Sunday Morning

Imagine

You and him, plus coffee on a Sunday morning.


 

Soft pelts of rain tapped against the glass, drawn curtains muffling the sound, and the smell of morning coffee filled the air. The grinding of the coffeemaker hummed softly on the kitchen counter and the small calendar on the refrigerator read Sunday, colorful magnets spread randomly around it. Soft lights shone overhead, casting a comfortable brightness over everything and the clinking of mugs being taken out of cupboards sounded. A pair of shuffling feet crossed the floor of the kitchen and fingers grabbed a pair of hot toast, dropping them quickly on an awaiting plate already filled with a small stack of toast and warm eggs coupled with bacon. Another pair wandered to the coffeemaker, mugs in hand.

“Hazelnut today?” a masculine voice asked, a prominent Adam’s apple bobbing slightly as he poured coffee.

“Of course, Jongdae,” you said, holding out a slice of toast to his mouth. His lips curved upward into a smile and took a bite as he stirred. “What do you want to do today?”

“How about a home movie?” he asked, working around his piece of toast to talk before swallowing. He dropped his used spoon into the sink and he held a hand out, clutching a mug printed with the image of Wonderwoman. The smell of hazelnut coffee wafted into the air and you took it gratefully as he sipped from his own orange-printed mug.

“Sounds good.”

The pair made their way to the living room, Jongdae holding their plates and forks in one hand and his mug in the other while you lead the way as you blew on your hot drink. Placing the plate on a nearby coffee table, you and Jongdae settled on the couch and shared the navy blue comforter that lay there. It was a bit cold after all, and the pair of you weren’t clad in the most clothes.

“What movie do you want?” He asked, switching on the TV mounted on the wall after he placed his mug on the side table. “Romantic comedy, action, horror..?”

“You can choose,” you reply, settling into his side as he automatically held an arm out to welcome you into his embrace. Your head leaned on his chest and it felt just like perfectly filling in a mold as you sat together in comfortable quietness.

Outside, the rain continued to pour, pelting the windows with small droplets as the city woke itself up.