Final ^^

Happy Birthday Taecyeon, I Have FINALLY Realized

Taecyeon exhaled deeply into his warm mug of coffee.

It was 6 pm and he was spending his night alone in a cafe.

Then suddenly, his phone vibrated. It was a call from his best friend, Yoon Mi.

“Hi Taec!!”.

“Hey Yoon Mi, How are you doing?”.

“Horrible, thanks!”.

“What’s wrong?”.

“Jae broke up with me”. Her voice started to crack.

“Oh, I’m so sorry”. Taecyeon tried his best not to scream in happiness.

He always hated Jae.

“Can you come over? I mean, I’m alone and depressed”. She sobbed jokingly, but inside, she was seriously hurt.

“Of course. Would a sleep over make things even better?”. He teased.

“That would be perfect Taec”. She tried to sound cheery and excited, but it was really hard.

“Don’t worry Mi, I’ll just head to my apartement and I’ll be at your place in 15 minutes okay?”.

“Yeah, that would be great”.

“Wonderful, see you soon”.

“Bye”.

As soon as he clicked off his phone, he paid for his coffee and dashed out.

He sped though the streets of Seoul to him apartement.

Soon, he was outside of Yoon Mi’s door, clothes in a duffel bag, and a sleeping bag wrapped under his arm.

He rang the doorbell once, and Yoon Mi opened it right away.

As soon as she saw his face, all the pain and hurt drained out of her face. I was soon replaced by warm and genuine smile.

“Come on in”. She pulled his arm and welcomed him in.

“I already set up our usual sleepover site in the living room”. She said as she went inside the kitchen.

Moments later, she came back out with two steaming cups of hot cocoa.

“One for you, and one for me”. She smiled at him while handing his drink.

“Thanks Mi”. Taec said before sipping his hot cocoa.

Yoon Mi has always been a special friend to Taecyeon. They first met in middle school, when they got paired to sit together. She always knew how to comfort him whenever he was sad. She used to come to his place really often. They would have sleepovers at each other’s houses. They always came to school together. Along the years, Taec has developed feeling for Yoon Mi, but he has always been to afraid to let her know how he felt.

Ever since Jae came along, Yoon Mi and Taec became more distant. Jae never treated her properly. He would often neglect her, forget dates, ignore her. It really hurt Taec to know that the girl that he loved was being mistreated by someone.

In the middle of their second movie, Yoon Mi suddenly spoke.

“You know, It’s the 26th of December today”.

Taec was so swamped with work that he forgot his own birthday.

“Is it? Wow, I didn’t even realize”. His voice trailed off.

He looked lost and tired eveyday. He always slept late because of his mountains of paper work which was the very cause to his dark eye bags.

“Is something bothering you Taec?”. Yoon Mi asked, concerned.

“Well, yeah”. He smiled at his sudden thought.

“What is it?”.

“I’m enjoying comfy this blanket right here, and youre right next to me still looking kinda depressed”.

“And your point is?”.

“Come here”. Taec chukeled and opened his arms.

Yoon Mi came to him without hesitation and leaned her head on his chest comfortably.

Somehow, Taec found this moment to be the perfect time to tell her.

“Hey Mi?”.

“Yeah?”.  She asked and looked up into his eyes.

Her precious twinkling eyes looking straight at Taec.

“I like you”. He said.

His hug around her tightened and he stared at her.

“Ever since we were twelve, Ive always liked you. You laugh, your smiled, you lame jokes, everything”.

Yoon Mi was taken aback by his sudden confession.

She too has had a crush on him for years, but thinking that she wasn’t good enough for him, she tried to bury her feelings and met other people.

That obviously ended bad.

“Me too”. Yoon Mi said softly, letting out a deep sigh.

“Huh?”. Taec looked down at her.

“Ive liked you too”. She said again, more firmly this time.

“Then why did you-“.

“Because I though I wasn’t good enough for you Taec. You were always the sweeter one, the kinder one, more undersanding, warm. I thought you deserved someone better than me”.

She looked down at her toes, avoiding eye contact.

Taecyeon smiled and planted a kiss at the top of her head.

“Well, that’s setled then”. He said.

Yoon Mi gave him a questioning look.

“We’ve both liked each other for years but we were too blind to see it Now that that’s done and taken care of, I have an important question to ask you”. He said, smiling at her softly.

“What?”. She asked him.

“Will you be my girlfriend?”. He asked.

Those five words that have been caught in his throat for years has finally came out.

“Yes”. Yoon Mi answered simply and looked up at him again.

Taecyeon closed the gap between them and planted a kiss on her lips.

He poured out all of his emotions into the kiss, The ones he’s been holding back for years. Everything was finally out.

They slowly parted, but that same smile didn’t leave their lips.

Taecyeon turned off the TV and cuddled Yoon Mi in his embrace.

Suddenly, the clock rung, signalin the starat of the 27th of December.

"Happy Birthday Taecyeon". Yoon Mi said. "Sorry, I didn't get you a present. Instead I mad you come to my house".

"But you gave me the best present I could have asked for?".

"And what is that?". Yoon Mi asked, even though she already knew what he was going to say.

"You".

Taecyeon tightened his hug around her.

He was so happy that they were together now.

Finally.