06

When Love Come

“Kris ah. Shall we get married this year?” Naeun asked Krid who was cooking dinner for them in her apartment while she looks at him from living room.

“I think it’s fine that we stay here, although it’s a little small. We don’t have so much money but as long as I can be with you, it will work out.” She excitedly stands and walked towards Kris as she said it. Kris stops what he was doing and looks at her. He stand in front of her and place both his hands on her shoulder.

“I’m sorry Naeun ah.” Naeun expression change when she heard his words.

“It’s impossible now. I want to, but I don’t have confidence in myself. Money is one of the problems too. Plus, there’s also the question of my career as a basketball player.” Kris stop for a while and look into her eyes before he continue talking.

“So, I want to make myself stronger and wait until the day I have the confidence to make you happy. I hope you can wait a little.” Naeun look a little down but she hide it quickly with her smile.

“I understand. Okay..” She smile and leave him then pretend to take the apple to cut. Kris looks at her then walk towards her. He took the apple from her hand and putted it down. He then pulls her into hug.

“I’m sorry.. that I’m like this.” Naeun pull out from the hug and shook her head.

“It’s okay.” Kris pull her into hug again. Somehow, Naeun face look different when Kris doesn’t see her face as she feels a little disappointed in him.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

“Eunji?” Eunji turn to the sources of the voice and it turns out to be Kris.

“Hi Kris.” She smiles.

“Wow, you’re buying too many things.” Kris look at her trolley.

“Yeah, I’m sending them for my friend though. Bomi is staying at the rehearsal room for two days since her performance is nearing so she has to practice more. That’s why I plan to make something for her and send it to her tomorrow.” Kris nodded as a sign that he understands it. Eunji look at his trolley then ask him.

“You’re going to cook something?”

“Supposed to but I won’t be using them today already. My girlfriend called earlier to say that she’ll be working overtime and would be home late. So, I’m going to return all these.”

“Ah, I see.”

“I’ll return it first then.” He smiles as she nodded.

“So he has a girlfriend.” She smiles as she thought to herself.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Eunji and Kris was sitting next to each other on the bench at the park near her apartment while chatting and drinking some bear. It was her second drink.

“Are you a big drinker?” She laughs and nodded.

“Hey, tell me, what’s your girlfriend like?”

“Mm..A really good woman. Really, really good. That’s why on the contrary I’m feeling a little anxious. We’ve been together for two years. She’s working hard on her career but.. How should I put it? I haven’t made much progress over these two years.” Eunji look at him as he speak.

“Is that so?” Kris sighs.

“ I feel slightly inferior. As a man, I’m really pathetic.”

“But, your girlfriend must feel really happy.” She said she drink her beer. Kris turns to her and asked.

“You think so?” Eunji nodded.

“Yes, of course. You’re so nice to her. Always looking out for her and making meals for her. She must be happy.” Kris chuckled as he heard it.

“Is that so?”

“But of course there are still many areas that need more work.”

“That’s right. But I’ll also give her some assurance quickly too.” Kris said as he gulped down his drink. They continue chatting and drinking, which of course only Eunji was drinking more. She ends up having a stomach ache as she didn’t eat anything since lunch before drinking so much. She was lucky Kris was there to help her home.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Eunji and Bomi is having a dinner with Suho and his player as they were invited by him to come until a group of ladies came and it turn out to be Naeun and her co-worker. They smile to each other as Naeun sit next to Kris.

Naeun was chatting as with the other as she saw Myungsoo looking at her intensely. She pretended not to see it and continue chatting. After half an hour, she excuses herself to go to the bathroom. On her way, she saw Myungsoo.

Myungsoo look at her then walk pass her but she stopped him with her voice.

“You. Can you stop looking at me like that?” She turned back to see him.

“It annoys me very much. You’re an eyesore.” She turned around then started to walk again until she heard his reply.

“You’re the one who’s looking.” She turned back to him when she heard it. Myungsoo walks toward her as he talks.

“When I’m on court, all I see is the ball. When I’m off the court, all I see is women. That’s in my nature.” He walks in circle around her.

“I look at any woman, it’s not just you.” He chuckled as he stop and talk near her ear.

“You’re too full of yourself, Naeun. Do you think you’re cute? You’re nothing special.” Naeun glare at him and start to move away from him but stopped by him.

“Our eyes meet because you’re looking at me. Am I right? If you’re honest with me, I’ll give you a kiss. Doesn’t it get boring with that good boy?” He whispered to her ear. Naeun push him away and walk quickly to leave him. He chuckled as he looks at her leaving.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

“I’m sorry, I’m going now.” Naeun said to Kris after she came back from the bathroom.

“Why?” Kris looks at her with a worried face.

“I’m sorry; I haven’t feeling well all day.” Kris then excuses them and leaves the other to send her home.

At her home, he started to prepare porridge for her.

“Kris ah, I’m fine. I just wasn’t feeling that well.” She tried to stop him from making her porridge but he insists that he need to at least prepare it for her before going home.

“No way, it’s been too tiring for you. You’ve been working overtime everyday lately.” Naeun look at him and suddenly give him a back hug.

“What’s the matter?” He asked her.

“I don’t want to eat porridge. I want you. Alright?” She look at her as he turned her to face him.

“No, you’re tired. You should get some rest.” He then grab her hand to seat her at the couch.

“You should eat a little even if you’re not hungry, so you can get well. Okay?” He leaves to continue cooking at the kitchen after she sit but stop when suddenly she said no seriously. He looks at her with a confused face.

“I’m really happy with you treating me so well but, this is not what I want.” She then stand up and walks toward him.

“Kris ah, makes my heart beat faster. I want my mind to be filled with you, so much that I can’t think of anything else. So much so that I won’t take my eyes off you. I want to love you more.” Kris’s face expression change after he heard her words. Naeun mean it. She wanted to think of only him and not Myungsoo.

“You want to? You mean you don’t love me?”

“I love you.” Naeun kiss him but he pull away.

“What do you mean?” Naeun look at him with a disbelief face when he asked her then turn away to walk to the couch back.

“Why are you sighing?”

“I’m not sighing.”

“Are you angry because I said we can’t get married?”

“No.” She didn’t look at him as she speaks.

“But when will you ever have confidence in yourself? Next year? The year after that? Ten years later? Twenty years later? And, what if you never have it?”

“Why are you saying this?” Naeun then to him.

“Well, there is no guarantee at all that you’ll make it as first-rate player. You keep saying you want to be better. Don’t tell me you really believe that if you keep wishing hard enough for that, it will come true someday. You’re no longer a kid.” Naeun stand up as she said it to him.

“Kris, face the reality. Be more like grown up! Think about what it’s like for me to go along with your lousy pride..” Her words cut by his words.

“I get it. That’s enough.” He took his bag and walk toward the door. Naeun suddenly realize that he was upset.

“I’m sorry.” However, it was too late as he already out of her house.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

On the other hand, after the dinner, Suho is walking with Eunji, killing some time before sending her home. Bomi is staying at her rehearsel room again tonight.

“Do you want to go somewhere?” Suho ask her but she shook her head.

“No, today I’ll just go home.”

“Oh..I see.. Is it bothering you that I just introduced you as my girlfriend?” Eunji remember the things happen before again. Suho introduce her as his girlfriend on the dinner and she can do anything else but smile as she nodded that time.

“No, that’s not why. But, the speed…” She stopped.

“Speed?” Suho look at her with a confused face.

“Er, no.” She stop walking and look at the night scenery in front of her.

“Guys have cheated on me before. Once in high school and one in college.” He look at her from back as she said it.

“Cheated?” She inhales a deep breath then let it go.

“The guy I like for two years actually said ‘Don’t sing, you just need to take off your clothes.’ That’s why, I can’t trust man so soon now.”

“Of course, I don’t mean I don’t trust you.” She said it as she turned to face him.

“Suho shi, you’re gentle and mature. You’re also very gentlemanly. That’s why..can we please take this slowly?” She look into him. He smiles at her gently.

“That’s fine. I should be the one apologizing. I have a very impatient personality.” She shook her head.

“No, that’s not true.” He smiles again.

“I hope that you will slowly start to understand my feelings and fall in love with me.”

Eunji smile and nodded as she answer yes.

“I’ll leave you here today then, please go home safely.” He smiles then give her a peck on her cheek then on her head. She feels a little surprised with it but let him.

“Goodnight.” She smile and wish him the same too. They then part away after waving at each other. After Eunji turned away and leave, Suho continue watching as she leaves. 

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Updated!

Please leave a comment~ ^^

Thanks for reading and subscribing! ^^