i

damn you cha hakyeon!

Leo still can’t believe he was sitting in the detention room on the first day of school. His newfound arch enemy was only sitting five seats way from him and smirking at him all the way. Leo groaned and wondered how he got himself into this mess.

 

It was the first day he was starting his second year of second grade high school and he wasn’t really excited. After all, he spent so many weeks lying on his stomach just watching cheesy drama films that he would die before he told anyone that he watched them.

“Look at our Jung Leo! First day of school honey, are you ready?” Leo’s mum smiled at her son. Leo sighed and continued stuffing cereal into his mouth. The moment he was done, Leo trudged off to school, ignoring all the squeals of the girls and rowdy shouts from the boys by plugging his headphones in his ears.

He arrived at his classroom, 12-2, and settled down at the back, closing his eyes to at least try to get some shut eye when

“HYUNG!”

Leo opened his eyes to see twins. Wait wha-

“Leo hyung! It’s me, Hongbin! Do you think Ravi and I are twins again?” Hongbin’s voice blasted into Leo’s ear and the latter only blinked at the both of them before glaring at Hongbin. “What are you doing here? School’s about to start,” Leo hissed and Hongbin waved away his worries.

Ravi piped up, “Did you know-”

“That some dude-”

“Is transferring”

“To our school?”

“More specifically-”

“Your class?”

Leo blinked again and wondered in his state of mind that Ravi and Hongbin were actually brothers separated during birth. The bell rang at the exact moment and the two left the classroom (thankfully), leaving Leo to ponder about who was the new student.

 

Mr Kang smiled at the entire class. It was a new year of teaching a second grade high school class, and he was confident that under his teaching they will all be able to move on to the next grade. The office did inform him that a new student would be transferring into his class though. Before he even got to open his mouth, the door burst open.

 

“Hello everyone!” Leo scoffed at the chirpy student. He didn’t recognize the face though. It must be the new student Hongbin and Ravi were talking about. Mr Kang only welcomed the new student and told him to introduce himself to the class.

“Um, my name is Cha Hakyeon, I came from Changwon all the way up here! Please take care of me! Oh and I might have presents for all of you…” The door opened again and revealed a few delievery men huffing and puffing with packages in their hand. Within minutes, every girl’s desk had a teddy bear and every guy’s desk had the newest video game.

"Wow, Cha Hakyeon, we should be friends!" The class joker, Mir, piped up, and the entire class chorused with agreements. Leo sneered at the video game and threw it in his bag. Mr Kang laughed and told Hakyeon to find a seat. And guess where he decided to sit. Right beside Leo. 

"Let's become friends, Leo-ya!" Hakyeon flashed a bright smile at Leo. In turn, the other groaned and slumped down in his seat. 

 

Leo was exceptionally grateful for lunch time today. Hakyeon had been chatting his right ear off throughout all the lessons! The guy was no doubt funny; 

"Class how do you find x?" 

"Teacher, it's right there!" 

but my, the boy could talk. When the school bell rang, everyone immediately threw themselves at Hakyeon and were chatting so much that Leo was strting to develop a headache. He received the rice and kimchi gratefully and sat down at a long empty table. Peace and quiet at last. 

"Leo-ya, all my friends want to sit with you, is that okay?" Hakyeon smiled at Leo, and the boy looked up to see the entire class guys, and was that half of class 12-3? Leo hated Hakyeon. 

 

For the entire lunch, Hakyeon sat his fat right beside Leo, stealing his kimchi, stealing his rice, and even sipping his fruit juice! Leo could not believe the nerve of this guy! It was one thing to mess with his social life, but messing with his food? That was when Leo drew the line. 

"Yah, Cha Hakyeon," the other ignored him completely. "Cha Hakyeon." The other still took no notice of him. Frustrated, Leo took the only way he knew. Violence. 

 

Thinking about this, Leo realized maybeeee he deserved the detention he got for punching Hakyeon in the face. 

 

a/n // if you watched school 2013 you might have a better idea on what is probably going to be based on :-)