiosity getting the better of him. The teachers’ name was both Ms. Choi after all… Thinking for a moment, the secretary nodded.

“Yes, she is.” She replied, not paying the slightest attention as she continued down in the classroom’s direction.

“Then why don’t we have her take me down to the classroom? It seems as if she’s going back anyways. That way, it’ll save you a trip from going down and then coming back!” He suggested, his eyes sparkling with brilliance. Not being able to resist his charm and thinking back to the paper work she still had to do for the principal that morning, she nodded before telling Tiffany to catch up with the two of them. She did so, and when she arrived, her secretary ordered for her to bring him down safely and to do whatever she could to make him feel comfortable. Not knowing what else she could say, Tiffany agreed to do so and walked slowly back to the classroom with the boy beside him.

“So…” He mumbled, trying to break the silence they had accumulated over the last minute or so while walking down the hallway. “How long have you been here?”

“I’ve been here since the beginning of last year; it’s my second year.” She replied, turning to look at his face for the first time as she talked. No wonder the secretary was so polite around him. She thought, turning her head immediately frontwards just half a second after. He was gorgeous… to say the least. His mid-length auburn hair seemed pretty plain, but with his bangs swooped to the side revealing his eyes, she found them unusually capturing. It seemed as if his eyes were brought out by the brown in his hair, and she just couldn’t make much sense out of it. How could brown bring out brown? She scrunched up her eyebrows together as she continued to brainstorm the reasons for this happening, and noticing her expression, he couldn’t help but ask:

“Is there something wrong with your face? Your eyebrows and nose seem to be… scrunching together.” He said bluntly, not knowing how else he could’ve put it in a polite manner. Tiffany’s mouth dropped, slightly offended by the words that had just come out of his mouth. Something wrong with her face? If there was someone with a messed up face –It was him. Who had brown eyes brought out by brown hair? Not saying that it was a bad thing… She shook her head at him disappointingly before moving her feet faster towards the classroom, hoping that perhaps she could rid of him before she could get to their destination. He followed quickly after though, and it didn’t take him long to catch up to her. “Hey, you didn’t have to take offence to what I said earlier. I didn’t mean it as your face being… messed up.” He apologized, trying to make her feel better from what he had said previously. “Though… It was pretty much pretty messed up at that moment…” He mumbled under his breath, and when hearing this, she ceased her footsteps immediately and turned around to face him. He stopped abruptly as well and look to see what she would say.

“Excuse me, but though I might not be pretty, I definitely don’t have a messed up face –At any moment! If anyone has the messed up face, that would be you!” She shouted, moving quickly to the classroom that was now a meter away from where they were. Within seconds, she was within the classroom and out of his site. He pointed to himself for a second, in the midst of confusion.

“Me? A messed up face?” He scoffed, laughing slightly at her comeback. “That’s that first time I heard something even close to that…” He smiled to himself before happily moving into the room. There were surely some interesting people here at this school. Gesturing for him to move to where she was, Ms. Choi clapped her hands together as if to get the attention of the class before introducing the new, yet already highly respected, student of the class.

“Tell the class a little bit about yourself,” She said, urging him to give a word to the group of students in front of him. Tiffany had just gotten back to her seat at the back of the classroom, and shook her head slowly before taking a seat in her wobbly desk in the back.

“My name is Lee Donghae, and I’m currently studying to become a successful businessman in the future.” He bowed afterwards as a gesture of ending his speech, and Ms. Choi assigned him a few seats ahead of Tiffany in her row. Donghae smirked and looked back to Tiffany with his head tilted. Waving his hand from side to side, he turned back to the teacher and concentrated on the lesson being taught.

 

                “My goodness….” Some girls mumbled in excitement as they scrolled through pictures they had secretly taken of Donghae while he was in class. “Doesn’t he just look gorgeous?” One said. The other girls nodded in agreement before turning back to the pictures displayed on the cell phone screen. “He is absolutely perfect!” One proclaimed. “Well of course, he is Jang Wooyoung’s cousin after all.” Another added, her eyes glowing. “Is he really?” The first confirmed. She nodded, and slipped her finger across the cell phone scree to move to the next picture.

“Get a life…” Tiffany mumbled as she walked past the group of girls and towards the cafeteria of where her friend would be meeting her –As usual. Just like any other day, she stood at the entrance of the doors, and gestured for her to go in. Pulling out her bag several seconds later when Tiffany was standing by her side, she grabbed the phone and stuffed it into Tiffany’s hand.

“Oh right… I forgot this morning.” Tiffany said, suddenly coming to her senses. JiEun nodded while smiling sarcastically at Tiffany. She really has the worst memory ever.

“Let’s just go for lunch, shall we?” JiEun suggested, pushing Tiffany towards the end of the never-ending lunch line. As they stood and talked in line, Donghae and Wooyoung, who had just finished grabbing all their food, took a seat at a lunch table. Since everyone was still in line, most of the tables were empty.

“How was the first day?” WooYoung asked, grabbing the piece of garlic toast from the side of his plate and taking a bite out of it. Donghae simply shrugged, turning to look down at his food and losing much of his appetite. He wasn’t used to this kind of stuff; he should probably tell his parents to get him a personal chef.

“Boring…” He mumbled. “It’s much like my old school, but at a lower class.” Donghae said as if it was nothing out of the ordinary. “I simply switched out of the school because it was getting boring there; who would’ve known this place is even less amusing?” Shaking his head in disappointment, he took a sip of his water.

“So you really don’t like it here?” Wooyoung asked, his voice slightly playful when he asked. Donghae shrugged.

“There could be a person that could make it interesting…” Donghae smirked, the thought of Tiffany’s scrunched up face within his head. “We’ll just have to see…”


Author's Note:
I'm still kind of working on the layout right now... It's not at it's full potential yet, and though I've probably used this site for over a year, it really doesn't suit my styles. So we're just going to have to try everything out! ^^ Chapter 01 is finally out! Did you guys like it? It's a bit ordinary, and I know it was probably kind of boring... But it is the first chapter after all! :) Hope you guys liked it~ Leave some comments? :) It motivates me to write! So more comments, the faster the updates! Tell me what you guys like seeing or what you guys don't understand! If they're not going to be answered at a later point in the story, I'll always answer them! :) Feel free to leave a message on my wall! I seriously don't bite! I promise! :)