Emotional Baby

I'm gonna wake up missing you

 

It’s time for the baby’s dinner and for a week now, he’s been doing it alone. His husband used to feed the baby with him. It’s like an unwritten rule to never let the baby eat with just one of them. But that rule had been ignored a lot of times this week. His husband was suddenly cold and secretive and Jaejoong wonders if this is the end of their relationship as he knows it.

He prepares Junsu’s dinner in the kitchen island as the baby is sitting in his high chair playing with his sippy cup. Unconsciously, a smile breaks out in Jaejoong’s face. Watching his baby growing well bring such happiness to Jaejoong’s heart that he thinks this is perfect happiness. But thinking about his husband, sadness is creased into Jaejoong’s face and the little one sees his mama sad and squeals like a little dolphin to get his mama’s attention. He gets it as Jaejoong makes his way to the table near the high chair with the cute dolphin bowl with baby food.

“Su-ie! Time for dinner! Are you hungry my little hunny?” Jae coos the little one and Junsu is bouncing happily and squealing.

Jae starts to feed him with the baby food but the baby is avoiding it.  Junsu gives his mama a playful look. Junsu is not a brat rather Junsu is a very good baby, he behaves and never causes his parents trouble. He knows how his parents feel most of the time, almost too well actually. Jae tries to feed him again and Junsu avoids it. He sends his mama this look of ‘What are hiding mama, tell me’ and Jaejoong, who thinks he’s going crazy, sings to son about his woes.

“Mama’s gonna sing you a song? You want mama to sing you a song hunny?” and the baby giggles and bounces happily waving his sippy cup around.

“Let me know how you feel about this song, okay?” Jae starts to inhale, readying his throat for singing.

I don't want you to come 'round here no more,
I beg you for mercy.

Jae sings with so much ache in his voice and the little one’s eyes starts pooling with unshed tears. Jaejoong feels like Junsu understands and is sharing his mama’s pain. But despite the unshed tears, Junsu smiles sweetly at his mama like he’s telling him to be strong.

You don't know how strong my weakness is
Or how much it hurts me.

Jae continues to sing his sadness. Junsu’s face is scrounged up. He bites his lips with his  non-existent teeth like he’s trying not to cry but a sob escapes his lips. All this while Junsu is still trying to smile and encourage his mama to sing.

Cause when you say it's over with her,
I want to believe it's true.

Junsu’s eyes are permanently glued to his mama’s beautiful ones. Jaejoong also had unshed tears in his eyes but he continues to sing because Junsu looks at him like he’s saying: “Mama, even in pain, you’re still beautiful.” And that silent encouragement pushes him to continue.

So I let you in, knowing tomorrow
I'm gonna wake up missing you,
Wake up missing you.

By this time, Junsu is no longer trying to stifle his sobs as a couple passes to his lips. He reaches out his sweater-clad hands to his mama, trying to pull him, to hug him, to ease the pain.

When the one you love's in love with someone else,
Don't you know it's torture? I mean it's a living hell.

No matter how I try to convince myself,
This time I won't lose control.

So I let you in, knowing tomorrow
I'm gonna wake up missing you,
Wake up missing you.

Big fat tears rolling down Junsu’s and Jaejoong’s faces. Junsu is now crying silently and Jaejoong continues to sing. With the last line sung, Jaejoong brushes the stray tears and coos Junsu whose tears are still flowing.

“awww. You feel the pain in the song hunny?” Jaejoong coos as the also brushes the tears on Junsu’s face.  Junsu giggles , still hiccupping from his previous crying.

“You’re crying? Ohh you’re crying! You crying dolphin. Mama’s done.” Still brushing the tears on Junsu’s face, Jae continues to coo at his cute son

“it’s just a song hunny. Just a song. Mama’s done now.”

Junsu, now smiling, begins eating. Jaejoong is once distracted as he focuses on feeding his little dolphin. He doesn’t notice Yunho in the kitchen doorway, holding a bouquet of lilies- Jaejoong’s favorite.

Yunho is sporting a sad smile. He watches his little family happily giggling but the streaks of tear still present in both of his loved one’s face. He is determined to make them happy, and he chose to do it now.

I suppose this feeling in my heart would be love. 
Although I try to hide it, a smile appears on my lips. 

Yunho starts singing and that catches the attention of his little family.

It hasn't been even a day but I begin to miss you again. 
What should I do? My heart has caught a deep illness. 

 

Yunho begins walking forward, eyes on his Jaejoongie.

He hears Jaejoong gasp and he smiles.


Now I will not have a lazy appearance anymore. 
I want to show you just my good points.
 

A promise. Yunho had promised and said sorry through this song. Jaejoong is getting teary while Junsu is bouncing happily watching his father serenade his mama.

Up there, high in the sky, I want to fly 
to tell the world that I love you.
 

Jaejoong mouthes I Love you to Yunho albeit having big fat tears rolling down in his face. Yunho giggles at how cute his Jaejoongie is.

Deep in the night sky, boy
I will become a star to protect you. You're my love. 

“You ARE my love. I love you Jaejoongie! Please forgive your stupid husband for neglecting you these past few days. I was busy working hard for this.” And Yunho gets a small red velvet box from his pocket and crouches down in his knees.

Jaejoong is confused but it all fell into place when Yunho opens the box and gets a small ring with 3 beautiful diamonds. An eternity ring.

“Jung Jaejoong, Happy 10th Anniversary. I love you before, now and for the future to come. Thank you for being a loving and patient mama and boojae.” And Yunho’s voice cracks with emotion and his eyes full of unshed tears.

“Words cannot express how grateful I am for coming to my life. Jaejoong-ah Saranghaeyo… unjaena yongwonhi