Happy New Year

NEW YEAR

 

 

 

2014 -(n.) comes after 2013; a new year for a new beginning, for new chances, new hope.


 

Chanyeol fishes out his phone, calling Kris. Luhan and Lay stand beside him; 2014 had officially arrived and now they were eager to hear how it went for Kris. Luhan confidently sips on his champagne as he waits, Lay kept staring at Chanyeol.

Would you stop that?” Chanyeol tells him. Lay pouts and looks away; the other line answers “Oh! Kris!” Lay shoots his attention back to Chanyeol. “Happy New Year!” he greets the person on the other line. “So, did pizza girl show up?”

Kris glances at the girl standing beside him, holding his hand as they watch the fireworks together; he smirks

Yeah, like I told you” Chanyeol's face turns blank, his jaw slowly drops “Happy New Year, man... I'll call you tomorrow”

Beep. Luhan turns to Chanyeol, raising a brow at his expression where as Lay stood there waiting. “Well?” Luhan asks. Chanyeol turns to him then to Lay, without a word he ran a hand through his hair and puffed out a breath.

Pizza girl showed up”

Lay's eyes go wide, he punches the air in triumph. Luhan drops his glass onto the floor “ing hell!” he yells before walking off while Lay basks in his glory. His luck seeming to have changed.

Aish ~” Chanyeol breathes out.

Kai, on the other hand, breaks his lips away from Rani's and the two turn to watch the fireworks going off before them. He intertwines his hand with hers and give it a light squeeze making her turn to him “So, are you ready to move back in?”

Rani smiles; Kai moves and wraps his arms around her “God, I missed you” he breathes out making her chuckle. She nods her head, closing her eyes “Me too”

Happy New Year, Rani-ah” he smiles.

Meanwhile...

He walks up the information desk, flowers in hand, a fast beating heart inside his chest; he swallows hard as the nurse on the other side looks up at him and smiles “Yes, sir?”

P-Park Soojin... is she here?” the nurse blinks for a moment and glances at the flowers he held. Her smile softens and she nods her head, afterwards stating the number of her room. His heart skips a beat as he then gives a bow and walks off.

After a year of searching for her, he managed to get information from a friend of his boss –Kris Wu was his name- he learned that Soojin managed to get past her due date. He was actually glad too but he never had the guts to visit her. Somehow, there was something stopping him.

But now, he was ready. Taking a deep breath, he stops at the designated door: 1950 it says. He closes his eyes for a moment and tries to calm his rapidly beating heart before raising his hand to grab the door knob and slowly turns it; Sehun pushes the door open and pokes his head inside.

He froze all of a sudden as the person on the bed turns and they make eye contact. He blinks his eyes at her as she does the same; he steps inside, clearing his throat.

H-Hi” he stutters; the girl smiles at him. Her head was covered with a furry white wolf hat, she looked pale, her lips were drained of color, she looked really sick yet her eyes were so bright. Even so, they still sparkled like the last time “Sehun-ah” she chimes, weak but still equally bright as last time.

He smiles at her, closing the door behind him and walks towards her bed. He holds out the flowers to her, she giggles and takes them “How'd you find me?” she asks as he sits down on the chair beside her bed “Oh... uh, asked some friends”

So... why are you here?” she asks, setting the flowers aside. Sehun swallows hard. You can do this... just do it. He takes a sharp breath in and stands up, leaning over the bed, his hand landing on one side of her neck, gently cupping it and his lips met hers.

Soojin's eyes widen while Sehun closes his, savoring the moment. The one thing he should've done last year; he pulls away and looks at her for a moment, searching her face for reactions but all she did was look at him in great surprise.

She blinks her eyes a couple of times while Sehun breaks into a smile “Have a New Year's Kiss: check” and she breaks into a smile aswell.


Author's Note:

Since I won't be around for the New Year, I have left you all with these! I hope you like them, chinggus! :)

2013 has been such an amazing year for me here on AFF; I got my first feature which was by far, one of my greatest achievements and I have you all to thank for! I also made friends with many of you guys; I'm sorry for not replying to some of the comments, there are just too many but I want you all to know that I greatly appreciate them, so thank you very much :)

I hope I didn't disappoint any of you; anyway, I will be finishing all of my pending fanfics in 2014, so I hope you all would look forward to it! After I do so, I will not be publishing anything new. I'm still deciding on it but 2014 may be my last year here on AFF; I won't be shutting down my account though ~ I'm just going to leave for some time after 2014.

Anyway, thank you all again so much. Happy New Year everyone! :)

Saranghae <3

- skittsebony.