As One Couple Breaks Another is Put Together

A Bestfriend's Tale

This story is dedicated to Drunk-Pixie and PhoenixCrew. i [miss you] bishes. LOADS. consider this an early birthday gift for the both of you. :D

and to my other readers (if there are any others). feel free to pick which one you're most like, select which one you most relate to, or the character you`d simply like to be, whether it is Taeko Yong, Tara Cho or Pixie Kang Yojeong. :)
...so that the story is more enjoyable!

HAPPY READING.


CHAPTERONE.

It was bad. I had been at it for three days now. That Saturday, when I went to visit Pixie, she freaked out more than I imagined.

“TAEKO YOUR NAILS!” Pixie gasped.

I pouted, then sighed.

“What happened?! They’re beyond nail-bed repair!”

“Oh. My. God. Tara and Nichkhun are stressing me out!!!!” I openly admit to one of my best friends in the world.

Pixie rolled her eyes backwards, “Didn’t I tell you not to mind those two?” P told me off, I knew she was right and she did tell me. But I can’t help it, meddling in Tara Cho and Nichkhun Horvejkul’s love life is better than watching a K-drama. It’s like being in one.

“Yojeong-ah!” a voice called from behind Pixie, I look over her shoulder to see Jang Wooyoung walking out of her kitchen.

“What’s he doing here?” I said through gritted teeth. Pixie turned red in an instant.

See, here’s the deal…Tara and I both know very well that Wooyoung and Pixie, who started off as lab partners can simply drop the lab. And Pixie is being a smart- trying to cover up that nothing is going on between her and Wooyoung. Admittedly, Junho, who is one of Wooyoung’s best friends, says that he doesn’t say much about Pixie. He just tells them if she’s the one who called or texted or if he’s meeting up with her.

Everytime he’s asked “Do you like Kang Yojeong?” Wooyoung would simply say, “She’s okay.”

Does that mean poor Pixie likes someone who doesn’t like her back? Anyway, I’m giving it time. But this is something I wont let go. I know for a fact that Wooyoung and Pixie do not have any projects together CURRENTLY. So what was he doing in my best friend’s house so innocently?

For the first time, smart-alec Yojeong was out of witty answers.

“Wooyoung-ah!” I called out to him. He turned to face me.

“Annyeong, Taeko-ssi!” he bowed. I bowed back.

“Ne,” I nod, “What are you doing here?” I asked him.

“Yojeong invited me over.” He answers me sincerely.

“Did she now?” I hear my tone of voice go up. I raise my eyebrows and smirk at Pixie. “You didn’t tell me we had guests, P…” I say to her.

“It’s not like you asked me if you could come over, Taeko…you called and said to me I’m going to your house.” She informed me. Ah, point taken. My bad…but if it weren’t for my assertiveness I wouldn’t have found out about this juicy news.

“What is Wooyoung doing here, anyway?”

She sighed, “I did invite him over.”

“To hang out?”

“Yes. To hang out.”

Wooyoung was still standing there.

I looked over to him, “Oh! I’m sorry! What were you going to say?”

“Yojeong-ah, your peanut butter is almost all empty and your milk is expired. How do you expect to make smoothies with these?” He approaches us.

“Mwo?!” Pixie`s eyes shoot up, “YAH! JANG WOOYOUNG! It was your idea!” she counters.

I felt my eyes glimmer. Was this seriously happening before my very eyes. What if Pixie, too, got together with Wooyoung? If you date someone from their group, will your life become a drama?

“Their group”…let me explain. Nichkhun and Wooyoung come from the same social circle. In fact, there’s 7 of them—Park Jaebeom, Kim Junsu, Nichkhun, Ok Taecyeon, Jang Wooyoung, Lee Junho and Hwang Chansung. I’m not gonna lie, these guys are my good friends. Us 3 lucky girls have the opportunity of hanging out with them. They’re sort of our property, actually. Cuz I’m best friends and cousins with Park Jaebeom, Pixie on the other hand is family friends with Kim Junsu, and Tara Cho is best friends with Ok Taecyeon; however, 2 summers ago, he was gone the whole summer and found her other guy best friend in Lee Junho –as I’d like to refer to them, they would be the guy counterparts of Pixie and myself.

I was grinning like an idiot; and Pixie and Wooyoung were too absorbed arguing for them to notice me. I was ecstatic! It was about time Pixie’s cold blood was warmed up. And Wooyoung was the perfect guy to do that.

That boy, cute as he is, I’ve been pretty with tight these boys for awhile, and Wooyoung’s got some pretty y tendencies. Most of the time, we don’t bother him when he has mood swings. But Pixie, man Pixie is one of the most patient people I’ve ever met. And if I’m in a bad mood, she’ll wait it out with me and be an awesome friend. So! She could probably be amazingly compatible with Wooyoung. You know, she could calm him down, and he could warm her heart (not like Tara and I don’t warm her heart—but guys do something different than girls, right?)

Back to the point, it was about time these 2 got together. I maybe going crazy over Tara and Nichkhun’s bi-polar relationship, but the both of us have been trying to get Pixie and Wooyoung together for almost 4 months now!

“AND YOU!” someone just yelled at me. I assumed it was Pixie.

It was Pixie.

“What are you grinning about?!” she scolded me.

“Honey, you and Wooyoung aren’t even a couple and you’re arguing like it was world war 3.” I snapped at her.

“Tae, you were probably just imagining the yelling. We were just trying to disprove each other, we weren’t yelling.” Pixie said to me.

Wooyoung negated that statement, “Well, we were talking pretty loud trying to drown each others’ voices out…” he says.

“Oh! You’re not helping.” Pixie frowns at him.

I roll my eyes, “Did you really just invite Wooyoung to make…smoothies with you?” I asked her, but she simply stared at me. I could tell she was uncomfortable, though. “Cuz, if that’s the case, then let’s all just go out and have a milkshake or go to the ice cream parlor…” I suggested.

“I LIKE THAT IDEA!!!” Wooyoung smiled. Boy loved his ice cream.

Pixie seemed to agree. She nodded, “Okay, sure…let’s go out and get some dessert.” She smiled at me.

“Cool.” I say walking toward the door, “Let’s go?”

“Yeah! I’ll just grab my stuff.” She told me.

“Same here,” Wooyoung said approaching the closet.

“I’ll wait for you guys outside!” I called out.

This conversation between Pixie and Wooyoung happened without my knowledge.

When Pixie had gotten her jacket, wallet and had on her shoes, she approached Wooyoung who was waiting for her by the door.

Pixie leans close and whispers, “Text Chansung.” She says, “Tell him to meet us in the ice cream parlor, I’m getting revenge.”

Wooyoung chuckled, “What kind of friend are you?” He raised an eyebrow but his face remained amused.

“A good one!” Pixie smiles brightly, “I mean, we don’t want Taeko to be alone, right?”

Wooyoung rolled his eyes. “You just admitted that we’re basically dating.” He told her.

Pixie’s hands shot up to to cover them.

“Oh my God.” She gasped. “I didn’t mean it to sound like that! But you’re totally right.”

“Hey, it’s all good.” Wooyoung reassured.

Pixie sighed, “I like you and everything, but not like that…and you’re the best and most cooperative lab partner I’ve ever been paired up with, but I just don’t do the whole dating thing.” She explained.

Wooyoung nodded, “I know, and I’m too busy with other stuff to have the same problems Khun-hyung and Jay-hyung have , you know?” he told her.

“Jay has a girlfriend?” Pixie wondered.

“DAMN.” Wooyoung slapped his forehead, “…secret girlfriend.”

“Oh. My. God.” Pixie syllabicated, “Taeko is going to freak out when she finds this out.”

“SHE WONT! Promise she wont, Yojeong!” Wooyoung said to her. “Jay-hyung and this girl aren’t officially going out. At least not yet, he wont say. Only because, we’ve met her a couple of times and we really didn’t hit it off with her.”

“Everyone in your group?” Pixie whispers loudly. A side effect to breaking news she hears.

“I don’t like her, Chansungie doesn’t seem to like her either. Khun-hyung and Taec-hyung are being all nice to Jaebeom-hyung but they cant stand her. Junho doesn’t even try to like her anymore. And Junsu-hyung is also trying his best to support Jay-hyung and this girl.”

“…Sounds like it isn’t going to end well.”

“We just hope it ends soon.” Wooyoung told Pixie.

I didn’t know what was taking those two so long, I knew if I yelled they’d hear me, so that’s what I resorted to.

“PIXIE! WOOYOUNG! WHAT’S TAKING SO LONG?!” I called out. And it took them a good 2 minutes before they came out, I don’t know what the hell they were doing in there, but I heard Pixie yell back at me, “WE’LL BE OUT IN A MINUTE!”

“She’s getting impatient!” Pixie said all panicky. “Wooyoung! Text Chansung already!”

Wooyoung took out his cellphone and decided to call Chansung instead.

“Chansung-ah! Come to the ice cream parlor.”

“The one near the dance studio we go to.”

“Yes now.”

Wooyoung said impatiently over the phone.

“We’ll meet you there, don’t worry.”

Pixie grabbed Wooyoung’s phone, “Don’t worry! It wont just be you and Wooyoung!” Pixie says over the line informing Chansung then ends the call immediately.

“Do you think he’ll go?” She asks handing Wooyoung his phone.

Wooyoung nods, “He’ll go.” He was confident.

Finally, Pixie and Wooyoung come out of the house.

“What took you guys so long?” I asked them as they approached me.

“I couldn’t find my wallet.” Pixie said to me.

“And Yojeong forced me to fix the living room…” Wooyoung said sounding displeased.

I saw Pixie roll her eyes.

“Anyway!” I cheer, “Let’s go! I’m so craving for something cold!!!” I said to them and we made our way to the ice cream parlor. Along the way exchanging stories that made us laugh, annoyed each other—of course in a friendly way, and all that other stuff. Life was good and I smiled up at the sky.

I had wished though, Tara and Nichkhun weren’t on their ‘off’ mode so they could join us for some ice cream. Maybe invite my cousin, so someone else would make us laugh, but whatever…the situation is what the situation is—whatever that means.

When we got to the ice cream parlor, Pixie had picked a booth. She scooted in first and then Wooyoung sat across her. So I decided to sit beside, my best friend of course. But before, I took my place, I made up an excuse to get Wooyoung and Pixie sitting beside each other.

“P! I wanted to sit inside!” I whined to her, then I began to frown.

“I want to sit inside, too…” Pixie calmly tells me.

“…” I give a blank face, “Wooyoung………” I start slowly, and although I hated myself for trying out this aegyo, I needed to have Wooyoung and Pixie together at any cost! “………….do you mind, can I take your seat?”

Wooyoung simply chuckled, “it’s just a chair…but if it means that much to you to sit inside, then yeah sure, I’ll move.” He says scooting out.

“Woobaby! You’re awesome!” I cheered as I took Wooyoung’s place as soon as he got out. And to make sure that he doesn’t sit beside me, I had positioned my bag beside me already so he’d take a hint. I don’t think he noticed though, because Wooyoung sat beside Pixie right after I laid my bag down.

As soon as Wooyoung became Pixie’s seatmate, she turned toward him, “How were you not so annoyed at that?” Pixie asks him.

Wooyoung chuckles, “I don’t know what you girls have with sitting in certain places, but my sister does that too. With her, she always has to be in an aisle seat…” Wooyoung explains. “Again, it’s just a chair.” He says and faces me.

“…Again, I’m a girl—like you said.” I countered.

Pixie laughed. I knew she couldn’t help it. Pixie, Tara and I were obsessed with Girl Power—like you know how 2NE1 exudes awesomeness? We want to be just as cool.

“Let’s order!” Pixie suggests as she picks up a menu at the side of our table, I grab one and hand it over to Wooyoung so he could go and check out something he wants.

When we finally decided on what to order, we flagged down a waiter to take our orders.

I chose to get this super good looking brownie fudge sundae thing. All I know is it had a big brownie, hot fudge, a huge scoop of vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce. I also ordered a vanilla milkshake, you know, I wanted to keep all the tastes in there.

Wooyoung ordered a strawberry parfait and Pixie went hardcore ordering 3 big scoops of cookie dough ice cream. And when I say big scoops, the size wasn’t just “large”—it was extra large.

The three of us patiently waited in the booth for our order, from where I sat, I could see the shops door and the people outside through the window. From where Wooyoung and Pixie sat, their eyes had access to the counter and everything else inward of the shop.

However, I was caught off guard when, only a little less than 10 minutes into being inside the ice cream shop, Hwang Chansung walks in through the door of the ice cream parlor. What is he doing here?!

And now, as I had spotted him, he walked our way. All smiles. Of course, I had to shoot a smile back.

When he approached our table, Wooyoung greeted him with a high-five and Pixie greeted him equally as happy.

“Hey Chansung!” Wooyoung and Pixie smile at him. “Take a seat,” They say, and offered the vacant one—beside me.

Damn. It was quick how the tables turn on you.